[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about Direct Input? Why are so many games dropping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Can we talk about Direct Input? Why are so many games dropping the ball with this? Two guys added in full Direct Input and hotplugging to SFV in a week and they had no previous experience with controller programming, why are devs dropping the ball so fucking hard?
>>
>>383349359
The SFV devs are some combination of incompetent and underfunded. Capcom botched the game pretty hard
>>
>>383349504
SFV was the example, nearly every PC dev is dropping the ball on hotplugging and support for all controllers.
>>
>>383349641
Really? I had no issues with Tekken. Idunno why its so complicated desu, must be something related to how Windows handles USB HID.
>>
>>383349829
Tekken's is alright, not sure if it has hotplugging though.

My point was some nobodies did it in their spare time so why is it so hard to just have those features officially?
>>
I don't know man. It's sort of shit. I think anyone who makes the engine for that would make a lot of money.
>>
>>383349359

it's Microsoft typical move to erase any standard that could be a competition and take out their monopoly.

Direct Input supported more controllers, more buttons, more analogs, etc. Xinput is more restricted with few to none configuration aside from the default one. When they began using Xinput in Xbox and PC, every developer that wanted their games use a gamepad in those platforms had to use xinput or it won't work at all.

I have seen a few new games with direct input but I don't know if it's a good idea to bring another standard.
>>
>>383350835
They can both co-exist in the same game. You don't have to choose.
>>
>>383350913
This. Works great for me in most fighting games. I bring my 360 stick, friend brings his ps3/4 stick, and we play without a problem when it's done right
>>
>>383350990
I love it when it works personally, which games just work for you?
>>
>>383350913
>You don't have to choose

Microsoft gives a fuck about this. You are using his operating system, you have to use what they want. Those are the guidelines they give you when you want to play games on your PC.
>>
>>383349641
Maybe because controllers are inferior to KB&M. If you want to use a controller so bad play the game on a fucking console.
KB&M might be a little bit awkward for console peasants at first, but once you get the hang of it, there's no going back.
>>
>>383352782
It's not better for a 3D platformer, 2D platformer, or fighting game which is what I usually play.
>>
>>383354883
>It's not better for a 3D platformer, 2D platformer,

Bullshit. Controller is better for stuff like hack and slash games where you need to be aware of your surroundings all the time.

But a keyboard + mouse for camera is infinitely better for any sort of precise jumping in either a 2D or a 3D platformer.
>>
>>383354883
>>383355503
Nobody gives a shit what you think is superior, PC is about options. The question is why some options that could very easily be implemented are not.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.