[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this only a japanese thing in vidya? Having real world locations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

Is this only a japanese thing in vidya?
Having real world locations in a game and accurately modelling them based off the real life counterpart?
I heard some game called Akiba Strip did it too, what are some other games that do this? It's neat.
>>
I remember the tony hawk games doing this.
>>
new vegas does this too
>>
>>383349062
I was actually thinking that but I wasn't too positive.
>>
Parts of GTAV
>>
>>383349271
It was cool how they made all the locations pretty damn accurate but also changed them to make then actually skateable.
>>
File: edDMExD[1].jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
edDMExD[1].jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>383348934
The Yakuza series always depicted the "entertainment" district in Tokyo fairly acurately. There are a bunch of youtube videos showing locations IRL vs. in the game. They also have real world product placement in the games though.
>>
>>383348934
fuckin La Noire
>>
LA Noire was pretty damn accurate.
>>
>no vidya set in melbourne
isn't it about time the "world's most livable city" got some recognition in the vidya industry?
>>
>>383351120
EDF
>>
File: STALKER and real life.jpg (133KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
STALKER and real life.jpg
133KB, 500x750px
STALKER did it with locations around the zone. They even used photos to make some of the building textures.
>>
>>383351120
no one cares about australians you annoying attention starved faggot. you're the worst posters on 4chan and not even in a funny way. all you do is imitate and steal. has an auastralian ever came up with their own oc or just simply overuse everything until it's shit? fuck you and australia. you have no culture. you have nothing. your a chinese farming subsidy
>>
>>383351361
Chill out dude. You're among friends.
>>
>>383351120
Melbourne is Australia's San Francisco
>>
>>383351495
It's full of homos?
>>
>>383351456
no, fuck off to reddit you australian faggot. go back to r/4chan. it's always you monkeys doing screen cap threads to post on r/4chan. you're garbage
>>
>>383351597
Homos, homeless and homonyms.
>>
>>383348934
Watchdogs 2 probably did a whole lot of that, considering it was developed in SanFrancisco and took place there.
Sandbox games usually do this since copying IRL cities is probably easier than planning them yourself.
>>
>>383349826
>Can't even make the bean a proper mirror
Fucking Ubisoft.
It's kind of pathetic to bother putting a real landmark in your game and make it look so shit.
>>
File: Alien-Hominid-2.jpg (67KB, 339x442px) Image search: [Google]
Alien-Hominid-2.jpg
67KB, 339x442px
>>383351727
And hominids?
>>
>>383351361
I thought you guys liked Hollow Knight and Bioshock.
>>
>>383351968
On another angle it has a prebaked 'reflection'.

A modder managed to fix it in a day.
>>
Prototype is set in Manhattan. Tons of games are, actually.
>>
>>383351626
how can you prove that
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.