[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic Adventure's formula worked when they came out and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: for posterity.png (326KB, 886x1038px) Image search: [Google]
for posterity.png
326KB, 886x1038px
Sonic Adventure's formula worked when they came out and Sega are idiots for never trying to build off of it. They're more concerned with reinventing the wheel every other game than they are making good games. Heroes and Boost style aren't awful but they either never built off the style, or never did anything interesting with them.

I'm not using Metacritic a the definitive score for these games, just as a reference point for public opinions at the time of their release.

Also I created this image, because anyone who believes the Adventure series was as bad as 06 is braindead and/or parrots opinions.

tl;dr I want them to revisit the Adventure formula but they'll probably fuck that up too
>>
File: 1496445817913.gif (1MB, 167x170px) Image search: [Google]
1496445817913.gif
1MB, 167x170px
>>383332696
>Sonic Adventure 2 has a higher score than Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
>>
I wish we got adventure 3. With a chao garden. Honestly, Sega is pretty stupid. They could integrate a Chao garden as a mobile app, and have each sonic game give you goodies for your chao. You could buy customization for your chao, clothes, etc.
>>
>>383332940
Maybe because it was on a nintendo platform
>>
>>383333214
I blame Iizuka honestly
>>
The spnic adventure games suck and I'm a diehard sonic fanboy
>>
>>383333214
The chao garden doesn't stand on its on. It's best as a supplement to the main game.
>>
Ignoring the fact that most of the Dreamcast game review scores were inflated by publications that focus exclusively on Sega titles, which is often the case with any major exclusive title on any platform.
>>
Sonic adventure has always been shit 2bh. SA2 was literally a last ditch effort rushed out by sega america to keep the dreamcast relevant
>>
Sonic '06 is sonic adventure 3
>>
>>383342431
Heroes is more of a follow-up
>>
>>383342739
Despite not being even remotely similar.
>>
>>383338041
This, this, holy shit this.
>>
>>383338041
And I say this as someone who probably spent about as much time in the garden as playing the actual game
>>
I'd be fine with re-visiting the Adventure formula if they cut out all the fluff and just had the running stages. Oh, and they have make the level design not shit.
>>
>>383342739
>>383343421
It feels like a proper continuation story wise
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.