[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an old man whose trying to enter back into the 2-D fighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: loRI1.jpg (249KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
loRI1.jpg
249KB, 800x600px
I'm an old man whose trying to enter back into the 2-D fighting game scene. I don't think I've played any new fighters since the first launch of Street Fighter 4.

I own a Switch but I was looking into getting a PS4 since there seems to be an active community in various fighting games. Do I need a model with a lot of hard drive space? I don't plan on playing much else so I don't know if I need the storage. Which is the best model PS4 to get for my type of use?
>>
>>383318486
PS4 is shit tier and has 4F of built-in input lag
>>
>>383318486
if you plan on just buying the physical discs then you'll be fine with the regular model, the pro shouldn't really affect the performance of fighting games but some games will definitely look prettier.
>>
>>383318601
So what do you recommend in it's stead?

>>383318647
Yeah I usually buy physical copies so I can resell them in the future.
>>
>>383318486
what nigga? if hard drive space is your only concern, you can easily google it.

also, yes, get a ps4. most games are getting released on steam. though, in the case of kof14, a year late and for injustice2, not at all. KI recently got released for the windows store.

also, there are a a few games that have an active community on fightcade
>>
>>383318486
just use fightcade
>>
>>383318601
What an autistic answer to give.
>>
>>383319652
Well besides hard drive space I wanted a confirmation that the PS4 is a good purchase and still has some life in it. That Dragonball Z game looks promising.

>>383319840
I'd like to try newer games since I'm under the impression that the communities will be much bigger.
>>
>>383320518
for 2d fighters? their communities are more dead than street fighter and tekken lol
>>
>>383320518
Street Fighter 5 and Tekken are the most played fighters right now. Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2 is an option though, I think you'll still find some people. And Injustice 2 as well.

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite comes out in september and should attract a lot of people, and yeah, Dragon Ball FighterZ will most likely do the same, but next year.
>>
>>383320672
2D fighters are any fighting game with only two planes of movement regardless of whether the actually graphics are 3D models or 2D sprites. Street Fighter is a 2D fighter. Soul Calibur is not.
>>
>>383321091
obviously
>>
Just get the Slim rather than the original PS4, it's the same thing just with a smaller form factor and probably similar prices.
>>
>>383318486
> Poison gamepad skin has a joystick between her legs.

Subtle.
>>
>>383323293
I've read that the pro reduces loading times and increases framerates. Does that make it more worthwhile for fighters?
>>
>>383324132
No I doubt it would give faster framerates to different players in an online fighting game. There's probably a list somewhere if you want to check the framerate differences per game
>>
>>383319006
hes a pc cuck dont listen to him
pc community for fighting games is straight trash like not even 1k players worldwide

PSN is where all players are, play on ps4 pro with AE2 stick
>>
>>383318486
Just get a venom it is cheap and easily modable
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.