[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PS4 Pro General? Lets talk about Sony's kind of cool but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: ps4_pro_boost_mode.jpg (25KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
ps4_pro_boost_mode.jpg
25KB, 590x350px
PS4 Pro General?

Lets talk about Sony's kind of cool but admittedly half assed upgrade. I traded my original launch console for a Pro and I feel it was worth it.

Have you guys messed around with boost mode at all? So far I've stuck to playing Pro optimized games.
>>
>>383309301
how much performance upgrade does the pro offer over the base model, mainly in terms of framerate? have you seen a noticeable difference? any examples you can give?

i'm thinking about getting one but I only have a 1080p screen
>>
>>383309301
My Pro is permaboosted since the moment I took it out of the box. Not sure if it's a bad thing to do it..
>>
>>383310092
For better framerate it requires a patch or it requires the game to play at an unlocked framerate.
>>
>>383310249
*insert f zero quote here*
>>
>>383310092
IIRC Neogaf (I know) has a list they constantly update with the effects of ps4 on games. There are good and bad effects depending on the game.
>>
>>383310375
>of boost mode* on games

Fix'd
>>
File: Wipeout Upgrade.png (62KB, 773x392px) Image search: [Google]
Wipeout Upgrade.png
62KB, 773x392px
Wipeout Omega Collection should have been the pack-in PS4 Pro game.

You guys can't even fathom the level of AESTHETIC pleasure I'm experiencing.
>>
Let me tell you guys a story. Back in 2013 the PS4 was released and the games on there had very pretty graphics etc.
However the games that came out years later looked much better than the games that released previously.
Rumor has it that this is a phenomenon that happens because video game developers need to get acclimated to the new console hardware so they can utilize it better over time.
Same thing with PS4Pro. You may not see many games at 60fps or with that significantly better resolution, but over time we will see what the pro is truely capable of.
The PS4Pro is not even a year old yet but i bet you that once we get to see what the developers can do by making their game engines from the ground up for this new hardware, we will see some really great stuff.
Same goes for Xbox One X. We won't see the true potential till later on.

However this is why Xbox One X confuses me. Why release it so late? It will take years to fully take advantage of the hardware.
>>
Is the upgrade really worth it if you don't care much about framerate or graphics?

I recently upgraded to a 4k HDR TV and quite honestly I'm more than happy with 1080p. HDR is really sweet though.
>>
>>383310850
Some are already having their 4k/faux-k™ patches worked on. I'm really excited for what they do with Forza Horizon 3. It already looks great in HDR on the Bone S.
>>
>>383310375
Heres the thread. And if anything exemplifies what a clusterfuck this console is this is it.

http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=1324251

I'm not sure why its an IP though.
>>
>>383311115
It will be a straight resolution bump and nothing more most likely.
>>
Boost Mode is pretty great and there's quite a lot of older games that benefit from it in some way and some times even greatly.
>>
>>383311325
Thanks. It's still very incomplete, there isn't DaS3 in boost mode. Can someone confirm if it locks to 60fps in 1080p?

Also the "somewhat fixes bad frame pacing" in Bloodborne is rather subjective. I'll need to test it without the boost mode because I experienced the frame pacing fucking up sometimes.
>>
>>383310907
The HDR is amazing if you have the TV for it.

Of all the display memes going around HDR is my favorite I love that shit.
>>
Just waiting for 300€ price and it's a sold.
>>
>>383312008
DaS3 got pro support which unlocks the framerate. Honestly it isn't very good and has lots of framepacing problems now. Would have preferred they locked it at 30 with pro.

As for Bloodborne the effects of boost mode are very slight. It just irons out the few dips it was having and improves loading times.
>>
>>383309301
Only part of it I'd consider half-assed is lack of true Pro support for games like Bloodborne, Last Guardian, etc. I understand all future exclusives will be Horizon-tier which is great but leaving those titles in the dust is highly unfortunate. Also Wipeout on an oled panel is brain meltingly good.
>>
>buy ps4
>2 weeks later sony announces the ps4 pro

Yeah, no, fuck YOU.
>>
>>383317680
I haven't bought anything since the New 3DS got announced... I don't want to be a sucker. I can wait.
>>
>>383315787
>DaS3 got pro support which unlocks the framerate. Honestly it isn't very good and has lots of framepacing problems now. Would have preferred they locked it at 30 with pro.
can you play das3 the way it runs on a standard ps4 with a pro?
>>
>>383318393
Nope.
>>
>>383320318
dafuq? dats retarted
>>
It's not a huge upgrade but I think it's worth it because it's not that much more expensive and it does make a difference
>>
>>383320743
Not him, but yeah a lot of patchs for pro doesn't allow you to make it run like the standard. For instance, a lot of games render shit in "4k" 30fps and then downscale to your tv/monitor resolution if you aren't using a 4k tv.
>>
Speaking of PS4, anyone here use PSNow?
It's very cheap now, only 10$ per month
How good is the service?
Now it even has PS4 games, pretty crazy
>>
>>383309301
>Have you guys messed around with boost mode at all
I just leave it on permanently since it gets disabled for Pro supported games. The only thing I'm not sure of was when playing Final Fantasy Type-0 with Boost Mode on I occasionally got a slightly light white line about 60% up on the left side of the screen that would even get screenshotted if I left it running. Going back to the home menu at all got rid of it but I'm left to wonder if it was Boost mode causing it because it also happened once or twice in Killzone Shadow Fall. Hasn't happened on any other games so far though which is weird.

Outside of that I'm just happy the developers care about the 1080p modes more than anything else so having stable vsync and framerates is nice by me.
>>
>>383321598
I bought a year right of the bat, but the games they're currently giving aren't really great, save perhaps for Killing Floor 2. But if you're into graphic novels then yeah, pretty good for that public.
>>
>>383309301
>General
>>>/vg/
>>
>>383322081
No I'm talking about PSNow not PS Plus
PSNow is the streaming service
>>
>>383322320
>>>/vg/181893552
>>
>>383322329
Oh my bad, I'm not thinking straight, just came back from a long walking. Yeah, PSNow has a really good library right now.
>>
>>383310249
yeh you're gonna melt the plastic.

Had a friend who punched it into overdrive, and it started making this weird hissing noise (very similar to a snake), and it just started violently shaking.

Took his gaming to the next level, but it left weird burn marks on the floor that looked like his dog had dragged it's ass all over the carpet.
Not sure why he kept his ps4 on the floor, but who am I to judge?
>>
>>383310850
>I'm autistic and had massive head-trauma as an adult, because I didn't wear a seatbelt, and my mom rolled the car several times because she was drinking again to soften the pain she felt when dad was hitting her: the post
>>
>>383322819

>who am I to judge?
>posting on/v/
>>
>>383310375
I'm not reading anything that that child-raping hitler forum puts out.
It's probably coded messages for how to kidnap children and disabled women.
>>
>>383322982
>I am an autistic manchild who will do anything to not accept simple facts.
>>
>>383323054
I don't understand.
Are you coming onto me?
>>
>>383322819
Maybe it was hissing like a snake because it was on the ground, where it's much easier for dust to get in and fuck up its ventilation system. Anyway, my console has been in boost mode for two months now, no problems yet, but I'll turn it off until I get a game that actually takes advantage of the feature. Thanks for sharing your (friend's) experience, though.
>>
>>383323201
"I'm clearly upset that someone wrote a very amusing reply to my post and didn't read his: the post"

Go choke on ya mama's ps4 vanilla ya big baby ;^)
>>
I just took advantage of the original price drop from all the idiots paying twice as much for a "pro" lel
>>
>>383323343
I'm going to be completely honest with you.
None of what I said happened, and I don't have any friends.
>>
>>383323602
Yeah, I should've guessed it. You said "violently shaking" after all, which is a very unlikely thing to happen to a console. I took it for a joke.
>>
The PS4 Pro is a good piece of hardware for the price, but unless you have a 4K screen or are just getting your first PS4, it probably isn't worth upgrading to. It's an easy buy for ~$100 over the base unit though, and it's practically mandatory to get it if you have a 4K screen.

Specs-wise, it has a little over 2x boost in GPU capability, but only a slight increase with memory and CPU capability. Sadly, this means that radical increases in framerate are not possible, but you will get higher resolution and effects. This also applies to the Xbox One X, which takes a similar approach in avoiding a big leap in the CPU capability.

Since the Pro has a 2x increase in GPU power but 4K is 4x of 1080p, you won't see many native 4K outputs on the Pro, but through various forms of technical wizardry like checkerboarding and temporal antialiasing, the end result on a 4K screen can appear far closer to native 4K than the numbers would lead you to believe.

It is an impressive piece of hardware for the price, given that it is only $100 more than the standard model. It turns in 4K results that are much better than the standard model, which helps to ensure that the PS4 platform is stabilized for years to come without getting lapped by the competition. Also, because it is a basic design that doesn't deviate much from the standard one, it will be easy to price reduce, which will be difficult for the Xbox One X to do, what with its more exotic design features. It wouldn't be surprising to see the Pro drop to $350 to compete.

It's too bad that these new versions couldn't bump up the CPU and memory much, which leaves people who mainly want high framerates no choice but to head to PC.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.