[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when /v/ disagreed with the assertion that TLOU was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1370640504467.jpg (58KB, 610x400px) Image search: [Google]
1370640504467.jpg
58KB, 610x400px
Remember when /v/ disagreed with the assertion that TLOU was the "citizen kane" of gaming?

Fun times.
>>
>>383308798

because that movie gave new forms to do cinema, and this shit cinematic game do the same shit than other only giving it a sad history but its the same shit than other games.
>>
>>383308798
Because making video games into movies doesn't actually benefit video games. It's like if Citizen Kane was literally just 2 hours of text on the screen. Might end up telling a better story but it's still just a book being read.
>>
>>383308798

I finally played through this recently. It was pretty good but what was original from the game? It looks very nice but story and gameplay was run of the mill.
>>
Both Kane and Last of Us have inflated reputations.
>>
>>383308798
i literally can't think of a single thing more overrated than this "game"
>>
>>383309990
People don't even know what Citizen Kane brought to cinema and why it's an important movie
They just heard once that some old dude said it was the best movie ever and parroting this
>>
I couldn't force myself to finish it, stopped when Ellie started her murder spree with the guys that wanted her to be a sex slave.
>>
>>383309990

It's story, or rather character interactions, was better than average for a video game. That's more or less it's only claim to fame, it's a functional but unremarkable AAA title otherwise.
>>
>>383310447
This game was barely even 7/10 at best (and even that would be considered extremely generous) yet it is still touted as "the greatest game of all time 11/10 magnus opus salvation of mankind"
It's just simply unbeliveable
>>
File: 1491328434272s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1491328434272s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>383308798
The last of us is just another mixture of artistic and writing cliches and unoriginal game mechanics.

Belonging to a not-so-milked by the industry genre and having well designed levels is the only redeemable thing about this game.
>>
>zombie moviegame
>good

no
>>
>>383311557

>Belonging to a not-so-milked by the industry genre

A third person shooter with shades of survival horror and walking sim tendencies? I mean I guess but from a sheer gameplay perspective you were better off playing RE4 or Dead Space.
>>
File: 1489085888939.png (211KB, 488x365px) Image search: [Google]
1489085888939.png
211KB, 488x365px
>critics like to use Citizen Kane as a measure of how good something is
>they don't understand what made Citizen Kane so influential and why it's held with such high regard
>they probably think the story is what made Citizen Kane so revered

This is why you can't take anybody seriously if they call a piece of media as the "Citizen Kane of X" because chances are they're retarded.
>>
>>383312092
I'm pretty sure there aren't so many linear post-apocalyptic,stealth-third person shooters developed by big studios.

Basically a watered down mgs set in a world full of zombies.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.