[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I kinda enjoyed final fantasy when I was a kid but I never owned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: 817REtxSilL._SL1500_.jpg (248KB, 1202x1500px) Image search: [Google]
817REtxSilL._SL1500_.jpg
248KB, 1202x1500px
I kinda enjoyed final fantasy when I was a kid but I never owned a PS2. I like traditional JRPGs and I was massively disappointed by FFXV.

Give it to me straight, how good is this game?
>>
>>383301653
Worth playing Zodiac Age at least once if you haven't. FF12 is good but not great, in general.

It played it pretty safe on a lot of fronts.
>>
>>383302059
What I like most about JRPGs is the feeling of exploring a new world, grandia and skies of arcadia were my favorites in that aspect. Is FFXII similar to that?
>>
>>383302059
Ignore this retard, it doesn't play it safe and the most unique battle systems in the series.

XII is everything XV wanted to be. Admittedly it's instanced and not a true open world, but the world here is far more captivating than Eos, and it has a genuinely political plot that doesn't devolve into "We gotta save the crystals to stop the demons."
>>
>>383302423
If you want an adventure then XII is the game for you. The world is fucking VAST and you get to really feel like you're trekking all across it.
>>
The strategy guide for this bitch is 400 pages long.
>>
There is just so much to do and explore
>>
offline mmo gay battle system

spreadsheet supremacy
>>
>>383302423
in terms of adventure it's tops but it's not traditional JRPG combat

I'm personally fucking jazzed for it. Every issue I had with the original NA release sounds like it's been fixed
>>
>>383302991
You don't know how much better it is during the game, i did a side to side comparison with the emulated izjs earlier today .... this game is fucking good so much QoL
>>
File: 1489670103818.jpg (151KB, 428x520px) Image search: [Google]
1489670103818.jpg
151KB, 428x520px
>>383302550
>>383302991
I guess that sounds okay enough, not that there's much else coming out in the next few weeks. Thanks for the help, anons.
>>
>>383302423
FF XII has a fair bit of exploration, yes. The world is massive though it feels a bit empty by modern standards. For the time it was impressive as fuck, though. Lots of side quests too.

>>383302431
There's always one of these faggots in every FF12 thread that has to defend the game even when nobody criticized it yet.
>>
>>383302983
>gay

what are you, a twelve year old from 2004? Maybe try some actual criticism
>>
>>383301653
It plays like an mmo desu
>>
>>383303148
No problem. It's my favourite FF so happy to help
>>
File: 1418180970000.jpg (409KB, 1275x711px) Image search: [Google]
1418180970000.jpg
409KB, 1275x711px
Unless you like a story so boring it induces a coma, characters who are underdeveloped and superfluous to the point of hilarity, and a combat system that is essentially offline-MMO tier, I would not recommend falling for this remaster meme. Removing Vaan's drawn on abs isn't going to change the fact FFXII was shit to begin with.
>>
>>383301653
Play it on a emulator and see by yourself. There is no point comparing each FF, they are usually made by different directors, compostiors, artist etc
>>
>>383303792
Hey guys, look who's here
>>
Is the Zodiac Spear still a pain to get?
>>
I loved it but definitely wouldn't call it a traditional RPG so it might not be for you OP. From the gameplay to the setting/story pretty much nothing is like your traditional RPG.
>>
>>383304171
I'm not FFXV-kun. I hate FFXV just as much as FFXII if not moreso. I just posted that picture so people would read it
>>
I've read that it has a job system. I've played ffxiv, is it somewhat like that were you pick classes for your party members or do they have predetermined classes?
>>
I put 120 in it but don't remember much. It had lots of airships which is always a good thing but the combat was boring and the levels were too big considering the fact that they were only filled with enemies but lets be honest, most people play Final Fantasy for the story which was completely forgettable and Vaan is the most unimportant main character of the history of Final Fantasy.
>>
>>383304864
In this new version you give each member two jobs. They basically become a hybrid of both in one.
>>
>>383305008
The story is only forgettable if you're too retarded to follow it, and Vaan is not the main character. It's an ensemble cast just like 6.
>>
>>383305132
Vaan not being the protagonist doesn't really matter when you still play as him for the entire game, which is retarded. And you're kidding yourself if you think the story is deep. It's boring as shit.
>>
>>383305265
you didn't understand it
>>
>>383305434
>t-too deep for you!

No, I said it was boring, not hard to understand.
>>
>>383305552
explain the plot then
if you don't do it fast enough i'll know you googled it
>>
Hey everybody, even you you stupid fuck; I'm here to tell you which of the games in this god forsaken franchise are good, and which fall a little short of the mark in a way you could probably relate to in bed. I've played all of these and and know them better than anyone else so sit down and listen the hell up:

>Best Tier
Tactics, VIII, XII, IX

>Good Tier
VI, VII, V

>Okay Tier
X, I, XIII

>Bad/Outdated tier
II, III, IV (Suck my dick)

>Florence and the Machine Tier
XV

There you have it. Play whichever one you like, feel comfortable knowing all in all the entire franchise is pretty entry level and plebean so it's not even worth arguing over. IV was the worst one of them all and only Trump voters will tell you otherwise. You're better off playing a big boy gamu like literally anything else.
>>
>>383306005

I fuckin hate dudes who just put a side game like tactics in their FF tierlist but not any other FF. Wheres FF10-2? Crisis core? I know ivalice is good but jesus christ my man
>>
12 is shit.
9 is best.
Even the man agrees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKBz1KsQY1Y
>>
Call me when there's a PC release
>>
>>383307059
>too retarded to pirate
>>
>>383307059
I will but until then can you stay out of my thread? Thanks.
>>
>>383307136
Why do you think I want a PC release, and yes I have the old international one.
>>
File: 1499308117465.jpg (38KB, 274x286px) Image search: [Google]
1499308117465.jpg
38KB, 274x286px
>>383307059
>he didn't emulate the translated PS2 version yet
>>
>>383307559
I did you fool I just want to try the new 2 class system
>>
>>383301653
the best final fantasy for gameplay
>>
>>383305036
so they have both skills sets active instead of switching between them?
>>
>>383308085
You switch between them but all the unlocked skills and passive are actually effective all the time
>>
>>383301653
>>383301653
>20hrs in I got burned out and it just stopped

I liked the world and story but I felt like I fell into an effective however repetitive gameplay loop that I just couldn't keep grinding through to keep going, this seems to happen with all FF games I try, I can never bring myself to finish them.
>>
>>383304243
You don't need to worry about opening the wrong chest at the very least.
>>
>>383302423
XII really feels like you're exploring the world and going on an adventure. There are a few parts in the story where you're given a task and specific destination and you have to cross through lots of different unique environments to get there.
>>
>>383305858
spirit ghosts exist
one spirit ghost doesn't agree with the others
other spirit ghosts want you to kill him
kill other spirit ghosts and then kill that spirit ghost too
>>
>>383301653
Well this game comes out in a couple days right?

I can only speak on the vanilla USA PS2 release. That game was fantastic imo. Top tier must play in my eyes. Although I seen many on /v/ say it basically plays like an offline MMORPG. I don't play MMORPG so I can't say if it does. The gambits are also one of the best ideas implemented in any game I've seen. Yet many on here think it was shit and that the game plays itself.

So I'd say you might get some polarizing opinions here. With many thinking it is fantastic (such as me) and others thinking it was bad. I'm just going to go on record here and say I fucking wish more games were like this OP. Also TZA is going to play much faster than vanilla thanks to the speed up button they have so grinding is going to be much better.

Ignore the haters and just buy it. It is much more of an RPG than many modern games that claim to be.
>>
>>383303230
>Actually getting upset at someone for saying "gay"
Get some help, homophile...
>>
>>383307059
I'm afraid it won't be so soon, aka, the next 3-5 years.

All trailers and demos were branded with the sony/ps4 logo, ONLY. And we can also estimate by looking at how well FF15 on PC is doing.
>>
>>383310664
So the only thing you retain from the plot was the occuria ..... jesus fucking christ that's one shitty "summary" if I ever saw one
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.