[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why isn't this more popular? >can kill almost every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: elderscrollsonline.jpg (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
elderscrollsonline.jpg
90KB, 1920x1080px
why isn't this more popular?

>can kill almost every npc
>can steal from houses and npcs - bounty system in place
>every npc and every quest is voice acted
>large scale pvp
>battlegrounds
>dark brotherhood, thieves's guild, mage's guild and fighter's guild - all with their own long quest chains
>challenging content for solo, 5man and raid
>gigantic world with dungeons, caves, houses that you can enter and explore
>>
Played for about a year when it first came out. Every time it's mentioned on here it gets brushed off instantly. I think the game being bad is too much of a meme for both mmo fans and Elder Scrolls fans to overcome for it to shine.
>>
>kill any NPC
>they just respawn because it's an MMO
>can steal from houses and NPCs
>it's literal worthless junk barely valued because instead of actual items it has to be fair and balanced because it's an MMO
>every NPC and quest is voice acted
>there are like 4 voice actors for the whole fucking game and you can't go 5 minutes without another Steve Blum voiced character sounding exactly the same

Also the combat is bland as shit
>>
The fanbase, OP. Elder scrolls fans are either really old and really angry jerks, or normie tier trash. Normies don't buy PCs to play games, where the MMO genre mainly exists. Also if there is a subscription normies won't buy it. Only season passes and microtransactions work on them.
>>
It was popular when it first came out but I guess it was just bad timing. It came out the same summer as MGSV and Witcher 3, along with Destiny's 2nd full game which probably had way more appeal to consoles.

It's a shame, the game is fun
>>
Heard it was super easy. Never bothered to play.
>>
Fucking boring.

The cool skill build system is very easily whittled down to cookie cutter builds due to most of the abilities being useless, and the item set bonuses are out of fucking control.

Also the endgame aside from the pvp leaves a LOT to be desired. On top of that, they some how managed to make the overall game dull feeling, and the combat is garbage.
>>
>>383288519

IT IS UNYIELDING IN IT'S ABILITY TO BORE MY COCK SOFT
>>
>>383288519
pseudo action combat system is a bad mixture of mmo target tabbing and skyrim
level scaling makes progression feel literally non existent
also its performance is really questionable for how it looks
>>
File: 1494599426313.webm (1MB, 968x666px) Image search: [Google]
1494599426313.webm
1MB, 968x666px
>>383288519
no titty monsters
>>
>>383288519
boring as fuck. combat in BDO is more fun.
not that BDO is a great game, just better. MMOs kind of suck donkeyballs, OP. the sooner you notice, the sooner you're free from the treadmill
>>
>>383288519
Because it's shit
>>
I tried.
The combat makes it feel like you're always attacking enemies with a sponge.
Everything is fucking small compared to the game spanning Tamriel.
Cities are incredibly small for an MMO.
>>
>>383288519
TES fans wanted an MMORPG, not an MMO.

I agree that it's nowhere near as bad as people think (or remember), but it's hardly what people wanted, either.
>>
>>383288519
Combat is boring, first person view is stupid, takes forever to get to a battle in pvp, dungeons are dull, the world has no life, really generic quests, crafting shit takes forever, phasing ruins everything and microtransactions.
>>
>>383288519
Absolutely nothing to do. No good quests, shit exploration, shit half assed environments. Press space bar and you can't move in the air. Crafting system sucks. There is nothing good about this game
>>
>>383288519
Its fucking boring as fuck
quest have no depth
its literally "HELP MY BROTHERS LOST GO FIND HIM"
then that NPC proceeds to put a marker on your map to his exact location
also theres literally like 100 burning villages to save
>>
>>383294195
TES fan didn't want a MMORPG.
Skyrim fans did.
>>
>>383293784
And bdo costs one third of the price.
>>
>>383294195
thats the problem, no one wanted that game. Everyone knew that TES and MMO are fundamentaly incompatible, even normies.

The game doesnt offer anything other MMOs have. It tried to play safe in order to get the widest range of audience, which in the end made the game a boring featureless mess that pleased no one.
>>
Was going to get it with a friend on PS4, but I saw there was a sub fee or something. Fuck that, Id have been in if it was a one time purchase.
>>
>>383288519
>can steal from houses and NPCs

Sounds like a terrible idea. You either make the value of stolen loot really good which trivializes the acquisition of loot and gold, or you make the value close to worthless which makes stealing pointless. Not to mention the immersion-breaking realization that everyone is stealing from people's houses.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.