[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Watch gameplay of Super Metroid on Youtube >Encourages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: zamas.jpg (119KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
zamas.jpg
119KB, 640x480px
>Watch gameplay of Super Metroid on Youtube
>Encourages desire to play it physical
>Goes to eBay
>$50
>Download ROM instead.

im the only poor faggot to whom happens this shit?
>>
>>383280284
Welcome to the world of physical retro games.
>>
>>383280284
nah not at all, that's the way i played it first, soon i'll have the snes mini tho, looking forward to playing through it with a proper snes controller
>>
>>383281495
You could still buy an actual SNES controller and an adapter.
Or a buffalo or 8-bitdo one. Those are pretty good
>>
>>383282020
true
>>
>>383280284
Nah carts have gotten unbearably expensive. Speedrunners, collectors and the like have really gouged the prices.

You also have to consider that older games have essentially infinite shelf life so they can be sold at a higher price. The seller is more willing to wait for fucking ever to sell it since there is no rush to be had.

But yeah emulation of old nintendo games is ok. Nintendo gouges those prices too. Super Metroid is over 20 fucking years old and yet chinks and nintenbros think that since they have nostalgia for them that they are worth more.
>>
If you really want to spend money on the game, buy it on Virtual Console
>>
>$50 is too much
>When contemporary games go for more than that

God damn get a job or something
>>
yes. in this world of 7 billion people, you are the only one.
>>
File: 1491941880901.jpg (31KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1491941880901.jpg
31KB, 400x533px
Yeah, fuck that shit.

>Softmod Wii
>Install SNES9xGX and FCEUGX
>Get classic controller plus
>Tons of ROMs
>Hook up to old CRT TV I bought from Goodwill

And there. Much better option. One or two SNES games have slowdown in one or two spots, but it's perfect besides. I gotta live with it if I have this little money, but I'm satisfied.
>>
File: Put an end to me.jpg (60KB, 633x354px) Image search: [Google]
Put an end to me.jpg
60KB, 633x354px
>>383280284
>Christmas
>Mom asks if there's anything I'd want her to get me
>Ask her for a Wii U
>she gets me some obscure portable device that you put SNES games into
>it includes Final Fantasy VI as III
>"you can even buy an extension so that you can play Sega Genesis games on it!"
>she's completely excited to see my reaction
>I have to explain to her that I can already emulate on my phone and laptop, and I was infact playing Final Fantasy VI just a few months before
>also tell her that I'm not interested in collecting old physical copies of games
>moralfag kiss-ass brother who doesn't like emulation cuts in with "maybe you could start?"
>bring up that each cartridge could be like $90 each
>gets awkward, Mom spent $200 on Amazon for it, refunds it, but it will only let me spend it on Amazon
>The cheapest Wii U on the site is just out of reach
>spend the rest of December playing and finishing Final Fantasy VI on my computer out of guilt
>try bringing it up to her how fucking amazing it is
>she doesn't actually care about video games anymore and barely even remembers the game
The worst thing that divides a parent and their child is the rapid succession of new generations that have been so this past century. I could care less if you're liberal as fuck, I don't want ANYBODY to be talking shit about millennials unless they ARE one.
>>
>>383280284
I got it with the manual for $14
in 1998
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.