[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY IS THIS GAME SO FREAKING HARD, MY BROTHER TOLD ME TO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: 21617-stalker-clear-sky-1920x108.jpg (425KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
21617-stalker-clear-sky-1920x108.jpg
425KB, 1920x1080px
WHY IS THIS GAME SO FREAKING HARD, MY BROTHER TOLD ME TO PLAY ON MASTER REEEE
>>
>>383276478
The enemy goes down just as fast as you do.

Just be patient and let them come to you.
>>
>>383276478
If you dont play on master is even harder dumbass.
>>
>>383276478
Hide behind a tree and pop their heads while they walk towards you in a straight line.
>>
>>383276952
It sure doesn't feel that way, and headshotting is hard as balls. Bulletspread is annoying
>>
Also, pistols are weak af
>>
>>383276478
>hide behind any structure (i.e. Tree, Wreckage, etc)
>lean left or right to see the enemy
>shoot heads as the AI just squats and looks at you while firing
>rinse and repeat

Very easy combat. Heads=instakills besides maybe those monsters, but 2 shots from a shotgun should do it.
>>
>>383276478
don't play on anything but master, the lower the difficulty the less damage guns do for you and the npcs
the early hobo stage of the game is the hardest
>>
>>383276952
>The enemy goes down just as fast as you do.
That is a lie. Most enemies have by default considerably more health than you do on Master. You can still usually down them by 2-3 shots mid-game-and-on weapons (if the RNG gods are on your side you might manage a one-hit kill with a late game medium ranged or a sniper gun), but they can easily kill you with a single AK shot, even in exoskeleton in SoC and CoC.
That is not speaking of the RIDDICULOUS damage resistance enemies get anywhere but the head which the player does not have a luxury of having.

>>383276478
>>383277204
There are several rules you should know about.
First of all:
enemies take nearly zero damage from being hit anywhere but head. If you can't hit the head, you might as well not fucking bother. Seriously, most enemies can easily soak up 10-20 bullets to the chest from most automatic weapons.

Second:
if you manage to hit with a burst of hits or several hits very shortly after each other, only the first one will count as full damage. After the first hit, enemies ignore more than half of the damage of next incoming hits for almost a second. I'm pretty sure that unlike the extreme body resistance, this DOES apply to the player too, but enemies rarely burst-fire.
So switch to single shot and don't bother with rapid fire.

Third:
Your weapon status has a major effect on your ability to hit. Once a gun goes bellow 70% quality, it mans that your accuracy is down another 30% compared to the base. Since virtually all weapons in the first half of SoC are insanely bad to begin with, you can do the math and understand why it's a problem. Always use guns bought, not stolen, and replace them with newer versions as soon as their quality drops.

Fourth: ALL WEAPONS UP TILL SG/LR/Grozda are trash. There is no way around it. They just suck. Exception is only Strelok's rifle in SoC.

>>383277835
This is a bold-faced lie too. What the fuck is with Stalker and misconceptions about difficulty?
>>
File: The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg (636KB, 986x897px) Image search: [Google]
The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg
636KB, 986x897px
>>383276478
>tfw seen many "but STALKER ain't even hard! WTF are you smoking?" posts in the past few months
Then people like OP happens, and here we go again.

Some protips:

-To hit things better, do the Low-crouch, and aim with the sights. Get to higher ground.
-Use the Single-shot or Burst firing modes on Automatic rifles.
-Aim in "advance" if the target's moving, and slightly higher if they're really far away.
-Go for the head for instant / quicker kills. At distance, aim to center mass.
-Pistols and 00-buckshot have very short reach and weak armor penetration. Latter does wonders against exposed flesh though.
-Get a full-length AK, pop a scope on top, and load up AP-Rounds into it. Vola - you're the fucking god of the Zone!
-Don't hoard shit after the first mission! Choose what to carry, and try to sell useless / expensive shit ASAP.

tl;dr: Don't rambo and play it like some CoD. Mind the bullet physics & RPG-lite progression.
>>
If you're a newcomer to the series, Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
>>
>>383278181

>What the fuck is with Stalker and misconceptions about difficulty?

nobody in this dump is hardcore enough to actually play the game, they just saw le epic infographics on reddit
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1MB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1MB, 1536x1250px
>>383278315
welp, somehow captcha ate my pic... HERE is the Stalker guide!
>>
why do people force themselves to like this game
>>
>>383278362
I guess so. The whole "enemies die as fast as player", "headshot is a guaranteed kill at every point and every difficulty", "lower difficult means lower damage done by player" and "lower difficulty means lower accuracy to all weapons" memes are really terrifyingly deeply rooted, but anyone who actually fucking PLAYED the damn games should immediately laugh at how stupid and false they are.
>>
File: aaas.jpg (12KB, 326x441px) Image search: [Google]
aaas.jpg
12KB, 326x441px
>>383278181
hi Yahtzee
>>
>>383278553
How old is this fucking guide? I mean I'm all for people sharing guides and starting tips, but the modding recommendations for this are almost entirely irrelevant today. AMK? OGLS? Priboy story? But no fucking CoC? No fucking Lost Alpha (whenever you like it or not is irrelvant)?

This is some really, really outdated shit. Half of the mods haven't been supported for five years now and barely work...
>>
>>383278757
Why?
>>
File: 1472134248134.jpg (53KB, 604x520px) Image search: [Google]
1472134248134.jpg
53KB, 604x520px
>>383278935
there is a date on it.
And both CoC & LA are pretty much standalone, and not something you should play as a beginner.

Finally, it's not a "mod guide", but a literal rookie guide. Meant for people too dumb to read manuals, check the options, etc, when you don't wanna type a wall of text to teach them the basics.
>>
>>383279256
In that case it's very not well done.
A): the set of mods I was refering to is actually listed as "overhaul mods" and marked as "play only once you had finished the game". So I think CoC and LA should go precisely there. Especially CoC. Second of all, for a starter guide it's really confusingly written.

If you really want to make a guide for idiots, then you should just make it easy.
Giant letters saying:
GET STALKER STARTER PACK OF EACH GAME.

OK, I know I'm pointlessly nitpicking. But still. I recently had to face the terror of modding Stalkers, and this guide was extremely unhelpful to me.
Things are actually pretty simple in the Stalker modding community these days.
You want vanilla experience?
Get Starter Pack.
You want more casual experience?
Try Complete.
Want overhaul experience?
If masochist: Get Misery
If graphic/environmental whore: Get LA
If you want pure Stalker fucking around: get CoC.

If you want pure Stalker fucking around and also are a masochist: Get CoC and Call of Misery Addon.
>>
File: stalker mod choosing guide 2.3.png (160KB, 1853x818px) Image search: [Google]
stalker mod choosing guide 2.3.png
160KB, 1853x818px
>>383280174
...so people are getting lazier and more illiterate every other year now? Got it.
There are proper mod chart for the purpose you're looking for.

The rookie guide however is just an info dump on what STALKER is and is not, and how you should play it. You'd be surprised how stupid modern gamers can be. Like just last week, some Anon had played through the whole game without knowing about the Flashlight! Another one did not realize you can TRADE with NPCs.
>>
The background noises frightened me.
>>
>>383280891
>...so people are getting lazier and more illiterate every other year now? Got it.
This weird elitism among Stalker fanbase is starting to get on my tits. This has fuck all to do with people being illiterate, and everything with the fact that half of these mods are broken or unsuported, and most of them absolutely refuse to work with each other, meaning that they are worthless, because it's not worth starting a new game to try every one of them.
That is why fucking CoC has been such a god-damn god-sent, because it managed to force people to integrate their damn mods again.
>>
>>383281394
No, you're just spewing out pure laziness of all new level at this point. It's a well known fact that you should NOT mix several overhaul mods because they will fuck up some gameplay logic in the end, and that's fine.

CoC is boring ass sandbox mod that ruins the whole appeal of Stalker games, turning it into yet another aimless "survival shooter".
>>
>>383278606
You're full of shit, I've beaten all 3 games and replayed them with mods like ZoA and CoC and enemies DO go down just as fast as you do, and lower difficulty doesn't just lower the accuracy of weapons, it literally removes a portion of the bullets that fire from your gun. Don't misinform people because you're shit at a video game that isn't even that difficult.
>>
File: 1266929132445.gif (276KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1266929132445.gif
276KB, 500x378px
>>383278935
>AMK
>irrelevant
m8 u srs?
>>
>>383282121
>>383282142
What the fuck is wrong with all of you people? Seriously?

Lets break it down:
>>383282121
>No, you're just spewing out pure laziness of all new level at this point.
Is not wanting to replay a game over and over to see marginal alteration that each mod implements (while having to suffer a whole bunch of serious issues that it fails to solve because some other mod did that but the two aren't compatible) laziness? I call that "not being insane". The games are good but not that damn good.

>It's a well known fact that you should NOT mix several overhaul mods
This would be fine if those overhauls were each worth it. They mostly really, really aren't. And overhauls make for about 5% of that mod list.

>CoC is boring ass sandbox mod that ruins the whole appeal of Stalker games
I get that you are angry and really need to be contrarian just because you are insecure, but fuck off. Is this a joke?
What is the "whole appeal" of Stalker games according to you? The fucking AWFUL story? I always thought it was the environments, exploration and solid gunplay, which CoC does really rather well. And Stalker IS a survival shooter - did you forget that?

>>383282142
>DO go down just as fast as you do, and lower difficulty doesn't just lower the accuracy of weapons, it literally removes a portion of the bullets that fire from your gun.
You are lying. And that is fucking terrifying. Does anyone have the link to the page that makes a complete breakdown of the difficulty and it's relationship to damage and accuracy that proves all of this wrong? I forgot to save it in the last thread.
>>
>>383283416
>does anyone have a link to the page
So you're just spewing some chart you saw someone post.

Fortunately, this is very testable. Boot up SoC, set it to the easiest difficulty, stand right up to someone, and shoot them in the head. Repeat several times for a decent sample size, and you'll realize that yes, some bullets do just fucking disappear into thin air. I've tested it myself out of curiosity, and you're full of shit.
>>
>>383284564
>So you're just spewing some chart you saw someone post.
I just finished playing the damn vanilla games, so no. I actually played it. Did exactly what you are talking about. It's a lie. Very simple, objective, testable lie.
The charts are actually direct transcriptions of values in the game, giving it just further undeniable, objective true verification. You are lying and that is completely fucking sad.
>>
the game is hard if you try to rambo it because the enemies can get you very easily

just maintain the distance and take potshots at their heads, get some cover you'll be fine
>>
>>383276478
One could even say...

that it's....

the.....

Dark Souls of first-person shooters.
>>
>>383285545
death is the end in stalker though
>>
>>383285376
There's honestly a chance there was an update that fixed it. I'd like to go and re-test, but I haven't had the base game installed in something like 9 years, so I'll take your word on it that it doesn't function that way any more.
>>
>>383286171
>There's honestly a chance there was an update that fixed it.
Unless we are talking about an update that came out maybe eight, seven years ago, then no. The damage never worked like this.
>>
>>383278181
>I'm a pleb the post.
>>
>>383276478
>stalker
>hard

literally quick save scum the game
>>
>>383286861
See >>383281394
I love the STALKER games and I've seen plenty of fine people among it's fanbase, but there is this weird party that is just insufferable army of cunts, openly lying about the game while simulatenously desperately clinging to ways to make themselves look superior.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.