[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give it to me straight /v/ros, PC is never getting a port of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

File: Mcc.jpg (95KB, 1039x584px) Image search: [Google]
Mcc.jpg
95KB, 1039x584px
Give it to me straight /v/ros, PC is never getting a port of this is it?

> Spencer hinted that PC would get Gears 5
> It didn't

> Said he wanted to put xbox emulator on the PC
> He won't

Should I just buy a cheap Xbone? I'd only be buying it for less than 5 games(no multiplats) and BC titles
>>
>>383264354
>Gears 5
nigger what are you even talking about?
>>
>>383265320

Obviously I meant 4.
>>
Gears 4 is on pc dumbass
>>
File: Untitled.png (722KB, 1202x643px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
722KB, 1202x643px
>>383265392
????
>>
File: 1498995166955.jpg (84KB, 312x321px) Image search: [Google]
1498995166955.jpg
84KB, 312x321px
>>383264354
It will sooner or later, once Microsoft realizes they can't milk the series anymore or that console gaming is a dying breed.

I'll only start playing this series consistently again if it gets ported to PC. Besides that, I'll never buy an Xbone. Microsoft and 343 can fuck off with that scam.
>>
>>383265503
But to answer your question, no.

I don’t see MCC getting a port. Phil basically said that H6 will be on pc the other day, but with MCC they seem to have abandoned it.
>>
>>383265392
it DID get gears 4
>>
You're better off waiting for these guys to finish up Halo 1 if you just want to play Halo 1. They put in infinitely more effort on that game than 343.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXID-NFobCA

>>383265757
This.
>>
>>383265565
>>383265503
>>383265901

Well shit, I had no idea.

All I really want is still MCC though.
>>
>>383266036
Why? It's still a mess.
>>
>>383265985
Not gonna lie, that looks really over done. Like, they're putting way too much into a single area.

Can respect the fact that they're "remaking" the game but I'll probably never play that. Just wouldn't be Halo for me.
>>
>>383266217

Because I was always more of a campaign guy, and Halo has some of the best FPS campaigns ever.

Playing them with better graphics and 60fps would be wonderful.
>>
File: mynigga.gif (486KB, 475x317px) Image search: [Google]
mynigga.gif
486KB, 475x317px
>>383266470
>Because I was always more of a campaign guy
>>
>>383266273
>that looks really over done
It has to be to compensate for the improved gunplay and additional weapons. Throwing these gameplay additions into vanilla Halo 1 would make highlight how barren the areas in Halo 1 actually are.
>>
>>383266470
>and Halo has some of the best FPS campaigns ever.
"No." The atmosphere is top notch for sure, but fuck no man. Copy/paste level design does not one of the best FPs campaigns ever make.
>>
>>383266551
Halo's landscapes are supposed to be barren though, it gives you a sense of loneliness. The ring hasn't been inhabited by sentient life forms for over a thousand years, of course it's going to be empty. Using a story to tell your fancy new mechanics/gun play really isn't for me.
>>
>>383266720
>Halo's landscapes are supposed to be barren though
I never got that impression. I'm doing a legendary run now actually, and the abundance of trees, the waterfall in "Flawless Cowboy," none of this screams it's supposed to be barren. Devoid of life, sure. But not barren. But otherwise I understand your point of view. I simply value more fidelity of gameplay than keeping up artistry.
>>
I JUST WANT TO FUCKING MOD AND PLAY CUSTOMS IS THAT TOO MUCH TO FUCKING ASK FOR FUCK
>>
>>383264354
The wont even fix the fucking original release
>>
File: Akchtually.jpg (15KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
Akchtually.jpg
15KB, 350x262px
>>383266952
But you can already do that.
>>
File: 1499499712185.gif (2MB, 228x170px) Image search: [Google]
1499499712185.gif
2MB, 228x170px
>>383266925
It's probably a mixture of what I said and also nostalgia if that makes more sense. I just never had a problem with the level design & combat for CE, so changing it so drastically just seems off to me when compared to the entire experience Halo brings. If you value game play more though that's completely fine, I'm just a narrative fag that loves muh campaign.
>>
>>383266629

Yes it does. The story was good, the gameplay was good, the enemy variety and AI was good. Fun vehicle segments, fun and diverse weapons, large spacious levels with very few tight corridor crawls.

Halo 1 was the only game that had egregious backtracking, and Halo in general is one of the few sci-fi FPS franchises that actually managed to capture the scope of the war it was portraying
>>
>>383266629
What fps games do you like enlightened anon
>>
>>383264354
Halo 3 PC is the only port I really want. Why won't they just do it? They know it'll sell buckets.
>>
>>383266952
Where were you in 2004?
>>
>>383267116
>I just never had a problem with the level design & combat for CE
>Truth And Reconciliation, The Flood, and Assault On The Control Room have copy/pasted rooms out the ass, and the first and third ones of this list are played twice
Pick one.

>>383267305
>The story was good
Yes.
>the gameplay was good
It's serviceable. On legendary many weapon combos become useless, and you are limited to a very narrow style of play to avoid death.
> the enemy variety and AI was good
Indeed.
> Fun vehicle segments,
For sure.
>fun and diverse weapons
Went over this.
> large spacious levels with very few tight corridor crawls.
The large outdoor maps are the shit. The copy/pasted sections of The Flood, Assault On The Control Room, Truth And Reconciliation, are mind numbing.

>>383267489
Halo 2 (which is so much better than Half-Life 2 it's ridiculous)
Half-Life 2
Quake
Unreal Gold
Half-Life 1
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Doom 1, 2, 3
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy
Crysis

There are others but I haven't slept yet. And I like Halo 1 a lot. I have the PC sleeve and CD somewhere around here. But I'm not gonna pretend moving through the same area multiple times is engaging.
>>
File: hdOZyhf.jpg (239KB, 1024x1600px) Image search: [Google]
hdOZyhf.jpg
239KB, 1024x1600px
>>383268241
Just because you didn't have fun with the game's level design doesn't mean it applies to everyone who's ever played it. The stop liking what I don't like meme shouldn't be actually utilized in intelligent discussion, Anon.
>>
File: Halo.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Halo.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
>>383268525
I'm not telling you to stop liking what I don't like. It's not even that I don't like it, it's simply not conducive to interesting gameplay. That I don't like it is a result of that fact. But you're more than welcome to tell me why it's fun instead of taking a potshot at me.
>>
>>383268241

AotCR was great, loved the friendly AI, variety of vehicles and powerful weapons available to you on that level, as well as how open and lengthy it was.

Two Betrayals version was probably the weakest in CE, but I really enjoyed Keyes because I've always had a thing for AIwars and watching the flood and covenant go at on a wrecked ship was cool and thematic.
>>
>>383268702
>I never had a problem with the level design & combat for CE
>It has what I believe are objective problems with it's gameplay therefore what you are saying isn't true

I am not allowed to have my own personal enjoyment of these levels because you believe they're "objectively" bad? I think the narrative goes hand in hand with the game's level design and people tend to overlook that when they judge it. I never said it was perfect, did I? It's a relatively old game and the developers themselves said they hated the fact that they had to make basically half of the game a loop around, but I still don't mind it because it ties in with the narrative nicely and that's a large part for me so in turn it eclipses the game's at times questionable level design.

>But you're more than welcome to tell me why it's fun instead of taking a potshot at me.
You can't just accept that I enjoy the game for what it is? If you don't like it that's your thing, it's something that appeals to me and my tastes. You saying it's factually bad doesn't change anything to me nor will it ever even if I recognize the flaws which I am already aware of.

>That picture
Quality high resolution Halo images are so hard to come by these days.
>>
>>383269390
>You can't just accept that I enjoy the game for what it is?
I just like discussing the ins and outs of games, man. Good and bad. I been playing them since I was a kid. Though I must say I'm more surprised you're not singing the praises of Halo 2. Now that game's narrative is the shit.
>>
>>383269943
Sorry, I mistook your tone to be aggressive so I responded in a similar fashion. That's my bad.

Halo 2 was my first Halo game, love it. Though playing it back now on PC the first Arbiter level is pretty slow going, even with the narrative push. Still, it's a great sequel to it's predecessor. Plus, the amount of freedom they give you when it comes to glitching out of levels was about 25% of the fun I had with that game in co-op.

My biggest issue with 2 is Miranda Keyes, that felt like Bungie's way of saying "We shouldn't have killed Keyes off, we know that. Take his out of thin air daughter that's practically the same as him."
>>
Just get an Xbox One S used locally OP

Get year sub on G2A for $40

Halo 1,2,3 for 360 are backwards compatible now so you can play with people who still play on Xbox 360 and such
>>
>>383270546
You ever watched the Halo 2 commentary with Marty, the head of Bungie, and the lead on Halo 1 and 2? It's on youtube, and Miranda Keyes had her mission where she got her character development cut. Remember the Covenant Capital Ship the Master Chief blows up at the end of the first level? The second level was supposed to be inside that ship, with Miranda Keyes playing a BIG role in combat, and narrative. She gives the Chief a bomb which would blow up the ship. But it was cut unfortunately, leaving us with the unfinished game Halo 2 is.
>>
>>383271447
No, but I've seen it around a few times. Hard for me to sit down and listen to that kind of stuff due to the length of it. A whole level dedicated to being inside of a Covenant Capital Ship? That sounds like it'd be one of hell of a level, especially getting to hear insight on the Naval com. in mid combat is always a treat to hear. It's a shame that got cut, would have made her a bit more unique. Though I can tell that some of that leaked into 3 with her boldness going up a few notches.
>>
>>383268241
>On legendary many weapon combos become useless, and you are limited to a very narrow style of play to avoid death.
you can clear any halo game using a pistol, provided you have the ammo for it. sure, theres a "meta" of using the plasma pistol and a weapon with good headshot damage, but i wouldnt say that any one weapon is inherently useless on legendary . if you can think of a weapon that truly is useless, please tell me because i really cannot think of one except for the Needler, but i have always hated that weapon
>>
>10 years later PCfags are STILL crying about Halo 3

Fuck off, already. Go play those "millions" of other exclusives you always talk about.
>>
>>383267726
>sell buckets
>implying it will sell over 100,000 units
>>
>>383274936
Combining umbrellas with oranges gets old after awhile
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.