[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are other people as hyped for this as I am? i never played the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

are other people as hyped for this as I am?

i never played the ps2 version though

i've been watching youtube videos of gameplay though, is combat turn based or arpg like?
>>
It's like atb except characters move around and you don't have to constantly hit attack.
>>
>>383258971
fugg that cover looks nice, might have to buy the steelbook for once
>>
Fuck yes. Can't wait to take on the Judges, who are said to be the hardest superbosses, in trial mode.
>>
File: oEeVcQr.jpg (991KB, 4250x2390px) Image search: [Google]
oEeVcQr.jpg
991KB, 4250x2390px
>>383259184
look at this
>>
>>383259297
Kinda preferred the original PS2 steelcase with Gabranth
>>
>>383258971
Not Really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTtF2a3h0-A
>>
File: 1391614082496.gif (3MB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
1391614082496.gif
3MB, 200x180px
>>383258971
I played the PS2 version, IZJS version and I'm still extremely hype. It's one of my favorite FF games despite all it's flaws.
>>
>>383258971
Shit game that plays itself
>>
>>383258971
Yup am playing it right now the OST is godlike as ever
>>
>>383258971
Just got it, excited to start when I wake up.
Steelcase is super nice, looks great and has a nice weight.

Some nice tidbit, they removed spell queueing, so you can have multiple casters in your main team now without having to wait to cast.
>>
2006: This is the worst Final Fantasy EVER!

2017: This is the best Final Fantasy!
>>
>>383260161
Said nobody ever.
The only people who bitched about XII were toriyamafags and idiots who didn't understand the plot.
>>
File: 1486337438445.gif (1014KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1486337438445.gif
1014KB, 500x281px
>>383258971
I am, I didn't play much of the original, but I'm excited to play around with these classes.
>>
>>383259534
I really wish I could find the source on this.
>>
I'm looking forward to playing it when the price gets low enough but not really hyped, I mean, it's an old game.
>>
>>383259297
I always appreciated that Penelo's designer understood that inner-thigh is the best part of the female body.
>>
>>383259297
The fuck is up with Vaan's face. I like it but I'd like a Judge version better.
>>
>>383260661
Hes Michale Jackson
>>
>>383260307
>toriyamafags
I think it was more Square Enix having ties to the Triad and fucking Matusno over for their corporate bullshit.
Daily reminder you fags are buying products from the worst company in the industry, a product Sakaguchi won't even play and you could easily emulate anyway if you weren't retards.
>>
>>383260803
>I think it was more Square Enix having ties to the Triad and fucking Matusno over for their corporate bullshit.
What's that about? I know Matsuno left SE partway through FF12's development for 'reasons', but nothing beyond that.
>>
>>383260803
>you could easily emulate anyway if you weren't retards.
I'm not poor I don't give a shit.
>>
>>383261021
SE is... or was, I guess, infamous for actually conducting polls of Japanese youth on various subjects. One of them was character designs, and unsurprisingly generic anime archetypes topped the list, so the newly formed suits at Square-Enix told Matsuno to add in main characters reflecting their statistics, so they could market to their demographics. All logical stuff, except like you said, the game was in full blown development. The script was already written, and Matsuno's history didn't lend himself to Anime Starter Pack Protagonists, so he basically said 'no', and the rest is (forgotten) history.

The ironic thing is that I'm not even angry about that specifically anymore, but its just blatantly obvious that SE, now moreso than when they were forcing out everybody that made Square what it was, is comprised of bottom of the barrel game designers and money-grubbing suits. If nothing else this piece of shit PS2 port is evidence of that, let alone the tire fire that was FFXV and every mainline FF ironically since XII, which actually seems like a coherent product compared to everything since.

SE ruins everything they touch. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Deus Ex, Hitman. The list will never not be endless as long as SE exists.
>>
>>383261774
It's not about the money leaving your pocket, it's about whose pocket it's going to.
>I don't give a shit
Evidently. Not sure that's something to brag about though.
>>
>>383262229
Ironically Square was probably at it's best in recent times when they were releasing the XIII "trilogy." Sure those games were pretty mediocre but at least they were shitting out games within a reasonable time frame of each other instead of spending ten years crafting a piece of shit.
>>
>>383262381
People make a game and then they get paid for it, wow shocking. If you don't think a game is worth buying then just play something else, not hard.
>>
Been wanting to play it for years since I have a toaster that was never able to really run IZJS. Sadly I have to wait till it comes in on the 17th or so.

If you already got it have fun on my behalf lucky bastards
>>
>>383262381
Look I understand what you are trying to say about how a lot of people at SE are scumbags etc etc but hey, i like this game i like what mastuno did even though it's unfinished/butchered and i want to play it. So what should I do, skip it ? because it's "morally" not okay to give these people money ?
>>
>>383262757
It comes out on the 11th normaly
>>
>>383259297
Did Amano not make any art for XII?

I want to buy a PS4 now. I loved the shit out of this game when it came out and it's one of my favorite FF game.
>>
>>383260504
Look up Dr. Penetration, made in 1986
>>
>>383262948
Yeah I know, I'm getting it like a week late
>>
>>383262869
It's not your ambiguous morality in question, its SE's. If you want to play it, that's fine, I played Mankind Divided and love the shit out of it. Doesn't stop me from hating the fuck out of Square Enix and hoping they go bankrupt.

Also FFXII is just really easily emulated, and this re-release adds nothing of signifance. If it was a remake, that'd be a different story, and even then it would probably be a trainwreck like VIIR. Why give a shitty company and their port lackey company money when you can just pirate it on a toaster? Unless you actually like SE for whatever reason, which again is fine, it's just not my opinion, and the aforementioned is why.
>>
>>383263678
Because the amount of money that the game costs is nothing to me.
>>
Pros:
-nice Steelbook Cover
- Amazing Soundtrack
- need 3-6 Month to beat the Game FULL

Cons:
- Grinding
- Have "Monster Hunter" Graphics
- Only 3 likeable Charachters
- already played it on PS2
>>
>>383263786
>- Grinding
They included a built in speed up for a reason.
>>
File: platy.jpg (60KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
platy.jpg
60KB, 1024x683px
I'm on the fence about buying this. someone post their favourite track in the game?
>>
>>383263786
>3
You mean 5.

Balthier, Fran, Basch, Ashe and Penelo.
>>
>>383263921
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvMVi65XVAQ

It has the best version of the main theme of all FF imo.
>>
>>383263678
>and this re-release adds nothing of signifance
Now you just shitposting
>>
>>383263728
It's not nothing to the publisher.

>>383264195
I wish I was.
>>
>>383264156
Wow this is good. Wish I played the game back in the day. RPGs have changed
>>
>>383264367
Okay poorfag
>>
>>383258971
I played FFXII on ps2 a little while back. While I thought it was good, one of my gripes is that the character designs are a bit bland. Does the job system add individual costumes?

Also, I thought the battle system was too simple. Does IZJS help that at all?
>>
>>383259297
Pennelo looks like a time traveler there
>>
>>383264112
Is it possible to just use Balthier, Fran and then one of the other characters except Vaan for the entire game? Or am I forced to use Vaan since he's the MC? I hate his guts just from the few trailers and gameplaye I've seen and his disgusting design.
>>
>>383263921
Boss theme from this version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CTnqYZIGiA
>>
>>383265104
Nope you're free to use whoever you want you'll just control vaan in the towns
>>
>>383265104
Vaan is the best character in the game in terms of stats though, at least in the original version. He really isn't that offensive, hating a character that much is pretty childish.
>>
>>383264602
IZJS helps by giving you a literal fast forward button so you don't have to watch it as long. The game sucks tbdesu
>>
>>383264602
International system makes things more interesting by having your characters locked into classes you pick for them (I heard you can pick 2 for each character now?), otherwise everything is the same. I remember back when it came out, from images I had seen I also thought the character in-game models reflected what gear you were using and was a bit disappointing when that wasn't the case. Then again, no ff game (barring xiv) does that and barely any jrpg at all.

For this remaster they should have gone all out and made an outfit for each job/character combo. Fuck even a small detail like an armband with the class insignia would be nice.
>>
>>383265208
He looks like a blonde, bare chested Michael Jackson and his english voice is very grating and the performance is not that impressive. He seems like a generic anime MC. Unlike the others and especially Balthier and Fran who seem like fun characters and have great voice performances in both english and japanese.
>>
>>383265104
You can use whomever you want but in towns you always control Vaan.
>>
Is the battle system still braindead, boring autobattle or is there some actual gameplay yet?
>>
>>383265405
Balthier is just a generic pirate character and Fran does nothing but follow Balthier everywhere and be furry-bait.
>>
>>383264367
>I wish I was.
no you are
>>
>>383258971

Yes.
>>
>>383265853
XIII is the one with auto-battle.
>>
>>383264112
+Gabranth, Drace, Venat, Vayne to an extent, Vossler
I'm also replacing 'likeable' with 'compelling'. Likeability is a dumb way to measure character quality.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.