[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the ultimate definition of ''vaporware''?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 462
Thread images: 51

File: star-citizen1.jpg (407KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
star-citizen1.jpg
407KB, 1920x1080px
Is this the ultimate definition of ''vaporware''?

Im honestly surprised it's managed to make so much money yet nothing to show for it
>>
Hope and expectations do strange things to people.
>>
File: 1497868446047.jpg (49KB, 626x750px) Image search: [Google]
1497868446047.jpg
49KB, 626x750px
>tfw Chris scammed me out of $50
>>
Stop posting these threads shitposter
>>
>>383255937
You must have been confused for someone else

I am merely here to discuss the game itself
>>
I've been out of the loop for a while, anything significant happen in the past 6 months? Or is it the same old?
>>
Nothing to show?
really?

The development is slow as fuck but it's a playable game, it's missing the mmo part thou, so it's still a long way off.
>>
>>383255736
>vaporware

jsut wait until 3.0 is out. you'll be buying in then, and wish you'd jumped on the train before ship prices went up
>>
>>383255937
Shut up Chris
>>
>>383255872
get a refund
>>
Biggest scam in the history of gaming

wont be long before they retreat to their secret tropical island bought with the moneys of the fools dumb enough to fall for the scam
>>
>>383255736
What are the actual obligations for releasing?
>>
File: 4L_WdrRMfix.png (117KB, 238x351px) Image search: [Google]
4L_WdrRMfix.png
117KB, 238x351px
>>383256341
>>
>>383255736
why would they hire over 400 people if they just want your money? wouldn't it make sense to not hire any people so they have more money for themselfes?
>>
>>383256270
>it's a playable game

sure, if you ignore that there's five minutes of content, none of the promised features, 15 FPS on a supercomputer that drops to 7 if more than two people are in an instance, and the fact that you can jitter through any "solid" surface in the game at any time because it fully trusts the client

to name just a few flaws
>>
>>383255736
No, if it was a vaporware they would've had the intention of actually developing the game, this is a pure scam.
>>
>>383256678
They're firing people and closing studios since a year and half ago
>>
>>383256891
No, they are still hiring people and haven't closed any of the 4 studios.
>>
>>383257125
Master of lies
>>
>>383256024
>I am merely here to discuss the game
Stop posting these threads shitposter.
>>
>>383257341
t. Derek Smart
>>
>>383255736
>game in alpha
>final game
Wow it's still shit who would have guessed.
>>
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement.
>>
>>383255736
It transcends "vaporeware" and goes straight into "scamware". Seriously, this is going to go down as the biggest video game scam of all time.
>>
>>383257453
Anon please

Why even lying, we got a lot of fired developers talking shit about the development and its management
They already got a home, cars and luxury vacations with your money
>>
>/v/ doesn't understand what a ponzi scheme is
Fucking children.
>>
Are you niggers not watching the weekly ATV's?

So much Derek Smart bullshit in this thread.

They are blatantly making huge progress and it's looking better and better every week.

Yes it's taking forever and is well and truly beyond what the original concept was but it's scaled to meet the funding. More money more game. All that has been gone over a million times anyway.

It's wildly ambitious but Roberts has the vision and they have 4 studio's with tons of talent (including from Crytek) that are working on this.

Even if you are a total skeptic it won't be long until 3.0 where we will be able to play a far larger slice and get to see ourselves how it's working.

I mean you can watch and see exactly what they are doing. SC has the most open development of any game EVER. Period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbEKn6gN4Qk
>>
>>383259136
>procedural moons
>>
>>383260331
if you would have watched the video you would have known that it is nothing like nu-males sky
>>
>>383260331
I don't see anything wrong with proceduraly generated moons desu. They're all similarly looking barren wastelands irl anyway.
>>
>>383259136
>this level of delusion

You'll learn a huge life lesson after this
>>
>>383260701
because no mans sky actually got released :^^^^^^^^^^^^)
>>
>>383260940
not that hard to release a game without content desu senpai
>>
>>383261037
Even easier, only working on a number of shiny tech demos to show on the next conference (to boost donations) without actually delivering or even working on the original stretch goals
>>
>>383261037
SC has no content and it's still unreleased.
>>
>175 million dollars of crowdfunding
>Already the most expensive game ever developed
>Not even a third of the way done development
>Years late
>Probably 300 million dollars wasted by the time we even hit beta

I'd sincerely rather axe this game than waste that money.
>>
Now this might sound like bait, but what precisely can you do in SC at the moment? What content is there, that's actually playable, stable and has been rolled out to the backers?

I've not been keeping tabs on SC's development and I'd genuinely like to know where the game stands at the moment.
>>
>>383259136
Holy fuck im gonna throw money at this guy because he actually looks like he actually likes to make games i don't care for SC but this dev will be supported by my glorious wallet.
>>
File: 1306220194961.jpg (20KB, 232x231px) Image search: [Google]
1306220194961.jpg
20KB, 232x231px
>mfw golden ticket and haven't spent a single dime on this "game" yet
>>
File: Reclaimer_Image002.jpg (470KB, 1932x933px) Image search: [Google]
Reclaimer_Image002.jpg
470KB, 1932x933px
>>383260907
I'm 33 and haven't invested a single red cent in Star Citizen but am looking forward to buying the base game for 45 bucks (and no more) when 3.0 drops. I'm not going to be learning any huge life lessons based on the development of Star Citizen, kid.

People calling it vaporware are the delusional ones. Development is totally open. We know exactly what they're working on and when they're working on it.

This is unprecedented in game development and has been a detriment to them because of course it was a buggy pos during the years of building the base functionality, a lot of which has been built from the ground up.

We are at the point of development with item 2.0 and subsumption AI that a lot of the core fundamentals are there and predictably there has been a rapid amount of progress these last 6 months because of that.

Will the game be good? I don't know. But is it vaporware or a scam? Obviously not.
>>
>>383261386
This is a 6 years old project at this point, they burnt the first 80 millions before the beginning of 2016, and at that point they only made a couple of demos and the garage

The "persistent universe" and singleplayer campaign were both supposed to get a release by now
>>
>>383261550
>175 million dollars
>Years overdue

You won't fool me with damage control
>>
>>383261308
>>383261371
just watch AtV and you would see the content they are working on
>>
>>383261787
Anon I don't think you see the scope of how much money has already been burnt and like I said, not an ounce closer to even a beta release. By the time a full release hits it'll be another 6-7 years and 100+ million dollars invested.

No other videogame, not even Duke Nukem Forever, has a development cycle this expensive and unproductive.
>>
>>383261842
Never worked in software development right? Things get delayed all the time. And that a project that started with a budget of estimated 6 million dollars won't take as long to develope as a bloated project of 150 million dollars should be clear.
>>
>>383261550
Only ready the first two lines but
>"haven't invested a single cent"
>that following wallpost

Yeah you dun goofed, don't get scammed like that next time
>>
>>383255736
Haters gonna hate.

If you actually researched it a bit more you would know it's far from vaporware.

Yet, haters gonna hate. I guess it's the cool thing for kids to do these days.
>>
>>383261392
There's a small persistent universe in which you can visit around five stations. You can explore a satellite's rings and fight pirates in the rings while finding some neat secrets and weapons. There's a quest which has you traveling to various locations and doing shit like salvaging black boxes, protecting stranded ships or hunting pirates and there's a fully voiced quest in which you need to uncover an insurance fraud by exploring a small derelict station. Also lots of dog fighting with players. There has been a lot of footage shown off of the newest update which will implement a moon to land on.
>>
The game is a really huge scam at this point

250m dollars later the developers needed more money so they took a huge gamble and took a loan worth the entirety of the developer studio, game and all their shit in exchange.
>>
File: 20i9k50.gif (130KB, 290x375px) Image search: [Google]
20i9k50.gif
130KB, 290x375px
>>383262058

OK, Derek.
>>
>>383262181
>took a loan worth the entirety of the developer studio, game and all their shit in exchange.
wrong
>>
>>383262027
I work in land acquisition and 175 million dollars (150 is last year's estimate) is still a lot of money. If is game has a 12 year development cycle we can factor in another couple engine changes, a total reworking of SC's netcode (shit) and what return for it? The longer this kind of development goes on the quicker this company goes bankrupt
>>
>>383256695
Are these actual flaws? Because this post reeks of third hand account.
>>
>>383262205
>if I got scammed you're this old fat nigger!
Not really but you still got scammed, avoid wasting so much money next time
>>
>>383262081
>Haters gonna hate.
Why the fuck are all the SCultists so outdated and old? You're all so fucking weird and autistic.
>>
>>383255937
t. cultist
>>
>>383262232
http://www.inquisitr.com/4322447/is-star-citizen-in-trouble-with-a-loan-and-owned-by-a-bank-no-not-really/

They literally put up the entirety of their shit as collateral for this loan and if they default and can't pay it back they lose everything.

The only other major company to do this in recent years is Ford during the recession
>>
>>383262089
>Evochron Legacy has had all of these features AND MORE forever for $22
So what's the point of Star Citizen?
>>
>>383262027
See
>>383262440
>>
>>383262440
Holy shit lmao
>>
>>383262181
>>383262440

This level of misinformation. The loan was taken on SQ42 assets not Star Citizen and it was done solely to avoid exchange rates in the UK and was taken out with Coutts, the same bank the Queen uses and who only does business with people or companies that have a lot of liquidity.

Literally anybody that knows anything about finance knows this is a nothing story but don't let that get in the way of the narrative, eh.
>>
>>383255736
development is in full swing. you just think it's taking an unusually long amount of time because we knew about the game from the day the development began. For example, do you seriously believe Bethesda hasn't been developing TES VI for years now? They'll formally announce it when it's 70% finished.

>>383256134
>>383256270
this was released just this day

https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-citizen/star-citizen-shows-procedural-planets-30
>>
>>383262463
The point is that you're awful at strawmen.
>>
>>383262658
Good shit, it finally caught up to No Man's Sky
>>
So far, checking the dev diary everything looks fine. I was already well into adulthood before the game was announced. Little development hiccups don't bother me as long as I see the things I want to see.

Basically, I'm trying to say, I'm not gen z. I can wait for something I want if I need to.
>>
>>383262749
SC has been a better game than NMS since S42 was released
>>
>>383262845
Not an argument.
>>
>>383262690
Excuse me while I go play a space game that exists and didn't waste millions of dollars to develop.

It turns out you can develop a space sim on your own and fit more into it than Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen, it's a one man development team, for a hell of a lot cheaper.

So uh, what's the point of Star Citizen?
>>
Vaporware implies it doesn't exist and you'll never be able to play it. Since you can outright play modules for the game then it can't be vaporware

Will it actually be good in the end? Fuck if I know, but you're a retard if you call this vaporware
>>
>>383256695
>15 FPS on a supercomputer

legit wrong, while the FPS is terrible it's never dropping below 25 for me. Usually it's around 30-38 in Star Marine which is fun now that Illfonic got booted.
>>
>>383255937
Or what fat ass? You'll fucking eat me? Sit down.
>>
>>383262921
>>383262956
>What is the point of Fallout 4 when Fallout 3 and New Vegas exist?
Better question, what is the point of your mother giving birth to you two faggots when much better human beings exist in this world.
>>
>>383262921
>So uh, what's the point of Star Citizen?

To put the stuff in those games that those single man developers always leave out. That is literally the point.
>>
>>383262857
I thought they axed s42.
>>
File: 1473875036801.gif (330KB, 245x146px) Image search: [Google]
1473875036801.gif
330KB, 245x146px
>>383262921
About the dumbest fucking thing I have read
>>
>>383261392
>asks a genuine question
>has to assure us that it's not bait
What have we become
>>
>>383263181
Look at the rest of this thread and you fucking tell me what we've come to. Just report the thread, post with sage if you must and move the fuck on. It's permanent summer here.
>>
>>383263137
What's the point of Squad when Insurgency exists?
What's the point of DuckTales Remastered when Shantae exists?
What's the point of GW2 when WoW exists?
What's the point of PES when Fifa exists?
What's the point in replying to your dumb ass?
>>
>>383263106
>>383263031
>>383263149
As opposed to the one mission and system Star Citizen can give me for all those years and millions of dollars...

Wake the fuck up anon
>>
>>383262330
>If is game has a 12 year development cycle
Why should it have a 12 year development cycle? Currently it's 5 years which is pretty normal for a regular AAA single player game. CIG is developing not only a single player game but also a MMO at the same time. So 7-9 years is more reasonable.
>we can factor in another couple engine changes
Why? They "changed" the engine one time. From Cryengine to LumberYard, which is a fork of the Cryengine, so not much of a change. Also they have hired half of Crytecs engine team so why would they change away from a Cryengine based engine? Doesn't make any sense.
>a total reworking of SC's netcode
Isn't the current netcode from the original Cryengine? Ofcourse it gets reworked or more like made from scratch because you can't use it for a game like this.
>>
>>383256392
Can i tho? (not the guy but also scammed out of 50 bucks)
I heard something that they updated their TOS so you cant get a refund anymore, bought it over 2 years ago tho
>>
>>383262440
>Still posting this shit
>Even after they outright explained it was to avoid getting fucked by potential currency value changes
>>
>>383262440
Have you even read the article?
>>
>>383263321
I am, I'm waking up to first person shooting and explosive decompression during a fire fight you dumb motherfucker. Give me another Space sim that does this shit if you really want to argue.
>>
Uh ackshually you guys Star Citizen is in fact the greatest most importantest game and it's only taken so long because ackshually they finished the game multiple times over and over and they even figured out how to put objects in 3D space, they have a billion of everyone working on it and they keep getting infinite resources (from my constant donations) so of course it'll be finished and the biggest best superest game, it being unfinished is actually the reason it's the most finishedest game ever ever.
>>
There will always be haters and naysayers when people are doing anything groundbreaking. It's the way of the world.

Star Citizen is ludicrously ambitious. They are winging it to an extent because a lot of this stuff has never been done before or at least in not such fine fidelity but they have loads of talent.

Really the weekly ATV's have shown me more than enough to know they are well on the right track.

It's a massive project that by the nature of the crowdfunding has changed drastically from it's original vision.

That was the trade-off. We would probably have a "Star Citizen" if they had only raised 20-30 million but they made a lot more and the scope of the game became much larger.

Endless bitching and whining has commenced because of that but the rest of us are happy that the scope has become so grandiose and have seen with our own eyes how the development has been going.

It's not going to be ready for another few years, that's for sure but 3.0 is on the way and for what they are trying to do the development time is totally normal. We've just seen it from day one. Companies don't even announce their games exist until years in to dev.
>>
File: 1474795188473.gif (494KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1474795188473.gif
494KB, 500x259px
>>383263408
>I heard

Yeah on /v/ I fucking bet.
>>
>>383263321
Nigger why the fuck did you ask me what you can do in star citizen if you're just going to shitpost.
>>
>people are still falling for scam citizen
Hahahah holy shit man, when this inevitably fails to deliver in so many different ways I wonder how many people will literally, unironically kill themselves over it. I'm fucking giddy to witness the shitstorm on social media.
>>
>>383263517
that doesn't answer my question so you are being an even bigger faggot that "the /v/" you are criticizing
>>
>>383255736
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHUbzzKJXBc
>>
>People still think star citizen is coming out
Holy shit my sides.
>>
Reminder, this game literally cannot be discussed on /v/ due to a collective of very dedicated autists. Just report and move on.
>>
>>383263456
Evochron and Elite Dangerous have cabin decompression, want to try again?

Can you land on planets yet in SC?
Can you deploy and build structures?
Can you program a ship's AI to complete autonomous tasks for you?
Can you set custom jump coordinates?
Can you use Newtonian flight models to help you in combat?

Don't talk to me until you chumps learn how a space sim is supposed to look first. Oh, and Evochron and Elite both have online multiplayer in a 'persistent universe', so SC is treading old ground with a Crysis engine instead of anything new
>>
>>383263667
nah
>>383263456
>first person shooting and explosive decompression during a fire fight

I don't want features, I want all the elements in one game. You're weird, not everyone jumps around games every 30 minutes
>>
>>383263751
What is there to even discuss?
>>
>>383263857
Yeah you dumb nigger, that isn't explosive decompression, you should try again. Reading motherfucking comprehension.
>>
Ok, let's assume for a moment that it will get released and will be good.
Is there already a planned 4chan group with their sights on boarding and stealing the superships and then laughing all the way to the secret base?
>>
>>383263603
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IcPsIwC-pU
>>
File: image.jpg (219KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 1024x768px
>>383263935
>>
Is star citizen the next grimoire?
>>
No Citizen's Sky's development is in full swing, guys!
>>
>>383263989
>Cabin window gets shot out
>All pressure in cabin immediately drops
>Pilot has a mask on because he isn't a retard
>Doesn't pass out or have his head pop

Like I said, that's in both Evochron Legacy and Elite: Dangerous, try again buddy
>>
I just don't understand how people can be so deeply and blindly devoted to the idea of this game. I don't see how one can be shown a picture of a virtual object and immediately and without hesitation give up thousands of dollars of their own money just for the chance to maybe access that virtual object in the future. I don't get how people get worked up into such a frenzy whenever someone points out the very real flaws and shadiness that surround the entire project.
>>
>>383264240
Yeah, and then the fps mode with the fire fights?

again, you're a faggot, try again.
>>
>>383264372
I'm sorry as in doing firefights in first person? As in every space sim or just what the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>383263857
>Evochron
Heck, i'll have to track down the torrent for this, Starpoint Gemini (II with all the expansions and Warlords), then another one that is top-down, Endless Sky was it called?

Fuck, i need a list now, between upgrading the PC and playing if i can shave on the "find games" part maybe i'll be able to complete the backlog before i die of old age.
>>
>insisting that people got scammed
>insisting on damage control
>consistently act like complete fucking retards
>keep on chanting "SINK!" at people regardless of what they say
Why

Maximum strawman incoming.
>>
>>383264117
/v/ is so fucking dumb, you fags were constantly creaming yourselves over that blatantly lied about game NMS

You were so burned by your stupidity now you're skeptical of all ambitious space games and proc gen in general

Lmao
>>
>>383264464
Like in the video the SC folks released you dumb motherfucker, like 3 fucking years ago.
>I've never seen it
Then why are you talking about shit you don't even understand?
>>
>>383261850
Can I play it, now? If no then fuck off and don't come back until you have something substantial.
>>
>>383263598
Type in "Star Citizen refund" into Google, there's a subreddit (inb4 go back) that deals with that kind of stuff. You can totally get a refund on anything that isn't a physical item, a ticket to an event, etc. If they tell you 'no', resort to scare tactics and consumer protection organizations. There's little possibility that you won't get your money back.
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>383255736
>that one friend who keeps trying to drag you into his cult

Not gonna happen, buddy.
>>
>>383263149
Well, he was right about the game not existing.
>>
how do I get a refund of this?
i contacted the support stating that I have right to a refund according to EU laws but they refuse to respond, should I mention lawyers and court or just spam them with emails?
>>
>>383264834
Now, move on to dismissing souls games and open world. Then your transformation will be complete.
>>
>>383264598
Newfag detected. NMS became the next most hated thing on 4chan (after Jews and George Soros) when it launched and didn't deliver.
>>
File: 3244535690832.png (1MB, 1132x1135px) Image search: [Google]
3244535690832.png
1MB, 1132x1135px
>>383262657
>>383263415

He did it so when it does go tits up and people ask where near 250 million has gone he can sit on his yacht in the sun and say it's the banks problem.
>>
>>383264359
Well, society is built upon trust, but then again some people are just naive and/or dumb.
>>
>>383264730
nice bullshit anon
>>
>>383265014
Saved.
It couldn't be a better fucking representation of this whole entire scam, lmao
>>
>>383264359

The latter is related to the former. When you drop that much money on something that doesn't actually exist and isn't guaranteed to ever exist, you're going to be kind of defensive about something most people will call a poor financial decision.
>>
>>383265014
>12k pounds for a fucking in-game item
Hahahahahahahahaha.
>>
>>383265014

>12600 GBP

Well that's like, what, $20 American nowadays?
>>
>>383265014
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>383263334
>urrently it's 5 years which is pretty normal for a regular AAA single player game.
filthy lies. 3 years MAX and that includes marketing and a FINISHED product which is RELEASED. this is. a scam
>>
>>383264709
Yes, you can
>>
File: 87.gif (430KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
87.gif
430KB, 500x278px
>>383265390
>>
>>383265014
Goddamn, how do I get into "making" video games so I can rip off the dumb fucking manchildren?
I'd love nothing more than to take their parents money or that weak ass walmart check some of them would call an income.
>>
>>383264598
>/v/ ever liking or having faith in NMS
What you're saying simply isn't true.
>>
>>383265474
>3 years MAX
In your dreams maybe.
>>
>>383263515
> ludicrously ambitious
People like Molineux or Tim S. would love gullible faggots like you anon. You even shill their lies for free.
>>
>>383265596
To be fair, NMS fixed its shit up. This didn't.
>>
File: 3543856543986d.png (270KB, 610x593px) Image search: [Google]
3543856543986d.png
270KB, 610x593px
>>383265574
Get to it anon, manchildren love to spend their parents money.
>>
>>383263515
I'll take "released" over "ludicrously ambitious" any time of the day. You know, a game that I can fucking play, instead of read about and salivate.
>>
>>383265014
He owns a fucking yacht and never even released a product. That's how fucking smart he is. Why can't this be me!!! SHIT FUCK
>>
I can tell that Star Citizen isn't at all where you want it to be, because of how wounded and defensive it's fans get when the project is looked at by people who haven't already decided to love it. That anger and testiness you're giving off is the symptom of a stress you're feeling regarding this project.
>>
>>383265782
Look at that fucking manchild slob, there is no snowball chance in hell that the 30k was even is. It had to be his parents money. ain't no fucking way. It's like being unplugged from the matrix for the first time, it's just unbelievable.
>>
>>383264359
Anyone who bought more than the freelancer at the original kickstarter is either delusional or willing to take a risk, risk even at the freelancer level. As to the point of "deeply and blindly devoted," the majority of posters on /v/ only bought in for $30 or $50 dollars, and are only defensive in response to a wall of constant bullshit. Time and again reasonable skepticism is addressed, mostly with a "we'll see" because that's about the best speculation possible. Skepticism in the form of the bloating budget and the ad campaigns to raise more is reasonable, though it's likely that they saw the opportunity to expand the game into a greater vision and took it, which is reasonable. The phrase "deeply and blindly devoted" is far more applicable to the morons looking for the next tortanic than those patiently awaiting a very, possibly overly, ambitious game. Suggesting that nothing will come of it at all is absurd.
>>
File: jawcn62.png (488KB, 1096x678px) Image search: [Google]
jawcn62.png
488KB, 1096x678px
Ayy, hol up.
>>
No, that's Grimoire
>>
>>383264967
You seem to have a poor grasp of time. Are you fourth-dimensional?
>>
>>383266228
>Wounded and defensive
>Every thread is pure shitposting with no room for discussion
Pro tip, just because you think /v/ is supposed to be nothing but shitposting, doesn't mean you need to do nothing but shitpost, newfag.
>>
>>383264967
Yeah AFTER it's launch. My point exactly

Jesus fuck you kids delude yourselves on a whim easily just to win an internet argument

Pathetic
>>
>>383265734
>game still in development
>Why havent he problems been fixed?
You are something special.
>>
>>383265734
>bunch of autistic boring to tears rare resource hunting

It couldn't have more contrived core gameplay
>>
Guys they already said that a couple of cool stuff wont be ready for 3.0 but they'll release it with 3.1 so we just have to wait for that, once it is release SC will be pretty much the best spacesim out there.
>>
>>383266242
You could read the article, anon. Or you could have read it back when it happened. He justifies it as a hobby, somehow. Though, with the way you talk, I couldnt possibly expect you to do any kind of fact checking before lambasting on social media.
>>
>>383267386
Guys were almost there, once we hit version 985521266653489999542224035472222648521654321658421321654654156351351 it will finally be done, we can finally be free!!!!
>>
hol up

>there is a literal NMS cuck in this thread who thinks they "fixed" his game but that this will be just a total scam

*inhales deeply

Ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah
>>
>>383267472
>30k on a product that doesn't even exist
It's a hobby a-anon...!!! with the w-way you talk you don't know anything!! G-GO AWAY!!
Shut the fuck up, bitch-tits.
>>
>>383266920
See, there it is again. Star Citizen is an irritating subject to you because you can't convince people you're not in the process of being conned.
>>
>>383264598
I'm the poster of that comment you replied to, unlike those other 2 guys that replied to you. I'm not "/v/", I'm just one guy, and I'm just shitposting a little because I really have no interest in this game, nor did I have any interest in NMS. Tbh senpai as soon as hype levels go up this high it's kind of like a deterrent for me and I want nothing to do with it. These games' fanbases form cults and it becomes more about being part of the cult than it ever will be about the games. You're an idiot if you can't see that this game can never live up to its hype and can only result in massive disappointment and outrage. That is if the game even gets released, which seems to be a little up in the air.
>>
File: spgw.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spgw.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>383264574
>Starpoint Gemini (II with all the expansions and Warlords
warlords is the only one worth getting, its like mount and blade in space now with capturing sectors, pretty comfy
>>
>>383267789
>somehow
I'm mocking both him and you, you retard.
>>
>>383267960
See, there it is again. Getting called out on shitposting is an irritating subject to you because you can't convince people you're not the world's most lonely basement neckbeard.
>>
>>383267472
I'm not sure how to write a post biting enough for what you're implying, but I assure you we all knew it was his hobby, and it's embarrassing for your hobby to be spending $30,000 to buy the theory that you will eventually own some data of a fictional spaceship in the future of an unreleased game.
>>
>>383255937
So how much did you throw into the dumpster?
>>
>>383268080
>You're an idiot if you can't see that this game can never live up to its hype and can only result in massive disappointment and outrage. That is if the game even gets released

i didnt like how ambitious they ended up being thanks to the stretch goals shit, but i dont see that meaning the whole thing is going to just be trashed and a hundred mil or so will be totally wasted just so they could have employed some people and skim some off the side
>>
>>383268080
The game has been in development for years and the only threads on /v/ about it are pure shitpost. What fucking hype are you talking about? The forums dedicated specifically to it?
>>
File: 1476731015152.jpg (227KB, 1128x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1476731015152.jpg
227KB, 1128x1048px
Who gives a fuck?
Wake me up in 10 years when it's done
The only kickstarter I regret not joining was Kingdom Death's
Stop making shitty shill/shitposting threads on /v/
>>
>>383265014
>in stock
Why the fuck do so many greedy devs do this? It's fucking digital shit, it's pixels, it's a certain amount of 1s and 0s. Of fucking course they will be in stock as long as you greedy fucks deem it profitable to make it available before you shut it down to give it the illusion of scarcity. FUCK.
>>
>>383255849
Star Citizen is a fucking cult. Chris Roberts will lead them all to the stars in a mass sucide.

Nobody's even talking about this game anymore except fellow cultists.
>>
>>383264730
Doesn't work you cuck.
>>
>>383268427
So are you telling me that people AREN'T displaying habitual annoyment that they have to explain they aren't saps, over this game? Star Citizen simply doesn't put out enough good faith for what it is to keep people from doubting its supporters. I can see where that'd be stressful to deal with.

I'm not even shitposting by the way, I'm just saying people are stressed and defensive about it. You're the one resorting to huffy mimicry.
>>
>>383268736
No don't you understand?!?! You have to give them money OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!
>>
File: 324654536787657322.png (49KB, 963x204px) Image search: [Google]
324654536787657322.png
49KB, 963x204px
>>383268840
>Nobody's even talking about this game anymore except fellow cultists.

And those who like a good train-wreck. I think people have also forgotten all the good devs getting chased out and and leaving. When he tried to get any negative press removed from the Internet. Or when he threatened to sue the Escapist.
>>
>>383255736
Voporware implies that nothing will ever materialize from the project. I think its pretty safe to say Chris will actually deliver a product in the next 10 years or so. The problem is that it will only be a hollow shell of what he has promised.
>>
>>383256341
>spending thousands of dollars on digital spaceships
>2017

I bet you also pre-order your games at Gamestop and have 100k in reward points.
>>
File: 1496374002818.jpg (154KB, 992x397px) Image search: [Google]
1496374002818.jpg
154KB, 992x397px
>>
How much does scam Citizen get per month?
>>
>>383268305
Yeah, but my 'tism forbids me to play it before i know all the backstory
>>
>looking forward to SQ42 if it is good
>be consolefag
>don't have gaming PC
>don't have use for it except for this game
>still no console version for SQ42 announced

Cmon, Robertsfaggot, I just want fucking singleplayer part for fucking consoles. You can keep your shitty MMO on PC.
>>
>>383269249
>people who dont have anything invested in the game and think it will be nothing supposedly follow it much more closely than people like me who actually did spend money on it

>they never give sources, just spout some shit, post pictures of a coffee machine or yacht that for all we know was rented, and act as if its a given fact that they were all bought with no evidence whatsoever

really makes you think
>>
>>383269787

Around 3-4 million without sales/specials
>>
>>383269973
>Cmon, Robertsfaggot, I just want fucking singleplayer part for fucking consoles.

its not coming to consoles

now you understand why so much of /v/ is so triggered by its existence
>>
>>383270054
>Around 3-4 million without sales/specials

WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO!?

You could fund an army with this shit. I'm not joking. Give me 175 million, and 3-4 million in additional funds per month and I'll defeat Islamic State.
>>
File: BBC Max whin NC -7.JPG.jpg (98KB, 1002x564px) Image search: [Google]
BBC Max whin NC -7.JPG.jpg
98KB, 1002x564px
>>383269249
BBC will push a breaking news notification to my phone when the Star Citizen cult members' bodies are discovered. Until then I'm just going to play some games.
>>
>>383270381

Chris will just tell the BBC they are a Muslim/Islamic gaming dev

The BBC will as a result instantly give them a free pass on everything
>>
>>383270156
Please, you think the only people that, as you say, triggered about this game are consolefags? Don't be delusional.

It is not like with Bloodborne, where PCfags were absolutely buttblasted about its exclusivity. Maybe there are consolefags here and there but it is not majority of those people.
>>
>>383270614
>It is not like with Bloodborne, where PCfags were absolutely buttblasted about its exclusivity.

top fucking kek

RDR as well right?

i sold my console and rdr the other month after it sat in my closet for years

stay deluded
>>
I don't get this. Why not just play EVE? Is 1st person perspective THAT important?
>>
What's that fallacy where you're afraid of losing what you've invested, so you keep pouring more and more money into it? That seems to sum up star Citizen to me.
>>
>>383270763
>Is 1st person perspective THAT important?

can you and your crew get out of your ship and board another and have a firefight on the deck to try and take it over?

it changes a lot of the gameplay

eve is way more autistic than what this game is trying to achieve, although thats largely because its hard to achieve this much innovative game design when no one has done anything very much like it before and theres nothing to work off of or even really look at for guidance
>>
>>383265621
> doesn't have any industry experience
> feels qualified to talk about game development.

No anon, a normal, successful AAA game takes about 3 years of full dev time, excluding funding rounds etcetera.

star citizen is in development hell and has been for a long fucking time. The publisher still asking for funds is just a scam at this point.
>>
>>383271341
>No anon, a normal, successful AAA game takes about 3 years of full dev time

Yeah 12 hour corridor shooters maybe
>>
>>383270763
But can you indulge in your furry delusion to cruise around in you spaceship of yiff and degeneracy? Thought so!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk
The average SC backer.
>>
>>383271341
a normal AAA game is built off of previous games that are usually almost identical to it, and only make superficial improvements, and shit on the story and your ability to interact with the world just to refine controls, gunplay and graphics, and waste tens if not hundreds of millions on advertising
>>
>>383271079
Sunken Cost fallacy.
>>
>This thread is still up and hasn't been 404d yet
Wow.
>>
>>383270156
>uh, actually you guys are just all jealous because Star Citizen is actually the best game and you're mad you didn't collectively in the hole $150mil on a game that might come out in five years... because it's on PC!
Fucking lol
>>
>>383271609

Yeah that. It's sucked so much money, that people are terrified of that money being "wasted", so they pour money into it.

Just what this is even being spent on is a mystery. It seems, at the very least, a poorly managed project that is trying to do WAY too much all at once. Way too ambitious, and it's easy for such a project to keep sucking up money forever without any results.
>>
File: 1496518187470.jpg (51KB, 382x405px) Image search: [Google]
1496518187470.jpg
51KB, 382x405px
I am so tired of the bullshit from the new space games, dead genre to be quite honest, s e m p a i.
>>
>>383270712
why would you sell the computer that has the most comfy AAA releases for a buggy mes that is pc? I just use PC for hots and HS and xcom and osme nice 90s games. But really buying a agtx1060 was a mistake as there's nothing worthwhile on PC htat needs its power.

the only worthwhile thing pc has is that you can pirate games for free so you can play an enhanced demo before buying it for real on ps4.

oh yeah, I could wait 5 more years for Scam Citizen though..
>>
>>383271341
>a normal, successful AAA game takes about 3 years of full dev time, excluding funding rounds etcetera.
> about 3 years of full dev time
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHA
>>
>>383271672
Problem?
>>
>>383255736
so is this going to be like the next spore but worse
>>
>>383271079
The Star Citizen Fallacy
>>
>>383263515
Paying for a game 8 years before it's released and loving it. I wonder if even game Devs are questioning pre purchase methods and the consumers sanity at this point
>>
>>383273106
The only reason I would like to know people on the dev team, getting an inside look into what the devs really think about Chris, the game and its cult followers.
>>
>>383269995
>spent money on early access
kek at your life, fampai.
>>
>>383271160
>can you and your crew get out of your ship and board another and have a firefight on the deck to try and take it over?
so it's just Age of Pirates in space
>it changes a lot of the gameplay
I can just start up arma or squad if I want a better FPS experience
>eve is way more autistic than what this game is trying to achieve, although thats largely because its hard to achieve this much innovative game design when no one has done anything very much like it before and theres nothing to work off of or even really look at for guidance
have you ever seen a representation of eve that wasn't a "hurr 40 excel spreadsheets" meme?
making a game is a lot easier than you make it out to be
and why the fuck would I need to look at what other people are doing when I have a clear concept in my head of what I want to do

point is at the end of the day EVE is going to have a better economy, better combat and a whole lot more freedom than this game is setting out to give you
>>
>>383258531
>ponzi scheme
What is a bank.
>>
>>383271808
its easy to see why consolefags would be mad, you'd have to go blow $900+ on PC hardware to play it, when people who have good PC hardware will only need like one upgrade, if any, plus $35 or whatever for the actual game

>>383272091
you bought a gtx 1060 and you play multiplats on consoles?

congratulations on being retarded/biased as fuck, lmao

unless you just love modern FPS's that much and dont like mouse in keyboard, in that case congratulations on being completely retarded and underage because modern multiplat/console exclusive FPSs are fucking abysmally rehashed, reskinned watered down garbage compared to what they used to be

they cant even make any interesting maps or settings anymore, just barebones garbage, like a decimated ww1 battlefield which is nothing but fucking trash and open area and a building here and there

i mean titanfall 2 actually seems more interesting than any other mutliplat or console exclusive FPS at this point, by far, due to just a fucking grapple hook gimmick

pic related, first really interesting setting and maps ive seen in an FPS in about a decade, and it costs $13

>>383273106
its the same as for honor at this point, endless contextless PVP deathmatches, except its an actually interesting setting with innovative physics and design, rather than another boring ass ass creed ubishit copy paste medieval fantasy samuri bullshit all about repetitive preset combat animations, and a totally broken network that kicks its own customers out of their game constantly after they bought this as a "finished" product

consolefags are even bigger cucks, you let UBI get away with that awful shit and bought the game in droves only to get fucking booted from every other game you play

l m a o

>>383273716
>implying you likely havent bought shitty games that basically qualify as the same thing, like the one mentioned above, yet have no hope of even being fixed because you couldnt return them because you're a consolecuck
>>
>>383271585
>Bayonetta was made in 2 years
>Dishonored was made in 3 years
>Mass Effect was made in 3 years
>Super Mario Galaxy was made in 3 years
>Dead Space was made in 3 years
You're full of shit. Even original games don't take that long to develop.
>>
>>383268775
They do that in real life too.
90% of the time when an online shop says that an item is only available in limited quantities anymore they actually still have tons of it and just want to clear out the stock faster.
>>
>>383271341
Each yearly released Call of Duty title that has little change from the previous one has 3 years of development time. Larger games that don't have a base to work off typically take longer to make. GTAV took 5 years.
>>
Wow, No Man's Sky 2?
>>
>>383273753
>I can just start up arma or squad if I want a better FPS experience

its not about just "FPS experience", else it would have been just an FPS

the context would make it much more intense, and would allow for more varied gameplay, as in you fly a ship you've invested time or money in, and stand to loose all that, and have much more diverse challenges, the idea being your skill as a pilot or copilot can mean nothing if you cant aim with a gun, and shit hits the fan in the wrong way

i say "would" because they havent actually added much in terms of missions or money in the free roam to give places an incentive to do that yet, but it seems to already be possible with the engine, you can walk around on other peoples ships, float in space with a jetpack, shoot people with handguns and rifles as well as be a pilot

and more varied gameplay like that sounds more interesting to me than throwing your body at a pile of bodies in another boring modern battlefield then getting bored and booting up some autistic shit like EVE and mining for 1000 hours just to join an org and a zerg and pretend like you're doing anything significant or interesting by monotonously firing lasers in the safety of a crowd of a hundred other ships doing the same thing

>>383274232
mass effect is the only one there that seemed to come out of nowhere and be even slightly innovative

slightly

except they probably just built it all off of what they learned making games like dragon age

and then they replaced the mako and the focus on exploring the galaxy with.. exploring your sexuality

seriously comparing star citizen to that unremarkable trash, lmao, its already innovated far more than any of them

wew
>>
>>383270763
In this generation of kids that grew up in the CoD era. yes it is vital.
>>
>>383255736
I was absolutely going to buy this game Day 1 when it launched but the longer it goes on the more I'm convinced there's no actual "game" and it all just selling people dreams.
>>
>>383275753
>autists cant imagine or even comprehend the incredibly dynamic and varied gameplay that could be added by allowing you to take control of your player in a space game and actually leave the cockpit

doesnt even matter if its first or third person really, in fact the game lets you go in third person even when you walk around on foot with a simple hotkey
>>
>>383275670
haha wow dude you're going to be so fucking disappointed in your game if you actually think it's going to play anything like that at all
like honestly, you're imagining pretty much the same things I did when I was nine years old and was looking forward to a game
>>
>>383275670
> moving the goalposts
It's funny how delirious you cultists are:)
>>
>>383271527
there's nothing more lazy than procedural open world design. I'm sorry you got scammed buty ou have to stop pretending elite wasn't coded by 1 guy and is bigger in scope than SC.

Also .. it's a game that was finished 2,5 decade ago.
>>
>>383274583
Limited quantity means they're not going to order more when they've sold out, they've bought some number from the factory as a one-time deal and won't be making continued orders on the item. It very literally means 'we won't have this forever' aka 'limited quantity'. It's good to be wary in the marketplace but this one is actually not a scam.
>>
>>383271585
You mean like freelancer? Oh...

>>383274907
> muh cowadooty

I was talking about AAA games in general, it's your proposition to cherrypick a franchise that you dislike. Say what you will about CoD, at least it gets released and stays within budget. It might not be your cup of tea, it is definitely a hallmark of solid leadership that those huge titles get released on time every christmas for the sales. Chris Robberts is just an incompetent with managing big projects and budgets as he has shown time and time again.
>>
>>383276128
its already implemented in game, thats the core of it. its the physics. something most games barely even have.

now they just need to add the more superficial stuff like trading, monetary incentives, to give the gameplay it already has more context and incentive for players to cooperate and do what is already possible, more often and in a larger scale, and give people something to invest their time in and have a sense of progression, or risk, in losing their ship, and be able to gamble to gain much more, rather than just a open sandbox of complex physics and free ships and no death penalty

>i dont understand game design: the post
>>
>>383271585
> wasting 30k on a coffee maker or expensive custom made doors is fine though

anon pls
>>
>>383277291
You mean those 'physics' that would make absolutely zero sense in space?

BTW there has been decent physics simulation in videogames since the 80s, the reason why you never see it is because it tends to not be very fun.

But keep believing the marketing tricks, haha!
>>
>>383274171
> I know nothing about fps games but ill talk about it anyway

Just like you know nothing about game design but support a known scam anyway, hah!

It's a small secret that the pc fps community houses the more intelligent gamers on average, which is probably why you see so little kikestarters for fps games.
>>
>>383265014

Why do people post that picture of Chris on a boat? Dude was rich well before he started the SC crowdfunding
>>
>>383278148
and now he went from rich to filthy rich.
>>
>>383278148
He's even richer now, kek.
>>
>>383278232

I mean hiring over 300 employees and opening 4 studios is pretty expensive, so I doubt he's pocketing most of the funds
>>
>>383278148
>Dude was rich well before he started the SC crowdfunding

{{Citation needed}}

He seemed to be struggling. Now he's hit the jackpot.
>>
>>383275670
Stop it, you missed the point of what he was saying. He wasn't saying Mass Effect is better than Star Citizen, he was saying Star Citizen's bloated dev cycle doesn't scale, and they're putting all their eggs in one ridiculously overblown basket instead of executing these ideas in a more practical way.

I'm glad you're excited and happy with what they're showing, but I gotta say you Star Citizen donors talk like a middle aged man defending and bragging about his basement train set he's spent his life working on. I'll just have to take your word for it that it means that much to you, but it seems like you're more interested in the theory and the fun lifestyle of feeding off a trickle of updates, rather than real focus on the finished project as it is. It's like you enjoy going to the model store and glueing together the tracks more than you're interested in having a train set.
>>
>>383278348
You've met his 300 employees? You think he literally has 300 fte employed over those 5 years?

This reeks of a ponzi scheme, I can't believe when enron happened people still fall for this obvious scam.
>>
>>383278148
>rich
>need crowdfunding
uhuh
>>
>>383277503
>You mean those 'physics' that would make absolutely zero sense in space?

durr they walk on spaceships in zero G, that isnt realistic durr star trek is garbage, why isnt it ultra realistic and boring as fuck

>oh but they've had the physics since the 80's its just so realistic its boring and you cant do it any other way because straying from realism for gameplays sake is always a bad idea even though it made for great TV and games in the past

what a retard
>>
>>383278595
>It's like you enjoy going to the model store and glueing together the tracks more than you're interested in having a train set.

Could Robertfags be the construction set-aborters of gaming?
>>
>>383255736
227 replies of scam.
>>
>>383278631
Lets be realistic, I highly doubt the guy is literaly embezzling so much as he probably payable himself and his closest elites an exorbitantly high self-chosen salary, as something of a CEO.
>>
>>383278706

Do you realize how expensive it is to make video games? Not even the bloated shit that is Star Citizen. Games are just expensive in general
>>
>>383277503

Hi Squarepusher.
>>
>>383278832
I'm not sure what you are saying. First you are bragging about the ''physics'' and when I tell you it's not realistic you start crying that that wasn't the point.

I think the point here is that the whole project is blown out of proportion and management rests on dangerous incompetence with a wiff of hubris / scamminess.

Seen that 30k coffee dispenser btw?
>>
>>383278595
>but it seems like you're more interested in the theory and the fun lifestyle of feeding off a trickle of updates

ive played the game 10 times longer than ive read about it

you guys seem more interested in its development than me by far, yet somehow you have no clue how its easily more fun than console shit eaten up by millions, like for honor
>>
>>383278706
Ha. If you're implying he's making Star Citizen for its own sake then your eyes laughable.
>>
>>383279119
>Seen that 30k coffee dispenser btw?
What
>>
>>383279120
I'm not saying it isn't fun or that you haven't been playing it, I'm saying that the people who defend it at this point usually are the type of people who enjoy following a dev cycle and the little updates, as if it were its own game.
>>
>>383278980
yes, I absolutely think so too. The 30k coffee shit and the hiding of company expenses budget.
It's a different name, better legal position, but its definitely corruption.

I'm going to laugh so hard when this scam finally has run its course. Chris roberts will be completely and utterly responsible for giving production houses more power than ever and killing the gaming arm of kikestarter off completely.

The funniest bit will be when rabid fanboys finally realize that capcom, EA and the likes weren't irrational evil entities, but often have to make some hard business decisions because creatives tend to be HOR RI BLE managers.
>>
>>383279023
A post that dares to utter criticism about CHRIS ROBBERTS INDUSTRIES MANNA FROM HEAVEN, it MUST be that ONE guy as normal people would never think these thoughts, I BETTER TELL HIM IM UP TO HIS EVIL SCHEME.

Okay anon.
>>
>>383279119
>you cant have physics that are better without going ultra autistic realism and not being able to have any scifi shit like artificial gravity! No fun allowed!

go play call of duty infinite warfares spaceship segments, and tell me its physics are anywhere near the physics of ships in star citizen

it feels like you're piloting a fucking rubber duck, like most space games, no procedural destruction, no weight to anything, probably because if they did simulate actual large forces with such shit physics it would just spazz out and cause massive glitching and clipping
>>
>>383279260
sorry 16k, I got confused with the 30k ships guy, haha

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsF8psDWAAAClfx.jpg
>>
>>383279593
Yeah, it's not illegal, but overpaid CEOs are a blight and largely indefensible. You'd have to be painfully naive to think at the end of the year Chris doesn't look at the company's income and say 'yeah I think I'll take ten million dollars'.
>>
>>383278983
Yes. His Yacht is probably 5% to 20% of the total funds of Star Citizen
>>383279254
>Star Citizen for its own sake
LOL. He made it bloated for you guys hahaha.
>>
>>383280192
Yep. It's abundantly clear that the infinitely increasing size of this project is to keep people paying for as long as possible.
>>
>>383280157
I've worked at plenty of companies and read up plenty of news (I work at the financial sector) to know what goes on with the leadership once they think that way.

I actually had the pleasure of working at a game company once and I can tell you, when the company went down management sure knew how to take care of themselves first. I have no reason to assume Chris robberts is any different seeing as he has mismanaged his last few big budget projects and came out on top.

I dont even think the guy thinks of himself as a criminal, he just thinks he deserves it becuase he does so much, which is endemic for people in a leadership position with no oversight and money to burn.

The funniest thing I think, is how kikestarter funders always pretended they were in control and they could get refunds somehow. I wonder how they intend to do that, maybe get back the rent that was paid? Or maybe recall salaries from employees? Hahahahha, fucking kids I tell you:)
>>
File: spess.jpg (486KB, 2059x1370px) Image search: [Google]
spess.jpg
486KB, 2059x1370px
>>383278887
I came to this thread to see beautiful starships. As I see none of sort let me contribute.
>>
>>383280092
>Literally says demo right fucking there, indicating they were just trying it out
>a thousand million shitposts ensue
>picture of a yacht, rented for all we know, same thing happens

how do the people who have nothing invested in this game seem to be more emotionally invested in and deluded about it than people who actually are?

lmao

oh right you're consolefags who would have to pay $1000 to even get to play, and instead invested in consoleshit

lel
>>
>>383280582
Besides paying himself and his wife salaries(including their friends), he is paid per year as a shareholder and probably spend company funds for his own expenses just like every ceo out there. This is besides that coffee dispenser and star trek doors.
>>
File: grasping woman.jpg (28KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
grasping woman.jpg
28KB, 600x579px
Why do everyone from reddit

Post like that ?

It's annoying

To read

And it really just flags you for everyone to see.

Drop the spaces, why are you doing that ?
>>
>>383280851
why do people who run out of arguments make fallacies about grammar or text style?

ive never been on reddit, keep deflecting dumb faggot
>>
>>383280796
No worries, I'm sure he will sell his sares well before the shit hits the fan and he does a much-praised mea culpa on an AMA. Maybe even shed a tear or two.

>>383280701
> You can't criticize erratic spending when you aren't dumb enough to give a dubious project money without any oversight!

I think I'm more entitled actually, as I have proven to be more critical than you obviously are.

Also

> reddit spacing

you have to go back
>>
>>383281071
You idiot i didn't even read the thread why do you assume that ?
I'm just trying to get people to post in a pleasing manner i don't give a fuck about starcitizen.
>>
>>383281139
Fuck now I remember when his wife was flying back and forth from europe to america, hiring actors and making a TV studio of some shit and SC cults just ate this all up.
>>
>>383280701
I like how fanboys defended the 16k costs as a ''solid investment'' because it was ''cheaper'' than normal coffee machines, hahaha.

So which one is it?
>>
File: 1468559365193.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468559365193.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>383280672
More coming
>>
>>383280582
Yeah, he's your run of the mill just-world fallacy accidentally corrupt CEO who figures that without him none of this would exist so he's always ready to use his control to take a lion's share whenever he feels he needs to, at least enough to have a Yacht. Of course he shouldn't work for free, but a wiser CEO would know that a little humility is very profitable, and maintains good consumer relations when your project is entirely crowdfunded and all your consumers are actually merely investors.
>>
>>383281364
Yes, nothing says smart budgeting like hiring expensive actors to an unfinished vertical slide (calling it pre-alpha would be too generous) that you have already sold:)
>>
>>383280672
Is this the supership that cost like 5000$?
Assuming the game gets made, who is with me for stealing it from the cash whale that bough it?
>>
>>383281448
Nice, in that company I used to work at I could get a concepter and a 3D artist whip that model up in about a few days of crunch. Total cost: less than 1000 euros (that includes electricity, taxes, hiring, profit).

AMAZING what CHRIS HAS ACHIEVED :D
>>
>>383281560
Mark Hamill will probably die first before he sees his SC contribution.
>>
>>383281139
>> You can't criticize erratic spending

0.013% of their budget being spent on a coffee machine, which ive heard is actually pretty regular for high budget projects involving 100+ million dollars like this, wew im so worried

>"its all a scam to have nice lattes and sit around pretending to code"
>>
>>383255736
I hope the game succeeds, after the shit show of elite dangerous: korean grindfest id like to play a spess gaem that doesnt blow. I fucking hate ftroop so god damn much and how they just shit all over the game to appease retarded casuals that couldnt fall out of a wet paper bag let alone fly a space ship virtually.
>>
File: lupin.jpg (15KB, 479x319px) Image search: [Google]
lupin.jpg
15KB, 479x319px
>>383280851
This is a very clear and professional way of writing. It's a standard in professional, corporate and legal environments.

If you point it out and say "oh it's reddit spacing" then you are either a total cunt or you parrot others since you don't know any better.

You probably never worked in the office, have you?
>>
File: 0 (2) (1).jpg (298KB, 1200x1044px) Image search: [Google]
0 (2) (1).jpg
298KB, 1200x1044px
>>383280672
This is a circle jerk of wanting a game to fail and some retards trying to respond to that circle jerk.You will see nothing constructive here.
>>
>>383281812
ah dont say that anon, mark is great.
best joker
best fanboy
best buttfucked by lucas
it's kinda ironic he's working for another sellout in his final days.
>>
File: aegis.jpg (1MB, 1930x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aegis.jpg
1MB, 1930x1080px
>>383281795
>>383281796
I don't care, I just like the looks of spaceships. Kind of a latest fetish of mine. Could you post some too?
>>
>>383280796
>pays himself
Yeah, so he sets his own income and own a Yacht before he's delivered a product.
>>
>>383281796
yes lets totally ignore all the physics theyve developed and refined laying the groundwork for the rest of the game to give context and meaning to the largely already possible gameplay
>>
File: vanguard.jpg (1MB, 3000x1687px) Image search: [Google]
vanguard.jpg
1MB, 3000x1687px
>>383281978
Well at least I posted a few nice spaceships.
>>
>>383281884
>You probably never worked in the office, have you?
I did faggot and the way it's done is:
>multiple phrases pertaining to the same topic use a single return line.
While a different topic is initiated by a double return line

On the topic of the game, what are the words on the "colonization" aspect? Will building full-fledged stations be feasible?
>>
>>383281481
Yes, it's very interesting how the good are separated from the bad. Did you know that after the whole enron scam got revealed some of them literally killed themselves? It's very interesting, guess after peddling lies for so long they started believing they were doing a good job.

I doubt Chris will have such reflections though, or he would have wizened up years ago.

Anyway I have zero tolerance for his cultist following,k they are just enablers that actively allow idiocy like this to happen. I'm just glad the (very few) good kickstarters got their funding before chris's moby dick style adventure will obliterate crowd funding for gaming, hahaha.
>>
File: Raider-class_corvette_XWM.png (1MB, 2200x1475px) Image search: [Google]
Raider-class_corvette_XWM.png
1MB, 2200x1475px
>>383282196
In retrospect, I should have been posting images also, just to kill the thread faster
>>
>>383282080
Nah I prefer those 80s drawings or album cover art by Yes by that famous SF artist, but sadly I've forgotten the name.

>>383282180
You mean.. they have had 5 years, an astronomical budget with FREE marketing and so far they have produced absolutely nothing?

You realize you are looking at a life presentation of mismanagement, right?

A small 20 man sized software company could create all those slides within a fucking year, with only 10 mill budget and that would be nothing special.

Just how dense are you fanboys?
>>
>>383282650
>Nah I prefer those 80s drawings or album cover art by Yes
IS THAT
>>
>>383281796
>Chris
Do you even see the big white logo on the image you're replying to?
>>
>>383281823
No, it's an intentionally bloated busybody project to pay his self and his team to do busybody work done for high-ticket whales who will donate perpetually for yet-to-be-created immaterial packs of data so long as any progress is made at all.
It's a normal business, working for the money, that's designed its product to pay out before being finished. It's an insanely overpriced toy, and they all do it because they're all BEING PAID.
Business isn't just adding money until your team can buy the product made, its working for money because you were trained to and you need it.
All (ALL) the money goes to the people, their infrastructure, and their assets. Everyone at Star Citizen headquarters is leaving loaded.
>>
File: 1394026874041.jpg (50KB, 373x319px) Image search: [Google]
1394026874041.jpg
50KB, 373x319px
OKay faggots i think i've figured it out just now, we're all being stupid.

The reddit spacing is because when you open the quick reply window it's all small and cramped by default so when you write some it looks like a real block of text while in fact it fits into a single line.
>>
Why doesn't anyone realize that most of the shit they're promising isn't even feasible with current technology? Fuck releasing in three years, the game as promised won't even be remotely possible for another ten at least.
>>
File: 1498550794405.png (212KB, 338x353px) Image search: [Google]
1498550794405.png
212KB, 338x353px
>>383282716
Do you not realize he's shitposting this shitpost thread?
>>
>>383282430
> getting so mad about opinions you dont agree with that you want the thread to end.

Sounds like we've found the redditor among us
>>
>>383281884
You're thinking of double spacing for your English teacher so she can write in the margins, my friend.
>>
>>383281978
these people have some pretty immense faith that nothing will come of a game thats already halfway done and already innovated more than most games in the past decade

>>383282650
>and so far they have produced absolutely nothing?

wow man, you really are fucking pathetic. there have been plenty of threads with webms, plenty of youtube videos

It already has more interesting, innovative and refreshing gameplay than For Honor, which was bought by millions

kill yourselves you salty as fuck consolefag retards
>>
File: 0 (1).jpg (482KB, 1951x1980px) Image search: [Google]
0 (1).jpg
482KB, 1951x1980px
>>383282973
>Found the redditor
>That spacing
>>
>>383283025
>game thats already halfway done
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAH
>>
File: 1499399161666.jpg (58KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1499399161666.jpg
58KB, 600x900px
>>383282948
Fuck off Derek Smart.
>>
>>383283075
its already a better game than for honor even if that game had no network problems

you fags are literally delusional

my fucking sides
>>
>>383281823
> not understanding how budgetting works
> thinking game companies have such budgets to burn in a growth market economy

No on all counts. Gaming is maybe bigger than hollywood, but the profit margins are pathetic compared to hollywood, so no 16k coffee makers sir, unless you have an incompetent at the helm.
>>
>>383283180
And we're the delusional ones HAHAHAA
>>
>>383282852
> thinking fanboys will understand the term whale
althoug it's an apt term, if I saw the pictures of some of the ''bigger'' donors, kek

It's the same thing with bloated budgets by government. after a while the bureaucracy kicks in and you basically have an army of paid servants that will vote for you to support your agenda, as long as you keep feeding them a steady stream of salary.
>>
File: 1463013347780.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463013347780.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>383283159

>Mfw they showed off the seemless planetary entry and landings right after Derek said that wouldn't be possible for years
>>
>>383282883
yeah no shit thats about when it started happening, when they added quick reply years ago

>all these newfags

>>383283332
>> not understanding how budgetting works

most games have to blow half their budget on marketing, if not more

>>383283372
>Millions of people throw $60 at a pile of boring broken shit like for honor, a similarly mindless contextless game of deathmatches

>"S-star citizen isnt a game guise they havent finished it yet all they have is deathmatches except no im gonna pretend that doesnt exist and doesnt justify millions of sales, im not the deluded one i swear"

you come off as being more emotionally invested in this than i am somehow, how pathetic
>>
>>383283767
>for honor is the only game in the world
>for honor was released
>SC deathmatch as as shit as for honor
>>
>>383283767
but marketing is actually useful you daft cunt, it gives an ROI. The fact that SC collected so much money and has so many drones like you shilling for it is actually a good thing as it allows for more marketingbudget to be allocated for development. Other AAA titles that dont get so much free publicity have to buy it from online sites, commercials, facebook et cetera. So for projects other than fan-hyped dreck like SC i'ts actually very wise to reserve a lot for marketing, as the core market in gaming is pretty stupid (or rather the pc term: gaming is heavily marketing focussed)

However: you dont get a good ROI by blowing your budget on custom made doors, coffee makers, foolish stretch goals, cancelled fps games. Are you being retarded on purpose?
>>
>>383274171
Calling other cucks while defending a scam, you are fucking pathetic
>>
>>383284041
for honor sold millions of copies despite having a fucking broken network and having nothing but deathmatches and mountains of cancerous DLC cosmetic crate bullshit

SC has deathmatches which actually took significant software innovation, rather than just writing basic scripts and making your game about some shitty animations

and yet people complain more about SC, letting companies like ubisoft continue to fuck your ass raw, and act like this game is a huge scam instead when it doesnt even claim to be finished, like for honor

what a time to be alive
>>
>>383284563
>t, cultist
>>
>>383284563
SC is a broken and unfinished vertical slide which was paid for in advance by fools.
For honor was pre paid by a publisher, so nobody got invested, that's the difference.

Imagine blowing more than 60 euros on a game that will probably never get made, hahahaha:)

Imagine Nokia telling you: Hey gimme money up front, imma design a new phone, you MIGHT be able to get it for that price in a few years. This is why the gaming audience is considered immature.
>>
>>383278348
goddamn..you want this game so fucking bad you'll believe anything, won't you? So glad I'll never be you, fucking sad mate, real fucking sad.
>>
>>383283589
Right. The only thing that truly bothers me at this point is these naive 'investors' aren't aware enough to realize that this is merely a capitalist venture. You have people talking about how the coffee machine is only a minuscule portion of the budget, while being completely incapable of noticing the rest of the money goes to paying for THREE HUNDRED employees' upper-middle-class lifestyle and finances. This is just work! You are born, train yourself to be able to work so you can make money, then you either join someone else's business or make one of your own, so that you can turn your work into MONEY. And this business, like so many others, was made up for the sole purpose of creating work, to get paid! They don't leave your cash under some elvish tree and come back to find a finished product, they pay out money-needing individuals to work at competitive prices, who have trained themselves to be laid at a high cost, who then Receive the money, go home and spend it on decided needs and luxuries. Star Citizen is just a fuckin business, they're doing it to get paid. They made all this up to do business, and they did everything they could (such as selling artificially scarce data as if it was limited property for $30k) to let this project be as much payable business as possible.
If you ever for a second think this or any other business of this calibir, especially in entertainment, are designing this to make as much money as absolutely possible, then you're ignorant to what a workforce is, why people to business, and what an investor even is.
Just because they were able to think of something you wanted to pay for does not make them your friends, and it certainly doesn't make them immune to scrutiny.
>>
>>383284408
>consolefags get cucked out of good graphics, performance and gameplay, falling victim to false advertising every time a game comes out, since they usually show off the highest graphics which only PCfags get, or lie about framerate or have "dynamic resolution rendering"

>b-but you're paying for a game thats not finished

lawd what a cuck i am, 35$ for the best space combat game ever made, just because it hasnt literally and figuratively reached the stars yet

stay mad

>>383284890
>For honor was pre paid by a publisher, so nobody got invested, that's the difference.

yeah they didnt "invest", they got wholly cucked out of a finished game and couldnt return it because they're consolefags and you dont have that privilege

but oh no SC combat doesnt exist, its a scam, but for honor is totally a finished game worth $60 to all thoes people who now cant return it, even though its basically just as barebones as SC and has broken networking

>>383285282
either refute the above or all of this can be chalked up to

>wahhh its PC exclusive, or i desperately need to be a part of a group shitting on others because i have nothing else going on in my life

spending 0.013% of your businesses budget on a coffee machine doesnt sound that out of the blue

console games are in an absolutely abysmal state, and if you think this is scam, you have to admit so are some games that sell millions on console, which you fags hardly even complain about
>>
>4 cutless's land on a moon
>14 fps
>>
>>383285282
Consider it a very cheap but effective lesson for an army of retards. If they weren't ripped for a relatively tiny amount by CR 35-15k dollars, they would be ripped by a more skilled scam artist later on when they would have to move to their own home, their own financial situation and be responsible for that.

Remember, these are IDIOTS, anybody would take advantage of these morons in the long run. IT's just that with our current welfare state tehre's less direct consequences to fiscal immaturity. If you sold your entire harvest for a 'magic bean' in the middle ages your family would just die horribly of hunger. IF you donate all your money to Chris Roberts you will still be fed and get to play games (other than SC because that will never come out, haha)

Consider it cheap education, no need to get mad about what is pretty funny in the first place.

I'm just enjoying the ental gymnastics these poor fucks go through to explain their bad spending habbits.

It's maybe even a funnel akin to a gambling addict, I should look into this.
>>
>>383285768
>ever "made"

Fuck you are pathetic
>>
>>383285768
> pc gamer complaining about return policy
kek PC gaming is the most cucked after adopting fucking steam. Remember when the steam sales where good? Remember how faggots like you are still defending ''HIGHER PRICING'' of sales nowadays and removal of flash sales, pretty much cementic Steam as the sole monopoly?

> muh 0.013%
That's endemic of misspending, if you misspend it on a coffee machine, you also misspend it elsewhere across your entire company, thus bloating costs, you fucknut.
>>
>>383286063
yes, the part of the game im talking about, the combat and deathmatches, is already made, and its pretty great

you are so fucking delusional, there are so many videos that have been posted on 4chan and tons of video is on youtube, but you stay in denial for no apparent reason, i guess just to shit on people

you should probably kill yourself
>>
File: shillcitizen.png (8KB, 225x76px) Image search: [Google]
shillcitizen.png
8KB, 225x76px
Why haven't you bought a capship yet, /v/?
>>
>>383285768
> lawd what a cuck i am, 35$ for the best space combat game ever made, just because it hasnt literally and figuratively reached the stars yet

This would be considered poor reverse trolling where it not that SC backers are among the dumbest of the /v/ community.

Even amiibo catching nintendr-ones are wiser than you are.
>>
>>383263882
.. what?
>>
>>383263857
Yeah but Elite Dangerous isn't a fun game, you forgot that part.
>>
>>383286586
it got made though, within budget, time and it has its share of fans.
SC so far has nothing to show for it. Why are you defending a failed project?
>>
File: const.jpg (8KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
const.jpg
8KB, 259x195px
I laugh at all the investors that threw away their money on the Burj Khalifa. It's been years and it's nowhere near completion. Just look at it!
>>
>>383286352
> ITS ALREADY DONE
> refers to videos because he can't play this part of the ''game'' on his computer
yeah, this one's done alright.
>>
>>383286179
>Remember how faggots like you are still defending ''HIGHER PRICING'' of sales nowadays and removal of flash sales, pretty much cementic Steam as the sole monopoly?

No?

And we can play games for two hours and return them on steam. And games are cheap.

"muh monopoly, you're so cucked"

dude what, i can buy shit from GoG or other software distribution services or just pirate it if i want, it isnt a "monopoly" just because one business provides a service better than all the rest, thats a result of natural healthy competition

>>383286865
>> refers to videos because he can't play this part of the ''game'' on his computer
>yeah, this one's done alright.

oh so now because i havent personally posted webms that ive recorded on my computer, i supposedly cant play it?

i get 60fps in the deathmatches on my 6gb gtx 1060 last time i checked

sorry i dont have enough autism to learn how to take webms that arent compressed as shit and garbage looking thanks to 4chans 3mb file size
>>
>>383286859
> comparing one of the richest oilstates in the world to a crowdfunding budget helmed by a guy whose final 2 projects have tanked hard and went over budget

You can only find such apt market analysis on /v/
>>
>>383286394

Because the game's not at a state where I'd actually want to play it yet. Might throw in for the game and a small ship when 3.0 comes out
>>
>>383287048
>it's different guys! We promise! Now please spend your money on skyrim VR and the paid mods.
>>
>>383287038
> pretending console gaming isn't completely DRM free for the vast majority of its games
> pretending 2 hour gametime before return is a good thing

truly cucked!
>>
>>383286859
Do you think Burj Khalifa or any other Emirates megaprojects are actually profitable? They just keep building them because they have oilbux and would rather burn them on useless show-off constructions than actually investing them in long term sustainable industries
>>
>>383287209
> getting called out on highly retarded statement
> HAAAH YOU MUST LIKE SKYRIM BRO

hahahaha oh wow
>>
>>383287267
>moving the goal posts

It's alright anon, just because your favorite early access game couldn't break 10k on kickstarter doesn't mean you have to put down every success.
>>
>>383286735
>has nothing to show for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du6LKauCt1M

>ITS LITERALLY NOTHING, AVERT YOUR EYES, SCAM, SCAM

>*goes and pays $60 for the latest rehashed DLC ridden half finished console game
>>
>>383255937
>"S-S-S-SHUT UP!!!!"
>>
>>383287349
Please leave Todd.
>>
you can put 50 bucks into the next bullshit AAA game you have already played 20 times, or you can put it into something you actually want to play, but accept that there is a risk.

Your choice. I'd rather my money go to something that I haven't played before.
>>
>>383287481
Taht's a really nice vertical slice of 2 spaceships shooting on a nasa rig. Farcry from your MMO type game wouldnt you think?

How's the game btw>>383287661
? OH WAIT THERE ISNT ONE.

>>383287661
t. gambler
>>
>>383286352
Scam citizens cultist calls me delusional and in denial lol
>>
>>383262379
>are these actual flaws

Uh, yes

>this post reeks of third hand account.

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?
>>
>>383287661
Or you think rationally and can let other people risk their money and buy the game if and when it's actually finished and is confirmed to be good
>>
>>383263009
>"HEH, WRONG, IT'S ACTUALLY A SOLID 25 FPS!"

SC fags will defend anything
>>
File: 1495940948723.png (205KB, 351x393px) Image search: [Google]
1495940948723.png
205KB, 351x393px
Holy fucking shit the amount of damage control being poured into this thread.
SCultists are just going to get angrier and even more defensive until the inevitable collective suicide.
>>
>>383285768
There's no divisive argument or anything to refute, I'm simply reiterating how capitalism and business works to people who seem to think that anything that isn't embezzlement must automatically be virtuous and generous business practice. They are doing it for the money, and Chris decides how much himself, his friends, and all the people he selected get paid with the money he does everything he can to make you part with. What the fuck is this $30k starship shit? You think that's a 'symbiotic' relationship with your investors? Chris chose that price because he wanted more money for him and his team, and he knew some addict would pay for it. He's enabled the public to invest thousands of sheer fortunes on a project that he lets grow incomplete just so he and his can get paid more!

And I have a PC that can run Star Citizen you fucking git. I'll even buy and play it at regular price when it comes out and it's good. You're not even on my level of conversation, I'm discussing business and the morality of keeping a project unfinished and enabling naive people to over-in eat in what they don't understand so that you and your team can get paid more. You're such a basic bitch that you think I'm talking about how cool my fucking Nintendo is. You ARE a naive investor if your argument against skepticism is to lie to yourself that they're all consolefags.
>>
I haven't spent a penny on the game, but I am looking forward to it. Every ATV I watch gets me that little bit more excited.
>>
>>383263515
>ludicrously ambitious

Yeah, it's the one of the biggest scams in gaming in years.
>>
Remember the delusional fags who defended and praised NMS right up to the last minute? They are nothing comoared to the delusional scfags, its so fucking pathetic
>>
File: sc.jpg (328KB, 1911x1053px) Image search: [Google]
sc.jpg
328KB, 1911x1053px
>>383286458
ok sweetie, i bet all those anime dolls were well worth your money, but not this SCAM

https://youtu.be/EXIaj4NstiE?t=374

>>383287774
>its only a mindless deathmatch, ITS NOT A GAME

>for honor and other mindless trash console games arent scams thoough, even though people cant even play a game without getting kicked, because it was a "finished" product when it was released, even though it wasnt

really makes you think
>>
>>383287469
Both Star Citizen and Burj Khalifa are disgusting monuments to our vanity.
>>
File: ark11.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
ark11.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>383287948
>games that arent out yet shouldnt aim for graphics best for hardware that isnt the best or even out yet

thats a recipe for failure

this game runs like shit and it sells millions, despite also looking like total shit on console

lmao, thanks for beta testing
>>
>>383288424
>building big things is disgusting

Are you even human?
>>
>>383287469
Just pointing out that your analogy sucks. And I'm not seeing any success yet.
>>
>>383288119
I'm the other guy you've been discussing the mismanagement of SC with. But why would you be angry over a relatively small scam like this? Be angry over bigger things, there's absolutely ground shaking scams going on. False wars, people being imprisoned for nothing..

Dont get mad over some gullible fools losing some money they dont need to survive, though I applaud your attempts to educate idiots like this one >>383287038 over here.
>>
>>383288545
fuck me i put one too many negatives in that greentext due to rewording lol
>>
>>383288280
you are pathetic, by the way im making a spacegame called Space citizens, it will be like real life but space, send me 2k $
>>
>>383278983
so even if he was already rich, does that excuse the ridiculous monetization system? paying hundreds of dollars for an ingame ship with better stats?

SC fags will defend ANYTHING
>>
>>383288280
> still posting vertical slides and pretending that's a game

what's that weird obsession you ahve with for honor? You're mad your girlfriend bought you that instead and ordered you to stop giving Chris Roberts your retirement fund? haha.
>>
>>383287481
Seriously? So you've pretty much written a fictional consolefag character for you to yell at when you hear skepticism about Star Citizen? You have him in your head fumbling around buying things he doesn't enjoy and mishandling his money? lol I guess if I was worried If I had made a bad investment then I'd be daydreaming about someone stupider than me too.

No seriously,I'm glad you're having fun. Unfortunately by right fandom Star Citizen has a total right to exist and it's great that you're able to follow it so happily. But what the fuck is all this freaking out over consoles? Nobody is having that conversation but you, it makes you kind to reason.
>>
>>383287948
I got 60 fps just fine with my friend's desktop.
>>
>>383288545
ARK and any other EA game I can think of can be played at over 25 fps. 25 fps on a super computer is in-excusable
>>
>>383288931
>So you've pretty much written a fictional consolefag character for you to yell at when you hear skepticism about Star Citizen? You have him in your head fumbling around buying things he doesn't enjoy and mishandling his money?

If that wasnt the case, why is it so fucking hard for you dipshits to just admit that for honor is a similarly bare, contextless and unfinished game?

its not finished just because some publisher said it is and pushed a release date

what morons
>>
Lolling at that pathetic child who cant stop screeming consolecuck while defending this piece of shit scam, fucking retard
>>
>>383283712
So they can prototype fast. And?
>>
>>383288280
wow.....looks just like.....every other poorly done space sim out there.
>>
>>383289360
Even though For Honor was shit it did came out and it is playable while scam shitizen is not
>>
>>383288639
You're right, I'm honestly less bothered by SC itself (since it has a real right to business by virtue of having these crazy investors), and am more livid at the clueless fools and their money that this almost normal company has set Wild to scream 'consolefag' and betray their own well-being thinking this corporation is their cool best friend.
GOOD INVESTORS DONT GIVE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT, STOP TRYING AND FAILING TO TALK PEOPLE OUT OF HEALTHY FINANCIAL SKEPTICISM.
>>
>>383288931
>>383289360
> control F 'for honor' holy shi-!

see >>383288858
What did For Honor do to you anon? Did it poop on your dad?
>>
>>383270614
>>383272091
>I'm not a consolefag, I swear!
>>
File: IMG_1214.jpg (82KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1214.jpg
82KB, 1024x576px
I put down 40 bones on SC back in 2012, should I get a refund?
>>
File: 371.jpg (60KB, 300x341px) Image search: [Google]
371.jpg
60KB, 300x341px
>>383289395
Not even him. I'm laughing at you niggers that are so pathetic you spend your saturdays shitposting video games.
>>
>>383289737
Well if that upsets you, I think /v/ might not be the board for you, with al lthe consolefaggotry and all. But granted, SC fans are a special breed of infant that truly is pathetic.
>>
>>383289360
Nobody in this thread has ever said For Honor was good, only that it was finished. You have repeatedly accused everyone who says something you don't like about SC of being a consoledrone, and you are fucking wrong.
>>
File: IMG_1103.png (229KB, 734x1110px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1103.png
229KB, 734x1110px
>>383290153
>posts weebshit
>>
File: 1397954558779.jpg (604KB, 1836x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1397954558779.jpg
604KB, 1836x2448px
>>383290209
>Special breed of infant
>This entire thread of shitposting
This place isn't even a parody of neogaf anymore, it has become neogaf.
>>
>>383290153
Sure showed me :^}
>>
>>383290554
No, Neofag is much worse man.
>>
Honestly I think that anon may have learned something just now
>>
>>383287774
from what there is to play atm, its pretty cool.

>>383287853
It's not rational to think something would be made without any capital investment. The word you are looking for is parasite. Which is fine, no one said you had to get in on it.

If you're happy with the gaming industry in general I can see why you wouldn't be interested. However I preferred the emergent gameplay that happened in gaming during the 90's.
>>
>>383290375
>Nobody in this thread has ever said For Honor was good, only that it was finished.

>finished

>barebones deathmatches just like SC

>Oh except it has fucking network issues making you disconnect every other game, unlike SC deathmatches

>only one of these games is a scam

top kek

i had no idea going this for honor angle would actually work, i would think you'd just admit it was a shit unfinished game and call us all losers, which is arguably true, but for some reason you cant, as if you actually think that game is worth $60, but paying $35 for some of the best spaceship dogfighting is being a scammed loser

there really is no explanation unless you think for honor is actually a great game and is worth near $60 despite its fucking network problems becuase you're a consolefag used to that kind of shit, who's mad he's getting cucked out of SC
>>
>>383292103
>investment
The word you are looking for is donation. Wanting to buy a finished product is now a form of parasitism? You SCultists are really a weird bunch.
>>
>>383292168
Come back when scam shitizen is released
>>
>>383292103
>if you buy finished products then you are a psrasite

Damn you scucks are so fucking pathetic
>>
>>383292168
I don't think For Honor is worth $60 you presumptuous brat. I didn't buy it, I don't have an Xbox. I only play on PC. If SC comes out and it's good then I will buy it even at $60 and spend time playing it, and THAT will be worth more than For Honor, which is a game I personally would not play for free.
Star Citizen is fine, deserves to exist, will probably come out, and is high expensive and ambitious but survives because of real support.
BUT ALSO, Chris Roberts is a self-interested capitalist who would send you to the poorhouse if it meant that money went to him or his team. He is beyond handsomely paid, and has a history of failure and inefficiency that absolutely disqualifies him from having the good faith needed for sane investors to believe he is spending their money wisely. He wants your cash, he signs his own paychecks, and he's not frugal enough to avoid bragging about having a Yacht or buying a $30k coffee maker for the office.
He's not making the most out of your money, but you can be damn sure he hates giving away too much of his. Don't defend his extravagance.
>>
>>383292810
>disconnecting from every other game
>finished

>similar game with much less connection issues, if any
>total scam because it's still aiming to achieve much more

How long are we going to go in circles because you conveniently can't remember what was said 5 seconds ago?

Jesus
>>
>>383292168
>but paying $35 for some of the best spaceship dogfighting is being a scammed loser

ROFL tragicomedy at its finest
>>
>>383293753
>released game

>unreleased game

Its obvious that you are a retard because you defend scam citite but even you should understand the difference
>>
>>383293227
>He is beyond handsomely paid, and has a history of failure and inefficiency that absolutely disqualifies him from having the good faith needed for sane investors to believe he is spending their money wisely

hence: kickstarter cultists :)

'' no fuck those evil corporations that dont understand fgood art can be profitable!!!''
>>
>>383293753
How long are you going to keep misreading posts, to wrongly think they're about For Honor?
>>
This shit is NMS 2, a hardcore retarded fanbase protects it even tho its becoming clearer that its just a giant scam and lies
>>
>>383293227
>BUT ALSO, Chris Roberts is a self-interested capitalist who would send you to the poorhouse if it meant that money went to him or his team.

Ok

But let's not pretend the entire gaming industry isnt in a similarly pathetic state, otherwise SC probably wouldn't exist, or would be made in the typical way, with maybe less ambitions, but without donations

I don't mean to defend them as much as I mean to give people perspective on how shitty the games they play are as well if they think this is nowhere near worth 35-60 dollars
>>
>>383294160
>It's finished because we said so

How much is Ubisoft paying you?
>>
>>383294463
its not, stop your false equivalency. a normal investor would immediately pull funds or tell chris to immediately get his act together or threaten him with a lawsuit. Drones like you can't do any of that, worse: YOU ACTUALLY DEFEND HIM!
>>
>>383294463
>paying for games
nigger, where do you think you are? actual /v/ posters who aren't shills pirate their shit.
>>
>>383288858
>posting vertical slides and pretending that's a game

So you're basically going to say that the game doesn't exist at all until it's 100% done?
>>
>>383294643
> pretending SC can be compared to ANY released game

KYS
>>
>>383294643
Its released

How much are you paying for scam citizen? :)
>>
>>383294289
Oh yes, this is a good point too, and is important for everyone.
Chris Roberts and Star Citizen are a cold blooded corporation that are trying to bleed you dry, same as always. Kickstarter has let you believe they are somehow grassroots or 'the good guys', but they are a fucking corporation and you are literally paying to suck their cock if you let them take your money and are still defending them against skeptics.
>>
>tfw you play a space sim that has more depth than SC will ever have
>y-you are just addicted to shitty games, sc isn't a s-scam, r-reee
>>
>>383294749
Is SC in a playable state y/n? If the answer is no then its'not released.

And it's OBVIOUSLY not playable. It's not even pre-alpha. Dont defend hubris, cuckboi.
>>
File: 1493287046230.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493287046230.gif
2MB, 400x400px
OP Here

I don't regret making this thread
,I know virtually nothing about this game,I just watched a documentary on this game and decided to make a thread because i knew people would get pissed off from either side. So thanks Lads
>>
>>383294463
Kickstarter's just another way to get paid more by less educated people, who are still starry-eyed that they even have the option to invest, and generally get enough satisfaction watching a feed to care if the game is actually coming along. Don't lose your head thinking this is sweet and free for being 'anti-corporate', Chris is a CEO running a business to pay for his yacht, who opted to go for the type of funding that doesn't come with accountability.
>>
>>383295365
sauce or lies
>>
>>383294672
If the industry wasn't in shambles someone more competent than Chris might be able to be found to head a project like this

This is a retarded hypothetical lol

>>383294740
You can't pirate multiplayer games

For honors sales aren't a lie or conspiracy

>they're still at I'm

I'm lmao

>>383294971
Elite?

That shits so boring, and I even did an exploit to get a hundred mil in just a couple hours I think

Barely makes a difference, still boring and pointless because there's no incentive for players to interact for any reason
>>
File: 32.png (26KB, 782x181px) Image search: [Google]
32.png
26KB, 782x181px
>>383295564
>>
>>383295365
>OP is a literal faggot
>>
>>383295312
No one is pretending that it's released though. It's just laughable that you can actually play decent chunks of it but people will still pretend that there's zero game being made somehow
>>
The technology and funding doesn't even exist for a project this ambitious. Just throwing money in the toilet.
>>
>>383288858
It's kind of amusing to see this guy pop up in every thread with the same lack of capitalisation and throwing the term 'vertical slide' around, which I can only assume is a typo for the vertical slice of Squadron 42 which they canned in favour of actually making the game.

Either way, get a life holy shit.
>>
>>383295763
> confusing your idiocy by giving an incompetent money with competence

ROFL

it starts with the assumption that highly experienced professionals whose sole job it is to monitor game development somehow do a less good job than a retard like you who has ZERO oversight on a cash grabber like CR.

You really thought you were smarter than the likes of EA, whose literal job it is to monitor, assess and adjust projects like SC? Why do you think Chris never attracted funding? Was it maybe because his wing commander movie was a trainwrek? Maybe because he bailed out of the absolute failure that was his last clusterfuck? Maybe the investors saw through his little vertical slide scheme and knew this fuck would buy 16k coffee makers were he allowed to?

Dumbshit :)

Kickstarter backers truly are romantic people, in the most gullible sense. But keep talking, you amuse me:)
>>
>>383295870
I mean the documentary. I wanns see it.

>>383295917
THE VERTICLE SLIDES ARE REAL!

Yeah, we know. That's not a game though.
>>
File: Moon.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Moon.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>383296559
>ROFL
This entire post reeks of 9gag or some shit.
>>
>>383296412
> /v/ is one person
I literally have not been in a SC thread for weeks, sorry anon.
Also: the entirety of SC are vertical slices, I'm sorry if this confuses you.
>>
>>383295415
I was saying the state of the industry is why early access is happening

I mean hell look at all the "prepurchase" bullshit that preceded it, it's obvious the industry was headed in the shitter and in this direction

Publishers don't have the balls to fund anything truly ambitious, that doesn't mean SC will achieve everything it hopes or even not flop, but I think something decent will probably come of it still

But it doesn't help when the loads of people with low enough standards to buy trash like for honor all scream SCAM and continue buying other equally shitty games and discourage people from buying this because they're salty they don't have a computer that can run it, I can only imagine

>>383296559
Wew lad, calm down, I didn't care that much, I don't think I had heard of kickstarter even by then before this game

This game preceded most kickstarter games which are failures, I wasn't throwing money at them to defeat the industry or some shit, I was skeptical then anyway too. I just like space games and would have been happy with even half the game they promised back then before it's funding and scope exploded ten fold
>>
>>383297007
Nah, I'm just going to assume you're a pathetic samefag who's been posting with one minute increments stalking every SC thread, because that's what it is.

Go reflect upon your measly existence.
>>
>>383296802
Fuck, this is just insane
>>
>>383296802
> keeps posting useless webms that prove nothing
wheres THE GAMEEEEEE
>>
File: Rattlers.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rattlers.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>383297235
You mean this one that you can play right now?
>>
>>383297150
> talks about how he thinks he sees one person posting in every SC thread
> forgets that for that reasoning to work he himself must be present in every SC thread

hahaha oh wow

And no, I haven't been in a SC thread for weeks. Maybe more 1-2 months ago was the last time. I've been busy with other things, have you?

>>383297325
> 15 fps 1v1 arena shooter
much impressed
>>
>>383262440
And Ford came out of that unscathed unlike the other two of the "Big Three".

Calm your tits.
>>
I wouldn't say that Star Citizen is a scam, but YandereSim is
>>
>>383297565
That's what you get for expecting something from people without chins.
>>
>>383297467
I don't know, you're the only retard who got 'vertical slides' wrong, nobody's ever said something like that except your retarded ass until I corrected you.

You also have a pretty distinct writing style that reeks of idiocy. You also forget to separate replies between so called 'other people which you definitely aren't samefagging', you gotta reply to those separately when you samefag bruh.
>>
>>383292568
No, wanting a product to exist that would not exist without something like kickstarter is hypocritical. Go ahead, never buy it, that's your choice. But playing both sides of the argument is parasitic.

What those who don't understand about SC make the mistake of is assuming such a thing would happen without crowd funding. Publishers only want COD2040 now with the amount of capital necessary for AAA games.
Anyways, it doesn't matter. IF SC comes out it will lead to a better industry as a whole, and you will reap the benefits. If that happens, hopefully some will have the maturity to realize that it wouldn't happen without a the long term vision SCs backers have had.
>>
>>383265014
jesus fuck dude, you can charter a small boat like that off capri for 40 europs.
>>
>>383255736
it seems relatively boring in a lot of ways.

Like Space-Combat in it is basically ww2 dogfights without any of the "difficulties" associated with it, (Engine-Management, "Do-Not-Exceed" limits/Wing-loading, Gravity/crashing into the ground, Altitude-Differences in Engine-efficiency, etc.).

Doesn't seem to have the difficulties associated with the few spaceflight sims either, like there's probably no real challenge in things like rendezvous with orbiting stations, or Re-Entry, or even landing-strips/Horizontal landing. (everything is VTOL, which screams "we need casuals to be able to land without problems").
>>
>>383297702
> get completely btfo on faulty reasoning
> revert to ad hominem

haha, it's okay bro, no need to get paranoid.
>>
>>383297863
He doesn't really need to anyway since he's been a millionaire for quite a while now.

Not sure why people aren't entitled to a 2-week vacation in I think like two years of working on the game/building the company at the time.
>>
>>383266804
Fake as fuck
>unless you have a link straight to that, then I'll be damned.
>>
>>383297983
Did you actually have an argument? I only saw some retard flailing around and throwing a tantrum. I'm really sorry if that wasn't the case. Maybe you should calm down and write it down more concisely next time.
>>
>>383297325
Thats a demo not the game :)
>>
>>383298007
I know that, but I've had one of those boats for a 2 hour trip with the missus from capri in italy, cost 40 euros, which is fuck all, also, don't go to naples, aids filled shithole.
>>
>>383298143
I'm sorry but you can stop trying to distract me with your petty insults. It's abundantly clear you are just really angry that most people call out SC as a scam and this conflicts with the ideologic narrative that spins in your mind.

We all went there as kids, therefore it's not hard for adults to understand a childlike mind.
>>
>>383270320
To be perfectly honest I'm surprised that Apple / Google / other "top 10" corporations don't have private armies yet.
>>
File: laughing dragon lady.gif (864KB, 160x270px) Image search: [Google]
laughing dragon lady.gif
864KB, 160x270px
>>383298295
>no u, the post
Better luck next time Derek.
>>
>>383297979
>no real challenge in things like rendezvous with orbiting stations

Dude you want a game like this with physics like KSP? now that would be vapor ware

I like how the criticism went from
>i-it's not a game

To

>I-it's not literally simulating the entire universe and laws of nature precisely while also already being the most ambitious game ever made even without that macroscale of physics
>>
>>383298447
I like how fanboys of any camp always try to post some ''evil guy's name'' to posters they dont agree with. I guess its easier to think it's just a minority of 2-3 people instead of the vast majority that collectively laughs at your idiocy. Mental gymnastics at its finest.

Did your hivemind come up with that derek meme at your echo chamber in plebbit anon? haha.

Also explain to me how 150 million dollars, 5 years of dev time is acceptable for just a vertical dogfight slice and 2 unwanted fps vertical slices (BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT CRY ENGINE IS MOSTLY GOOD AT)
>>
Not really. The kind of shit they're making would take years to fully complete, especially given how much they're having to rewrite Cryengine/Lumberyard.

That being said, I'm expecting it to pull another No Man's Sky. We just need to face the facts that open exploration space games are boring as fuck. Most planets/moons are empty as fuck and are tedious to explore (as they would be in real life after the initial honeymoon period), and making such a game online where griefing can run rampant will only make the boredom even more intolerable.

I wish them the best, but ultimately, I think the game is going to be fun for a week and grow stale fast afterward.
>>
>>383298847
Not him but it's painfully obvious how samefag you are, and how clear it is you're just moving on the the next nitpick to shitpost about. Get a life, and while you're at it, learn what a vertical slice is. The context you're using it in would be more of a horizontal slice.

Incidentally, before you post on this board: lurk the fuck more.
>>
>>383298812
my point was that it lacks depth compared to similar games/sims/products.
>>
>>383300005
> whining about a typo to a non-native speaker
wew lad you sure convinced me sc isn't a huge scam and a clusterfuck by pointing out a writing-error!

> not him but ... UR SAMEFAGGING!
> proceeds to write in exact same sentence structure as ''other'' poster
tip top kek, I guess that's projection for you.
>>
>>383297730
Don't be stupid, you can easily hope a project you didn't invest in succeeds. What type of poise cuck are you?
>>
>>383300005
> defending the burning of 150 mln dollaridoos

> d-d-dont post here, I can't handle critique of my unmade game>>383300005
>>
>>383300801
That's what you call the smug shitposting in this thread? Hope? kys.
>>
>>383261842
It's been in dev of like 3 years man, this isn't numbered sequel game, you're looking at another 2 to 4 years of development before it's out. Everyone has known this right from the get-go.

That said it is over funded and suffering from major feature bloat.
>>
>>383300220
Name 1 game that has space drifting that feels anywhere near as good as it does in this game

Elite dangerous has it but it feels like you're piloting a rubber duck in that game no matter what you fly
>>
>>383300503
>>383300835
Just so you know, they show new IPs in threads now. That was the 104th unique poster.

Meanwhile, there's you who for some reason uses spaces with their greentext while trying to samefag. It's probably because you keep getting more upset.
>>
>>383301350
> I'm so triggered: the post
ahahahahah

prove to me that I'm samefagging and I'll prove to you that SC isn't released yet.

Oh wait, you can't , and I dont have to prove anything because SC will never be released.
>>
>>383255736
They can triple the shilling budget I'm never buying this game.
>>
>>383301072
> name 1 game
Does that include vertical slices from megalomanic scams or actual, playable and released games?
>>
>>383255736
>yet nothing to show for it

I thought it was gonna be a good attempt to troll up until your last 6 words.
>>
>>383255736

ITT: No one who saw the 3.0 video last week.
>>
>>383302083
>Iwanttobelieve.jpg

>>383302083
>saw video
>didnt get to play content
>>
>>383302083
>"W-W-We're making progress!! Please keep buying our ships!!"
>>
>>383287948
14 ms frame deltas are not even in the same realm of experience as 4 ms. you don't know how basic game technology works.
>>
>>383301954
I guess we should hail every tech demo ever made while we're at it.
>>
>>383302540
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>383302741
idiots like you who dont know how frame rates work.
>>
>>383303027
25 fps being the norm for a game on a modern computer is shit, no amount of autistic rambling is going to change that fact.
>>
>>383303027
SC faggots truly are the new consolecucks
>>
>>383303204
the person said that 25 fps is pretty much the same as 7 as in insult to the other poster.

and both of you are completely ignoring the fact that they are frame delta FLOORS and not the median rates.
>>
>>383303301
nice projections /v/ is filled with morons like you who flunked out of high school and come here and think they know shit about video games just because they play a lot.
>>
File: not-this-shit-again.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
not-this-shit-again.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
I don't get it. You can buy the game and play some of it. And they've regularly added more shit to play with over time.

That's literally the exact opposite of what vaporware is, so why do I see these threads weekly? Sometimes daily?
>>
>>383289189
>ARK and any other EA game I can think of can be played at over 25 fps
You must not have understood his greentext.
>>
>>383303405
and both of you are ignoring the fact that it doesn't matter how you spin it, 25 fps is 25 fps and the fact you guys are sperging so hard to make that seem like some sort of good thing proves how delusional the SC fanbase is.
>>
>>383303910
>argument is that other EA games run like shit, so why shouldn't SC
>yet even the shittiest EA games run better than SC

what didn't I understand?
>>
>>383303931
the only space sims i have ever played are EVE online and Endless Sky and I have no plans to give Star Citizen any money now or in the future.

just pointing out shit posts by shit posters like you. i am out. enjoy this shithole of a board.
>>
>>383303674
I didn't bother going too far back or checking all the posts, but this is one person. I wouldn't be surprised if he's OP as well.

Take a good look at what kind of people keep shitting up this board.
>>383286179
>>383286458
>>383286865
>>383287048
>>383287234
>>383287349
>>383288858
>>383289852
>>383294789
>>383296559
>>383297007
>>383297235
>>383297467
>>383297983
>>383298847
>>383300503
>>383300835
>>383301551
>>383301843
>>
>>383303405
>not being able to notice a floor of 7 fps
kys
>>
>>383304329
>just pointing out shitposters like you-

except nobody knows what you pointed out or what you're trying to prove.

Way to ignore all of my points btw, c ya later
>>
>>383304063
>argument is that other EA games run like shit, so why shouldn't SC
No, the argument is that EA games aren't tightening up the graphics and aiming for hardware that doesn't exist yet, but does when the game will eventually release.

They're being developed on current hardware for current hardware so when they finally hit 1.0 in the future, they will no longer be pushing the latest graphics cards to their limit because they were developed to run on the graphics cards that were available when it was in alpha 0.1
>>
>>383304364
> getting this triggered;)
>>
>>383255736
It's a scam, but the crazy cult around it all makes it a very funny scam
Thread posts: 462
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.