[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened to Episode Prompto /v/ ? Let me preface

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 31

File: aranea.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aranea.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
What the fuck happened to Episode Prompto /v/ ?
Let me preface this by saying that FFXV is fucking terrible from a gameplay perspective.
The game is yet another stain on the franchise, as if 13 wasn't enough.

However, it had some aspects that normies can enjoy, you know it was polished enough, had nice cutscenes and the character interaction was actually pretty good for the most part.

Episode Gladiolus was real fucking short, but it improved the gameplay quite a bit by going to the DMC side of things.
All in all it wasn't terrible.

But episode Prompto?
What the fuck is this shit?
There is no way in hell this was made by the same dev team.
The combat is buggy as all fuck, the dialogue is straight out of Life Is Strange, there's these awkward 10+ seconds pauses where characters just stare at nothing.

There's this fake Open World where you kill monsters for CPU parts to upgrade your snowmotorcycle? What the fuck?
They called Aranea an Imperial, and made her act like some sort of righteous hero, when her whole character revolves around her being a mercenary?

What the fuck is this?
Who made this shit?
Why were there politics right at the end of it?
Why is Polygon shilling for it?

I NEED ANSWERS
>>
>>383249972
Just wait for xv-kun to yell at you
And yeah i think different directors actually work on the DLCs
>>
episode prompto had a different director I think.

I enjoyed it for what it was. a £4 DLC with good music.
>>
>>383249972
I actually have huge buyer's remorse with this DLC. It's not even worth the low asking price. The gunplay is awful, seriously some of the worst I've ever played. Prompto also controls like he's knee deep in molasses. The open segment is pretty whatever and the Snow Mobile is janky as shit, and rocks in the way make you spaz out. The story is lame and predictable as fuck, just like the base game and the final boss is boring, overdrawn turret section. Aranea cant even save this dlc.

XV constantly disappoints me.
>>
File: 1471480724946.jpg (242KB, 1960x1950px) Image search: [Google]
1471480724946.jpg
242KB, 1960x1950px
FFXV will never not be hilarious in how much they fucked it up.
>>
The only good that came out of the episode was Aranea and her new outfit. Damn, that's sad. I fear for Iggy's story now.
>>
>>383249972
>there's these awkward 10+ seconds pauses where characters just stare at nothing
Is this your first brush with japanese fiction?
>>
File: 2KG4CZQ.jpg (80KB, 570x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2KG4CZQ.jpg
80KB, 570x1050px
>>383250402
Fuck you tabata
>>
>>383250335
>XV constantly disappoints me

Whoever came up with the idea that this game should be comprised of content created across different types of media should be fired. A game is a game and should be presented as such. Not half of a game with an anime, a movie, a novella, DLC with additional story content, DLC mini games, cellphone games, and a VR game to supplement everything else. They should throw in a musical, a live action tv series, a manga, a light novel, and a radio show as well at this point.
>>
>>383250303
The music was arguably the worst part.
>>
>>383249972
I had low expectations after 13's debacle.
There was this one reviewer who described 13's problems best. I couldn't find it on youtube, he makes refrence to Toblerone meme if that's any indication. I would like to know his take on 15.
I thought for what it was it was a good incomplete game. Basically I would have liked more maps and over world and then make more dungeons that were apart of the story.
>>
>>383250821
Hahaha money fucking morons! And yet people chug it down anyway. Sad but that's what it's become.
>>
>>383249972
I thought 13 was worse.
>>
>>383250821
blame the "japanese." Especially the guy who made 13, all they want is moe simulators and visual novels.
>>
>>383250821
Look, XV was a big disappointment for me, but if you're going to criticize it at least do it right.

The Movie and Anime are just add-ons to the story. The main story is just in the game.
If you're criticizing FFXV for also having a movie, then I hope you're ready to crucify DMC for having an anime and a manga.
When you say shit like that you just sound retarded anon.

FFXV felt like a telltale game with fake combat put in there for the fuck of it.
I did enjoy the story elements, but it is definitely not a FF game. Its got nothing of FF.
Hell, the fucking MMOs are truer to the franchise than XV was. It's a fucking mess.
>>
File: Final-Fantasy-XV-cover.png (156KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
Final-Fantasy-XV-cover.png
156KB, 900x500px
I fucking need you more than ever
>>
many anons here were falling for the trailers and at the end I was right. The DLC was terrible. When it comes to Square and trailers they are masters of deception, so don't trust them. Ever.
>>
File: 1499472226994.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499472226994.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>383250821
Get used to it.
>>
>>383249972
First FF I played ... 5/10 wouldn't ever replay and said fuck the side quest.
>>
>>383251291
13 sold like shit in Japan, and every game with Lightning after it sold half the amount of the one before it.
>>
>>383251172

They are both terrible and we deserve better.

The worst part is I don't see SE ever improving.
>>
>>383251172
13 was 100 times worse.
I decided to give it a 3rd and last try about a month ago, and god fucking damnit it's worse than I remembered.

Motomu Toriyama should be jailed.
Literally all that man did was:
-Make 2 barely working minigames in 7 (Submarine and moogle treehouse)
-Made Blitzball
-Ruin the story of X with X-2
-Almost killed square enix with XIII
-Fucking Lightning "Not Interested" Farron.
-"I WISH I MADE 7!!! I DESERVE THE GLORY! MOTOMU SHALL RISE!"

Toriyama has this weird fetish for making games that you really dont even control, at all.
Hopefully they just keep him in his basement making retarded mobile games for normies.
>>
>>383251673
What the fuck is that shit? Looks fucking hilarious.
>>
File: final-fantasy-xv-tabata-730x349.png (238KB, 730x349px) Image search: [Google]
final-fantasy-xv-tabata-730x349.png
238KB, 730x349px
>>383251673
>>
>>383251975
Just more quality XV Universe media
>>
>>383251454
I'm sure you can recall that movie scenes were added to the game after the fact (making things confusing for most, mind you) and Prompto's past as depicted in the anime was added to his DLC. All of it should have been included in the game in the first place if they were going to go down that route. Time, money, talent, and resources that could have been used for the game proper were used in alternate media to make up for the fact that it wasn't in the game to begin with. It all looks sloppy.

Do you want to know why there is no issue with the Bayonetta movie or the DMC anime/manga? Because those were not necessary for playing the game and understanding the characters and story. These projects came out after the game was released. They are simply bonus content.

An as an aside, trying to insult me really didn't get you anywhere.

I need to criticize something "right"? As in according to what you dictate is correct? How pompous.
>>
>>383250821
>A game is a game and should be presented as such. Not half of a game with an anime, a movie, a novella, DLC with additional story content, DLC mini games, cellphone games, and a VR game to supplement everything else.

And yet you people praise Nier: Automata.
>>
>>383252786
it's okay when mememan does it
>>
>>383252427
Senpai, there literally is nothing in the movie or the anime series that is vital to understanding the characters.

Prompto's past is talked about and further expanded in the DLC, in game.
The movie scene you're talking about was the assault on Lucis iirc. It's a nice cinematic, but it's definitely not pivotal. You're very much told what happened in Lucis, it's the biggest plot point in the beginning.

You make it sound like without that movie scene you just start out and have no idea the city has been taken over.
Of course I would've preferred having it all in-game, but come on there are WAY bigger issues to criticize.

Saying that you sounded retarded is not an insult, on the contrary it holds you to a higher standard than what you've shown. You can rephrase it as "You're smarter than this".
>>
>>383252786
Nier had a finished, coherent story though.
>>
>>383252786
Nier has stuff like that?
All I'm aware of is a DLC with arenas and lingerie.
I thought the game was amazing, it's definitely complete on its own.
>>
>>383251673
Oh fuck is that the garbage city builder mobage?
>>
>>383253104
He's talking about the play script that expands upon the Drakengard/NieR lore, but it was never vital to understanding NieR: Auto's story.

With XV I felt like important information was being deliberately hidden from me at every turn and that reading the Wiki was essential to understanding just what the fuck was going on.

NieR tells a contained, satisfying story within the Drakengard Universe and even sheds light on plot points through multiple perspectives.
>>
>>383249972
>Why is Polygon shilling for it?
This is the answer. Polygon likes it, so you hate it. You're so brainwashed by /v/ that a site /v/ doesn't like saying something good about a game automatically makes you hate it. That's just sad.
>>
>>383253498
This is where I feel completely alone, I understood the story of XV without having anyone explain it to me. It felt very much simple.
There's a ton of people who couldn't even figure out where the Empire had gone, where the Emperor was and shit, so many that they redid ch13.

>>383253671
Your bait is weak. But I feel generous, so here's a (you).
>>
>>383250821
That's just how Square handles Final Fantasy now, man. Gonna be that way for a while, I suspect. At least until there's another big change in management.
>>
File: DDu1K-iVYAEDiL8.jpg (29KB, 315x552px) Image search: [Google]
DDu1K-iVYAEDiL8.jpg
29KB, 315x552px
>>383251673
>>
>>383253975
Not bait, it's true. A lot of people here are brainwashed. Hell, I was for a few years, that's how I can tell. You've been reprogrammed to hate everything /v/ tells you to hate, even if you don't really understand why. Spend a few months away from this place, it'll do you good.
>>
>>383253975
>There's a ton of people who couldn't even figure out where the Empire had gone, where the Emperor was and shit, so many that they redid ch13.

Well, that being the case, don't you think that maybe it's a strong indicator of a poorly communicated story? I mean if that many people rallied to petition for a retelling of certain plot points, and actually got it, it sounds like Square's acknowledging their mistake.

I actually think other FFs have more moving parts than XV, but are still easier to comprehend. XV isn't actually all that complicated, it's just that a lot of things are either poorly communicated or not communicated at all.
>>
>>383254474
How ironic. These threads are notorious for "critic opinions don't matter, they just don't get it." Remember Kotaku?

You're assuming I was programmed to hate XV from the start, when I was eagerly awaiting it's launching and couldn't wait to play. My opinions are my own and were formed after playing the game. I was sorely let down.
>>
File: cock.jpg (25KB, 421x427px) Image search: [Google]
cock.jpg
25KB, 421x427px
>>383254474
I don't even browse /v/, you sanctimonious faggot
>>
>>383253498
>final true ending is a fucking stage play that somehow manages to make 2B even more worthless than she is in game
>9S backstory is in a fucking book
>2B's personality is in a fucking book
>The major events of the game that shape the characters are in a fucking book
>have to read a fucking book just so the characters don't feel like lifeless 1 dimensional pieces of shit

Explain how this is okay?
>>
>>383254838
After seeing people complain that Ardyn being a bad guy makes no sense and that it came out of left field, I'm beginning to believe that most of the people complaining are just retarded.
>>
File: whatisthisfaggotry.jpg (52KB, 435x379px) Image search: [Google]
whatisthisfaggotry.jpg
52KB, 435x379px
>>383255578
I finished Automata 3 days ago.
I have no fucking clue what that even means.
The characters talk and interact with each other in the game, how are their personalities relegated to books? What books?

The final ending is a stage play?
2B isn't even included in that ending.

Can someone explain what this nigger is on about?
>>
>>383255764
Again, it's with the way it was presented to you. You spend early game driving and camping with him; he's constantly helping you and it seems pretty harmless, especially next to Ravus, who appears at first to be the main villian. Then all of a sudden he murders your waif, starts messing with you on a train, kidnaps your best friend, mocks you.

Can you really blame the majority for not responding positively to this poorly communicated, complete 180?
>>
>>383255971
You could have just used google instead of choosing to reveal yourself as retard.
>>
File: v Spots XV-kun.webm (1020KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
v Spots XV-kun.webm
1020KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>383256192
I can maybe understand that some people didn't get ch13, but Ardyn?
COME ON, he's even got the ominous music whenever he's on screen, how did you not catch onto that?

I would complain that Ardyn being a villain was badly hidden and way too obvious, but I don't think pulling a plot twist on him wasn't their intention at all.
>>
>>383255405
>posts on /v/ while not browsing /v/
You're worse off than I thought
>>
>>383256192
I dunno about you but when a character first appears as "suspicious fellow" that talks and acts like a villain out of Shakespeare play, I tend to not be surprised when they turn out to be an asshole.

What's sad is that SE will continue to listen to the retards and add in even more unneeded cutscenes and shit to explain a story that even a child could understand. While the shit that really needs to be fixed, like the fact that there needs a middle to connect the first and last halves of the game, will never be fixed.
>>
>>383256336
shouldn't that be a webm of fatties jerking off?
>>
>>383256242
You really don't know that there's 4 main endings to Automata?
>>
>>383256431
>>383256508
It's not that people didn't know he was a villian, it's that he was never properly built up to be the main villian. He seemed like that evil henchman that was instructed to follow the protagonist around by a higher power, like Ravus. And when you put Kingsglaive into the mix, that's pretty much what Ardyn seemed like.

I think people were just thrown off by the fact that he was the main villain. With the way he was being set up and with the way Ravus was being set up, I was expecting Ardyn to be like a mid-way boss for the Empire.
>>
>>383256716
You really don't know that there was an ending that was revealed via a stage concert? Or that a bunch of the game's backstory was released in a guide book? No, of course you don't, because you choose to be retarded instead of just using google.
>>
>>383257440
but why does it matter if the story and characters were fleshed out sufficiently in the game itself
>>
>>383257548
Let's not fool ourselves here. The only characters that were fleshed out were 9S and 2B's ass.
>>
Why did they make Aranea so ugly, is she a jew?
>>
>>383257636
She's sleep deprived. She services the sexual needs of all her mercenaries, and it's a difficult job.
>>
File: Glauca_Death.png (2MB, 1366x570px) Image search: [Google]
Glauca_Death.png
2MB, 1366x570px
>tfw best character doesn't even get to do anything
This is pretty much the biggest fault FFXV has; It's incoherent and pointless. Even Noctis' story makes no fucking sense. It's like a Shakespearean tragedy written by eight different people who didn't consult eachother, because that's exactly what it was.

Fucking Square Enix. Just liquidate your assets already.
>>
>>383257614
Nah. I thought even Operator 210 was pretty fleshed out.
>>
>>383257440
Again, I've played the game and only the game.
On its own, Nier stands solid.
If there was some random extra ending revealed in a play, it really doesn't change the fact that the game was complete on its own.

Shit was added to 7 way after its release, but it doesn't change the game itself now, does it?
>>
>>383250821
>manga

One is coming, so you can scratch that out.
>>
File: UmL1Fjm.gif (987KB, 229x176px) Image search: [Google]
UmL1Fjm.gif
987KB, 229x176px
>>383251673
this is from another mobile game, right? unintentially hilarous i have to say. FF15 is the shitstain that keeps on giving.
>>
>>383249972
I agree, the open area in E.Prompto is pointless, and so is the snow-motorcycle upgrade. The combat is clunky as fuck, Aranea being present makes no sense (wait, I guess they will explain that in another DLC), the bosses were bad, specially the last one, and the additional mode, Trials or wherever, is fucking broken.

I liked Episode Gladiolus, the combat was fun, the new area was pretty, the bosses were fucking great (the best in the whole game), and the OST was god tier. Episode Prompto was so disappointing coming from that.
>>
>>383250820
Videogames achieved perfection with Leon's RE4 design
>>
>>383258529
>reveals what happens directly after the ending you get after completing all four endings
>random extra ending
>>
File: pe7sl6Ppg1qhjcgto3_250.gif (2MB, 160x250px) Image search: [Google]
pe7sl6Ppg1qhjcgto3_250.gif
2MB, 160x250px
>>383259058
Character design from '04, '05 were so fucking good.
>>
>>383257749
The fact that we don't get to fight Glauca in game infuriates me to no end.
>>383258886
This is so odd, it seems that people are flipping back and forth regarding Episode Gladio and Episode Prompto.
>>
>>383249972
This game is an unfinished piece of shit, can only be saved by a definitive edition rerelease. When did it become acceptable to release a story based game with the story unfinished and then fill it in for extra money? Game industry is absolute shit
>>
>>383258886
>Aranea being present makes no sense (wait, I guess they will explain that in another DLC)

Look forward to Episode Ardyn where it's explained that Ardyn was not only Aranea at that time, but also every female character in the game.
>>
>>383259317
'03
>>
>>383259325
Whatever positive things you want to say about EP Prompto, the gameplay/gunplay would not be one of them. The enemy AI is especially awful.
>>
File: Heather_outside_lakeside.jpg (400KB, 1473x869px) Image search: [Google]
Heather_outside_lakeside.jpg
400KB, 1473x869px
>>383259402
That wasn't a correction, I forgot my pic
>>
>>383257745
That's hot
>>
>>383259182
How did a subsaharan monkey learn to type?
Where did you get a computer?
Who are you stealing that wi-fi from?

ENDING E
IS
THE
END

GAME IS COMPLETE

When you finish FF7, that's the end.
The end of FF7 is not Advent Children. That's a separate entity, it adds on, but if it was lost the game would still be complete.

Same thing for the play, I have never even heard of it, I just played the entire game blind, and the ending was satisfying, the story complete, and the characters well fleshed out.
what am i even doing replying to this aberrant autism
>>
>>383249972
>bought the Big Dick Tyrone DeShawn certified edition of this game
>missing all this content

at least muh steelbook...
>>
File: 1469114078102.jpg (46KB, 422x353px) Image search: [Google]
1469114078102.jpg
46KB, 422x353px
>literally nothing going right for XV
At least MGS5 had gameplay going for it.

XIII already has a better legacy. How pathetic.
>>
>>383259512
Oh no, the gunplay is straight dogshit. It's more people seemed to like Episode Prompto better.
>>
>>383250821
Have you never played .hack?
>>
>>383251454
>The Movie and Anime are just add-ons to the story.
>the entire fall of Regis's kingdom and the death of Noctis' father and the loss of everything he stood to gain as the fucking Prince of the land is wiped out
>but that's just an 'add-on' to the story
>in-game you get five seconds of muted film footage with ill-fitting music slapped over it because m-muh copyrights and then another five seconds of everyone in some bleached white room staring at the floor going "wow that sucks that your entire kingdom was just destroyed offscreen ANYWAY LETS GET ON WITH OUR BRO TRIP"
>>
>>383259669
I guess because Aranea was in it and that there was a durastic change in scenery compared to EP Gladio and the main game.
>>
File: Ardyn Reviews FFXV.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ardyn Reviews FFXV.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I am so glad I never bought any DLC for this mess of a game.

They could of made the combat not suck but they SOMEHOW MADE IT WORSE.

this webm gets more and more meta every day
>>
>>383252989
hey XV-kun. how much did they pay you
>>
>>383251172

They're both bad, but at least 13 is well made.
>>
>>383259792
I literally can't understand anyone hyping a game up anymore after MGSV's massive let down.I still am having fun playing XV so fuck it, why does anyone here bother saying the play videogames if all they're gonna do is bitch that something isn't perfect.
>>
>>383251454
>then I hope you're ready to crucify DMC for having an anime and a manga.

those are not needed to help understand ANY DMC game while they are necessary for XV
>>
File: yHODZ8E.jpg (181KB, 851x436px) Image search: [Google]
yHODZ8E.jpg
181KB, 851x436px
>>383251886
Hajime Tabata should be jailed. Literally all that man did was:

-Make 2 barely working FF7 sidegames Dirge of Cerberus and Before Crisis
-Involved himself in Parasite Eve 3 by forcing nonsensical pervert clothing durability "mechanic"
-Ruined the story of FF10 with X-2.5 audio drama
-Killed SquareEnix's remaining dignity with FF15
-FF Type 0 HD disaster. Was he high?
-"I WISH I MADE FF7!!! I DESERVE THE GLORY! TABATA SHALL RISE!"

Tabata has this weird fetish for making games that you really don't even control, at all. Hopefully they just keep him in his basement making retarded mobile games for otaku dumbfucks.
>>
You just need a crystal and a chocobo to be a final fantasy though, according to Tabata, so everyone here is just a baiting faggot.
>>
>>383252786
The singular immersion breaking DLC (CEO boss fights) is deliberately put behind a number of text prompts that say "No idea what you mean, go away" before the game itself pretty much asks if you want your immersion destroyed.
>>
>>383259865
It's not XV-kun. Completely different tone of voice.
>>
>>383259614
TYPING
THIS
DOESN'T
MAKE
YOU
RIGHT

>characters well fleshed out

You must be joking. The only character that wasn't 1 dimensional was 9s and Pascal. 2A was a walking plot device and 2B was just a poor man's stoic Furiae.
>>
>>383259792
For me it went like this:
>Gameplay
Episode Gladio
>Story
Episode Prompto (but they said before his DLC came out that his would be more story heavy)
>Length
Episode Prompto. Episode Gladio was WAY too short.
>>383259916
I still have fun with XV too, but this is /v/ all flaws will be magnified. XV-kun's autism doesn't help these threads either.

And besides that, it's always interesting to hear how people would make the game better.
>>
>>383252786
Resident Evil has a canon musical stage play.
>>
>>383260056
god i love NieR
>>
>>383259981
He did CC not DoC
He was asked by nomura to direct 3rd birthday
I'm pretty sure this a b8 post now, because the third line is incredibly false
>>
>>383251291
>all they want is moe simulators and visual novels
Surely SE with their budget could just make a AAA copy of Persona by now.
>>
>>383260089
Ending gave 2B more depth. Kind of makes you view her in a new light when replaying the game.
>>
>>383259675
>implying anyone can remember shit from longer than six months ago anymore

even the .hack HD remakes are just skipping the originals and going straight to haseo the meme reaper.
>>
>>383260110
>Episode Gladio was WAY too short.

Aren't they both about the same length, story wise? I found EP Prompto pretty short.
>>
>>383260375
Mostly because it's easier to remake a game that just needs an upscaling and tweaks to the combat while IMOQ needs a massive overhaul to graphics and gameplay if they want it to sell.
>>
>>383259952
he didn't even mention the DMC novel, or the fact that most if not all DMC side content is universally reviled for being shit, with the manga being a sole exception
>>
>>383259894
I won't accept that.
XV is at least playable. It's shit, but it's at least playable, at least the main characters don't make me want to kill myself every 5 seconds.

But XIII? Nah nigga. XIII is broken on a technical level, the gameplay is just fucked, the characters are borderline psychotic save for a few and the story is half rip off half incoherent rambling. Did you know that at several points throughout the game you can get a completely RNG , unavoidable game over? You just enter a fight, the AI decides to assfuck Lightning and it's game over before you have enough ATB to click "Auto-battle".

I'd give XV a 3/10 and XIII a 1/10.
>>
>>383260429
EP Prompto felt way longer to me.
>>
>>383260568
>I'd give XV a 3/10 and XIII a 1/10.

Yeah, I can live with that.
>>
>>383260520
I thought people LIKED the gameplay of the original titles, they go for a shitload on ebay these days.

The only annoying thing I remember was having to pop speed pills all the time because the normal run speed was terrible
>>
>>383260680
>liking MENU HUNT: THE FAKE MMO
No, oh god no, and MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS needs to fucking go cause that made those Goblin side quests obnoxious as hell.
>>
>>383260297
All that ending did was show that 2B's entire characterization and personality revolves around 9s. 2B wasn't even needed in the game. It could have started with the end of Yorha and the game would have been exactly the same.
>>
>>383259675
You can play the original four games, or the G.U series without seeing SIGN, or ROOTS, and you will understand perfectly the plot. In fact, the first time I played them all I didn't even knew there was a anime show, or manga or LN for that matter.

In XV you need to see the movie, and even Brotherhood, anime where those lazy asshole leaved all the character backstory. The only material you can skip is the novel.
>>
>>383260878
so why are they considered super rare cult classic games then?
>>
>>383259865
oh believe me, this isn't XV-kun. This guy is saying that there are other thing to criticize. XV-kun thinks this game is perfect.
>>
File: 3.jpg (74KB, 726x827px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
74KB, 726x827px
>>383259981
...i think we're onto something here
>>
>>383259981
>-FF Type 0 HD disaster. Was he high?

Funny enough I liked Type 0. The story is all over the place, but at least is IN the game. Plus the combat was kinda fun since you have a wide variety of character to choose from, and was a technical masterpiece. Literally the best looking PSP game ever made.
>>
>>383260978
AI Buster is necessary to understand why the fuck there are Vagrant AI bug removers, who later show up in GU act the way they do, and hell, you need to play the Quadology to know who Yata is and why he's even more obsessed with Aura, and GU is a bit janky since ROOTS kind of fucks up how Haseo got to hit the level cap while being a level 10-20 scrub most of the show.
>>
>>383260568

XIII isn't broken, and the combat is pretty challenging for most.
>>
>>383260991
Because the story anon. Also having DVDs that give you real world context of events and timelines instead of just reading massive text dumps called news articles.
>>
>>383253975
>I understood the story of XV without having anyone explain it to me
You understood the parts of the plot that were in the game, that's great, congratulations, but unless you're some psychic there is no way you would know any of the shit the game DOESN'T TELL YOU because that content wasn't MADE yet or it is only explained in side content.

You can't bullshit people and say "Oh I perfectly understood noctis' situation as soon as they showed me a massive, world-altering military takeover of an entire kingdom which is summed up in a 5 second cutscene clipped from the movie (which supposedly the game doesn't need but samples anyway because IT IS REQUIRED VIEWING)
>>
>>383260881
>All that ending did was show that 2B's entire characterization and personality revolves around 9s
Why is this bad? It's ultimately 9S's story and seeing 2B's perspective was nice and enhances 9S's demise.
>>
File: 1496099457461.png (2MB, 1920x1082px) Image search: [Google]
1496099457461.png
2MB, 1920x1082px
Wow, did XV-kun finally killed himself? Haven't seen him in a while. Also, pic related is what probably disappointed me the most from this game aside from cutting the invasion.
>>
>>383261176
Again, you don't. You can played them, and you will understand the plot perfectly. Yata being Wiseman, or the story of Albireo makes little to no difference.

Of course, if you read or watch any .Hack related stuff you will appreciate the universe more, and you will be able to see connection here and there, but I don't think that is mandatory at all.
>>
>>383261020
I really want to see this XV-kun now.
Sounds like SammyClassicSonicFan.

>>383260978
Can someone explain to me what about the movie was essential to the game's plot?
The game's plot was:

You're prince Noctis heading to Altissia to get married. Shortly after you head out, the empire takes over your city-state. Now you're on a quest to gain the power of the kings of Lucis and take back your throne™.

The plot of the movie:
Lucis and The Empire are at war. Special forces agents of Lucis have really cool powers, checkem. Uhh...Ultros and giant statues and Diamond Weapon.
Lucis loses, obviously. More special effects.

The movie is literally just a hour long cinematic of the city being taken over by an overhelmingly stronger force.
>>
>>383249972
there are few things in this industry/fandom collective that disgust me, but people praising modern Square Enix is one of them

they keep fucking up their IPs beyond repair or driving sane developers away from them, they did it to Final Fantasy, they did it to Deus Ex, they did it to Hitman even; can't wait to see how they finally ruin Tomb Raider's reputation.
>>
File: 1498753118018.png (687KB, 782x396px) Image search: [Google]
1498753118018.png
687KB, 782x396px
>>383261452
What should be equally disappointing is this. Look at all that land above the Vesperpool.
>>
>>383261742
Not just that but the entirety of Insomnia plus that archipelago behind it.
>>
>>383261452
and yet most of those cities were downright mediocre since the only thing of note WAS A FUCKING GAS STATION & DINER
>>
>>383261020
he wants you to believe that
>>
>>383261742
If gaming from 2014 onwards has teached me anything, it's that BIG SPACES™ are fucking worthless.

Witcher3's very first region was fucking 10/10, small, compact, full of content, walking-to-discovery ratio was perfect.
Get out of that zone and it's a fucking walking simulator, 99% of treasures and POI are absolutely worthless, the sidequests are copy-paste from the first region, not a single new monster that isn't a reskin of something you've seen in the first region, a literal fucking scam.
>>
>>383261409
Because it's not the kind of crap I would expect from Taro after he spent so much time talking about how Furiae was a mistake. Even Fyra in NieR, who existed to give The King a major case of the bad feels later on in game, had her own personality.

Also, the game becoming the 9s show is what made it turn to shit. What's the point of showing off three main characters if you're actually going to just focus on one?
>>
>>383261929
I know some people are hoping that the tunnel near Meldacio is gonna be opened up and lead to Galahad for the Kingsglaive anniversary.
>>
>>383261742
this game blue balled me so fucking much, holy shit.

>see the island on the distance at the beggining of the game
>"oh man, I can't wait to go there on the air ship. Bet there is rare monster in there and a hidden dungeon"
>can't go there
>Can only explore a section of Altissia
>Can't explore Tenebrae which was shown several times in the trailers
>2 towns, hundreds of gas stations

The moment I heard that I couldn't explore Tenebrae I refused to believe it since that was the city I was most hyped for.
>>
Apparently the Game of War XV re-skin utilizes a lot of shady practices? People seem pretty pissed about it. I wonder if Square will respond.
>>
>game is shit
>DLC could have been used to flesh it out some more, add some interesting sidequests, or improve the latter part
>Nah fuck that, here's some separate mini-stories instead, that's easier.
>>
>>383262392
Don't forget about the copy/pasted hotel.
>>
>>383262515
is this a real thing?
>>
>>383251886
>>383259981
Why not jail both?
>>383259916
Blame 10 years warping expectations to that point.
>>
>>383262515
It's just some random Youtubers sperging out for attention because they want to being attention to themselves.

>Two Final Fantasy Youtubers upload videos crying about how they regret agreeing to do sponsored videos for a shit game on the same day
What are the odds
>>
>>383262515
I'm still of the idea that this must be some 3rd party rip-off and square is playing some legal robbing game with them.
Even 2017 Square Enix has some standards.
>>
>>383262392
The funny part is that Anglegard does have stuff modeled on it, like it was gonna be somewhat explorable.
>>383262571
Well to be be halfway fair, they did say that they plan on "working" on the game for a year and possibly beyond.
>>
>>383262596
Yeah. It's getting shit on pretty badly and it's supposedly using pay-to-win cheap tactics to entice players to spend money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItVhP0MAfXI

>>383262758
Well, whatever the case may be, the game is still fucked.
>>
>>383262980
>and it's supposedly using pay-to-win cheap tactics to entice players to spend money.

like making levels really, really, hard?
>>
>>383262758
I like Dean, if that's one of the guys you're talking about. Pez is a fucking retard.
>>
>>383249972
>buggy as all fuck

>awkward 10+ seconds pauses where characters just stare at nothing.

serves you right for being a console peon and a retard who gave money to squeenix for an unfinished boyband simulator
>>
If you people think the game is so shit I dont get why your wasting so much time discussing how shit it is. It's a good game, just like FFXIII. If you don't think so; why dont move the fuck on.
>>
>>383261742

I'd have to imagine the cuts in this game could fill an olympic swimming pool. Who knows how much was meant to be explorable or how many more cities/towns they had planned or even created yet didn't make it in.

All this tie in shit just twists the dagger, the game itself should have been better but instead they throw all this other shit in our faces and say enjoy.
>>
>>383263504
I like Weiss too. His last video was spot on.
>>
Will DLC/Niflheim areas ever be accessible in the open world?
Will we ever get a type Boat or use the Type F to explore the islands?
If they're overhauling, this should be a thing.
>>
File: t1Kd58X.png (533KB, 567x599px) Image search: [Google]
t1Kd58X.png
533KB, 567x599px
>>383263713
>more and more jews in charge
>games get circumcised more and more

When will it stop?
>>
>>383259317
02 was good too, with SH2 and MGS2 designs
>>
>>383263540
Joke's on you, I borrowed this PS4 and I fucking hate it to bits.
If the sony jewpanese let me play my games on PC I definitely would.

I don't usually support these shady exclusive practices, but I had to see XV for myself, FF is my favourite series.
>>
FFXV-KUN!
FFXV-KUN!
FFXV-KUN!
>>
>>383263747
Yeah. His video actually really put it all into perspective for me. The XV Universe always bothered me, but he brings up some things that I had never even considered, and it's really distressing. I actually don't know what to think of Square Enix and the series moving forward.
>>
File: 1400898956821.jpg (41KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
1400898956821.jpg
41KB, 396x382px
>>383263661
XIII was bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>383249972
So when will there be a FFXV complete edition? I kind of want to play it.
>>
>>383264409
He's not here, it's a pretty clean thread.
>>
File: 1495325490217.jpg (21KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1495325490217.jpg
21KB, 480x270px
>>383264409
>trying to call a shitposter to derail a thread talking about how bad XV is

pathetic
>>
File: XVwhenitwerks(kinda).webm (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
XVwhenitwerks(kinda).webm
3MB, 600x336px
XV isn't THAT bad
There are many fun elements and likable characters burried deep beneath millions of retarded game design decisions, plotholes and amateur storytelling.
>>
>>383264562
>he's not here
What the fuck? Did hell freeze over?
>>
>>383264692
It's a somewhat polished, somewhat enjoyable turd. I'll give you that. Not really impressive in any way and definitely not worth playing through again, until it's overhauled.
>>
>>383264547
If you want to play a Final Fantasy game, you don't need XV. They could add onto it for 10 more years and still have nothing to show for it. Tabata has no idea what an FF game even looks like, at this point im pretty confident that's the entire reason he's been hired.

If you want to watch a movie that pretends to be a game, then go for it, despite everything the story isn't THAT bad.
But there's better movies. And better movies pretending to be games. So even then you really don't need XV.
So, idk, if you find it complete for less than 10, go for it.
>>
>>383264697
or banned

>>383264692
what fun elements? and the main characters were good but no one else
>>
File: 1489040138370.png (6KB, 343x315px) Image search: [Google]
1489040138370.png
6KB, 343x315px
>>383265048
>or banned

He's probably watching this thread, boilingwith anger, literally fuming from the ears, but can't do anything about it.
>>
>>383265048
>what fun elements
Fishing, chocobos, cruising around in the car while listening to some old FFs soundtrack (not fun per se, but comfy as fuck). Also in rare cases when it works, combat can also be fun against specific enemies

>the main characters were good but no one else
I personally liked Iris and Aranea. Luna is pure trash though. I almost like Ardyn, but he lacks any proper foreshadowing and development to be taken seriously
>>
>>383264697
You guys are really hyping this XV-kun lolcow up for me
I'm excited now
HE BETTER DELIVER
>>
>>383265247
>cruising around in the car while listening to some old FFs soundtrack

I only wish you could randomize the entire playlist when driving around

or was that patched in
>>
File: Picture__292.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Picture__292.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
messing around the world doing quests were kinda fun desu

there should have been no story, just four idiots running around doing errands, maybe put some effort into the quests but just cut the main story entirely
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
>>383264692
what I to this day can't undertstand is why the fuck did they make the force stealer's hilt so fucking small in comparison to previous trailers
shit looks whack now.
>>
>>383265247
>Fishing, chocobos, cruising around in the car while listening to some old FFs soundtrack (not fun per se, but comfy as fuck). Also in rare cases when it works, combat can also be fun against specific enemies

Pretty much how I feel about it at this point, but I honestly expected more. In my book, XV was a monumental disappointment.
>>
>>383265247
Lunafreya seems like she was a great character, the few snippets of her built her up as a very stoic and tormented woman bound to her duty from childhood.

That's the issue though, she got like 5 minutes of screentime and in 2 of those she's either limping or literally dying.

>>383265247
I would say the only element of XV I will give it sincere praise for is the character interaction. They felt like real people hanging out while out in the world.
I've been on road trips myself and I can definitely relate.
The fishing isn't particularly good. It's ok i guess, but nothing special.

Also the soundtrack is great, Yoko Shimomura is best mom.
>>
>>383265048
Bans haven't stopped him before. He's probably asleep.
>>
>>383265794
>she got like 5 minutes of screentime and in 2 of those she's either limping or literally dying.

She got much more screentime in Kingsglaive and she wasn't an interesting character there as well. Too much
>muh destiny
>muh Noctehs
>muh duty
instead of acting and speaking like a normal relatable human being.
>>
>>383265247
>. I almost like Ardyn, but he lacks any proper foreshadowing and development to be taken seriously
I swear to God he better have won the poll. That's the only thing everyone ever talks about with him.
>>383265794
Luna in general was a very flat character who's minimal screentime didn't justify what the devs tell us we should have felt for her.
>>
>>383265362
You can randomize the selection, but I'm pretty sure that was only for the specific album.
>>
>>383266081
>I swear to God he better have won the poll
It was useless voting for him since they pretty much confirmed way before the poll went live that they're working on his own DLC
>>
File: DDosAnwUAAA8sYU.jpg (190KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DDosAnwUAAA8sYU.jpg
190KB, 900x1200px
>>383266005
>Stella was more relatable with her 2 minutes in V13 trailer and bunch of pics on storyboard
>>
>>383266287
I wouldn't min that Luna Story DLC to be just a bunch of cutscenes and pages of texts that detail their relationship over the years.
>>
>>383266252
That's the whole problem with the poll. They've spoken about Ardyn DLC and new playable characters before, so we were left wondering if we should even bother voting for those options, since they seem to already be coming.
>>
>>383266252
I thought they said recently that poll is just to determine what goes first and they pretty much plan on doing all of it in time?
>>383266287
Apparently someone also said that really wasn't a romance element in V13 between the two.
>>
>>383266436
>I thought they said recently that poll is just to determine what goes first and they pretty much plan on doing all of it in time?
I'd like a source on this if true.
>>
>>383266436
>I thought they said recently that poll is just to determine what goes first and they pretty much plan on doing all of it in time?

Nah, it was all just a speculation.
I doubt they'll tie in everything on that poll considering that Episode Ignis alone will be released in December only and then there's this multiplayer mode which will come out god knows when.

They will either shove stuff like Lucii and Ifrit lore in side media like comic books or whatnot, or it'll take them another 2 years to finish everything.
>>
File: DDp1ItKV0AAoMIZ.jpg-large.jpg (20KB, 475x258px) Image search: [Google]
DDp1ItKV0AAoMIZ.jpg-large.jpg
20KB, 475x258px
>>383266287
>Noctis and Luna communicate through Journal and Mystic Puppy when cell phones exist in their universe

>Noctis and Stella communicate through cell
>>
File: DAkrU9WXYAAZGCD.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
DAkrU9WXYAAZGCD.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>383266081
My theory for Luna is that at some point they decided they wanted to build a "penpal" relationship between her and the player so that you would be excited to finally see this QT3.14 you had been exchanging letters with this whole time, but when you finally get to see her she dies and thus assumes the role of whatever you had made her up to be in your mind, a personified "what if".
But then I also get the feeling they wanted to portray her as a love interest/Rival, who is always one step ahead of you and sets you up for success every time, and when you finally catch up to her she dies.

It's like a bunch of random people came together and everyone wrote an entire script for the game and then they ripped everyone's script up, mixed them in a hat and fished them at random.
>>
>>383266638
I did say "I thought". The closest I got is them saying that they'll prioritize stuff with high enough demand.
>>383266740
See their recent comments on stuff makes me think that Episode Ignis will be far from the end of updates and DLC that they plan to do.
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.