[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The secret world is the best mmo that's ever been made.....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: 1472808390789.jpg (700KB, 1440x2039px) Image search: [Google]
1472808390789.jpg
700KB, 1440x2039px
The secret world is the best mmo that's ever been made..... Or it would be if it weren't for its shitty combat system.

What the fuck happened can someone explain why the secret world is so shit while so good at the same time? Also what do you guys think about it? I think it's genuinely creepy.
>>
>>383248757

no
no
no

don't talk about TSW on here. We don't want these fags playing it.

Combat overhaul soon, brother.
>>
>>383250231
I don't really post around on /v/ much but I was hoping for some talk about the game, I already assumed people here would be playing cause there's quite a bit of love for lovecraftian things on other boards.

I really hope the combat change will be good, I want to love this game but it holds me back. also the character creation is pretty bad.
>>
>>383248757
Some quests are really well made, but the clunky combat system just made it horrible to play. I still like the game, though.
>>
>still no key for Legends
>>
>>383250490
it unlocks in less than a month
>>
Solomon Island is a very nice area with good quests but that's it.
The rest of the game doesn't even come close.
It's telling that after Egypt they stopped investigation quests altogether.
>>
Illuminati>>>>>>>>Dragons>Shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Templars

You cannot refute this.
>>
>>383250965
Templars are amazing though
>>
File: tumblr_o6f59mtxEp1sze2ino1_540.jpg (82KB, 527x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6f59mtxEp1sze2ino1_540.jpg
82KB, 527x810px
>>383248757
>funcom
>good
>>
>>383252037
why did you post your mom
>>
>>383252193
wrong pic
>>
>>383250231
Are we still waiting on the big overhaul? I noticed steam downloading a sizable update the other day. maybe it was just all the extra chapters I hadn't purchased or something.
>>
>>383250948
What? There are no more investigative quests?

I fucking loved them.
Some of them were hard, but satisfying to finish.
>>
>>383250948
>>383255647

I think everyone stopped playing at Egypt. That's where I stopped playing and that's where the devs knew everyone would stop so they probably didn't bother. You come there and you just get bored of the whole thing. Everything felt unbalanced and like it was taking too long.
>>
>>383250231
>Combat overhaul soon, brother.
Wasn't that the whole point of Legends?

>>383250490
>>383250761
What
>>
>>383256770
There's an update
>>
>>383250490
What? The game is out for like 2 weeks or something
>>
is there any raids yet? also whats the flashiest class
>>
>>383248757
It would be a great single player game if funshit didn't force the mmo meme.
Legends fix some issues with combat and introduces too many more on combat and monetization.
Overall it's not worth it anymore.
>>
I was playing it a couple of days ago and there was a message being spammed for an hour that the servers were going down which repeatedly misspelled the name "Sercet World". Pretty much sums up the game.
>>
>>383255896

>egypt has a decent idea behind it but horrible executed
>next zone Transylvania is the literally the best and most immersive areas in the game
>>
>>383257137
Raids later on, Flashiest might be Chaos because every ability spews green/purple energy everywhere.
>>
>bought the game four years ago
>still can't decide on a faction
>>
>>383257439
Fuuuuuuuuuck I missed Transylvania? That sucks! Egypt could have been great. I don't like the fact that it was sunny though, I like the darker atmosphere.
>>
>>383258115

It doesn't matter. The only difference is one, mybe two sentences of text on mission turn ins, and several 1 minute cutscenes that add nothing substantial.
>>
>>383248757
it´s made by giant sjws faggots so I doubt it is good
>>
>>383258115
>>383258559
don't forget the clothes. Pick the one with the best outfits.
>>
>>383258738
Why does that matter? How could that affect how fun the game is?
>>
Shotgun + hammer is best
>>
>>383258916
There are no more faction locked outfits in legends. Just changes on the color scheme
>>
>>383259059
First and Second pattern from the dragon only come in one shade though.
>>
>>383258986
I was bloodmage + shotgun. Blood magic was so disappointing though, all attacks look the same and had no feel to them.
>>
>>383258986

Thats not sword + assault rifle
>>
>>383260365
Sword no longer tanks though
>>
>>383260495
Wonder why they got rid of sword tanks, were they bad in TSW?
>>
>>383250948

Confirmed for not playing past Egypt. Trannslyvania was legit.

Some of the DLCs were great too, like the one where you try to find the gypsy children. Spooky as fuck.
>>
>>383260495

I preferred it more for the fact that sword builders built charges for sword and assault rifle separately on each enemy. So, build your stacks with sword aoe skills, then assault rifle grenade one enemy (hit all enemies around that one), and switch to the next target to hit them with rifle grenade, repeat until each enemy has their stacks removed. Against tougher enemies you can bleed them with sword, set them on fire with flamethrower, then kite them a bit with your AR health leech skills and heal over time before you do it again. It was a class that was excellent solo and worked very well in groups when you changed out a couple skills, and both builds used similar gear so you didn't have to grind a ton.
>>
>>383260547
I think it's to make each type of weapon have the holy trinity. They moved sword to dps and shotgun to tank.
What I dislike the most is that they removed the support from the weapons that were dps.
>>
>TFW bought lifetime grandmaster before the game released
>Have all DLC for free as part of it
>Plus a sweet leather jacket
>>
Been meaning to buy this game for awhile, but never found the right time.
I wanted to buy it in this year's steam sale, but wouldn't you know it, the game isn't even for sale anymore.

Guess I just have to wait for the remaster or whatever to come out, huh?
>>
>>383261053

They're remaking the game and it's gonna be f2p. Same game but revamped combat and better graphics I guess.
>>
>>383248757
JUST LET ME PLAY IN OLD TAB TARGET 3RD PERSON MODE AGAIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
that fucking reticle is giving me migraines
>>
>>383261053
The game also has gotten a f2p version.
>>
>>383261347
>Same game but
Microtransactions.
>>
>>383261347
>better graphics
no, they just removed some effects (and for some fucking reason also options in character creation)
>>
>>383261816
You're joking, there were barely any options in the first place.

>>383260879
What's grandmaster?
>>
>>383261667
Any free shit for legacy players?
>>
>>383261981

Grandmaster was lifetime membership in the old game. Got all of the DLC chapters and free cash shop currency each month. I've been letting it collect all this time, have something like total $400+ of cash shop currency that has been add to my account each month for being a lifer.
>>
>>383262236
That's awesome. I wish games would allow you to get bonuses you couldn't get if you didn't pre order like in RAGE! if you didn't preorder it you could never ever get the best armour. Noteven a paid dlc for it. Always ticked me off.
>>
The game is actually way, way worse with the new combat system. The weapons are just more gimmicky, you only have 5 hotkeys total, and they absolutely killed the passive skill tree. Being forced to aim with the reticle is the worst because it's obviously still a tab target game, it's just impossible to aim at a single target when you're fighting a crowd.

But I think the worst part is that they made absolutely everything a microtransaction. It's the exact same game but everything is incredible expensive and tedious with arbitrary gates on how much money you can make or how many dungeons you can play at a time. And the people they fucked over the hardest are the dudes that actually spent money on their dead on arrival game. You would have bought the original game for $15-30 and spend another $80 on the extra missions/weapons and the developer just decided "fuck you, we're shutting that down in a month to re-release it like it's a brand new game".
>>
>>383250363
>I really hope the combat change will be good
It's pretty meh.
There's no weapon synergy so you just max whichever weapon you want and pick one burner from your secondary to use while the energy on your primary is recharging.
>>
File: 20170625074925_1.jpg (57KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170625074925_1.jpg
57KB, 1440x900px
>>383248757
This game is so fucked
How do I fix this?
Every character is a fucking two-face
The game worked perfectly when I played it before their big update
>>
>>383262413
Wait a second, I thought the old servers would be untouched and I could play the original version just like before.
>>
File: Days Without Jewish Tricks.jpg (21KB, 439x290px) Image search: [Google]
Days Without Jewish Tricks.jpg
21KB, 439x290px
>>383262413

>Run dungeon, kill final boss, good show
>No longer get items, get a loot crate as a drop
>Need a key to unlock it
>Need to buy key in cash shop
>>
>>383262453
But do your attacks look like anything? I was a bloodmage and its just
>squirt blood from right hand
>squirt blood from left hand
>squirt blood from both hands
>shotgun spin
felt boring looking at that. I hope bloodmagic looks a lot cooler.
>>
>>383262413
Are you talking about guildwars 2?
>>
>>383262639
Elementalism looks okay but most weapons suffer from the damage being dealt when the animation starts instead of when it ends.
So you have enemies falling over before you shoot them and shit.
>>
>>383262560
You forgot to mention the free daily keys.
>>
>>383262534
You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain
>>
File: Capture.png (604KB, 955x491px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
604KB, 955x491px
>>383262538
You'd think, but if you tried playing recently the launcher would've upgraded itself to legends and you couldn't play the original without some workaround. People think that after transfers in august they're going to cut the cord entirely.

They're also pretty scummy for replacing the original game on steam with the legends page because it kept all the positive reviews from 4 years ago. People want to warn you away from the new bullshit but they're sorta drowned out by years of people heaping praise on the game.
>>
>>383263281

>Thinking they work on dungeon loot boxes
>>
>>383262534
ShaunKingStarsinXfiles.png
>>
>>383248757
Go away Ross. Don't you have a movie to make.
>>
>>383262962
>most weapons suffer from the damage being dealt when the animation starts instead of when it ends.
This makes sense as to why I don't like the combat.
>>
>>383263503
Well, fuck.
Downloading now to see.
>>
Someone post some cute female characters, pondering trying it but not if the character creator is poop.
>>
>>383264147
Bye
>>
>>383264147
The character creator isn't just bad, it's worse than ever since they removed a lot of options including the most attractive female face (in a game without attractive girls).
>>
>>383264254

What was the attractive one?
>>
>>383257439
Then comes Tokyo and you're slapped in the face with AEGIS
>>
>>383263587
you get like ten dungeon keys a day nerd
>>
the new combat system is sort of meh. The best weapons seem to be pistols and shotguns, where you aren't bothered by the new gimmicks that revamped weapons have now. Putting in a limited action tray and mandating one of the buttons be for a basic (crappy) attack and then expecting you to spend another slot on a power to activate gimmick? MAKE A DEDICATED BUTTON FOR THAT SHIT.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.