[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Far cry 5 creative director says: >last few FC titles have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: far-cry-5-3.jpg (111KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
far-cry-5-3.jpg
111KB, 800x590px
Far cry 5 creative director says:

>last few FC titles have been sort of linear so we wanted to give the player much more freedom this time

like, what? how much more open and non linear can a game get?
>>
no?
>>
Those are just buzzwords Ubisoft's marketing division told him to say. In fact I doubt he really has creative control over any aspect of the game.
>>
>>383250359
>>383248603
You just don't get it, next time be sure to mention white supremacists and Trump if you want responses for a FC5 thread.
>>
>>383248603
>like, what? how much more open and non linear can a game get?

INFINITE RANDOMLY GENERATED SIDE QUESTS. UNLIMITED GAMEPLAY. YES.
>>
>no source
OP is a faggot
>>
>>383250867

i actually have source, let me see if i can find the vid again
>>
>>383251991
Yeah, I've seen the interview too. I'm guessing he means that they're going for the Primal route and expanding on how you can tackle the world and the missions in a more non-linear fashion. Probably nothing more than buzzword marketing shit but they already confirm that the buddies you can get will be unlocked in the same way that Primal had its buddies unlocked, you find out where they are on the map and you go find them, do some piss easy mission and unlock them to be called whenever. I'm just interested in the game since they said it can be played fully in coop.

No doubt the plot will take a backseat in this game similar to Primal.
>>
>>383252192

this guns for hire thing sounds like it's gonna be the same thing as the rebel support in wildlands
>>
>>383252772
They were like that in FC4 but this time around they're turning the guns for hire into actual characters like the buddies in FC2, only they aren't randomly picked from a list of playable characters or anything like that. We know 3 of them for now, the black sniper lady, the airplane redneck and the dog.
>>
from what I understand it means there's no list of main missions that has to be completed in order, instead you can do them as you come across them and they'll evolve organically from there. But I expect it will be pretty underwhelming like the 3 protagonist shtick in GTA V and how it was said that you could play every mission from every character's viewpoint and switch at any time but in teh actual game you could mostly just switch when the game prompted you to.
>>
>>383253574

That's pretty cool actually
>>
In B4 polddit comes to this thread and whines about the antagonist
>>
Remove the need for a "mission start" trigger and cutscenes. So every mission just happens at the same time, over a schedule of a game. You enter a non-complete, or failure state of the overall objective of the game is impossible to complete.

Maybe like in the 21st day of the game, day and night system stuff, the villain just leaves. So if you didn't stop him, you can keep playing but you can never "win". Every mission would start and end at pre-determined days of a calendar without the player knowing.

So maybe something like Dead Rising, where you can just straight up fail because of running out of time, and add the game tracking and simulating all the NPCs schedules and locations.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.