[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>“No. I will not lie by just saying... power. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 530
Thread images: 81

File: nintendoswitch.png (3MB, 1706x1432px) Image search: [Google]
nintendoswitch.png
3MB, 1706x1432px
>“No. I will not lie by just saying... power. It's really the power of the device. In this case it was the amount of rats we need to display. We already know that there's too many rats, too many animations, too many AI at the same time. And if we want to give justice to – it’s like there is a large bridge between [it and] Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro. And the Switch, it was too hard to make the same game in such a different context.”

OUCH!
>>
Why would you compare the Switch to the X or Pro?

Why would you ask for x year old ports for the Switch? I won't buy any multiplats on the Switch.
>>
>>383239863
Yea yea we already know this. And I*m still amazed that there are people that don't understand that as portable device, you just CAN't have as much power inside. When it comes to power switch is more akin to ps3 and xbox 360. Which is REALLY GREAT for a handheld device.
>>
I just want them to port all the Wii U games I never got to play like Bayonetta 2.
>>
>a nintendo console lacks 3rd party support
How the fuck is anyone still surprised at this point?
>>
>>383239951
This. I don't get people crying for multiplats. Are you honestly telling me you bought a Switch for Cawadudy and CS:GO? Get fucked lmao
>>
>>383239863
I wouldn't release my game on it either. The hardware design choices are just too obtuse
>>
>>383239994
because normies still think the dock is actually a proper console that the handheld part plugs into and becomes something comparable to the PS4. I'm not even shitting you, plenty of people really think that.

The system is fine, but people need to stop expecting big AAA multiplats, they're developed for ps4 and xbone because they have the larger marketshares. nintendo will get offhand third party efforts from ubisoft, they'll get lots of indies (probably crippling the vita's western presence, or what's left of it), but we won't be seeing a full fledged CODWWII port on the switch. We'll probably see a spinoff of the next assassins creed game, and maybe a new handheld CoD entry, and of course lots of JRPGs by smaller teams at squenix.

comparing it to the pro and xbone x is just stupid though, clickbait to the nth degree.
>>
>>383240075
It can handle Indies I guess.
>>
File: 1499423776510.jpg (127KB, 1080x890px) Image search: [Google]
1499423776510.jpg
127KB, 1080x890px
>>383239863
Why don't you also post the fact that the same dev team didn't even fucking try to run their game on switch
It's baffling how lazy devs have become
>>
>>383240234
They're not lazy. They just don't give one single fuck about Nintendo Switch. The Titanfall Dev laughed at them. Pretty sad.
>>
>>383239951
>Why would you compare the Switch to the X or Pro?
Because the way game development works now you need somewhat comparable performance so the devs don't have to remake all the assets and rework whole fucking game to work on underpowered hardware.
>>
>>383239994

>And I*m still amazed that there are people that don't understand that as portable device, you just CAN't have as much power inside

This is factually wrong, you can easily have a high power portable device. The problem is Nintendo will not be able to convince the masses to pay +$1000 for such a thing.
>>
>>383239863
Hey, that Kyle orland is a fuckign retard
>>
>>383240234
>i need to transport an elephant but all i have is volkswagen beetle
>anon you're so fucking lazy, you didn't even try to stuff the elephant in the car
>>
File: 4.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>383240234
>It's baffling how lazy devs have become
>not wanting to throw money into a fire is laziness
>>
>>383239951
Skyrim was suppose to change everything or something.
>>
>people fell for the WiiU a second time
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>383240427
Maybe if 3rd party tried theyd get money?

I know, they aren't used to it since they can just release lazily done yearly rehash trash on PS4/xbone and make bank
>>
>>383239863
Why would I buy AAA ports when I can play them on my PC or PS4?
>>
>>383239863
>One anti switch thread dies.
>you decide to make another one.

Mate tje fuck is wrong with you ?
>>
>>383240021
are you too young to remember the gamecube or the N64? both of them had power parity with rival consoles, and both of them got plenty of third-party titles and multiplats. it wasn't until the wii that nintendo just said "fuck it", and then they doubled down with wii u, and are currently tripling down with switch. the guaranteed lack of AAA multiplats puts a lot of people off.
>>
File: 533263-nintendo-switch.jpg (28KB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
533263-nintendo-switch.jpg
28KB, 740x416px
If you really thought this smallass thing could be as strong as a PS4/Xbone or even a weakass PC, then you're dumb as fuck.
>>
>>383240329
But they're already being made to run on the 4 and 1.
>>
>>383240547
The Switch is portable.
So if traveled a lot or spent ample time 'off the grid' I'd be ok with sub par version of the game that I can take with me easily.
>>
>>383240535
Maybe if you were born before this console generation you'd know why nobody bothers trying.
>>
>>383240606
Are you too young to remember what a massive failure the gamecube was?
>>
>>383240620
projectionfag
>>
>>383240606
>Two failed Nintendo consoles got some third party support when their systems were on par with competitors, who still got more third party support than Nintendo.

Wow, what a sweet allure that is.
>>
>>383240624
Your wrong assumption is that devs make games for 1337 RIGs first and foremost.
Number of botched PC ports suggests otherwise.
>>
>>383239994
ps3 and 360 are still better than switch docked
>>
>>383240620
People don't care what's realistic. They want something and they don't care how they get it.
They want a portable that is a PS4, and if Nintendo can't do that for under $250, then Nintendo shouldn't bother. I'm not taking their side, but that's how they think.
>>
>>383240624
4 and 1 >>> majority of craptops and toasters
very few bother to make shit like Crysis for HIGH END ENTHUSIASTS because there's just no market big enough for that and piracy
>>
>>383240426
Food analogy pls.
>>
>>383239863
>too many rats
Sounds like bullshit. 360/PS3 could handle Musou stuff and WAN MIRRION TROOOOPS just find.
>>
>>383240426
your argument would look better if you used a food analogy
>someone ordered an pgi with an apple in mouth but you only have a pot
>whoa, you didnt even try to cook it, you lazy faggot
>>
>>383240606
I love how people too young to have been around for the console generations always want to act like they know what the fuck they're talking about.
>>
>>383239863
He's ignoring third party support that's on the system already. Either way, most companies couldn't develop for the Switch before launch so obviously we're not going to see any substantial third party support until next year but instead we're going to get these dumb clickbait articles throughout the year that ask
>why isn't RDR2 coming to Switch?
As if people didn't know the answer
>>
>>383239863
Comeon OP, don't you want to buy Skyrim for the 39th time?
>>
File: 1497417206875.png (22KB, 267x292px) Image search: [Google]
1497417206875.png
22KB, 267x292px
>>383240827
>They want a portable that is a PS4, and if Nintendo can't do that for under $250, then Nintendo shouldn't bother. I'm not taking their side, but that's how they think.

The success of the DS over the PSP and the 3DS of the Vita prove you wrong. People at large don't care anywhere near as much about graphics as people on /v/. People will happily accept graphical sacrifices for a better supported and high quality library. How this lesson hasn't sunk in after over thirty years of this happening, repeatedly, is still a mystery to me. History proves you--PROVES YOU--wrong.
>>
>>383240827
>They want a portable that is a PS4
nobody is asking for their home consoles to be "portable". It's a gimmick.
>>
>>383240676
Those had great games, good hardware, failed due to terrible elements that made it an unmarketable system.

The N64 was doomed by cartridges, nintendo's own attitude and the death of its third party support that came as a result.

The GC was doomed by looking like a fucking toy with cheap plastic handles and a purple main color scheme that doomed it to becoming the laughing stock of the industry in a time when a lot of players were growing up and at that teenage phase where they would rather play GTA on a cool looking system like that PS2 than touching a GC.
And lack of third party support for some very influential titles, like above mentioned GTA.

The Wii was garbage system with mostly terrible games but it was saved by a low price point, a hip smooth minimalistic white design and a new marketing approach that appealed to a wider consumer base.

The N64 and GC were great for games.
The Wii was great for nintendo's investors.
I geuss if nintendo had died it would have been a real shame, so it's good that they managed to make some money.
But it was nearly a lost generation when it comes to games.
>>
>>383240676
Yeah, he clearly is. He's too young to remember how Square, Enix (since he's too young to have been around for this, I'll point out that Square and Enix used to be two separate companies) Konami, and Capcom. He's probably also too young to remember how many games went solely with Xbox/PS2, and skipped a Gamecube release altogether; or how Capcom had so little faith in the system that their supposed five Gamecube exclusives turned into one exclusive, one cancellation, and three PS2 ports.
>>
>>383241124

Like it or not, the only thing that dooms a system is the software that's on it. I like both the N64 and GC a great deal, but both systems' games did a lot to piss people off and move to other systems when Nintendo started fucking around with their best properties.
>>
>>383240757
This is correct.
>>
>>383241056
Oh, the switch will prove them wrong, especially after Pokemon. It's just a general shitpost to complain about it's power to price ratio.
>nintendo markets it as a home console, therefore is should be like my $250 ps4
>>
>>383240935
This. Look at Uncharted 3 and the spiders.
>>
>>383241124
>The Wii was garbage system with mostly terrible games but it was saved by a low price point, a hip smooth minimalistic white design and a new marketing approach that appealed to a wider consumer base.
This is the dumbest shit I've read today.
The Wii sold on the gimmick and Wii Sports alone.

You truly have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>383241207
>but both systems' games did a lot to piss people off
It was entirely Nintendo's fault. They sat at the top of the vidya throne and got too high and mighty and started pissing devs and publishers off. They stuck with carts on the Nintendo 64 to A) avoid paying licensing fees to Phillips and Sony for CDs; and B) to be able to charge licensing fees to publishers to make games on their proprietary carts. They tried to pull the exact same dick move with the Gamecube, which is why they used those tiny discs instead of DVDs like everyone else.
>>
>>383241305
The Wii sports gimmick was part of the whole package.
They couldn't have sold it without that price point or the attractive box it came with or with the strong marketing push.
>>
>>383241421

No, they didn't piss off devs and publishers--they've been doing that since the NES--they pissed off their consumer base because they started fucking around with their best selling titles like Mario and Zelda.
>>
File: 1495018333192.gif (185KB, 673x379px) Image search: [Google]
1495018333192.gif
185KB, 673x379px
>>383241124
And yet they were more profitable than the Playstation division every single year until the current generation.
>>
>>383241531
The marketing, fine, i'll accept.
The price point didn't matter. They could've charged 100 bucks more and it would still have sold out everywhere. For fucks sake, people died because of that console. Remember Hold your Wee for a Wii?
>>
>>383241598
>muh money
Sony's busy saving gaming while Nintendo makes mad money on their plastic toys and amiibos

Why do you think third-parties despise Nintendo?
>>
>>383240391
>you can easily have a high power portable device
no you cant, even if you do and its 1000$ the bottle neck is not processing power but battery
>>
>>383240757
>>383241221
this is what you tell yourself to sleep?
>>
File: oct_vw1.jpg (100KB, 790x500px) Image search: [Google]
oct_vw1.jpg
100KB, 790x500px
>>383240426
You'd need a VW bus for that.
>>
>>383240185
>but people need to stop expecting big AAA multiplats
That's the big problem and that's why marketing it as a "hybrid" was also a bad idea, normies which is the audience nintendo is trying to go after doesn't understand those concept, for them it's either portable like a phone or not portable like a ps4 or xbox one or wiiU
>>
>>383241692
>Sony's busy saving gaming
>Pay for Online at 60$
>not backwards
>not Xplay
>#4thePlayers
>>
>>383241590
Yeah, google rockstar - nintendo relationship
>>
>>383240391
Cramming a top gaming PC into a portable factor means shit if you need a fucking wheelbarrow to carry around the battery pack for 30 minutes game play.
You think those 700W+ PSUs are there just for show?
>>
>focus home interactive

Who cares

Any game currently releasing on consoles now can mechanically run on the Switch, the Switch's biggest issue is that not only is it a step down in graphical power to the PS4/One but that it's games also need to run undocked which is closer visually to WiiU/PS3/Xbox 360, just a bit above them but in that ballpark.

>>383241252
That's what they mean by "justice" although then again the game will probably be unstable 20fps on PS4/Xbox One and a Switch port would have a graphical downgrade as well as a less stable framerate.

>>383241692
Because Nintendo systems always have the unique disadvantage of having to compete with Nintendo themselves, third parties don't have that on other systems, they trample the first party so hard that Sony/Microsoft will launch big titles in off seasons to not kill sales.
>>
>>383241967
Sorry can't hear you over the sound of NO THIRD PARTY support.

It's ok atleast you get the millionth wahoo man game to look forward to. Sure is fun Nintendo making billions while giving you jack shit besides the same shit.
>>
>>383241927

How dumb do you think people are? /v/'s failing when it comes to making predictions about anything in thinking that every person who plays video games who doesn't go to /v/ has a single digit IQ. Sorry, but people are smarter than you think, and you're not as smart as you think.
>>
>big name games
Likely not happening. Switch will be Nintendo games, Jap games, and ports of indies. But I think it may also adopt a library over time of third party indie games made specifically for it, because it is attractive to that niche.

As a PCfat+switch kind of goy, I have zero interest in AAA multiplats on the switch.
>>
>>383242027
>Nintendo are too good for third-parties
The shit you hear on /v/ - NintendoGaf
>>
>>383242062
Let the future show us who's right then (hint : think about the wiiU and the misunderstanding of its concept)
>>
File: ss (2016-12-14 at 06.57.09).jpg (167KB, 754x407px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-12-14 at 06.57.09).jpg
167KB, 754x407px
>>383242051
>this fucking level of moving goal posts
>>
>>383241598
Yeah, it's what I said.

They made money. But not many memorable games.

>>383241638
There are always stupid diehard fans but they would not have been able to sell that shit to the mass market including moms and grandmas without an affordable price point.
>>
>>383241986

You don't understand what I'm saying. Nintendo didn't lose out with the N64 and GC because of its relationship with developers. Nintendo has always had a bad relationship with third parties. It lost with the GC and N64 directly through its own actions, chiefly by fucking with its top selling series, making them all but unpalatable to most of their old fans.
>>
>>383242113
I never said that, Nintendo is a unique platform, if third parties want to make money from that system then they need to rethink their strategy, possibly make exclusives for it ala Ubisoft, or make games for all systems early on, like Ubisoft.

Also it's more like who gives a fuck about Focus Home interactive.
>>
>>383242147

Everyone misunderstood the concept of the Wii U because it was a stupid, poorly executed concept with a stupid name to boot. No one was confused by the Wii, the DS, or the Switch. If people were confused by the Wii U it was due entirely to Nintendo's mishandling of literally every aspect of that console.
>>
>>383242352
And the point I'm trying to make is that maybe more people than you think misunderstood the sitch's concept, to the point that well they expect huge AAA titles that will magically work on the switch because they think the docked version makes it somehow a powerhouse because "hey the dock= home console right ?"
>>
Oh, good. I was wondering if these incompetent THQ Nordic retards with their garbage 2d turn based game would be the new hip thing to spam for anti-switch shills.

I guess that answers it.
>>
>>383242482

I've seen no evidence of this happening. As for misunderstanding its concept, I don't see how that's possible. Every trailer/commercial for it perfectly demonstrates how the system is used, it's very easy to understand and can be easily and wordlessly demonstrated on a commercial. Again, people are generally smarter than you think, you're just a heedless cynic.
>>
>>383239863

What game is this in reference to? Can we have more context please?
>>
I have a Switch but I think it's justifiable that people would complain about no 3rd party support.
>>
>>383242730
The Switch has plenty of third party support coming to it. People overreact because games that have been in development for years don't suddenly and magically appear on the Switch as well.

Or you get incompetent morons like these guys with their trash game.
>>
>>383242482
>sitch's
You have to be 18+ to post on 4chan kid.
>>
>>383242665
I'm just showing you a possibility, something that has a chance of happening but you're so convinced that the switch is a perefectly understood concept that this discussion is kind of pointless. If you really think people are as smart as you thinik then boy you're clueless
>>
Hoping the Switch will get plenty of indie titles due to the power difference. Making it a sort of hybrid of Vita/3DS

>E3 comes along
>No mention of indies
>Two games announced with a jpeg
>Minecraft Switch is the most expensive version and the worst version of it
>No MH
>VR is getting more games
>ARMS sucked

YAMERO
>>
>>383239994
>>383239994

>make portable console
>market it as home console
>price it as home console
>be confused why people expect a home console computing power.

Gee I wonder why.
>>
>>383242876
It's a typo fucking sue me daddy
>>
>>383242730
It has been getting ports though. Puyo puyo, setsuna, isaac, cave story, all that neo geo shit on the estore, etc. I'd actually be curious to see how well these games are doing compared to Nintendo's games so far, as it could say a lot in regards to future, original third party games.
>>
no games____________ ____
>>
>>383240185
>The system is fine, but people need to stop expecting big AAA multiplats
This is a problem with Nintendo. They don't want to gut the 3DS sales so they're considering that the handheld while the Switch is the "console" when it's screaming that it's a handheld. This leads to them advertising it like it's a home console you're primarily going to play attached to a TV which is anything but the truth because they don't want to gut the 3DS' userbase.
>>
>>383242963

Again, there is literally no evidence that the Switch has been in any way misunderstood by consumers. If you have some, share it, until then I'm going to continue with my completely reasonable assumption that the Switch is perfectly understood and sought after to boot, as evidenced by its great sales. Ball is in your court.
>>
>>383243128
I play primarily connected to the TV and still want 3ds kind of "kitschy" games. I see what you're saying though.
>>
>>383243158
>until then I'm going to continue with my completely reasonable assumption
I think this applies to the both of us
>>
>>383242964

>Indies already had like a half-hour direct and Rocket League got announced.
>These new games don't count because they didn't have a cinematic trailer.
>Ignoring Sony's refusal for Minecraft crossplay.
>MHXX
>Implying VR is relevant.

BAKA
>>
>>383241056
Not really. The DS and 3DS won because they were much cheaper.
PS4s are cheaper than switches, and more powerful so casuals will gravitate to that.
And people who want handhelds either settle for smartphones or need a fair bit of convincing to buy the switch because the changes it had to undergo to become a hybrid sacrificed quite a bit of portability.
>>
>>383242984

>Implying 299.00 is "home console priced."

Xbox One, PS4 and Wii U all launched for more than that, and their successors certainly will as well. If there's anything wrong with the Switch it's not the price.
>>
>>383243280
you're looking at this the wrong way; the Switch is $300 for a handheld. It's not a console no matter how much Nintendo insists it is.
>>
>>383239951
>I won't buy any multiplats on the Switch.
And another nintendo console dead, thanks to nintedokids autism.
>>
>>383243128

>They don't want to gut 3DS sales.

Considering every major 3DS game this year is a remake or lazy sequel (Pokemon USUM) it's clear where the 3DS is headed. This is its final year, guaranteed.
>>
>>383242984
also
>continue selling the 3ds in the meantime, a real full portable device, with new and different games too
>make the switch
>not expecting people to want to play it not as portable device
>>
>>383243128
They're advertising it as a console you can play any way you want. They show it being used as a portable just as much as a home console.
>>
>>383243336
Actually, the Switch is 299 for a home console and handheld in one.
That's the whole point. It's both. Yes, it's weaker than the PS4.
But at the same time it's a handheld you can play on the go. Suddenly the specs look pretty great.
>>
>>383243280
Over here I can get ps4 right fucking now, with 3 games, for less than switch costs.

Don't compare launch prices unless consoles launched at approx same time.
>>
>>383243184
I just want them to drop the charade and just call a cow a cow. It's a handheld, I want developers to make broader scale handheld games thanks to the increased power, not have weaker console ports to the thing. It's why I enjoy the Vita so much, most companies and even small ones did what they could with that power over the PSP and were happy with it without really porting down (Tt excluded but they port to everything), so the Switch basically being a bigger step up from the 3DS made me expect just bigger and better handheld-type games, not dumbed down console games.

Granted, Nintendo is doing great with the limitations of the system and making things like console quality Mario, Splatoon, Zelda, etc work on the thing, but if everyone else is just going to make handheld quality games then just act like it's a handheld you can dock for better quality, not a console you can take with you.
>>
>>383243458
Wow you can get a 3.5 year old console for less than one that just came out?
What is this wizardry?
>>
File: IT'S DONG TIME.gif (2MB, 395x259px) Image search: [Google]
IT'S DONG TIME.gif
2MB, 395x259px
>>383243271
>PS4s are cheaper than switches, and more powerful so casuals will gravitate to that.
Not true. People don't buy consoles because they become cheaper down the line because all the fans have already bought one.
>And people who want handhelds either settle for smartphones
3DS and Switch has already proven you wrong.
>>
>>383239994
It doesn't even have to be a portable device. It's just Nintendo hardware as a whole. You buy it to play Nintendo games. Just like Sony fans buy Sony consoles for their exclusives.

Everything else should be bought on PC.

The main difference since the Gamecube is that EA stopped supporting Nintendo with legit sports games, and that's only because Nintendo doesn't have the infrastructure setup to scam gamers with Ultimate Team modes
>>
>>383243271
>Not really. The DS and 3DS won because they were much cheaper.

You're delusional if you believe that. Price was obviously a factor, but not what clinched it. People forget that the PSP was outselling the DS until 2006 or so, when Nintendo got serious about the system. It's always about the games, and the PSP, and Vita library especially, were off putting to most consumers.
>>
>>383243336

>Still not understanding that the Switch is a hybrid.
>>
>>383243534
Yeah I can get a current get, more powerful console for price of handheld.
Wow.

Oh and switch games cost extra over here.
>>
File: 1485987819316.png (213KB, 1344x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1485987819316.png
213KB, 1344x2200px
>>383243552
>Just like Sony fans buy Sony consoles for their exclusives.
lol
>>
>>383243392

>They show it being used as a portable just as much as a home console.

GEE I WONDER WHY THAT IS.
>>
>>383243626
And can your PS4 play games on the go?
Can it play SM Odyssey, BotW, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Switch, Metroid Prime 4 and so on?

No? Then how does it matter?
>>
>ITT: people using exclusivity which fucks over a customer to validate their purchases.
>>
>>383243737
Yeah good point, I should buy consoles to play games like Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed instead. Right?
>>
>>383243676
I'd like to think that it would be easy to understand, but people are all caught up in labeling it as a "home console" or a "handheld" when the whole point of it is to be both.
>>
>>383243736
No bit I can play other games.

Honestly I would only like to play xenoblade.

Also
>>383243737

Really? Defending exclusives?
>>
>>383243790
If Normies do it, then it must be right.
>>
>>383239863

>Indies already had like a half-hour direct and Rocket League got announced.
Yeah Rocket League was it and will most likely be overpriced like Minecraft was. I was expecting something on the lines of what MS and Sony do for indie titles

>>These new games don't count because they didn't have a cinematic trailer.
It was a fucking jpeg might as well announce it next year because it won't be finished until late 2018. It'll be like the Sony conference this year.

>>Ignoring Sony's refusal for Minecraft crossplay.
Why bring up Sony? I'm not on about console wars here. Just that Nintendo is currently overcharging for bad versions of indie titles so it's not a great sign.

>>MHXX
Is in moonrunes.

>>Implying VR is relevant
Well it got more third party support than the Switch at E3 so you'd have to say it's more relevant than the Switch currently.
>>
>>383243392
Yes, but that comes with the problems of the general public thinking you're going to get a system that's at least as strong as a PS4/Xbox One since it's brand new when in reality you're getting what amounts to a souped up Wii U you can take with you, a system that was already relatively outdated when it came out (Yes, I know it's already a miracle they get that power into the handheld form in the first place, I'm speaking from a general public perspective).

It's not getting any of the main games everyone else is playing due to the power of the machine so instead they should be heavily focusing on the handheld aspect of it since pushing it as a console just brings us to the Wii U problem of Nintendo only, barely any third party due to having to essentially remake the whole game so you need to have another machine if you want to play any third party games at all.
>>
>>383243737
So Zelda and Mario should be on the PlayStation then.

Nintendo is the company that needs its exclusives the most.
>>
>>383243617
it doesn't have the specs to be considered a 9th gen home console in any possible way. switch is a 9th gen handheld, scorpio is the first 9th gen console, sony shot themselves in the foot and are stuck with the 8.5 half step ps4 pro.
>>
>>383243889
I don't think you have to worry about what the public thinks of the Switch. We're over 3 months in and Switches are still flying off the shelves constantly the moment new ones are put up in most parts of the world that matter (as in, not eastern europe/italy/africa/australia)
>>
>>383243790
If that's what you want? Yes.

Still - most games could easily be available at most platforms, at least on pc xbone and ps4 - some games would be pita to port to switch.
But nope. Gotta have exclusives - it makes retards feel good about their purchases while lining company pockets with extra money.
>>
>>383243991
What is your point? That if we didn't buy x console then all those games would be on the PC or PS4?

I don't even understand what you are tying to argue.
>>
Who cares
If you don't own a PC along with the Switch you're doing it wrong
>>
>>383243903
Why do you care about corporate needs?

Wouldn't it be better for you if every game was available on every platform?
>>
>>383243869
>Yeah Rocket League was it and will most likely be overpriced like Minecraft was.

It's confirmed to be $19.99.
>>
>>383243736
>Can it play SM Odyssey, BotW, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Switch, Metroid Prime 4 and so on?
>hurr durr can your console x play exclusives for the console y?
Jesus fucking Christ, it's like you're really a 12 year old.
>And can your PS4 play games on the go?
I'm fairly certain an old PS4+Vita costs less than the Switch, so yes.
>>
>>383243952
>scorpio is the first 9th gen console,
>>
File: 1460980053747.jpg (29KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
1460980053747.jpg
29KB, 300x240px
>>383244052

Lemme just save him the time of replying.
>>
>>383244046
>Wouldn't it be better for you if every game was available on every platform?

Yes, but that's completely unrealistic so there's no reason to even consider it.
>>
>>383243479
Handheld games are dead, man. Once the 3DS dies it's over.
The Switch is too powerful for a handheld so development costs are prohibitively expensive for the kind of more experimental games you see on handhelds.

I feel bad for the small devs who made all those weird ass games for the vita that will have to close shop because they can't keep up and their rabid audience isn't there anymore to accommodate them.
>>
>>383244040

I'm just trying to point out that anyone who thinks that exclusives are good in any way, is basically a company's fanboy.

They are one of most anti consumer things on the market - basically an artificial monopoly.
>>
>>383244072
>I'm fairly certain an old PS4+Vita costs less than the Switch, so yes.
You would be wrong. And let's not forget the vita memory cards either.
>>
>>383244152
>Handheld games are dead, man. Once the 3DS dies it's over.

I, too, can make unsubstantiated claims with literally no evidence to support them and mountains of evidence to the contrary.
>>
File: 3DS versus Vita.gif (2MB, 292x292px) Image search: [Google]
3DS versus Vita.gif
2MB, 292x292px
>>383244072
Vita died a long time ago, mate
>>
>>383243674
That's a perfect picture to exemplify why nintendo consoles have no 1st party.
>>
>>383244106
it technically is, i'm not defending microsoft, i think all consoles have been trash since the 6th gen (not counting the PS2) but the scorpio is the only thing that actually has hardware fitting for the 9th gen, and not a gimmicky hybrid like the Switch or a shitty half-step like the PS4 Pro
>>
>>383244193
I don't care about them anti-consumer. They are what they are.

If I want to play Xenoblade 2, I'm going to have to buy a Switch. Either buy it and play the game, or don't and not play it. Those are my options.
Rebelling or anything won't change this.
>>
>>383240606
>both of them got plenty of third-party titles and multiplats.
Nowhere near the amount the NES or SNES got. From the N64 and on wards Nintendo home consoles had a severe lack of 3rd party support compared to its competitors.
>>
>>383243952
Switch is either an 8.5 gen console, or console gens will be a dead concept in 3-4 years with another PlayStation Pro like device and an Xbox One 360.

>>383244152
Not really, if Vita devs can do well on that level of visual fidelity then there's no reason why they can't keep it at that same level of visual fidelity and aim for better performance on the Switch, it's not dead, just being fucking stupid right now.
>>
>>383244216
Handheld consoles are dying to the increasing popularity of smartphone games, though.
>>
>>383244303
The N64 was a pain to develop for and Nintendo played dirty by only telling their first party studios or Rare the tricks on how to squeeze the most out of it.

Not sure about the GC.

Either way plenty of devs have confirmed that the Switch is easy to work with and develop for and that fits Nintendo's "new" attitude with them being really open for anyone, even tiny indie devs.
>>
>>383244352

Switch is straight up a generation 9 console. Generations have nothing to do with hardware specs.
>>
>muh shitty western developed video games

what a loss
>>
>>383244352
>Switch is either an 8.5 gen console
More like 7.5
>>
>>383244385
There's definitely enough space on the market for 1 handheld at a time and since Sony seems to have given up on it after the Vita it's all for Nintendo to take.

Smartphones or not.
>>
>>383243479
well, so long as everyone else is treating it like a handheld, then i don't think it's a major problem how Nintendo markets it. it can accommodate both. i just hope interest remains in third parties bringing unique handheld-esque games over to the platform.
>>
>>383244385

People have been saying this for over a decade and there is not a shred of evidence that it is true. Stop spreading bullshit.
>>
>>383244152
The Switch is already getting smaller-scale, experimental games at lower budgets and price points. There's no reason to think that they're going away or that they're prohibitively more expensive to develop compared to on the Vita.
>>
>>383244505
The ever diminishing handheld market isn't proof enough?
The 3DS sold less than the PSP, for god's sake.
>>
>>383244414
>plenty of devs have confirmed that the Switch is easy to work with

Why haven't they worked with it or made games?

Just because it's "easy" to work with doesn't make its lack of power any less accurate.
>>
>>383244414
Here is the problem, Nintendo has to shake off their image that their consoles aren't just for Nintendo games. The N64, Game Cube, Wii, and WiiU has been a long track record of Nintendo software supremacy. Four generations to embed into peoples minds. I am reluctant at best to trust them winning over any amount of 3rd party software.
>>
>>383244714
Sure, but right now they probably have other things to worry about, such as meeting the neverending demand for Switches that they can't satisfy even remotely.
>>
>>383244646

Nintendo shot itself in the foot with the 3DS and the whole 3D thing. Not to mention the year of its launch was catastrophic, and all due to Nintendo's own failing. 3DS's relatively disappointing sales were Nintendo's own fault, as the utter failure of the Vita was Sony's. Mobile games don't factor in at all.
>>
>>383244437
I never implied they did, I consider it 8.5 gen because this gen is going to be at least as long as the previous gen, seems strange to have the first 9th gen system launch a whole standard generation before then next 9th gen system. With the move to 4k developers won't release a whole new console since in 2-3 years you'd only be getting PS4 tier graphics in 4k, there won't be a new gen for a while.
>>
>I-It's a Handheld!

Maybe they should of focues on having more than 3 hours battery life, family.
>>
>>383244714
Honestly, I think that's what they did with the WiiU and it's what bit them in the ass because it didn't have enough 1st party games as well as too few 3rd party.
They'd be better off ramping up their games production since people only buy their games anyway, and hope they sell enough consoles that smaller 3rd party games get bought in the crossfire.
>>
File: Whgat in the fuck.png (161KB, 410x356px) Image search: [Google]
Whgat in the fuck.png
161KB, 410x356px
>mfw I just realized the Switch doesn't have a D-Pad.
What the fuck? I never paid much attention to it so I never noticed.

Who the fuck does that?
>>
>>383244679

Because most third party devs want to make games that are fun to look at and not necessarily fun to play. Being limited by hardware is hard for devs because they have to focus on making a game enjoyable on its own merits without relying on shiny graphics to distract from its faults.
>>
>>383244714
The only real way Nintendo could achieve this would be to stop making titles for their own hardware, it's really on other developers to make games that compete with Nintendo's own, and other companies do actually manage to do that, every now and again,

>>383244853
Issue is largely industry wide, batteries just haven't been keeping up with other hardware,
>>
>>383239951
>Why would you compare the Switch to the X or Pro?
I don't get it either. He should compare it to the base PS4/Xbone models which are the majority of the market. It actually would be more humiliating for the Switch if he did that comparison, but whatever.

>I won't buy any multiplats on the Switch.
Well that's been Nintendo's problem ever since N64, but especially now. Nintendo consoles can NEVER be the one system each household owns, it's always in second place. You need a PS4 or PC first and foremost, only then if you have extra to spare and want specific titles do you buy a Nintendo homeconsole.
>>
The gap between Nintendo consoles and Sony/Microsoft ones is pretty much getting just as big as the Nintendo portable/home console gap a decade ago at this point.
>>
>>383243370
The 3DS sure died because people mostly bought exclusives.
>but the Wii U
The multiplats on Wii U were mostly extremely late, expensive shitty ports.
>but third parties
The 3DS had third party support. It had a bunch of exclusives that people bought. There are promising third party exclusives coming to the Switch already.
>>
>>383244916
Wanna know the real kicker? The Pro controller's D-pad is trash too.
How Nintendo of all companies managed to fuck that up is beyond me.
>>
>>383244991

>It would be humiliating for a hybrid device to be compared to a full powered console.

O... kay?
>>
>>383244802
>With the move to 4k developers won't release a whole new console since in 2-3 years you'd only be getting PS4 tier graphics in 4k, there won't be a new gen for a while.
That didn't stop Sony and Microsoft from releasing the PS4 and Xbox One that are barely, if at all, capable of running games on 1080p at acceptable framerates.
>>
>>383244991
Switch struck a chord with nornalfags, so that's not really applicable to this generation senpai.
>>
>>383244916
The four buttons on the left joycon work just fine.
>>
>>383244916
Someone with the Courage to innovate
>>
>>383245093
I don't buy that for a second, mate.
>>
File: PS1.jpg (2MB, 956x4916px) Image search: [Google]
PS1.jpg
2MB, 956x4916px
>>383240606
>are you too young to remember the gamecube or the N64? both of them had power parity with rival consoles
Why are you lying? Nintendo only had relevant 3rd party support with NES and SNES. N64 market the massive exodus of 3rd party developers to the PS1 side, most of which stuck with other systems with the majority of their work ever since.

N64 and GC both had pitiful 3rd party support compared to other system, especially the biggest competitors, PS1 and PS2. Don't get me wrong, they made very good decisions with RARE and RetroStudios for example, but those were 2nd parties, not actual neutral 3rd parties.
>>
>>383245056
>>383245105
Yeah, but like... Nigga why the fuck would I buy a NINTENDO system with no goddamn D-Pad? I KNOW my ass will have to use it in the future, because it's Nintendo.

>>383245093
Buttons aren't the same.
>>
>>383245056
I find the dpad to be great.
Sorry to hear you got a bad one.
>>
>>383245086
There was the definite visual leap between the gens, in 3 years you won't even have that. I agree with you that the resolution/framerate issue is an industry wide fuckup and companies need to have standards, and this was another issue in the 7th gen with games being 1024x 768 drawn stretched in and then drawn on the display in widescreen.
I guess they could try and pass of a generational leap if they stay with upscalers, but even then you are talking a jump comparable to jump between WiiU and Switch,
>>
I know that the switch won't get most modern ports but even older games have new appeal on a portable system.

I feel that once pokemon is on the switch and the console becomes a big fucking deal numbers wise it'll be impossible for 3rd parties to dismiss it.
>>
>>383245071
It's not hybrid in ANY way. PSP also had TV ports (that cost $10, not $100 like Switch's Dock), does that make it a hybrid? No. It's a portable.
But for a system to come 3 and a half years after the others and cost nearly double, yes, it's humiliating, regardless of any other factors.

>>383245087
Even if it does, and we don't know yet, and it breaks records over a long period of time like the PS2 or PS4 did, 4 years from now it'll match current PS4 sales (about 60m) and by then this generation is over. That's why I'm not bothered. It's too late either way, Switch's massive success, if it does happen after shortages are a thing of the past, isn't going to change this generation's course.
>>
>>383245380
>in 3 years you won't even have that
That really won't stop Sony or Microsoft from releasing next-gen consoles.
And you know people will buy them anyway, so the money's there for the taking.
>>
I don't think 3rd parties matter anymore.

Nintendo just need release good games for their own system.

Combining their handheld ips and console ones is the most genius thing they have ever done.
>>
>>383245209
That's why they have the pro controller. And tonnes of Bluetooth controllers are going to be usable with the system too.
Pokken controller already works with it and it looks like they are planning on making the GameCube adapter work... The bootleg one sort of works already
>>
>>383245532
>PSP also had TV ports (that cost $10, not $100 like Switch's Dock), does that make it a hybrid? No. It's a portable.

Don't be disingenuous. Those wires still required you hold the device in your hand, you didn't get a wireless controller or anything and you had to lean forward awkwardly. It wasn't relaxing or fun at all, and the games looked like shit to boot. It was a novelty and nothing more, just like the Super Gameboy and Gameboy Player.
>>
>>383244991
>It actually would be more humiliating for the Switch if he did that comparison, but whatever.
It wouldn't, because the Switch is portable. When Sony makes a portable PS4 Pro that costs as much or less than the Switch while being roughly the same size, you can make "humiliating comparisons".

>Nintendo consoles can NEVER be the one system each household owns, it's always in second place. You need a PS4 or PC first and foremost, only then if you have extra to spare and want specific titles do you buy a Nintendo homeconsole.
This is mostly false, and also irrelevant.
Only people with an extreme gamer-like mentality would dismiss only owning a Switch, and of those only complete idiots or people with economic problems would consider owning only one system without a PC.
>>
File: shieeee.gif (2MB, 320x193px) Image search: [Google]
shieeee.gif
2MB, 320x193px
>>383242027
>focus home interactive
>Who cares
Anon, you KNOW you can't win this battle. You KNOW that isn't the only developer, you KNOW that list will grow. In fact there were already a handful of AAA devs and publishers who straight up said "NO support", and/or are making their actions speak louder by not porting their most recent relevant games and instead porting 6 year old games, like in Bethesda's case which is gifting Switch with their 6 year old Skyrim meme, but not porting actual 2017 games like Prey, TheEvilWithin2 or Wolfenstein2.

Even japanese developers who ARE porting big games to Switch are still supporting on other consoles such as PS4 much more. Sure Square will make a DQ11 Switch port (probably, still unknown) but not FF14, FF15, World of FF, DQBuilders, and pretty much 90% of their published titles. Same with Atlus, whose SMTHD project is probably a PS4 multiplat, but even if it isn't they are still giving most of their support to Playstation.
>>
The amount of delusion found in nintenbros isn't even funny anymore, just frightening
>>
>>383245547
Everyone invested in the current PS4/Xbox one market would benefit from a longer gen, it really isn't happening anytime soon, The Switch 2 will launch around the same time as the PS5/Xbox Two, assuming these ever even come out and Sony/Msoft don't just release slightly more powerful machines every 3-4 years.
>>
>>383245936
>like in Bethesda's case which is gifting Switch with their 6 year old Skyrim meme, but not porting actual 2017 games like Prey, TheEvilWithin2 or Wolfenstein2.

The irony is that Skyrim Switch will sell better than all of those other games, probably combined.
>>
>>383244152
The saving grace of the switch in this case is the fact it can run unity/UE4 games with some basic optimization.
This makes the whole programming part of the process a LOT cheaper, and you can hide the shitty 3D indie art with layers of UE4 pretty rendering.
It's snake pass again and again and again and again.
>>
File: 1494274753195.jpg (420KB, 1024x853px) Image search: [Google]
1494274753195.jpg
420KB, 1024x853px
>>383239863
>Deliberately make it easy to port to and have enough power to run most games
>Devs come up with bullshit to not port because Nintendo was the big bad to them back in day and they'd rather be screwed over by someone else

Why not just say you don't WANT to and be honest?
>>
>>383246003
This, seriously. How can they always try to hide the countless flaws of this system so desperately in every fucking thread is beyond me. It's really fanboyism at its finest.
>>
I love how quickly this has all gone for the Nintendofaggots on /v/

It's taken a matter of three weeks to go from: "HAHAHA SONYPONIES ARE OVER I'LL BE PLAYING DARK SOULS III ON THE GO"

to "I don't even NEED third-party games, I'm happy with BOTW!"

to "third party devs are just lazy and greedy! I'm too busy playing ARMS to care!"

Enjoy your wiiU portable, friends.
>>
>>383246021
>The Switch 2 will launch around the same time as the PS5
Oh, wow. We went from absurd delusions to absurd wishful thinking.
>>
>>383246057

>Skyrim Switch will sell better than all of those other games, probably combined.

nah. Normies won't want to play it again, and Nintenbros will be put off by the lack of bing bing wahoo
>>
Why can't Nintendo just make a normal console without any shitty gimmicks that is as powerful as a PS4 and Xbox1
>>
File: 1231234123.jpg (508KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1231234123.jpg
508KB, 1200x800px
>>383246330
Nah mate people bought the Switch for 1st and 2nd parties and PC for literally everything else

You're living in a fantasy land if you think they ONLY have a console
>>
>>383246396

Because they're a toy manufacturer. Not a console developer.
>>
>>383246003

What's delusional is pretending the Switch isn't getting ready to be a massively successful knockout the Wii, a statement which already has some evidence to support it. How can you possibly pretend the Switch is a failure in the face of its instant success? I can tell you who's suffering from some form of delusion here, and it isn't me.
>>
File: YourArgument.jpg (107KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
YourArgument.jpg
107KB, 500x667px
>>383245809
All of what you said is irrelevant to the technical function and naming of a "hybrid" or "portable"
PSP's cables to exactly the same the Switch dock or the recent cheap portable chinese (superior) Switch rip-off ports do.
Also the cables were quite long, I don't see how it's awkward to hold a PSP as usual, it turned the device into a controller, shutting off the device's screen, and displaying the image on the TV. (hey... this sounds strangely familiar to a certain recently releaes console.. hmmm)
Need I remind you that PSP released in 2004? It's pretty stupid of you to be talking about wireless controllers when the homeconsoles of that era were the GC/PS2/Xbox. Wired was standard, I'm not sure why you'd expect a cheaper portable machine to be that ahead of homeconsoles.

I played countless hours of MHFU on the TV with this method. Sure the image quality wasn't as good compared to that time's standard (480p with homeconsoles at best) but the same can be said of Switch's image quality, which has a lot of 720p games and most 1080p games lack AA or any other post-processing to smooth it out.

>>383246057
How is that relevant or even good to you as a consumer?
"Haha I'm missing out on 3 games, but this 6 year old port of a game I already played 50 times will sell better. That makes me happy, haha"
>>
>>383246450
He thinks the Switch won't be relevant until it gets LGBT representation
>>
>>383246450
Just stop please
>>
>>383246423

>t-there's no such thing as Nintendo fanboys on /v/
>w-w-we're PC master race!

Nah. If you have a gaming PC, the switch is basically useless.
>>
>>383246396

Every time they have attempted to making a current gen console they have failed disastrously, and their best success is with their most underpowered consoles. Really, what motivation could Nintendo possibly have to make a powerful console?
>>
>>383246536
In case you don't understand people who actually have money don't care about sides

They just play what they want and where their interests lie
>>
>>383245202
This here, Can someone compile an image like The picture here with Nintendo games.
Hard Mode, Dont include Nintendos flagship, Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Starfox style games.
>>
>>383246529

Why? I'm not even that attached to the Switch, I just can't stand delusional morons who deny the plain and obvious truth in front of them. The Switch is undeniably successful, and while that can always change, there is no evidence at this moment to suggest it will. So stop being a consolememing faggot and look at things as they are, not how you want them to be.
>>
File: snaek.jpg (157KB, 983x551px) Image search: [Google]
snaek.jpg
157KB, 983x551px
Hello, i'm just here to inform that any developer opinion about the switch hardware need to be invalidated if his game don't look as technically demanding as the game on the picture, that is an indie game using an non custom engine.

Which means that 2D games in general are off the table.
>>
>>383246620

>people who actually have money

People who actually have money don't waste it on marios. People who have access to mummy and daddy's credit card do.
>>
BING BING *1-UP!* WAHOOO
>>
didn't stop them from spewing out ever piece of shit that comes out onto the Wii
it can be done
>>
>>383246423

and the same shit was being said about the wiiU two years ago.
>>
File: 1497956843517.png (22KB, 670x869px) Image search: [Google]
1497956843517.png
22KB, 670x869px
>>383246423
>Nah mate people bought the Switch for 1st and 2nd parties and PC for literally everything else
>this meme again.
That's why cemu threads are always filled with mad dones, for example. In general there is not a single thing that could actually make think people that there are more PC+Switch owners than Sony system + Pc owner. Even here, if anything, PC sony system ports threads are always filed with people that already played the those games on console and bought them a second time on PC for an enhanced experience, and PC only fags who cares about console games always talk about how they want sony sistem or old xbox games, while the nintendo games cleraly don't have the same appeal for them
The truth is that you switchildren are clinging to that meme as hard as possible to desperatly minimize the counteless flaws of this system.
>who cares if it's an overpriced wii u portable that makes devs laugh, WE HAVE A PC, did you heard it, sonyfriends? WE HAVE A PC (so the flaws of this system don't matter, stop pointing them out, please).
And it's not even true at all, at least surely not more than sonybros with a PC.
>>
File: 2017-07-08-07-05-32-.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-08-07-05-32-.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Don't really care about Nintendo went with the best option they had for the time for a hybrid device they like to call it. Qualcomm is too expensive and they have to fight with other phone oems like Samsung,LG,an HTC for these chips so it would of been a worse shortage on parts than they are even now having.

Ryzen mobile hasn't release yet and no idea if it would of did good or not in this type of device. Nvidia was the only option. Nintendo benefits from Nvidia already working in Arm as well with porting engines and other shit. I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia did the whole underlying code for the switch with Nintendo making suggestions. Also not like shield tvs were flying off store shelves. Nvidia probably happy as fuck tegra x1 is selling.

People asking for power of PS4 don't realize how big this shit would be the laptop here is 2,500+ tax has a 1080 in it for a super thin portable it's still big as fuck.
>>
File: 1318747327241.jpg (5KB, 170x213px) Image search: [Google]
1318747327241.jpg
5KB, 170x213px
>power only matters when nintendo doesnt have it
shills out in force today
>>
File: 1497243193674.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1497243193674.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>>383239951
I guess I'm the weird guy for playing mostly non-nintendo games on my 3DS, not multiplats per-se but third-party games
>>
>>383247129
>cemu threads
>LITERALLY PERFECT WITH NO FLAWS
>anyone points out sound issues, graphical hiccups, games not even launching
>UR JUST A MAD DRONE

every single thread
>>
Is the switch flopping outside of Japan?

It's selling like shit in Europe. What about the rest of the world?
>>
>>383247404

If PC players encounter sound issues, graphical hiccups, or CTD on launch, they deal with the problem and fix it.

So, only drones really do make these complaints on those threads, yes.
>>
It's still going to be a massive success regardless.

Kek u mad?
>>
>>383247490
>It's still going to be a massive success regardless.
Just like the wiiu
>>
>>383247404

Every emulation thread in general. I remember when people said the PSP was a flawless emulation machine when it could barely emulate most SNES games.
>>
File: 1482096226232.jpg (14KB, 251x188px) Image search: [Google]
1482096226232.jpg
14KB, 251x188px
>>383240234
>Make gigantic roasted turkey
>Hey man all I've got is this saucer but can you put the turkey on there
>Dude the turkey is 5 times the size of that saucer, if I try it the turkey will fall off and I'll have wasted money
>Wtf dude stop being lazy and just try it
>>
>>383247546

Wii U was dead on arrival, so far the Switch is doing very well. Totally different circumstances.
>>
>>383247602

>when it could barely emulate most SNES games.
what dimension are you from? The PSP emulates basically everything up to PSX. The only thing I can't get it working with is some saturn games
>>
>>383247412
Europe never gave a shit about nintendo, especially the eastern parts
>>
>>383240234
>>383240234

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=067ZRcsrdeM
>>
>>383247740

Case in point.
>>
>>383240019
They already are doing that though.
>>
>>383247546
Just like the DS, Wii and 3DS
>>
>>383247802

>Case in point.

Refutations are the opposite of that.
>>
>>383247602
You don't expect the proud system warriors of PCMR to admit openly that 'constant, never dropping 60FPS' actually means 'mostly 45 but I saw the counter climb to 58 twice so that counts'.
Bonus points when the post is made by toaster / craptop owner from the 'such PC surely exists so my experience is superior even if I get low 20s at low detail settings' perspective.
>>
>>383247404
No, not at all. The problem is that almost always you can't even talk about sound issues, graphical hiccups, games not even launching because they drones will flood the thread with the usual bitching you can find in every emulation threads:
>go but the console you shitty poorfags
>you seriously bought a 200k dollars PC for that shit? LOL
>so this is the power of PC
And so on. An when you try to reply and point out out some obvious points they will shitpost like they are there only to shit on PC. And not even make me start about the hellish autistic melt down they had during the cemu btow thread spam period.
It's absolutely obvious that there is not a single difference between sony fags and nintendo fags when we talk about PC, desperately trying to make it look there is a special connection between nintendo fags and pc is absolutely dishonest.
>>
>>383247962

I'd advise you to stop. Arguing with Nintenbros is pointless because they're zealots, and zealots can't concede a point. They're not allowed.

I mean, look at this thread. They're flip-flopping harder than Nintendo share prices.
>>
>focus home
who've published such great titles as
-
and who could forget
-
>>
>>383241124
Nintendo has always had this attitude with 3Rd party development, though.
In SNES times, they had to pay ridiculously high royalties to Nintendo on every cartridge they produced, buy expensive as shit development kits...
At the time, the 3Rd party devs just did what they were told because the SNES market was so damn big they couldn't do without it.
At the first sign of weakness from Nintendo, they just thought "fuck these bastards" and ran to Sony. Hence why Square severed a very long relationship with Nintendo to release FFVII on the PS1.

And I don't think the cartridge choice was what killed the N64 (but it didn't help).
I have lived the 16-bits to 64-bits transition, and I can tell you, everyone was very excited for the N64. What killed it were the countless delayed release dates that allowed Sony and Sega to release their cd consoles. People just bought these, by the time the N64 came along, everybody was used to cd games, loading times, and did not have the money to buy another console.
>>
>>383240323
>The Titanfall Dev laughed at them.
He was drunk.

>>383240234
>>383247692
>>383240426
Size doesn't matter just cut it in pieces. The devs are most likely similar like the luxury retaurants, you pay for fancy looking and expensive food that taste like pet food. Le Big Switch
>>
>>383239863
It's a fucking handheld with TV out you dolts, like the PSP. You people (and these westen devs) are retarded.
>>
>>383248413

>Le Big Switch
>sells you three year old food because you might not have eaten eaten it when they were chateau wiiu
>>
>>383248247
>And I don't think the cartridge choice was what killed the N64 (but it didn't help).
Well, it did chase off Square, and I think that was a major blow.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/nintendo_apparently_told_square_never_come_back_after_losing_final_fantasy_vii_to_sony
>>
>>383248413
>Size doesn't matter just cut it in pieces.
That's the whole fucking point.
When you develop for PC / PS4 / XBONE you make one 'build' and tweak it a little.
For Switch, devs would need to remake large chunks of the game from the ground up to accommodate the lack of power.
>>
>Nintendo tells idiots it's a home console
>uses that to sell it for 349 bux+
>people expect it to match the power of a home console they could have bought for 299 bux or less
>Nintendo fans go ape over western devs telling them the obvious truth

You got swindled, kids. It's not a contender, its a mario machine. Again.
>>
File: Ouya_072613_1280.jpg (225KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ouya_072613_1280.jpg
225KB, 1280x720px
>>383240827
This! remember when people where asked what games they expected for the Ouya and the top answers where Skyrim and CoD.
>>
>>383246234
>Why not just say you don't WANT to and be honest?
you too will bullshit your way around rather than admit you are scared of fighting on someone else home turf and getting demolished
>>
>>383248910
>its a mario machine
What if someone wants a Mario machine?
>>
>>383248910

>349 bux

Why are you lying?
>>
>people unironically expecting games in the first two years

It's the PS4 all over again. Just this time /v/ is doing what Neogaf did after the PS4 launch - suck corporate cock and fight the console war.
>>
>>383249080

Then that's their choice. They won't be satisfied, but they will at least pretend they are.
>>
>>383249113
People who hate the Switch really love to add random numbers to its price, for some reason.
>>
File: top 5 games.png (124KB, 2274x800px) Image search: [Google]
top 5 games.png
124KB, 2274x800px
>>383243674
>>383243552
>>
>>383239951
Because the switch is one generation ahead of the x or pro
>>
>>383249385
Why does Japan have such superior fucking taste?
>>
>>383249113
Not him but he probably saw some bundle and confused it with just a console.
I checked some shops an they list Switches for 324.99 Euro and Splatoon 2 Switch bundle (preorder) for 359.99 Euro.
>>
>>383249385
Hmm. I'm interested in five games on that list.
>>
File: maxresdefault (58).jpg (387KB, 2118x1157px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (58).jpg
387KB, 2118x1157px
For someone who doesn't have or care about pc or haven't joined the 8th generation gaming, the xbox one x is a way better value the switch. Who the hell wants to play mario and zelda all over again? I don't understand why nintendo guys are shitting on third party devs.
>>
File: 1496899225720.jpg (47KB, 603x339px) Image search: [Google]
1496899225720.jpg
47KB, 603x339px
>>383244249
>That's a perfect picture to exemplify why nintendo consoles have no 1st party.
>>
>>383249385
This perfectly describes the average European gamer.
>>
File: 1498789234614.gif (2MB, 294x270px) Image search: [Google]
1498789234614.gif
2MB, 294x270px
>>383249385
>sport games
>>
File: 2017-03-15 00.57.17.jpg (484KB, 1392x783px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-15 00.57.17.jpg
484KB, 1392x783px
>>383249557
Me. BoTW was great. Mario is always fun and somewhat even challenging puzzle plaformer.

Nintendo keep making good games with the same themes. So I keep buying them. Because they are good.
>>
>>383249385
>fifa '15 through '17
why do europeans have such awful taste
>>
>>383239863
The real question is WHY NO LOCALIZATION?
I want my Mana Saga in an alphabet I can read.
>>
File: removed the terrible games.png (3MB, 2118x1157px) Image search: [Google]
removed the terrible games.png
3MB, 2118x1157px
>>383249557
I went ahead and removed the terrible games on your list, and marked the ones that are supposed to be played on PC in blue

That only leaves you with two reasons why and Xbone is worth buying, Halo and Gears of war, and they're both just ports of games I still have for my 360
>>
File: 817349129018.jpg (47KB, 600x556px) Image search: [Google]
817349129018.jpg
47KB, 600x556px
>>383239994
REALLY GREAT
>>
File: lost.png (600KB, 575x555px) Image search: [Google]
lost.png
600KB, 575x555px
>>383249557
>>383249797
>>383249924
>tfw still no MCC on PC
fucking microsoft is gonna release halo 6 on pc but not mcc
>>
>>383249557
>No sunset overdrive.
You are shit!
>>
File: 1499515513239.jpg (262KB, 1392x783px) Image search: [Google]
1499515513239.jpg
262KB, 1392x783px
>>383249797
I went ahead and removed the terrible games on your image
>>
I'm glad I bought a GPD Win instead of a switch now
>>
File: FB_IMG_1479492707591.jpg (25KB, 640x688px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479492707591.jpg
25KB, 640x688px
>>383239863
>"Big names"
>THQ Nordic

>implying the reason why they aren't porting to switch isn't because they're massive fuckups that can't code or optimize for shit
>>
>>383250110
>Saying BotW and HZD are worse than Rooty Tooty Point and Shooty in Spess Collection
>This shit of taste

Both BotW and HZD as flawed as they are still had more gameplay mechanics in the tutorial than Halos had in 6 games.
>>
>>383239863
Wii U part deux.
>>
File: cover_large (1).jpg (304KB, 600x775px) Image search: [Google]
cover_large (1).jpg
304KB, 600x775px
>>383249924
But all those games run fine on the xbox one and xbox one x. Ryse isn't even a bad game but because sony media bais everyone just decided to shit on the game on launch. Xbox one has more just halo and gears.
>>
>>383250215

>"Big names"
>THQ Nordic
>implying /v/ isn't looking forward to darksiders 3 and switch babbies are going to ruin all those threads from now on with salt
>>
>>383243674
>Only 1 non-remake exclusive in top 30 PS4 games
>That game is Uncharted 4
>A fucking movie game with sales inflated by a Christmas console bundle
>Top selling games are generic shooters and FIFA
Wow, the PS4 truly is a dudebro console.
>>
File: 1499515513239.jpg (264KB, 1392x783px) Image search: [Google]
1499515513239.jpg
264KB, 1392x783px
>>383249924
I went ahead and removed the terrible games on your list, and marked the ones that are supposed to be played on PC in blue
That leaves you 0 reason to buy the switch, and why even buy the ps4?
>>
>>383250286
STILL the best Insomniac game of this gen
>>
>>383240606
>are you too young to remember the gamecube or the N64? both of them had power parity with rival consoles

t. Nintendo revisionist
>>
File: TheHomer.png (63KB, 315x183px) Image search: [Google]
TheHomer.png
63KB, 315x183px
>>
File: xboxe.jpg (168KB, 1057x603px) Image search: [Google]
xboxe.jpg
168KB, 1057x603px
>>383239863
I didn't buy a switch for AAA multiplat garbage
>>
>>383250286
>But all those games run fine on the xbox one

>10 minute loading screens and 20 FPS
>"fine"
I mean, they work okay if you've never used a computer before I guess
>>
>>383250256
>HZD is good
>breath of the shit is good
loving every laugh
>>
>>383250517
PS2 and PS1 were the weakest consoles of their gen, they also had 99% shovelware garbage for games
>>
>>383240606
>both of them got plenty of third-party titles and multiplats
lul
>>
>>383249894
Because the Mana collection is from the company that couldn't understand why Dragon Quest V on DS wasn't selling more copies in the west after it had sold out and they weren't making more copies to sell.
>>
>>383250556
>b-b-bbut my mom's computer!!!
oh look it's a pcmr pleb
>>
>>383250601
Where the actual fuck did I say they were good and not that they were just better than Halo?
>>
>>383250675
Nigga I've played Witcher 3 on an Xbone before and the loading times are insane

I don't know what happened to you on reddit that made you this way, but its just fucking common sense that you should play multiplats on PC, especially when the console ports run so poorly
>>
>>383250745
>I've played Witcher 3
why
>>
>>383250360
Actually, the Uncharted 4 bundle was released in September and I'm pretty sure there are still plenty of them available in stores. At this rate, it's THE 2016-2017 bundle.
>>
>>383250602
>still butthurt that sony was better
Man just move one, Sony even made Nintendo have to sell out to casual with the wii full of shovelware
>>
>>383250831
Because I played Witcher 1 and 2 and wanted to play the sequel?
>>
>>383250974
but why?
>>
File: 1483165446364.png (173KB, 2688x2688px) Image search: [Google]
1483165446364.png
173KB, 2688x2688px
>>383250928
>HAHAHA PS1 AND PS2 WERE THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME, THEY WERE THE STRONGEST OF THEIR GEN AND HAD THE BEST GAMES
"actually they were the weakest and their games were mostly shovelware trash"
>B-BUT THE WII HAHAHA SONY IS SO GREAT
>>
>>383250831

Because it's a great game, you dunce.
>>
>>383250536
Yeah, I bought a switch for Nintendo games and "unique" games. Not multiplaforms.
>>
>>383251010
Because he actually plays games instead of shit posting on /v/ 18 hours a day like some sort of Chinese gold farmer
>>
>>383247962
man, remember when xbots existed?

it feels like its been 10 years since xbox existed, but it still does and NO ONE talks about protecting the damn thing like the 360 days

wish it would happen with nintendo and sony
just no more fags
>>
>>383251010
Because I like the books and setting?
Just because Witcher 3 became a meme game doesn't mean it wasn't alright, The first witcher game is still the best one though
>>
The problem is that Nintendo was Not clear enough on whether the fucking thing was supposed to be a Home console or handheld
Every fucking person thinks it is supposed to be one of the two and could not possibly be the other with most devs assuming that it is a handheld and thus putting it lot on their list of priorities because they assume that the only shit that belongs on it is easy to make shovelware and shit like pokemon
>>
>>383251120
eh
>>
Sooner or later the Wii U will satisfy the 5 exclusives I want to play rule for me. I am kind of hoping a hardware revision happens first.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild - 1.0
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 0.5 (half point for previous release)
Super Mario Odyssey 10.27.17 - 1.0
Xenblade Chronicles 2 12.29.17 - 1.0
Total - 3.5
>>
>>383251131
>Nintendo was Not clear enough on whether the fucking thing was supposed to be a Home console or handheld
its both
I don't know how many times they need to say it
>>
>>383251058
>n64uses cartridges
>strong
>GC uses cucked dvds
>strong
HAHAHAHAAHa
>>
>>383251220
autism
>>
>>383251220
>5 exclusives
>2 aren't

neat
>>
File: 1430892751133.gif (959KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1430892751133.gif
959KB, 1024x1024px
>>383251418
Cartridges were objectively better than memeCDs at everything that wasn't playing movies

Gamecube itself was literally objectively stronger than the PS2, again, the only downside was that it had a smidge less space for movies on the disc.
>>
>>383248594
>Square jumps ship to Sony because they want to put movies in their games
>Their movie obsession culminates in a CGI Final Fantasy movie
>It's an unprecedented success, making them hundreds of millions of dollars
>Square gets bought out by Disney
>Disney-Square is now the most successful name in animated movies
Wait, was that how it happened?
>>
>>383251221
Spec wise its a handheld though.
>>
>>383249826
A lot of people buy ps4 just to play fucking fifa
>>
>>383251802

muh vaseline textures
>>
>>383251820
Honestly though, specs haven't meant anything since the Genesis era when it comes to consoles.
They're all shit, so all that matters is what games you can't play on something else.
>>
File: tumblr_os9zxu8kD31w5ggi2o1_1280.png (321KB, 590x396px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_os9zxu8kD31w5ggi2o1_1280.png
321KB, 590x396px
>>383239863
It's also very liekly that nintendo requires anything on the system to work in both modes, so it's still limited by what the portable mode can do, even if the game will work docked(I highly doubt this since it's still weaker than the 360 in the docked state). Nintendo is just going to have to carry this one with first parties again.
>>
>>383251883
>specs haven't meant anything since the Genesis era when it comes to consoles.
>all that matters is what games you can't play on something else.

Those are contradictory statements.
>>
>>383244916
unless you have a microscopic thumb, there is no difference
>>
>>383251881
The only people that thought there was a problem with N64 textures are the memer kids playing emulated games on their laptop.

You would never fucking notice that they were a little blurry on a 480p CRT television, you would however notice how janky and jittery every game on the PS1 was, as well as the shitty loading times
>>
>>383251131

No. That isn't the problem. The problem is and will always be power. Nintendo built a portable that can be hooked up to a tv. Simple as that. Modern games are harder to port to mobile. Most just can't. By going mobile they effectively eliminated a huge chunk of games and publishers.

>bbbbut its not a mobile, its a home console too!!!

Sure it is. A home console with mobile parts never meant to play current gen games. With every single part of the thing known and seen in tear downs how can anyone just completely ignore this part? Its a ok tier tablet. NOT a pc/xboxone/ps4. Fact.
>>
>>383251949
>Those are contradictory statements.
Exclusives are all that matters these days, multiplats are best played on PC anyway so it doesn't matter which console they're on, especially now that all three consoles charge an online sub fee.

If its not an exclusive they can fuck off.
>>
>>383251418
Neither of those have anything to do with power. Content, sure but not power.
>>
File: 1446014267762.gif (318KB, 192x256px) Image search: [Google]
1446014267762.gif
318KB, 192x256px
>>383251941
>even if the game will work docked(I highly doubt this since it's still weaker than the 360 in the docked state).

>Wii U was stronger than the Xbox 360
>Switch is stronger than the Wii U
>somehow Switch is now weaker than the Xbox 360
>>
File: image.jpg (139KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139KB, 960x544px
>2016: PS Vita's got a ton of good indies in hindsight, and finally portable Risk of Rain!
Fucking indieshit who cares they're on my PC
>2017: Switch gets 3 indies
It's good to see a portable platform getting worthwhile indie titles for a change

The narrative always changes when Nintendo does it.

Anyways
>underpowered console
I think the successor will be competitive. As a whole, "graphics" will be barely tweaked from here on out across all platforms. Visuals are hitting a plateau, where framerate and load times will be made better, and that's about it. So the Switch isn't the best segway, but it should be viewed as such. It's here for now, and you'll only truly enjoy it if you really like Nintendo games.
>>
>>383251802
So stronk that they failed so hard that made nintendo change their vision on how to sell their shit
Just stop man, you are pathetic
>>
>Switch is basically a portable Wii U
>Wii U was basically just a slightly better PS3/360
Nintendo is now two generations behind.
>>
File: 1499476529071.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499476529071.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
Why isn't there a switch bundle with a REAL controller?

I ain't playin with no DILDO
>>
>>383252093
Just look at how they changed of mind with that shit rabbid game
>>
>>383249826
As apposed to Americans playing garbage shooters?
>>
>>383251883
>Honestly though, specs haven't meant anything since the Genesis era when it comes to consoles.

Ummm, bitch? Specs do matter. If your game isn't running smoothly, that means your toaster has a hard time keeping up with shit. That's why Gradius 3 had slowdown, that's why Cruis'n USA on the N64 had pop-up out the ass, that's why Dead Rising on the Wii had 5 Zombies being the cap.

There's only so much a programmer can work with in limitations. Shit's not like clever palette swaps on the GBC or C64 that tricked you into thinking shit could pull off more colors, you're talking about being able to fit 5 tons in a 1000lb elevator here. Accuse developers of being lazy all you like, but there are cases when shit just won't run.

That said, I think Nintendo jumped ship a little too soon.
>>
>>383241124
>The Wii was garbage system with mostly terrible games

Nah fuck off. They were some great games on it.
>>
>>383252228
Why do you compare a handheld to home consoles?
>>
>>383252394
The wii u had better games than the wii and it can play wii games
>>
DITCH THE SWITCH
>>
>>383251994
its a nintendo system
you will play nintendo games on it

its also a different age now
it isn't 4th gen anymore, nintendo has been since the N64 days just doing nintendo things, ie doing what they want.

nintendo hasn't been trying to be top tier graphics ever, just making fun games for the last 30+ years.
>>
>>383252353
exactly

EVERYONE thought it was going to be shit, but we got a strange mix of mario and xcom and im fine with that.
>>
>>383248247
It was A problem. Not THE problem.
Delayed hardware while everyone played virtua fighter and tohshinden scared Square off.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170704-011534.jpg (472KB, 1410x1726px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170704-011534.jpg
472KB, 1410x1726px
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>383252626
>is okay when nintendo does it
Kill yourself
>>
>>383252479
Well, maybe. The Wii U also had great games.

Now, if you were saying that the ps4 or xbox one had better games, you would expose your shit taste.
>>
>>383252228
Quite but not quite.
The switch is a very, very, very slow PS4, rather than a slightly faster WiiU.
The difference might not be obvious at first, but as soon you try to do anything 8th gen on the switch and WiiU, it gets glaringly obvious.

Fast racing neo tried to do 8th gen shit on the WiiU, and as a result it runs at 640x720.
Same game, improved effects, it jumps to 1920x1080 on the Switch while docked and full 1280x720 while undocked.
But this only happens when actually doing shit like PBR, TXAA, Ambient occlusion etc..
If you treat the switch like a WiiU, you will have a marginally faster WiiU.
>>
>>383252392
Obviously I didn't mean quite that literally you melon, but we all know that the power of modern consoles isn't a huge deal and they all can run everything just fine (as far as consoles go), but PC will always run it better unless the game is cheaply outsourced to Taiwan or some shit.

Multiplats don't matter at all for consoles because they're all weak compared to PC anyway, so all that really matters is exclusives. Doesn't matter if they're 1st or 3rd party exclusives, but the only reason to get a console is for the games it has that nothing else has.
>>
>>383252514
>nintendo hasn't been trying to be top tier graphics ever

Super Nintendo. GameCube.

>just making fun games for the last 30+ years.
Most of the games people enjoyed on their NES and SNES, arguably even N64 weren't Nintendo made.

Disregarding 3rd parties is spitting on history.
>>
>>383252408
Because Nintendo wants 3rd party support and they aren't going to get it unless they bring what MS and Sony are bringing to the table.
>>
>>383252514

Yep. All of this is true. BUT everything I said is true as well.

Unfortunately we can't have it both ways, having a Ninty system that launches on par or ahead of the pack. We must once buy a system for mainly first party support only.

Nintendo does make fun games. But so do other companies. Sucks those games can't be played on outdated hardware....
>>
>>383246741
It's yet another game that runs on Unreal, where devs just throw models in and then hit a preset, there's nothing impressive about it.
>>
>>383252093
>this mad
>>
>>383252851
The 3ds had lots of 3rd party support and it obviously isn't as powerful as consoles, the switch is taking up that role.
>>
File: 1499269149415.png (162KB, 514x672px) Image search: [Google]
1499269149415.png
162KB, 514x672px
I would have bought a switch if they made all the WiiU games backwards compatible. I don't know why they just bite the bullet and fucking do it. Everyone knows they scammed the idiots that bought a WiiU.
>>
>>383252093
>Visuals are hitting a plateau, where framerate and load times will be made better, and that's about it.

You know everyone said that about the 360 and PS3, right?
>>
>>383252974
Yeah a lot of shovelware support

The best 3ds games are nintendo games
>>
>>383239951
What the fuck is the point of it then? Why would I buy a Switch over an X or a Pro? The shitty bing bing wahoo rehashes it gets every time?
>>
>>383252353
>wtf! a potential shitty game is NOT a shitty game?! I can't accept this!
>>
>>383253016
>I would have bought a switch if they made all the WiiU games backwards compatible.

They ditched AMD and Panasonic, so that's not gonna happen.
>>
>>383251802
>Cartridges were objectively better than memeCDs at everything that wasn't playing movies
That's stupid.
They failed at STORING BITS AT GOOD VOLUME/PRICE ratio which is kind of a big deal for fucking STORAGE MEDIA.
You can argue about fast access / transfer speeds but those happened at the expense of capacity.
>>
>>383253016
>I would have bought a switch if they made all the WiiU games backwards compatible. I don't know why they just bite the bullet and fucking do it.
Because the switch would then need a disc drive and compatability with every controller the Wii U used?

Its not like the PS4 where every console before it used pretty much the same controller and storage media
>>
>>383253016

I really want DK Tropical Freeze and Bayonetta 1+2 on my Switch. If I could have that, I'd sell my Wii U without a second thought.
>>
>>383253074
Why would you buy a X or Pro 4 years after xbone/PS4 came out? Why don't you already have one?

You buy Nintendo systems for nintendo games alongside other systems
>>
>>383253134
So what you're saying is, CDs were good for publishers because they got to save a lot of money by selling us a shittier storage device?
>>
>>383253016
>they scammed the idiots that bought a WiiU
They scammed everyone, a WiiU is still an infinitely better purchase than a switch, yet WiiU was a failure and the switch is selling for no real reason. Dumb, scammed consumers sheep being consumer sheep.
>>
>>383252909
That IS my exact point.
If you have a game that looks worse and runs worse than a game that was made by simply getting unreal and tossing some models in and hitting the preset, you're a dev so bad your opinion on the matter should not count.

And if your game is fucking 2D, it not should count and half.
>>
>>383240624
And 4 and 1 are still much more powerful than the Switch. Remember, World is on every single current system except NS. There is a reason for that.
>>
>>383253276
>buying a console for horsepower

pretty pathetic to be h
>>
>>383253276
Is the reason that the game is 3+ years in development before the switch existed?
>>
File: 1400729063764.jpg (14KB, 556x561px) Image search: [Google]
1400729063764.jpg
14KB, 556x561px
>>383253262
>And if your game is fucking 2D, it not should count and half.

>there are still kids that think 2D immediately means shitty and cheap

>even though assets are harder and more expensive to make than 3D assets
>>
>nintendobabies insulting other nintendobabies for buying a console sold by their same master
This is pathetic
>>
File: 1496423182915.gif (3MB, 353x209px) Image search: [Google]
1496423182915.gif
3MB, 353x209px
>>383253148
Why the fuck can't the gooks think ahead and make the switch handier for porting the old games on the failed Wii U console?

Like how they are not fucking just porting the games from the Wii to the Switch? Why do they insist on creating such fucking complicated dungheaps of consoles?
>>
>>383253227
>WiiU was a failure and the switch is selling for no real reason.

The reason is that the Switch is delivering the promise that the Wii U failed to fulfill. Everyone who saw the Gamepad assumed it was going to mean portable console games, and when the truth came out no one wanted it any more. People want the Switch now because they were waiting for the portable hybrid that Nintendo made everyone think the Wii U was by failing to show the console and focusing so hard on the Gamepad.
>>
>>383252845
Man, zelda, Mario world, f zero...
That and SF II sold the machine
>>
>>383253435
>Everyone who saw the Gamepad assumed it was going to mean portable console games
Nintendobabies are retarded
Nice to know
>>
>>383253364
2D is many things.
Harder to animate, harder to not look like mobile shit, requires more artists.
But being heavier than 3D is not one of em.

2D was maxed out by the sega dreamcast pretty much.
>>
>>383253397
>make 0 argument thinking who is who
Pathetic tbqhfs
>>
>>383249665
That's not really fair, up here it's NHL instead of theater school simulator
>>
>>383253560
>But being heavier than 3D is not one of em.
>2D was maxed out by the sega dreamcast pretty much.

Its cheaper and easier to just make a 3D model and move it around than it is to draw a unique frame for everything that character will ever do

We could have beautiful traditionally animated games, not just sprites, actual hand drawn games sort of like what Cuphead is doing.

But faggot kids immediately screech "REEEE ITS 2D SO THAT MEANS ITS ONLY WORTH $10 ITS AN INDIE GAME, REAL GAMES ARE ONLY 3D!"
>>
File: 1499046810622.jpg (17KB, 542x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499046810622.jpg
17KB, 542x540px
I love this "who give a fuck about third parties" narratives that nintenbros have built up to justify every big holiday releases by third parties will not be on switch
>>
>>383249442
nope
>>
>>383253516
>He never saw topics complaining about the games they should've put in the NES Classic and SNES Mini
>>
>>383253532

No, it was EVERYONE. No one fucking knew what the Wii U was supposed to be because Nintendo's marketing was shit and they focused so hard on the Gamepad while refusing to show the console itself that it gave tons of people the wrong impression.

Back when the Wii U was first announced and being marketed, people were arguing about what the console was and what its capabilities were. The fact that people had to argue about the basics of the hardware features shows just how shit the marketing was, and that's why the Wii U was a failure. The Switch, on the other hand, has had very succinct and clear marketing. From the very first reveal trailer, NO ONE has been confused about what it is, and that's why it's selling so well now.
>>
>>383252949
Wot?
>>383253054
That was still accurate, but there was obviously room for improvement. As it stands right now, there is no need to push visuals beyond what games like Horizon, Ghost Recom Wildlands, and RDR2 (should be on par) have accomplished. Those are AAA budgeted games, and most studios can't push that threshold via budget alone. And 4K right now is a legit meme, and I hope it gets ignored in favor of performance.

The leading hardware is sufficient for "muh graffix" right now. Framerate needs to be pushed at this point, which would just make everyone happy until the 4K meme becomes a reality.
>>
>>383253134
Most CD based games only used the increased capacity of CDs for redbook audio and cutscenes. So basically cancer.
>>
>"The switch lacks 3rd party!"
I agre-
>"Where's my Madden, CoD, etc!"
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
File: marina.jpg (63KB, 498x613px) Image search: [Google]
marina.jpg
63KB, 498x613px
>>383239863
You're looking at it the wrong way. Being different is good. Sure, it is of value to the big publisher and developers to have another platform they can port their games too easily, but it's not valuable for the consumer to have a billion different platforms that play largely the same games a little worse or a little better than their competitors.

What is valuable is that each platform has unique games that you can't find anywhere else.. Not just Nintendo's games, because it's a Nintendo console, but all those Vita and 3DS developers that need a new platform to call their home.

Don't you think that handheld consoles have had some underrated and fantastic games over the years? Now we are seeing a future for the Level 5's and the Atlus' to keep making those fantastic handheld games that you can now also play comfortably on the big screen.
>>
>>383253727
I don't give a fuck about the reddit emuconsole, I'm just talking about what made the system a success at the time. Maybe you weren't born during the snes' launch.
>>
I remember times when kids expected NX to be stronger or equal to XBO. Pathetic.
How dumb you have to be to expect portable XBO in 2017?
>>
File: image.jpg (196KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196KB, 960x544px
>>383252353
While there was charm in the reveal/non gameplay trailer, the game looks like babbys first Xcom, which is fine for Ninten kiddos, but should be absolutely unacceptable to anyone over the age of 15.

I can see its conception
>let's make a new game in a genre we haven't explored
>to make it sell, put Mario in it
>to have a fail safe, collab with a turd party
>now it's just a spinoff on a spinoff console wacky wahoo Bing Bing the onus is on Ubisoft now
>>
File: doa4-s25[1].jpg (116KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
doa4-s25[1].jpg
116KB, 1024x576px
>>383253816
>Those are AAA budgeted games, and most studios can't push that threshold via budget alone.

That will change as the technology drops in price. It's how things always go. Again, people were saying the exact same things back with the 360 and PS3 about how visuals have plateaued and there will never be another major generation again and so on; after all, we're pushing the limits of budgets and we can't afford to keep pushing graphics forward by budget alone! By the way, pic related is one of the games people were looking at while saying these things. Hopefully you can see that it wasn't remotely true then, and I severely doubt it's true now. Technology will continue to improve and come down in price and eventually we will have a breakthrough that creates a new generation of consoles and then everyone will say THAT is the new plateau.
>>
>>383253435
So suddenly the library doesn't matter anymore when we talk about switch. The "promise" was a hybrid, so people should buy it only because of that, even when so far has done nothing more than leeching WiiU's library and the 3DS still has an infinitely better portable library. It can't even work that well as hybrid since third party is going to ditch it and they are already explicitly saying so.
Instead of absurd mental gymnastic, restrain your loyal fervor and accept that it's nothing more than empty consumerism that worked among normies exactly because of that. As other people said, it's the PS4 all over again, but this time /v/ is nintendo's Neogaf.
>>
>>383246468
>Uma Delicia
>>
>>383253215
What I'm saying is the CD is better for devs, publishers and players.
Devs/Players - Devs can store MORE non gimped content because they don't have to sperg about miniscule storage limit, players can enjoy WIDER variety of content because you can stick shitty cartridge sized game on a CD but you can't stick 5 CD spanning game on a cartridge, get higher quality content because devs don't need to add sqeaks and grunts + text as an replacement for actual spoken word, large variety of good quality textures, overall better assets
Publishers - smaller expenses = lower barrier to entry = smaller devs can give it a try and failure isn't as expensive
Only retards ignore the benefits and pretend there aren't any while also ignoring the cartridge limits.
>>383253905
Wrong.
>redbook audio
>cancer
Yeah because 8bit squeaks and noises are the pinacle of videogame music.
>>
File: NO.png (20KB, 322x302px) Image search: [Google]
NO.png
20KB, 322x302px
>Expecting ports to go to a dead console

AYY LMAO
Y
Y

L
M
A
O
>>
>>383254345
>Yeah because 8bit squeaks and noises are the pinacle of videogame music.
I bet you don't even know every Final Fantasy for PSX uses chiptunes. Redbook audio was usually used for shitty licensed soundtracks.
>>
>>383254136
Capcom and Square carried the damn system and Midway to a point once they eased up on blood. Nintendo games were pack-ins, so there was a good chance if you bought the system you already had Super Mario World or Zelda packed with it.
>>
>>383252974
>>383252408

It's not a handheld. It's marketed at best, as a hybrid and explicitly called a "home entertainment system".
>>
>>383254292
>autistic screeching
>>
>>383254209
>the game looks like babbys first Xcom

As a big fan of XCOM, I see a lot of gameplay elements that differentiate M+R from it and make M+R look like a ton of fun as well. All the slide tackles and jump combos and more aggressive gameplay... It looks fun as fuck and has the potential for a lot of depth as well, and that's just from what we've seen so far.
>>
>>383241056
It's way more than /v/.
>>
File: 1497428688439.jpg (26KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1497428688439.jpg
26KB, 330x319px
>>383254364

>PS4 outselling every single system combined

How the fuck do they do it bros
>>
>>383253760
>people were arguing about what the console was and what its capabilities were. The fact that people had to argue about the basics of the hardware features shows just how shit the marketing was
It reminds me of something ........
>>
>>383254803
Europe loves FIFA
>>
>>383254030
I just want FIFA.
>>
>>383241692
>saving
Japan Studio and SCE are the sole good things about the company.

>>383242164
But they did make memorable games.
>>
File: firefox_2017-07-08_09-22-49.png (72KB, 497x518px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-07-08_09-22-49.png
72KB, 497x518px
hue
>>
>>383240234
You know that companies have to buy the devkits, right?
>>
>>383254242
It's not the same. It's a night and day difference. Realism is the benchmark. DOA etc looked great for what it was, a 1v1 Japanese stylized fighting game, with an engine focused on "pretty things." Jaggies still existed, not everything was 1080p, particle effects were different, lighting engines etc.

Take a game like TLOU. Looked great for a PS3 game, but could still be pushed a bit more, and it was tweaked slightly for the PS4 port, but still was a noticeably last Gen game. And now we are at the exact sweet spot where only high end devs can pull off high end visuals, which is due to budget and experience. There is no need for more visual fluff. Again there is very little room for graphic improvement when you look at top end AAA as a benchmark.
>>
>>383254553

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck.

Its literally made of components from handheld devices. It literally designed to be held in your hand and taken away from your home.

What is with this obsession around not wanting to admit its a handheld system? That was nintendos choice and they seem fine with it, why can't anyone else...

I have an old ass cannon camcorder. I also have a cable so that I can play the videos on through my tv. Even came with a little remote so that I can do it sitting on my couch. Oh yea, it has a tetris clone built into the menu. Neat huh? Pretty awesome "home entertainment system" am I right?
>>
>>383254803
Literally all they need to do is market FIFA on the go and the shit will drop like crazy.

Pubs having Switch FIFA socials could be a thing.
>>
>>383252385
Why can't they both be garbage taste? Only dumb niggers or white trash in the US unironically buy CoD annually
>>
>>383254521
There was no pack with Zelda.
You're still missing my point.
I'm not saying the success in the lifetime of the SNES consists only of Nintendo games. But all those other devs came to the SNES simply because it was the biggest market. And it was the biggest market because the Nintendo games for the SNES launch made the console sell well and gave it momentum.
The same way Square ran to Sony the minute they realised it would take another year or two for the N64 to come out and bet on Sony being the biggest market on which they could sell FFVII, killing two birds with one stone by getting rid of Nintendo costly attitude with 3Rd party devs.
>>
>>383255227
if you faggots bring one to game night in my pub you would leave with a mouth full of blood m8
>>
File: 10639094-1347882238-427996.png (520KB, 421x600px) Image search: [Google]
10639094-1347882238-427996.png
520KB, 421x600px
>>383255227

>I-I-IF IT HAS FIFA IT WILL SELL LIKE CRACK!

Another generation and another basket of excuses
>>
>>383255160
>b-but muh dock
>>
>>383254553
It's made to be taken out of the house and played on the go. It's a handheld.

The fact that it excels neither at being a handheld or a "home entertainment system" is because it's a handheld with a ~2.5 battery life.
>>
yeah the switch would be SO much better if it was simply a rebranded version of something I already own...
>>
>>383255516
better than a rebrand wii u tb h
>>
File: witness me.jpg (71KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
witness me.jpg
71KB, 600x656px
>>383255227

>
Pubs having Switch FIFA socials could be a thing.

Do Nintenbros genuinely think that this is how the world works?

>Sitting in a bar
>Bunch of chads talking to stacey with the odd group of old men talking about the boxing fight that just happened
>"WAHOO, PING PING", "1 UP", echoing in the corner
>Everybody is laughing as some autistic man child is playing video games inside a bar
>>
>>383255426
>>383255227
Possible but I doubt it. Everyone in Europe has a PS4 for FIFA and either hates or gives no fucks about nintendo as a brand. Besides they can still play the ocassional multiplat on the PS4 whereas they can't really do that for the switch
>>
>>383255160

I don't care for your damage control.

It's marketed as a hybrid and is very much, a home entertainment system with Nintendo outright saying it's not a 3DS replacement or successor (as is evident by the many games still coming to 3DS)
>>
>>383255426
You couldn't play Wii U on the go. At least not in a practical manner.

>>383255516
Your sarcasm is lost on me as I envision a 4K Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey VR.
>>
>>383255569
not really...
>>
>>383255368
I'm a gamer.
I think in games.
If I can bring the same joy I find with games to others by bringing my Switch with me and introducing others to my favorite experiences;
Then I will.
And if it's a bar, a college, a restaurant, a park, you name it, the Switch is my favorite thing because it makes it simple to share fun.
I already met my gf from bringing my Switch with Mario Kart to a restaurant.
What have you done?
>>
>>383240323
Based on the sales of Titanfall 2, maybe he should have tried making a switch port
>>
File: 1497800496122.jpg (100KB, 1104x1081px) Image search: [Google]
1497800496122.jpg
100KB, 1104x1081px
>>383255712
>muh grafix

lol fucking kill yourself
>>
>>383255160

If it's a Handheld why wasn't it made with low prices, low power and low-size-frame for great profit ratios in mind?

Why does it have all of the exact marketing and development decisions as a traditional console other than the honestly very weak portable aspect?

It's a console with a gimmick, and it will flop like one.
>>
File: sales.jpg (95KB, 749x748px) Image search: [Google]
sales.jpg
95KB, 749x748px
>>383254209
>>
>>383255741
Jesus, this fucking guy.
>>
>>383255227
>Pubs having Switch FIFA socials could be a thing.
You never actually went inside a pub, have you?
Do you think people go to a pub to play fucking videogames? Fifa of all things?
>>
Repeat after me:
Wii U 2
>>
>>383249385
>bestselling games on the first two sell many millions
>bestselling games in Japan sell just over 1 million, and drop below that before exiting the top 5

Is there a version of this with the handheld market worked in? As it is this is skewed as hell.
>>
>>383255741
God fucking dammit you gotta see it to believe it .........
>>
>>383255694

What damage control? The shit your spewing?
Nah. They can call it a hybrid all they want, but at the end of the day the proof is in the pudding. Just open it up and take a look. An HDMI cable a home console does not make. That is literally all the dock is, a cable.

The switch is a tablet. Arguing anything else is insane.

Does this make the switch inherently bad? of course not. But that doesn't change what it is. Which is a fucking tablet. A handheld mobile tablet. Full of shitty mobile components.

Don't believe me? Open one up and see for yourself.

It is still going to have some awesome first party games like Zelda and Metroid. Was it an odd choice for nintendo Yep. Odd to once again release a woefully underpowred system that can't support third party development.
>>
>>383255694
No, he's pretty much on the money.

ARM is a low-power consuming CPU and its prominent usage has been in mobile devices and handheld game systems. If it was a console, it'd be using console grade hardware in the same vein of its predecessor or competitors. They went for a different route that was viable on paper but not so much in practice, adding to the fact that NVidia hasn't really updated the consumer model Tegra for a while as Tablet and Android TV shit stagnated. They've been putting more stock on self driving cars and drone contracts.

Nintendo jumped on board with them because they thought having top of the line mobile graphics would make their shit good enough but all they really did was upgrade from the 3DS' capabilities and pretend it's a successor to the Wii U.
>>
File: top 30.png (350KB, 2468x2032px) Image search: [Google]
top 30.png
350KB, 2468x2032px
>>383256057
>Is there a version of this with the handheld market worked in? As it is this is skewed as hell.
Most people don't compare handhelds with consoles so I just went with the three major console platforms. I could certainly make one with Vita and 3DS included though.

I'll have to update the original image however, because these numbers get outdated fairly quickly
>>
>>383255694
>Nintendo
You mean NoA. The Japs market it as a handheld.
>>
>>383255605
Go to bed, Quentin
>>
File: 1479443370928.gif (2MB, 695x392px) Image search: [Google]
1479443370928.gif
2MB, 695x392px
>>383255741
>I'm a gamer.
>>
>>383241124
these "nintendo is done" people are ridiculous. Nintendo has been around for 130 years. They've got coffers of money to sit on to experiment and wait out the industry for the next 30 years.
>>
>>383255801
Well, not just graphics. The idea I don't have to worry about developers passing up my system of choice due to development difficulties is a plus as well.
>>
>>383255809

Um, it was made with low prices, low power and low size frame. Did you just wake up from cryosleep? Shit, nintendo has been marketing it very heavily as a mobile thing. As for the rest of the marketing... Its just marketing. And its not flopping its selling like fucking gangbusters. Still none of this changes that it is a handheld.

What even is your argument? Wait a second you don't even play video games do you? You are just someone from /soc/ who got bored and wandered into another board.....
>>
File: giphy.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
613KB, 498x498px
>>383255741

mate what the fook
>>
File: ClRitVuUsAAr_HD.jpg (40KB, 788x574px) Image search: [Google]
ClRitVuUsAAr_HD.jpg
40KB, 788x574px
>>383256506
Nobody smart bought a switch expecting to play the latest AAA garbage
>>
>>383255694
In order for it to be portable they had to engineer it with handheld parts you deluded drone.
>>
>>383256647
People here unironically believe you can put 64GB ram 1070M and x86 and not worry about the weight lol
>>
File: 1479608421298.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1479608421298.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>383255741
Iwata's spirit is alive and well and it happens to be rather jewish
>>
>>383256629
>Nobody smart bought a switch
You could've stopped there
>>
>>383256523

Sssh.

300 dollars is not cheap, it's not even cheap compared to the competition's most powerful offering.

The Switch is not fit for any pocket upon this world.

It's pushing the edge of mobile power without completely ruining battery life.

It fucks up the entire inherent pillars of handheld design. I know it's hard to be one step ahead of a simpleton but bear with me: if it's a handheld it's a reeeeeaaaallly shitty one and you will see just how inherently flawed it is after the initial glut of drone hype combined with weak stock shows how dead it is.

Hell don't even have to wait, look at how it's already being outsold by the base PS4 model 3 months after launch.
>>
File: 1485310893870.png (676KB, 752x858px) Image search: [Google]
1485310893870.png
676KB, 752x858px
>hurr why do people buy xbox and ps? no exclusives lol!
>we don't need multiplats on the wii u/switch! just buy a pc or another console
>they're too poor to buy multiple consoles, but I have enough to enjoy all of the games!
>w-why won't anyone buy nintendo's latest console?

You think Nintendo, or at least their fanbase, would learn by now. Most people can't afford or won't buy multiple consoles. No one buys a console just for multiplats, but they still need to be able to play them. Nintendo consoles are the only ones that don't have access to the entire library of multiplats. I have enough money to have a PC and multiple consoles so it doesn't affect me or many of the fanboys on /v/, but we are the minority.
>>
>>383255368
>with a mouth full of blood
Generally someone saying this means they're actually a pussy-footed autist.
>m8
I knew it was redditautists continually shitposting in this thread. Lemme be in one of your epic r/4chan screencaps.
>>
>>383255741
>I think in games.
hm. You should probably get that checked. My uncle used to do that and one day, bam, mustard gas.
>>
>>383256629
>Nobody bought a switch expecting it to be able to play almost any multiplats
Fixd
>>
File: 1499127271969.jpg (477KB, 1038x909px) Image search: [Google]
1499127271969.jpg
477KB, 1038x909px
>>383256832
but I didn't because you have to be rather crafty to be able to get one at msrp, wouldn't you think?
>>
>>383244152
>The Switch is too powerful for a handheld so development costs are prohibitively expensive for the kind of more experimental games you see on handhelds.

You're absolutely right, Gonner and Shovel Knight are such demanding games, we're not gonna get anymore small indie games on Switch.
>>
>>383256832
>insulting someone like a 12 year old
Can't make this shit up. You'd have to have the mentality of one to be a console warrior though, so makes sense.
>>
>>383256775
Or just 6-8GB of RAM, a Tegra TX2 (?) with two Denver2 or 4 A73 cores/4 A53 cores that would run heterogeneously in docked mode.
>>
>>383257023

That is physically doable.

That is also a 600 dollar device you're suggesting, which would flop no matter how powerful.
>>
>>383257023
you sound like a man who reads way too many benchmarks
>>
File: switch japan.png (1MB, 1280x675px) Image search: [Google]
switch japan.png
1MB, 1280x675px
>>383256454
The marketing in Japan doesn't look too different. They show it being used in all three modes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxzWwtZUcQk
>>
>>383244046
I'm gonna say no, because that would surely bring hordes of normalfags into my games
>>
>>383257008
Maybe I'm twelve who knows
>>
>>383256413
OK, then it's more like
>1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
>2. Pokemon X/Y
>3. Pokemon Sun/Moon
>4. Monster Hunter 4
>5. Yokai Watch 2 (both)

...all above 3 million and AC above 4. That sounds more like it. Thanks.
>>
>>383257174
>an AD before it was released
That's just showing off the features.
>>
>>383244679
They have. You probably haven't looked at the Switch library at all, retard
>>
>>383239863
I don't care about ports just give me Gamecube & N64 Virtual Console.
>>
>>383257281
MODS MOOOOOODDDSS GET THIS FAGGOT OUT OF HERE
>>
>>383239863

I got a crazy idea:

What about some new games tailor made for the Switch?
>>
>>383239863

Where the fuck is the gamecube virtual library? Nintendo would make a trillion dollars.
>>
>>383244679
Maybe if you weren't blinded by your unhealthy irrational autismal anti-nintendo bias you'd see the games they've made.
>>
File: 4324398237243987.jpg (17KB, 224x179px) Image search: [Google]
4324398237243987.jpg
17KB, 224x179px
The only people who own Switches are Nintenbros and Scalpers, neither of them will buy Switch ports so why bother?
>>
>>383256856

Being a poorly designed handheld doesn't make it any less of one. The engage was a steaming pile of shit but it was still a hand held.

$300 is cheap. Maybe not for a burger flipper, but in the grand scheme of things, that is not expensive at all.

My surface tablet doesn't fit in my pocket. Its still very mobile and portable. Also, half the kids I employ wear jeans with pockets big enough to carry a desktop computer.

You can't deny the fact that it is selling quite well. Doesn't matter that others are "winning".
>>
Nintendo continues to shit the bed, nintenbros continue to eat it up ..... nothing is out of ordinary here
>>
>>383257337
Yes, it is an AD that was aired on TV that shows off how the console is used. We're talking about how it's marketed, aren't we? If being from before the console was released is a problem, what about this one? It's from two months after launch, and it still shows it being used in all three ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPWOdwQ0EcI
>>
It just needs more time to prove itself after the horrendous Wii U. Power is meaningless when the Wii and DS could get plenty of 3rd party support
>>
>>383257602
I have a Switch and my last Nintendo console was the N64 which was shit
>>
>it's another Nintendo is doomed thread but we really mean it this time

I'm sad I can't get to play amazing Western AAA games like Mass Effect Andromeda and Mafia 3
>>
File: cyber-gadget-keyboard-2.jpg (71KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
cyber-gadget-keyboard-2.jpg
71KB, 1000x600px
Just posting this here
>>
File: ninten18[1].jpg (87KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
ninten18[1].jpg
87KB, 640x420px
>>383259289
It's back!
>>
Nintendo lost.
>>
People who don't want the best technology are weird to me. If they decided the course of society we'd still be living in mud huts and dying before 30 due to lack of dental hygiene. We should always pursue the maximum that technology and the market allow, no less. Switch isn't as powerful as it could be. It didn't need to be a sub $300 device, it didn't need to have a 720p screen. The Wii U could have sold 50 million units if it had decent processing power and memory. It choked on this nonsensical primitivist approach. Nintendo will pay dearly for repeating this mistake.
>>
>>383239863
He is lying so bad, that game has nothing that tackles hardware that bad.
>>
>>383240075
Like what.
>>
>making shitty ports that look like garbage for the PS2
>absolutely no issues ever and everyone was happy to do it

>making shitty ports that look like garbage for Nintendo systems
>"w-we just can't do it, we respect our games too much!"
>>
>>383240234
It might be too hard to press the compile for switch button on their engine, anon.
>>
>>383260424
Either this is bait or you are teenager.
I don't even have switch.
>>
>>383256856
>Hell don't even have to wait, look at how it's already being outsold by the base PS4 model 3 months after launch.
http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/

How does that make you feel?
>>
>>383260652
The PS2 is ancient. The market was radically different back then.
>>
>>383260726
Progress = good.
Anything that's not progress = not good.
>buh muh conventions
>this is good enough
>it gets the job done
You are a faggot.
>>
All this literally is is publishers terrified of trying to compete with Nintendo games. It's why Nintendo just doesn't give a fuck about third parties any longer. Todd and Co are one of the few ones because they know Skyrim will sell like hotcakes on whatever the fuck it's on.
>>
>>383260424
If people like you decided the course of society, no vehicles would exist but formula one race cars.
>>
>>383260424
>Literally the best system which allows you to switch between hand held and home gaming at the drop of a hat
>Not the best technology
What did he literally mean by this?
>>
File: cycleblu.png (914KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
cycleblu.png
914KB, 900x700px
>>383240620
People never learn
>>
File: aeiou.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
aeiou.png
2MB, 1024x768px
>>383260117
>dontthinksotim.jpeg
>>
>>383260947
No. People just wouldn't be allowed to drive old garbage cars. We'd all have cleaner air and a happier life.
>>
>>383240620
you sound like a nigger
>>
>>383260968
Sony could easily use PS4 components to make a portable PS4. It would utterly blow the Switch out of the water, with more power and far more games.
>buh muh past
>remember game gear, remember vita
Being stuck with the past is a serious illness.
>>
>>383244916
>for over a decade the D-pad is used just as a fast switch for inventory, weapons, map, etc
>not even 2D games are using then anymore
>fighting games suggests fighting sticks to play better

Nintendo removes it from the joycons and people goes mad? Get the pro controler and cramp it up your ass then, you nostalgia faggot
>>
>>383261301
Then Nintendo should be commended for targeting the most energy efficiency of the consoles by far.
>>
File: 1346911712372.gif (995KB, 280x201px) Image search: [Google]
1346911712372.gif
995KB, 280x201px
Switch confirmed to be only a ninty console, with the same small fanbase it had forever.

>no wii like gimmick nor priced as such
>50%-twice the price of their usual handhelds
>still no major 3rd parties coming in droves
>stupid voice chat setup
>paid online eventually
>can't even get its stock situation sorted out despite being 3-4 months on the market

Switch confirmed to sell between wii u numbers and 3ds numbers LTD. Fans probably don't care, but your console war faggotry is moot now. The + side is we'll see them do more cross over ip's or mobile games so we don't have to buy their overpriced shitty handheld
>>
File: ppp_glamshot_v2.jpg (528KB, 1920x1241px) Image search: [Google]
ppp_glamshot_v2.jpg
528KB, 1920x1241px
>Switch gets ports
>But only of pixelshit vita games
lmao
>>
>>383261620
Any portable electronics maker can increase the battery life of their product by crippling its performance levels. That's not worth a commendation.
>>
>>383260849
>videyo gaymer
>progrrss
Teenager.
>>
>>383240185
Know what's worse than that?

All the shitposting idiots who don't realize exactly how god damn old the PS4 is and seem to think the Switch is nowhere near it.
>>
>>383241967
>Nintendo charges for online(b-b-but its only $X a year. What are you poor?)
>doesn't have BC
>sony allows for more crossplay than nintendo does
>>
>>383261890
Splendid argument, idiot. There is no way to support this ass-backwardedness.
>>
File: sony-xperia-tablet-z-lte.jpg (31KB, 620x340px) Image search: [Google]
sony-xperia-tablet-z-lte.jpg
31KB, 620x340px
>>383261548
Yeah might as well buy a laptop at that point. You forgot how hot this shit would get as a portable. You also need to add a battery to it. So you would have to lower clocks and heat consumption dramatically. Unless you want the battery to expand from heat and blow up. Battery life would be worse than the switch as well. So what's the point. Unless your going to just put it in something that the size of 10.1 inch tablet. To fit an extremely large battery in it.

Do you actually think you know what your talking about or just shit posting.
>>
>>383262294
Yeah man. Totally. I agree with you. All games should only being made for superior platform, pc.
>>
File: riddle harder bitch nigma.jpg (22KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
riddle harder bitch nigma.jpg
22KB, 480x300px
>Wii has little 3rd party support of value
>sells like hotcakes
>3DS has little 3rd party support of value
>sells like hotcakes
>but suddenly this time I'm expected to believe it will kill the switch
Alright, I'll just wait here while you post your authoritative evidence of the Switch's failure.

>b-b-b-but it doesn't have games I like so it will fail!
Certainly didn't stop the other two.
>>
>>383261124
>Switch launch line up
>poor and sparse
But the Switch's first year alone is better than the last 4 years for Xbone and PS4 as far as exclusives go m8

I don't understand why fans of those consoles aren't more upset that they barely ever get games
>>
>>383261642
>no wii like gimmick nor priced as such
The Wii was $249.99 on release. Accounting for inflation, the Switch costs exactly as much as the Wii did. Also, the Joy-Cons are literally full of gimmicks and the social "controller sharing" gimmick has a chance to catch on in some circles.
>still no major 3rd parties coming in droves
Anyone who expected this has been lying to themselves. As most Nintendo consoles, it's primarily a console for Nintendo's games.
>stupid voice chat setup
I agree, but I also believe it's to offload processing from the console itself. Nintendo rightfully assumes that almost every Switch owner has a phone capable of voicechat, but they could've at least considered allowing to route audio via Bluetooth to the Switch itself so it wouldn't require a bunch of cables.
>paid online eventually
$20/year and NES/SNES games with online play - which has been consistently difficult to get right on emulators, especially across larger distances. It was not to be unexpected, and at least it's not $60/year, but I am still a bit bitter about this especially as if you use multiple accounts for buying from different region eShops you need a subscription for each account you plan to online on, which kind of ruins the point of buying some of them from Japan.
>can't even get its stock situation sorted out despite being 3-4 months on the market
The Wii couldn't get it sorted out for TWO YEARS. This is not new.
>>
>>383262932
Aren't you forgetting a console?
>>
>>383263142
>Toddler living in his own Ninty-tinted bubble actually believes stupid shit

What a surprise
>>
>>383263414
Not to mention how the 3ds is the worst selling nintnedo handheld ever.
>>
Say, how comes Palutena never becomes a giantess and rips the loudest fart in history?
>>
>>383243378
As long as the 3DS sells and makes money (especially in Japan, where their real base is), the 3DS isn't going anywhere. The 3DS will die when the Switch comes out with a major price drop and/or a significant redesign, but until then, the 3DS will remain to be milked.
>>
>>383263468
That honor falls to the Virtual Boy. Sales of handhelds in general were dropping due to the existence of smartphones. Few people can justify shelling out $150 + $40 per game where their phone they already own has $5 games.
>>
>>383261124
When they will not have nostalgia, which is never
>>
>>383261804
Increasing energy efficiency requires moving technology forwards, not backwards. Wii uses 45 watts, Wii U uses 32 watts, Switch uses 11 watts. Even though each is more powerful than the last, they consume progressively less electricity. PS3 uses 70 watts, PS4 140 watts, and PS4 Pro 155 watts. And the PS4 drains 10 watts just from being in standby mode, only a little bit less than what the Switch uses playing games.
>>
>>383263414
Lacking third-party support had nothing to do with why the WiiU ate shit, and if you honestly believe that then you're merely ignoring the facts.
>>
>>383263463
he's right though and this is from someone who has an xbone
>>
>>383243408
I'm really tired of this argument, because the Switch isn't really that portable (at least to the extent to the DS/Game Boy family) and you can't really fit it into most pockets (there was a picture of a guy putting it into his jeans, and the thing stretched out), plus when you get a game like BOTW in there, the battery life gets used up really quickly. At that rate, you might as well just go all the way and get a real laptop, which will handily beat the Switch in specs even if it's a lower-end toaster.
>>
>>383239863
>Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro
who in their fucking right mind is trying to compare switch to those 2?
What retard wrote this?
>>
>>383263468
Just whatever made-up bullshit fits your narrative, huh?
>>
>>383248709
What a fucking joke. This was never a problem when the PlayStation consoles had absolutely fucked up architecture that made everything horrible to port to them.
>>
File: 1493598525859.jpg (30KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1493598525859.jpg
30KB, 612x491px
>>383263721
>turning consoles into PCs is progress

you're fucking retarded
>>
>>383263810
he's right though apart from the virtual boy it's the worst
>>
>>383263835
nice source faggot
>>
>>383262932
More like
>"Wii sells like hotcakes, every 3rd party developer is going to jump in now!!!"
>No 3rd party support outside of shameless shovelware
>"3DS is selling good, every 3rd party developer is going to jump in now!!!"
>No 3rd party support outside of some very few big Atlus-Level 5-Capcom titles
>"Switch is apparently selling good (?), now every 3rd party developer will jump in!!!"
>Almost no relevant 3rd party announcements for Switch at E3, either from Western and Japanese developers, former 3DS exclusives are now hd multiplats

Nintendo fans never ever learn
>>
File: 1499299652079.jpg (13KB, 206x235px) Image search: [Google]
1499299652079.jpg
13KB, 206x235px
>>383263810
Unless you count the Virtual Boy, he's right. Look it up yourself.
>>
>>383263971
Who's turning consoles into PCs?
>>
>>383264261
You do also know that part of progress implies being able to do more with less wattage, right?
>>
>>383264339
Yes, that's my point. That Nintendo is being progressive by doing more with less wattage.
>>
>>383263664
I grew up with a PS1 yet I still love Nintendo games. What did go wrong?
>>
File: 1491051292920.jpg (20KB, 243x182px) Image search: [Google]
1491051292920.jpg
20KB, 243x182px
>>383264475
oops I'm an idiot
>>
>>383264059
>>383264259
>he's right except he's clearly wrong
Good fucking going.
>>
>>383264668
Don't worry, we all have days like that.
>>
>>383240075

>arm
>obtuse

sick meme my friend
sick meme

subscribed
>>
>>383264082
I never said 3rd parties were going to jump on, I said lacking significant 3rd-party support hasn't stopped their consoles from selling.
>>
>>383264261
Game industry's needs. Big western publishers asked to Sony and Microsoft for easy-to-develop and port-friendly hardware in order to contain skyrocketing development costs.
>>
>>383264734
Trying to include the Virtual Boy in "worst selling Nintendo handhelds" is goalpost moving and you know it. That fucker wasn't even actually portable.
>>
File: 6e6.jpg (202KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
6e6.jpg
202KB, 800x800px
>>383264883
>>383264734
>3DS is Nintendo's worst selling handheld ever

>still the best selling platform this gen
>>
>>383264883
Goalpost moving is literally what you're doing right now.
>>
>>383244991
No, more like nintendo consoles are the only one actually worth buying when you can play all ps4/xbox games on the pc for a much more superior experience. Nintendo consoles actually have a lot of exclusives and the console give you more of a different experience than other consoles that are NO different than a pc.
Thread posts: 530
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.