[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be picking it up this Tuesday. What should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

I'm going to be picking it up this Tuesday.

What should I expect? What are some beginner tips?
>>
It's been awhile since I played, but make sure you look up which chests are the "forbidden 4 (5?)". I don't know if they're changing it in the remaster but basically a really rare weapon can be gotten guaranteed if you don't open certain chests throughout the game, otherwise you'll have to get it off like a 1% chance drop or something.

There are also some missable items but I don't know if someone has made a complete list of those or not.
>>
turn off gambits and dont cast spells whenever you see this floating ball of energy.
dont try to pick a fight with the t-rex
>>383239862
iirc the 4 chests were removed in the IZJS version
>>
Idk bro. I think they are going to fuck up with my childhood. Anyway, 50 bucks for a remaster? I'll play IZJS on PS2 for free than you.
>>
>>383239681

>What should I expect?
The worst final fantasy since 1
>>
>>383239681

>turn off gambits
Nigger what, that system is the only interesting thing about the entire game.
>>
>>383240679
pleb opinion
>>
The only thing I struggled with as a kid was killing the King Bomb in the forest. I didn't realise there was another route. I also left it for a little while in the giant, boring, tower maze thing, not realising I had about 3 hours to go.
>>
>>383240894
The actual opinion of people that started the series before 2006
>>
>>383239681
Don't go into the zone in Zertinan Caverns that contains the map urn.
>>
I was also thinking of picking it up since last time I played it on PS2 I stopped around Archades because the save file got corrupted.

So then I went to see some youtube movies and I rememebred how ridiculous the quickenings were, Vaan and Penelo, how dull it is visually and that the only reason I played 60% of it back then was because it was during a boring summer and because I liked the political story.

Won't buy again, bought Crash HD Trilogy instead and watch the "HD movie version" of XII on youtube
>>
File: 6543645.gif (3MB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
6543645.gif
3MB, 704x396px
>>383239681
What should I expect?
Fun as fuck gameplay, tricky enemies, beautiful world
Just jump into it with an open mind, don't let /v/ influence you
What are some beginner tips?
Learn to use the gambit system
>>
>>383241408
Woops, forgot my meme arrows but whatever.
>>
>>383239681
>>383240679

OP, don't listen to this guy. To tell you the truth, FFXII is a divisive game. Some people enjoy the offline MMORPG gameplay, some don't. To make matters worse, the story isn't all that great depending on what type of person you are. XII is my favorite Final Fantasy game in the series due to how comfy I find it, but that's just me. I remember when I would get lost in this game for hours, like no other game could do for me.
>>
>>383239681
I know nothing about this game, but I've fapped to trap doujins of that one long dark haired kid thousands of times.

It'll be good to finally know what it's about.

...man that kid can take a dick.
>>
Like most people said, learn to use the gambit. Some battle is really hard if you're trying to fight manually.
And also for the license system, go for augment tile first instead of magic or skills, stuff like increasing your base hp or mp. Im not sure about the remaster but in the original you can never have enough money to buy magic or skills especially during the early game.
>>
File: fucking pleb.png (164KB, 398x307px) Image search: [Google]
fucking pleb.png
164KB, 398x307px
>>383239681
You need three gambits in that order
Steal (free money)
Attack nearest (auto-attack)
Heal at 50% (add heal at 30% as a 4th gambit)

Mage is bullshit, aggro is bullshit you want samurai and ulhan and a fuck with a bow for the flyers.
If a boss shows up use Belias the summon, hang back away from the boss and throw Hi-potions at Belias. Buy those and remedy with the monster drops you automatically steal.

It's really not that hard. If you don't like it use the fast forward button to not waste your life.
>>
File: 1397189624053.jpg (30KB, 479x359px) Image search: [Google]
1397189624053.jpg
30KB, 479x359px
>>383239681
Beginner tip ?

Don't listen to Ondore's lies.
>>
File: Scourge.webm (610KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Scourge.webm
610KB, 1280x720px
>>383239681
Reminder that there are two major changes in the PS4 version

1) Everyone can pick a second job once they unlock the option on their first license board. So support jobs like Time Mage or White Mage can actually be viable

2) They got rid of the Effect Capacity so casting big spells ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKS. on the flipside you can't cheese bosses by constantly delaying their big spells by casting small ones.

Not sure what else they added.
>>
>>383244859
>big spells ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKS
Holy shit, scathing! Dark times are past us.
>>
>>383243528
Sorry I can't hear you while I have Penelo nuking everything as a black mage with Scathe
>>
>>383239681
Actual question
Is there a difference between this release and the original Zodiac job system
>>
>>383245672
You (eventually) get a second job and Effect Capacity is gone so using big spells is actually viable and you aren't going to die because your cure spell was delayed
>>
>>383245672
A few yes
Literally google it
>>
>>383239681
>What should I expect? What are some beginner tips?
It's shit, save the money, and pirate it instead, to be honest even pirating it is too much effort, it really isn't worth it
>>
>>383239681
>What should I expect?

An offline MMO that literally plays itself, or the World's Longest Jogging Simulator
>>
>>383243528
Not OP, but am currently emulating IZJS. Is it worth to make one of my character an Uhlan if I don't feel like doing the zodiac spear quest?
>>
When does the preload go up in US? This is the first ps4 game I've preordered digitally
>>
File: 128px-Hornet.png (46KB, 128x171px) Image search: [Google]
128px-Hornet.png
46KB, 128x171px
What's the best way to emulate ffxii?
Vanilla or IZJS?
>>
>>383246617
Yes because you will destroy all the undead filled bonus dungeons with the Holy Lance.
>>
>>383239681
The story potential was never fully realised.

3 of the 6 party members are hollow husks.

The rest is not bad.

But it can be a "dry" game.
>>
File: image.jpg (257KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257KB, 800x480px
>>383239681
Try not to fall in love, the glute game mad af in XII, especially the amazon rabbit, im no fur faggot, but her walk animation alone will get you after a while. I maintain Ashe beat girl and also the actual protag of this game.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.