[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was thinking about real-time-with-pause turn-based games, have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: turn based combat.jpg (55KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
turn based combat.jpg
55KB, 640x426px
I was thinking about real-time-with-pause turn-based games, have any games styled themselves as "turn-based" where the action slows to a stop, you go around giving all your guys orders, then time goes back to normal and the next turn is everything executing simultaneously?
>>
>>383237478
what is Disgaea
>>
>>383237675
>Disgaea
I took a look, still seems pretty turn-based to me? As in, everyone taking turns one after the other.
>>
>>383237478
I think this might be like the Knights of the Old Republic games, which were "turn-based" in how the combat system actually worked, but presented itself as continuous action where everyone was doing all their stuff simultaneously.

Actually come to think of it I'm kind of surprised more games didn't copy their gameplay style, it honestly looked pretty cool.
>>
>>383237478
Frozen Synapse. Also has simultaneous turns.
>>
>>383238497
Seconding this.
It's fucking incredible.
>>
>>383237478
http://store.steampowered.com/app/409450/The_Fall_of_the_Dungeon_Guardians/
>>
I feel like Transistor is exactly thw game you're looking for. It's an action game you can pause and take turns in. 2.50 in thw steam sale
>>
>>383237478
So, dragon age?
>>
>>383238026
anon's probably just thinking of the computer player. Their whole force moves simultaneously but still attack one after another.

I wanted to be able to do that since I first noticed it.
>>
>>383244298
Same as the player.

You pause, issue every command to all units - move/attack

then unpause and they all do it
>>
Laser Squad Nemesis and Frozen Synapse.
>>
>>383237478
Kotor
Shadow warrior somewhat
>>
File: 1493455282000.webm (3MB, 984x812px) Image search: [Google]
1493455282000.webm
3MB, 984x812px
>>383237478
Door Kickers is the epitome of what you just described. You can pause at any time and paint paths and set actions for your squad or you can just pause right at the beginning and do it all from a single plan for a bonus.
>>
>>383244384
oh right. I think I remember now. But I never use it since units could waste a turn if their target dies before they get a swing at them. Since the game had chance to hit you couldn't reliably play with simultaneous movement unless you're fine with that.
>>
>>383237478
Fallout Tactics.
>>
>>383246856
This game rocks.
>>
>>383246856
How similar is Breach and Clear to Doorkickers, and is it any good?
>>
Flotilla.
>>
>>383237478
Suikoden, play more jrpgs anon.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.