[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong? It's like FROM didn't even tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: slave_knight_gael_boss.jpg (45KB, 442x400px) Image search: [Google]
slave_knight_gael_boss.jpg
45KB, 442x400px
What went so wrong?
It's like FROM didn't even tried with this game
DeS/DaS/DaS2/Bloodborne all were full of new and exciting things
But das3 is just safe and uninspired garbage with terrible ldesigned levels you don't want to play through aga
>>
Rushed out like all the other Souls games before it.
>>
Miyazaki was done with dark souls after the first one, and it shows
>>
>people shit on Dark Souls 2 because it's too different
>people shit on Dark Souls 3 because it's too safe and uninspired

Make up your minds
>>
File: Bump.png (128KB, 636x295px)
Bump.png
128KB, 636x295px
>>383232494
Today I will tell them DaS3 Is still better than DaS2 by miles
>>
>>383233320
No people shit on DaS2 because it was an unfinished mess that had to salvage old assets and make them usable in any way possible due to catastrophic development fuckups caused by the development team, poor management of the development team or both.
DaS3 is safe and uninspired trash. In a way the fact that DaS3 makes sure that the surface level shit is all at least passable is opposite to DaS2 which clearly had little choice in what could still be made passable but your statement just blatantly isn't true.
>>
>>383233320
i shit on das2 because it sucks.
>>
>>383235584
>DaS3 makes sure that the surface level shit is all at least passable
It's possibl to replay das2 and have fun
It's impossible to replay das3 and not frop game after the wall
Really makes you think
>>
>>383232494
Are you being influenced by hivemind mentality? I played it on release before browsing any shitty hate threads and thought it was great. Same with all the other Souls games and BB. They're all good.
>>
>>383232494
>DaS2
>full of new and exciting things
hahahahaha
>>
>>383236504
>Replay value is surface level shit
You missed the preceding point, which is that DaS3 is safe and uninspired trash.
The animations look good when not put under a microscope, the character feels good to control, there aren't really major graphical oversights like what tended to immediately jump into the foreground when playing DaS2 and even the lacking areas later in the game don't feel nearly as incomplete as something like Aldia's keep.
>>
>>383237048
It may not have been particularly exciting but it still did enough new things in comparison to DaS3 to single it out.
>>
>>383237048
it is
>>
>>383232494

Nothing

It's equal to 1 overall. Just BB combat added.
>>
>>383239415
Aside from how it feels to control your character and the bosses it's generally worse though.
>>
>>383235584
Of course it's a mess, but most of the time people bitch about changes in gameplay, like the focus on group battles and everything in this game is "artificial difficulty".
DaS2 had a terrible developement cycle and I'm glad we even got a game that is playable, but there is no denying it's the most rushed game in the franchise.
>>
>>383242448
>but most of the time people bitch about changes in gameplay, like the focus on group battles and everything in this game is "artificial difficulty"
Artifical difficulty can be tied to both how the game is often a mess (bad hitboxes for some attacks and the roll hitbox issue) and how players are shit at this game. And group battles (which could be dealt with by gitting gud) are also very often present throughout DaS3 so it's hardly like that was changed up going from 2 to 3.
>but there is no denying it's the most rushed game in the franchise
It is very rushed due to having to work with incomplete assets but this hardly makes either of the statements I originally quoted mutually exclusive.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.