[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Everyone excited for Terry Crews as Doomfist >gets teased

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 38

>Everyone excited for Terry Crews as Doomfist
>gets teased for months
>trailer drops
>Doomfist is now a OC DONUT STEAL Niggerian wish fulfillment character instead of something fun and refreshing
I guess Blizzard took the easy way out. Can't have anyone point out your lazy shit designs so long as you play the diversity card.
>>
File: 1498456720217.jpg (14KB, 226x198px) Image search: [Google]
1498456720217.jpg
14KB, 226x198px
>>383231491
>tfw no Terry Crews
>No "OH YOU DID NOT JUST SHOOT ME" when he gets hit
>no battle cries of BO blocking power
>no fun allowed
>>
I always knew they were pathetic cowards
>>
>>383231491
Terry Crews is probably too expensive for them
Also doomfist is a shit character. Really he has a shotgun fist?
>>
File: 43545.jpg (44KB, 773x960px) Image search: [Google]
43545.jpg
44KB, 773x960px
Blizzard doesn't want fun in overwatch.

Community suggested that Blizzard should make a beach style event for overwatch where the heroes wear bikinis. Blizzard turns this idea around decides to put it in Heroes of the storm instead, because it's a great idea, and they thought it would bring players back to HOTS.

Blizzard practically deleted Roadhog.

>people will defend this.
>>
File: tf convoybois partyvan with vee.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tf convoybois partyvan with vee.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383231491
>>383231491
Yes, Blizzard is shit. Was anyone surprised? They got taken over by fucking Activision.

Stop buying their fucking games, you morons. If you need a class based shooter play TF2, Dirty Bomb, Paladins, or any of the thousands of other alternatives.

Shittywatch is not worth wasting your time and money on.

>tfw having more fun with /v/ in 30 minutes on EuroPartyVan TF2 servers than I did in the entirety of the Overwatch beta
>>
>>383231812
>too expensive for them
oh yeah just like hiring a moderation team for overwatch. I mean blizzard is a small indie dev that is composed of 4 people in a dude's garage!

I mean it isn't like they released one of the highest selling games of the last year! How do you think they'll be able to afford a dude who clearly showed interest in doing it and probably wouldn't try to jew blizz of all their money! I mean oy vey goyim buy more loot boxes so they can afford a single real voice actor! oy vey goyim you want even a quarter of the content that other online fps games get in a year? Well better start buying those goy boxes!!! *rubs hands*

fuck off retarded blizzbot
>>
>>383231741
What does this have to do with cowardice?
>>
File: Bobby_kotick-jew.jpg (30KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby_kotick-jew.jpg
30KB, 300x260px
>>383231927
>>383231741
>>383231712
>>383231491
>You will all complain endlessly (and nothing will change) but you'll never quit

Just bite the bullet and quit already. Things are never going to improve. You're just giving this man your money.
>>383232112
Then quit already.
>>
>>383232068
>go to europartyvan
>laggy garbage that is unplayable
come back when your server is in a real country
>>
>>383231491
>terry crews will voice the 1st doom fist which will be a skin for the default doomfist
>>
>>383231491
>Terry Crews
>Cliche angry black man
>Fun and refreshing
>>
>>383231491
I don't know what people expected. It would have been fun, but probably expensive as fuck considering they shit out new voice lines every event and update.
>>
File: ow.jpg (291KB, 1592x797px) Image search: [Google]
ow.jpg
291KB, 1592x797px
>>383232413
For Overwatch, yes. Both Orisa and Doomfist have been straight up garbage. Did they change the character designers? This shit is from the darkest pits of Neofag.
>>
>>383232413
It's not refreshing, but it's definitely fun.
>The leader of Talon is a adrenaline junkie
>His dialogue with reaper is just him yelling orders around
If blizzard thought for one second that people took OW lore seriously, they are wrong.
>>
>>383231491
When did they say Terry Crews would be Doomfist? Who says that Terry Crews wont be voicing another hero in the future? This sounds like people hyped up something that was never going to happen in the first place.
>>
File: 1495481585557.png (427KB, 615x682px) Image search: [Google]
1495481585557.png
427KB, 615x682px
>>383232223
>just bite the bullet and quit already
This. It's fun for a while but once you start to notice how bad the game actually is you're better off quitting instead of just continuing to be frustrated
>>
>>383231491
It's almost like when stops ripping off tf2 and makes their own donut steel characters they suck
>>
>>383231491
tery crews was never teased by blizzard
>>
>>383232570
If by neofag you mean deviantart then yes

The designs are so complicated and ugly. I mean look at widow, she's just very basic like 3 colors and not many small details.
>>
>>383232570
>Did they change the character designers?
No. I understand and agree with your point but that image is ridiculous. You'd have a stronger point using the official portraits for both since it'd be just as easy to find realistic looking Orisa and deviant-art tier Widow.

Also, her design isn't exactly anything to write home about.
>>
File: overwatch development process.jpg (132KB, 824x636px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch development process.jpg
132KB, 824x636px
>>383232716
Holy shit, this. Blizzard have no idea what they're doing in FPS game design.
>>
File: 1362031419053.jpg (322KB, 792x825px) Image search: [Google]
1362031419053.jpg
322KB, 792x825px
>Mfw put 24ish hours into this game trying to like it because my friends did before I dropped it like the prom night dumpster baby it is
Going into these threads to see people still trucking along is always good for a hoot.
>>
>>383232716
Most of the characters in Overwatch play nothing like TF2 classes and even the ones that do have similarities look nothing alike. I think TF2's classes are far better, but it's harder for me to defend it considering what it's become.
>>
>Give Talon another character
>They aren't a joke character
This is good. Let Terry Crews voice someone who isn't supposed to be serious.
>>
>>383232867
The problem with tanks was Anna, combined with the fact that tanks could do decent damage and the "tank buster" Reaper couldn't bust tanks.
>>
>>383232836
Thing is that no pretty pictures of Orisa exists because she's a shit designs and fans have no intention of drawing her ugly mess design.
>>
Hey >>383231741 explain what you meant by this already
>>
Overwatch is really fun. But it's so sterile and generic. The character designs are 'quirky' but the vast majority of them exhibit little-to-no personality in the actual game. You have to peruse the shitty comics and pixar clips to get any understanding of them. Compare to TF2. The characters are all stereotypes, sure, but they ooze personality. They're memorable. They subvert your expectations about as often as they play into them. It feels like Overwatch just has voiced lines and such because that's a big part of other class-based shooters when they were 'getting inspiration.' In practice they may as well not speak because almost everything they say is uninteresting, annoying, or a pun that has to do with the paper-thin character they're presented as having in the game.

The maps aren't memorable at all. Even Call of Duty has memorable and interesting maps, but nothing in Overwatch has that stand-out feel of Bloodgulch, Badlands, or Nuketown. The aesthetic of the maps as well as the characters contribute to this weird feeling you get while you play that the game is sterile and 'disinfected.' It's like every detail of the game went through a corporate executive's review team to make sure it couldn't upset anyone or something.

And when you get down to it, the gameplay and balance is downright flawed. A couple characters have essentially been top tier lock-in picks for every team, and a couple have been recognized as trash as long as the game's been released, with Blizzard doing little about it. Additionally, it feels like a fourth of all characters have some kind of ability that takes away your opponent's ability to play the game. It's a ridiculous design concept and I can't believe that it's so pervasive in Overwatch. You can get completely frozen, flashbanged, put to sleep, pinned, knocked down by Reinhardt's ult, interrupted by the meathook, stuck in a beartrap, gravity-fucked, etc etc etc.
>>
>>383232867
>think Overwatch is a shitty game
>still lmao at how assblasted TF2fags get that it's better than their even worse game
>>
>>383233154
He's no more serious than Reaper. He's a bad guy with evil goals who gets jobbed by a monkey. They can't make Talon a serious threat considering all the lore up until this point paint them as complete retards whose only succesful missions include: killing a pacifist and turning an agents wife into a murderous blueberry.
>>
>>383233254
/trash/ would like to have a word with you
>>
File: ow ripoffs of tf2 examples.png (2MB, 1336x1264px) Image search: [Google]
ow ripoffs of tf2 examples.png
2MB, 1336x1264px
>>383233145
>Most of the characters in Overwatch play nothing like TF2 classes
They play like dumbed-down TF2 classes.
>and even the ones that do have similarities look nothing alike
I mean, just because classes don't look alike doesn't make them stop being ripoffs. Final Combat, the Chinese ripoff of TF2, is reskinned but people still consider it a ripoff.

Anyway there are multiple visual similarities between TF2 and OW as the image shows.
>I think TF2's classes are far better, but it's harder for me to defend it considering what it's become
Even at its lowest point TF2 has always been better than what OW is now.
>>
File: tf2 vs ow.png (59KB, 1090x662px) Image search: [Google]
tf2 vs ow.png
59KB, 1090x662px
>>383233475
Correction to the silly error in your post:
>know Overwatch is a shitty game
>even at its lowest points, TF2 has always been a far better game than Overwatch

You're just hurting yourself by playing OW over TF2, or even over Dirty Bomb or Paladins. Blizzard only wants to pander to literal retards and SJWs. That's their entire community, by the way: the scraps of the Call of Duty and League of Legends communities.

Surely you're better than that.
>>
>>383231491
>Terry Crews
>fun and refreshing

choose one.
>>
File: They STOLE from me.png (101KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
They STOLE from me.png
101KB, 300x212px
>>383233584
>>
>>383233801
>Less clear

In what fucking way?
>>
>>383232413
>>Cliche angry black man
Have you ever seen Terry Crews before?
>>
>>383233254
I agree that her design is shit, but a lot of the fan art for Widow comes from the fact that she's sexy with a fat ass. That doesn't necessarily mean she has a good design, it's just something easy for artists to latch onto, especially when whatever product their from is extremely popular (see: every time Nintendo shows off some new thicc brown girl). It's why so many Japanese artists sit around only drawing characters from whatever mobage is popular at the moment, it's the easiest way to build a following.

It's no secret that cute and fuckable males and females typically get more fanart than something that isn't sexualized. Anyways, regardless of how much fan art is out there, that image is still cherrypicked to hell and back when you could just use in game images or the portraits on their website. Comparing character designs in fan art is dumb.
>>
>>383234060
TF2 has a crisp, minimal style where everything is recognizable at a glance. Overwatch is a clusterfuck of colors and lights.
>>
>they didn't go with the pop culture guy who would spout off endless catchphrases
>instead they made an original character who builds on the lore and is actually villainous
And somehow this is cowardly pandering wish fulfillment.
>>
I feel like he will have the same problem as jacob from me2. Because hes black they have to make his charachter boring, because any risk could have tumblr (like 60% of their fans) screaming DAS RASIS
>>
>>383234060
Seconding this. How is it any less clear than TF2 when it comes to what your enemy has chosen?
>>
>>383234198
Tell me anon, do you honestly care about the lore?
>>
>>383233983
>TF2 health pack: blue, white and red box floating on an angle and cylinder floating on an angle
>Overwatch health pack: blue, white and red box floating on an angle and cylinder floating on an angle
I'm pointing out small details to display how many different elements Blizzard copied from TF2 in making Overwatch. If you single out only the health packs of course it seems ridiculous. There are way more similarities than that.

I don't understand why Blizzdrones continue to unironically pretend that Blizzard didn't rip off TF2 in the creation of Overwatch. Jeff Kaplan has already explicitly admitted their entire game is based around TF2's base gameplay.

>https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-story-of-overwatch-the-complete-jeff-kaplan-in/1100-6439202/

>Then, Team Fortress 2 in a lot of ways, especially when it launched back in 2007, was as perfect of a design of a team-based shooter as you could ever achieve. Visually, from the gameplay mechanics, from the balance, from the maps and the modes--it was just a brilliant, brilliant game. And what had happened over the years since Team Fortress 2's release is we had this big boom of MOBA games. I think the thing that really spoke to people in MOBAs, more than anything, was how coordinated teams could really be successful.

>I think we saw a refinement take place that said, "Well, what if you had these cool abilities, epic abilities happening, great movement, and then really embraced the team play and objective-based gameplay, and didn't let it get 12v12 meat-grindery, but really focused people on winning or losing as a group? What could you come up with?"

>I think all those elements combined are what led to Overwatch becoming Overwatch.
>>
>>383234193
Are you saying you have problems determining what heroes your enemy has chosen in OW? Because I'd say it's really clear what your enemy team has.
>>
File: ow vis shitfest.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ow vis shitfest.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383234060
>>383234263
Because Overwatch is full of shadows, giant viewmodels, and flashy particle effects and lights which obscure the gameplay and make it harder to see where the enemy actually is, who the enemy is, and what they're doing.

Picture related is a good example. There are plenty more.

Meanwhile TF2 maps are all extremely well-lit, particle effects are kept to a minimum, viewmodels can be reduced or removed entirely, and if you're unhappy about anything to do with TF2's visuals, you can mod parts out.
>>
>>383233479
The lore right now with doomfist is painting him as being actually serious and a real threat.

They are trying to make them more viable.
>>
>>383233801
>community market as a plus
Kill yourself, also tf2 was just as expensive on launch as ow but no one bought it because it was ugly as shit, thats why it ended up going f2p just like fucking dota 2. Not even a blizzfag but get off your horse nigger
>>
File: 1498344274646.png (132KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
1498344274646.png
132KB, 407x286px
>>383231491
Overwatch is about mass-appeal first, fun second, and balance third.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
>>
>>383234193
>>383234525
How can I forget the notorious Overwatch fog that rolls in and makes Hanzo look identical to Genji. What bullshit are you people spouting?
>>
>>383234584
Gee I wonder why that says as of 2016 at the top, really makes you think.
>>
File: 1499458675261.png (98KB, 740x633px) Image search: [Google]
1499458675261.png
98KB, 740x633px
>made him black but not the funny kind
Disappointed, really.
>>
>>383234328
I'm stating that if you try hard enough, you can see how much influence X has to Y. It literally does not matter.

>>383234576
The lore painted Reaper as being a serious threat. And yet, here we are.
>>
File: 1497398815879.jpg (121KB, 664x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497398815879.jpg
121KB, 664x720px
I hope we're not comparing a game with ten years of content to a game with one year of content in this thread fellow buddies
>>
>>383233801
isnt it a strawman to compare things like weapons

and if you're confused with classes during game, you might have mental issues
>>
>>383234070
Crackdown 3 trailer
>>
>>383234525
That looks horribly cherry picked. You're forgetting the amount of motion that goes on in an actual game. I've never had any issue as Lucio or any other character not being able to see an enemy hero due to my own abilities or character model. You're also leaving out how the uniqueness of abilities+visuals and the sounds each hero makes.
>>
>>383234884
It is horribly cherry picked. That's pretty damn obvious.
>>
File: team fortress solly.jpg (316KB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
team fortress solly.jpg
316KB, 4000x2250px
>>383234584
>>community market as a plus
How is it anything but a plus?
>Want a specific cosmetic or weapon? buy it/trade for it at a community-determined price immediately.
You cannot do this in OW. You must endlessly buy crates.
>Get a cosmetic/weapon you don't like? Sell it to other people and get money to spend on Steam games.
You can't do this with Overwatch. Roll a bad skin and you're stuck with it forever.
>want to cash out of the game and sell all your stuff, allowing you to buy other games? It can be done.
Can't do that in Overwatch. The money you spent on skins is a sunk cost forever.

>kill yourself
I don't understand why you're getting so mad just because I made a good point.
>>
>>383234884
this is also from the beta. The lighting in the map looks nothing like this anymore lmao
>>
If he was Doomfist everyone here would be complaining about memes ruining Overwatch, all of you are colossal faggots and you are more attached to things you dislike than things you like.
>>
>>383232068
>Euro
Make a US server or fuck off
Im not playing in a server where i will lag just to deal with smug cunts
>>
>>383234525
>using compressed images from the beta on console fov as a point of reference
You should probably use those better examples you have.

Visually, yes tf2 is easier to look at it, but it's not hard to tell what's going on in Overwatch. The game also utilizes a ton of audio cues in the same way tf2 uses sentry noises, spy uncloaking, etc.
>>
>>383234948
>Get gouged, as community markets always fluctate towards people playing the gouging game
>Pay money for cosmetic items, the bulk of which (at least when I played ages ago) were entirely fucking pointless
>>
>>383234974
Except every time Doomfist Crews was brought up, there was almost never any opposition to the idea because people found it funny. You know what is genuinely hilarious? More people bitch that "YOU'D BITCH NO MATTER WHAT" than people actually bitch about shit.
>>
>>383233801
I don't play either you stupid mouthbreather
>>
File: 1487558281943.jpg (121KB, 600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1487558281943.jpg
121KB, 600x1066px
>>383234974
Nah fuck off Terry Crews was teased for months and nobody minded it except the greedy fucks at Blizzard preferring to hire cheap Africans instead.
>>
>>383231712
>You will never hear Terry scream POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER as he does his ultimate
>>
File: ow large viewmodels.png (763KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ow large viewmodels.png
763KB, 1920x1080px
>>383234781
>isnt it a strawman to compare things like weapons
If you think that, you don't understand what a strawman is at all.
Weapons or classes are both delivery mechanisms for gameplay styles. TF2 has far, far more gameplay styles.
>and if you're confused with classes during game, you might have mental issues
See >>383234525
>>383234884
>>383234946
>That looks horribly cherry picked
There's nothing cherry picked about it. Large sections of the community were complaining about the poor visual clarity on release.

I'm posting images taken by an Overwatch player himself who spoke up about the horrible visual clarity who was making a genuine complaint.
>>
>>383232223
Quit before season 1 ended. only time I bothered playing again was the omnic crisis event. I find it kinda funny and sad how shit the game is right now and seeing them fuck up on doomfist just another thing to add to the pile of reasons why overwatch is a pile of shit
>>
>>383235195
Makes me wonder why you're here
>>
>>383234718
>The old lore made them a joke.
>The newest piece of lore is trying to paint them as a more real threat witht he new character
>But the old lore made them a joke.
You are talking this in a circle.
>>
Terry loves PC gaming now and has visited the offices. I'm willing to bet money on the fact that Blizz wants him to voice a character, but was already far along enough with Doomfist's development that they didn't want to go back just to add his voice. I'm sure we'll see him voice a character in the future.
>>
File: file.png (154KB, 600x412px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
154KB, 600x412px
>>383234193
>crisp, minimal style
>>
>>383235228
>There's nothing cherry picked about it
It's a beta picture taken at the exact moment that Lucio's gun gets incredibly bright, which lasts for such a short time you actually have to take a picture of it to realise it
>Large Sections
As someone who spent a lot of time in the early days of the community listening to people bitch about X and Y, I'm going to tell you with 100% certainty, you are full of shit. Large sections weren't bitching about visual clarity. They were bitching about McCree and Torb.
>Taken by an Overwatch Player himself
From the Beta, apparently. Any new pictures?
>>
>>383234948
None of its a plus because cosmetics have made TF2 the visual abomination it is today. Not to mention it's completely polluted the community with stupid dickwaving and people who sit around in actual servers trying to trade someone because they see a cool hat.
>>
>>383235070
>Get gouged
True but irrelevant. You don't have the ability to choose in OW at all. You buy a cosmetic, you're stuck with it.
>Pay money for cosmetic items, the bulk of which (at least when I played ages ago) were entirely fucking pointless
This is an Overwatch versus TF2 comparison, retard. Both games include money for "pointless" cosmetics.
>>383235195
Then why are you here? Good job outing yourself as a liar, you stupid mouthbreather.
>>
>>383235258
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>383234626
>mass appeal
I'm sure Ngule Mbembe Ombale and all his buddies on the savanah really care and appreciate blizzards dedication to represent them in a video game
>>
>>383235429
Actually I'm talking about your post in which you claim a communiuty market is a plus for Team Fortress. If you don't want to debate about it, don't fucking talk about the community market being a plus for Team Fortress.
>>
File: ow shadow.jpg (614KB, 2908x1616px) Image search: [Google]
ow shadow.jpg
614KB, 2908x1616px
>>383235026
>Visually, yes tf2 is easier to look at it
Exactly.
>The game also utilizes a ton of audio cues in the same way tf2 uses sentry noises, spy uncloaking, etc
TF2 utilizes crystal clear well-lit visuals and audio cues. OW utilizes shadowy visuals with particle effects out the ass, giant viewmodels, and audio cues. Hence, a point in TF2's favour.
>>
>>383235228
>>383234525
>>383233801
I knew people who still play TF2 are autismo maximus' but god damn
>>
>>383233584

Can you stop being so ass blasted. Overwatch is the sequel to TFC that TF2 never was.
>>
File: hnmiQ7E[1].jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hnmiQ7E[1].jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
>>383235228
Here ya go bud, a screenshot I just took of the same area.
>>
>>383233436
Literally none of this is true. You'd have to be retarded to call Overwatch "sterile" or "generic."
>>
>>383235441
Did you read the posts before the one you replied to?
>>
>>383235547
Alright now post pictures of the TF2 maps and their crystal clear visuals. And remember, at least some of the shots have to be mid firing from one of the characters ala the first picture you posted.
>>
>>383235595
TFC is and was always shit
TF quake mode was better
And TF2 has surpassed them both
Unless youre one of those
>MUH QUAKE IS BETTER THAN EVERYTHING fags
>>
>>383235206
Teased for months. The only thing I remember is Terry Crews visiting Blizzard. The community propped the idea themselves after Terry expressed his desire to voice a character.
>>383235228
>still using compressed images from the console beta
You have a point. At the very least you could post non compressed release screenshots.
>>
>implying he was ever teased and it wasnt just reddit shit memes.

nice one faggot
>>
>>383235547
literally every single one of these pictures is from the beta, the lighting has been changed entirely on every single one of these maps my dude
>>
>>383234198
So a villain can't be loud and over the top? The good guys have Reinhardt, the bad guys could have had Doomfist. They have enough edge and fedora with Reaper and Widow.
>>
Terry is busy like 24/7

They can't hire big name people like that
>>
>>383235629
Yes, and again, what are you on about? Do you need me to break it down for you?

>Reaper is said to be a serious threat, a terrorist, and all sorts of nasty shit
>He's a jobber who gets beaten up by monkeys and betrayed by his mexican apprentice
>Doomfist, oh no, he's a true terror and is apparently a real threat
>Jobbed by a monkey, and due to the nature of the game, destined to stay jobbed
>>
>>383235547
I still don't understand why you're using compressed youtube screenshots. It's not that fucking hard to grab actual ones off the internet, even if you don't own the game.

And for giant viewmodels, those screenshots certainly aren't doing you any favors.
>>
>>383235881
Because shut up, he copied that picture and he's going to use it in all future threads that he can. Don't use logic to disarm him.
>>
>>383235860
>Post complains that reaper and rest of talon were made into jokes by the lore videos.
>Next post says that the newest lore video tried to make talon look more serious.
>Your post complains that that reaper was made into a joke by the old lore videos.

If you can't see how you are arguing in a circle, I can't help you.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you, you have to be able to do that part by yourself.
>>
>>383235838
It's just twenty lines at most what the fuck. He's not voicing a Final Fantasy.
>>
>>383234206
lucio wasn't boring and he's fun to play

plenty of decent stereotypes to draw from and terry crews is a pretty good one
>>
>>383233801
I like Overwatch more than TF2, that being said I haven't played TF2 in months because it feels so sluggish and outdated compared Overwatch, which is great with feedback.

Anyways, I just wanted to say for all you TF2Fags, you people never mention the fucking forced 50/50 win rate, fuck Blizzard for doing that, it seriously ruins the whole point of the damn game.

I'll probably get bored of OW and eventually go back to TF2, it's so comfy.
>>
>>383235706
This. Blizzards are the king of fucking up hype, but it was Terry himself who was adamant on being in the game and the community jacking off over the idea. They were put in a bad position because they would come out and say he's not voicing him, at a time when Doomfist wasn't even announced to be in the game iirc)
>>
>>383231712
>>383235221

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fv_1pz-G3o
>>
>>383236040
Okay let's go over this
>Give Talon another character
>They aren't a joke character
Except neither was Reaper, and yet he's a joke
>The lore right now with doomfist is painting him as being actually serious and a real threat.
Except no it's not, he got beaten up by a monkey scientist

I'm telling you old and new is irrelevant it's EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME.
>>
>4chin is angry that a game didn't add an african american

where did everything go so RIGHT?
>>
>>383235360
Yes, a crisp, minimal style. You're confusing "anachronism" with "artstyle". On both sides of your picture, the character detail is minimal.

Plus, like I said, TF2 has moddability if you don't like any visual elements, unlike Overshit which is unmoddable. You can remove hats entirely with the No Hats Mod.

You can't remove the shitty ugly skins in Overwatch, because ActiBlizz does not allow modification.
>>383235382
I want you to compare this:
https://youtu.be/qmgj2frlaTk?t=107
To this:
https://youtu.be/h7svHw5twBI?t=42

Then I want you to tell me in which game it's easier to see what's going on.

Which game has more visual clutter?
>>383235403
Mod them out if you don't like the look of it, faggot. It's not hard to do.
>Not to mention it's completely polluted the community with stupid dickwaving and people who sit around in actual servers trying to trade someone because they see a cool hat
These people are a minority and do not affect the way you play your game.
>>383235528
>Actually I'm talking about your post in which you claim a communiuty market is a plus for Team Fortress
I said it was a plus over OW, idiot. Just admit you lost the argument.
>>
>>383236138
Forced 50% is the same as complaining about being the average rank in competitive. Maybe you just aren't as good as you think.
>>
>>383236220
>Using hitsounds other than the stock "ding"
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>383231812
this desu

the voice cast hangs out and is always ready to do stuff because none of them have a career going on. McCree's voice actor is the most successful but he's only a voice actor for mostly anime, which is garbage

Crew is in movies, TV, whatever. no way can Overwatch have him join that loser crew
>>
>>383236208
>Post says that they may be trying to do better on that as per the brand new video
>BUT THE OLD ONES DIDN'T!

1. You are speculating.
2. you still don't understand how you are arguing in a circle.

Have a nice night, man, and good luck.
>>
>>383231491
>Blizzard had Doomfist and a VA already planned form the start
>Terry Crews takes advantage of virgins like you and gets in on this wanting to be Doomfist
>cry when he isn't when he wasn't supposed to be him
>>
>>383235564
>>383235595
Not an argument.
>>383235683
See >>383236220
>>383236138
>that being said I haven't played TF2 in months because it feels so sluggish and outdated compared Overwatch
What does "outdated" and "sluggish" mean in this context exactly?

>fuck Blizzard for doing that, it seriously ruins the whole point of the damn game.
Then just quit already, dude. Overwatch is never going to improve.
We're talking about post-Activision Blizzard here.
>>
>>383235595
>Overwatch is the sequel to TFC that TF2 never was.
This is something nobody who has ever touched TFC in their life would ever say
>>
>>383236208
You know that winston is like super insanely strong, right?

Doomfist is a tough dude with a cool weapon that lets him do gnarly things. Winston can literally backhand objects that weight hundreds of pounds dozens of feet away.
>>
>>383236432
I'm not speculating it literally happened in his lore video. Give me any proof that he is in any way more serious than Reaper, who again, is nothing more than a grim faced joke.
>>
>>383235564
It's just sad at this point.
>>
The worst thing I hate about the crews shit was that

>heh he built a gaming computer
>whoa what a gamer!!!!!
>posted by gamology

Now it's even better when you look at the 62 yr old who runs gamology with his two sons. Totally out of touch
>>
File: laffin.jpg (409KB, 1157x772px) Image search: [Google]
laffin.jpg
409KB, 1157x772px
>>383235595
>>
>>383236460
>calling people virgins on the internet
Dam it's like a fucking middleschool itt
>>
>>383236469
No man. I want pictures, with some characters firing. Not videos. Pictures. Do it.
>>
>>383236220
It's not a matter of appearance, even though most of the cosmetics are hideous, it's the toll it's taken on the community.
>>383236220
>These people are a minority and do not affect the way you play your game.
How don't they affect the way I play my game? I literally have to compensate for the lack of teammates.
>>
>>383236247
Forced win rate means if you're a good player, the servers try to fuck you by placing you with bad teammates. It's impossible to carry your whole team for a win in every single match.

The more you win the more tryhard Hanzos and Widowmakers end up in your team.
>>
>>383236220
>The massive smoke coming from Soldiers rocket launcher, taking up that nice chunk of screen
My god how do you even play this?
>>
>>383236469

Not him and I already quit OW, but TF2 has only gotten worse since I quit around the time MvM came out. It feels like more of a social hub than a game people want to play seriously.
>>
>>383236613
What a weird thing to care about.
>>
File: 1498346762760.gif (765KB, 504x504px) Image search: [Google]
1498346762760.gif
765KB, 504x504px
>Wow an actual character instead of a living meme? I guess Blizzard took the easy way out!
>>
>>383236759
How the fuck does that work? When does it decide X and Y are doing too good / bad and have to get placed with Y and X? That sounds like complete paranoia coughed up by people who try to explain why they won twice and lost three times.
>>
>>383236571
He probably does, but that hurts his argument so he'll ignore it.
>>
>>383231927
Roadhog is awful character design. They basically said one-hit combos are a mistake. They'll never, ever release a hero like that again.
>>
Terry Crews is a fucking meme and i'm glad he's not voicing Doomfist.

The community got it in their heads that Crews should be Doomfist. Blizzard did good PR and invited Crews over to the HQ to check shit out, no doubt even let him play a build of Doomfist behind closed doors, but that was the extent of it.

People thought Crews hint of something big at E3 was going to be Doomfist and Overwatch. It was instead Crackdown 3.

People are only dissapointed because they convinced themselves of something that was never going to happen in the first place.
>>
File: 1487784427962.jpg (54KB, 510x370px) Image search: [Google]
1487784427962.jpg
54KB, 510x370px
>>383231491
>mfw I stopped playing Overwatch for Paladins
>mfw fun support characters
>mfw fun voice packs
>mfw overwatch community says voice packs would somehow """ruin""" characters because so much is reliant on knowing voice lines
OW is truly garbage in comparison to Paladins, but sadly Hirez is garbage themselves as well.
>>
>>383236886
Congratulations on avoiding making a meme character and sliding right into stock characters. The might makes right villain, refreshing.
>>
>>383231491
>Everyone excited for Terry Crews as Doomfist
Literally the first I've heard of this.
>>
>Ana
Black woman
>Sombra
Black woman
>Orisa
Voiced by a black woman
>Doomfist
Black man

Is this what people think when they ask for more "diversity"?
>>
File: mike-morhaime-2.jpg (57KB, 800x618px) Image search: [Google]
mike-morhaime-2.jpg
57KB, 800x618px
>>383232223
we know you wanted it but why waste 1 million dollars when we can pay this shitty voice actor for 1 grand
>>
>>383236961
The ult voice lines are the only ones people need. And I mean, that's true.
>>
>>383236990
At what point wasn't this game full of fucking archetypes?

That's part of why I like the game. It's like playing an 80s saturday morning cartoon.
>>
>>383236759
Exactly my point. Every game is like this. There are literal retards at every stage of the game and at every rank people complain about their teammates being frothing idiots. This isn't exclusive to Overwatch. Just go look at all of the people who complain about "elo hell" in League of Legends. Winrates tend to average out since you don't play against the same low skill opponents as you improve too.
>>383236613
The dude built it so he could play games and involve himself with his kids' hobbies. He's not trying to be a xxharC0r3 gam3rxx.
>>
>>383236654
>Not videos. Pictures
Videos>pictures.
>>383236661
> it's the toll it's taken on the community
The what? Are you retarded? Elaborate. What "toll"?
>I literally have to compensate for the lack of teammates
I don't understand how fully populated 12v12 servers suddenly stop existing because 5% of the community is sniping at each other in trade servers. And by the way, if you'd ever been to a trade server, you'd know that only a fraction of the people in there are AFK, and the rest use it as a deathmatch map.
>>383236762
Sarcastic jokes are not an argument.
>>383236801
>since I quit around the time MvM came out
TF2 has gotten WAY better since MvM. And dude, that was 5 years ago.
>It feels like more of a social hub than a game people want to play seriously.
There are plenty of people playing TF2 seriously all the time.
>>
>>383237003
Then to you I say, welcome back to 4chan after a few months absence.
>>
>>383237064
>Ana
Brown. Egypt isn't fucking black.

>Sombra
Mexican, not black.

>Orisa
Well duh, she's from Numbani in Nigeria

>Doomfist
Also from Nigeria.
>>
>>383236460
Should've been Crews anyways nerd.
>>
File: vlcsnap-5636997.png (299KB, 880x496px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-5636997.png
299KB, 880x496px
With enough demand, they could sell his voice as DLC. Kinda like how CoD sold that voice pack with Snoop Dogg
>>
>>383237164
I'm waiting for those pictures. Remember, some have to be firing in the picture. We've still got time, so I'll hang around and wait for you.
>>
>>383236886
Heh, kiddo, once you see my superior interpretation of events you'll see the error of your ways.
Don't even bother replying. I've been preparing for overwatch hate threads for months and have a terabyte folder specifically designed to buttblast overfags.
Hehehe.
>>
>>383236762
Just answer the question.
Compare this.
>https://youtu.be/qmgj2frlaTk?t=107
To this:
>https://youtu.be/h7svHw5twBI?t=42
Which is more visually cluttered? Answer the question.

The easily observable fact that TF2 is less visually cluttered than Overwatch is a point in its favour.
>>
>>383237179
I guess I'm not on /v/ much anymore and I don't play overwatch.
>>
File: 1498320164222.png (233KB, 457x380px) Image search: [Google]
1498320164222.png
233KB, 457x380px
>Wanting Terry Crews as Doomfist
>Not superior BIG MAN TYRONE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tenhPHytX1U
>>
>>383236990
So like every other character in the game? Though I guess Terry would fit right into that since all of his roles are just him playing himself.
>>
>>383237164
>Sarcasm
Okay then let me be serious, your bullshit argument also works on your shitty video right there. All the guns are held up way too high and take up way too much space, the smoke is pretty much a grey version of the "horrible" lucio attack you hate so much. It's not crisp and it's not crystal clear or whatever stupid fucking words you were using.
>But it's more clear than Overwatch!
Yeah but you made some nice big shoes to fill with your bold claims that it's "crystal clear" and a true marvel.
>>
>>383237254
I'm still waiting for you to answer the question. You first. >>383237293
>>
>>383236886
>overwatch
>characters
they all fucking suck
the designs are complete garbage
>>
>>383237293
It's actually almost the same level of clutter, you blind fuck. It's just in different places.
>>
>>383237230
All shitskins
gotcha
>>
>>383236961
I refuse to play any Hirez game since they'll drop it at a moment's notice. Blizzard is on the complete opposite of that spectrum with keeping games that deserve to die alive for a decade.
>>
>>383237239
Nah it should've been me. I want to get paid.

See? I can but into people's personal projects to jerkoff my own image.
>>
>>383237417
Just mod it out :^)
>>
File: What clutter.jpg (91KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
What clutter.jpg
91KB, 800x450px
>>383237361
Except I asked first for those pictures. Any day now, man, clock is ticking. Once again just incase you forgot, some people have to be firing. I'll get you started.
>>
>>383237354
>All the guns are held up way too high and take up way too much space
If you don't like that, you can turn on minimal viewmodels and turn down viewmodel FOV.
The player in that video is using the Original, which is a replica of the Rocket Launcher from Quake. Its design is not intended to conserve screen space.
The guns take up way less space than Overwatch anyway.
>the smoke is pretty much a grey version of the "horrible" lucio attack you hate so much
Are you seriously pretending that there aren't a billion 60x worse effects in the Overwatch video?
>It's not crisp and it's not crystal clear
Looks like it to me.
>But it's more clear than Overwatch!
You correctly identified the entire point of the argument. Don't try and move the goalposts now.
>>
>>383237156
I advise you to see the concept and actions of the overwatch community and other game outlets when the talk of terry crews came out, many other posters see it here too

>you should know normies think gaming pcs = xXHardc0r3G4M3RXx

Shame
>>
File: 1480613520256.jpg (73KB, 618x911px) Image search: [Google]
1480613520256.jpg
73KB, 618x911px
>>383236183
>that's right it's me
>>
>>383237592
I'm not the one boasting about how utterly crisp my visuals are. It's not moving a goalpost when you make such claims, dipshit.
>>
>>383237417
Except it's not, you blind fuck.

Since you're obviously far too stubborn to be convinced by literally OBJECTIVE evidence, I'm going to leave it to anyone else who reads the thread to see.

When you literally start arguing that black is white when proven wrong, there's nothing further I can do in this argument.
>>383237557
Just waiting for you to answer the question first, thanks. I've already provided plenty of pictures, in addition to video.

Please go ahead and tell me what exactly about picture evidence is more representative of video-based gameplay than video evidence.
>>
Blizzard didn't get him because Microsoft made a better offer and gave him a role in Crackdown 3
>>
>>383234979
>EU players can play on US servers without any issues
>US players can't play on EU servers without lagging

What did they mean by this?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>383237805
So uncluttered. I've noticed you're avoiding posting pictures? Why is that?
>>
>>383237790
Again, they ARE crystal clear.
What in your image at all isn't 100% obvious to see what is happening?

There is a Payload. There is a RED Sentry. There is a RED Engineer with crits. There is a blu Heavy on fire using Huo-Long heater. There is a RED Pyro. You are a BLU Pyro.

How is the game failing in any way to deliver you the information you need to know?
>>
>>383233584
Holy shit. Never realized tf2 had a healthpack, rocket launcher, AND a Russian. What a rip off. Fuck overwatch for stealing ideas.
>>
Terry Crews is a poser. Name one PC game that he plays that isn't OW. Show me him playing games. And I mean at his own PC, not that E3 shit where he placed last place in Battlefield.
>>
>>383236951
>The community got it in their heads that Crews should be Doomfist. Blizzard did good PR and invited Crews over to the HQ to check shit out, no doubt even let him play a build of Doomfist behind closed doors, but that was the extent of it.

I kind of doubt that, Crews wouldn't waste his time going down without some sort of job offer on the line. Crews doesn't fit what we now know they wanted Doomfist to be at all so of course he didn't get that role, but I wouldn't be shocked to see some Blizzard character being voiced by crews in the future.
>>
>>383234884
it's clearly cherry picked as fuck
>>
>>383233436
>the vast majority of them exhibit little-to-no personality in the actual game

Voice lines, interaction between heroes, unique first person animations, etc...

I kinda disagree
>>
>>383236886
>actual character
>literally how tumblr sees Africans: The character

FUCK THESE CAPTCHAS SLINT EYED HIRO YOU GREEDY FUCKING NIP
>>
>>383234193
the maps in TF2 look like shit: bland as they can be

let me put it like this: I wouldn't want to visit any TF2 locations if they existed in real life
>>
>>383238035
>Crews doesn't fit what we now know they wanted Doomfist to be at all so of course he didn't get that role
What are you talking about? What we now know as Doomfist is "big black guy who wants to fight to prove humanities strength" Yeah that's a real Idris Elba character. Can't picture Crews doing that at all.
>>
>>383237929
Yes, it is extremely uncluttered. All the information you need to know is highly visible.

>I've noticed you're avoiding posting pictures? Why is that?
Because 1: I've already posted pictures and people complained about that being not representative enough, 2: video is more representative.

Now I've answered your question, you have to answer mine.

>>383237293
>>383237293
>>383237293

We know you don't want to because it shows your argument to be wrong, but if you have any interest in actually arguing, you'll answer with what we all know: Overwatch is more visually cluttered than TF2.

Hurry up, I haven't got all day.
>>
>>383238146
That's interesting. Go back to that Lucio picture, what information that is very much on the need to know obscured? You have trouble reading the health bar?

More importantly, where did you post pictures? Link?
>>
>>383232867
What the fuck tank meta are you talking about. Why do silvers make retarded images like this like they know fuckall about the game OR development processes?
>>
>>383238035
>Crews wouldn't waste his time going down without some sort of job offer on the line

Do you know his personal schedule? Some PR person at Blizzard probably invited him to the studio whenever he was free, and because he's a cool fucking dude he went.
>>
>>383231491
>Doomfist is now a OC DONUT STEAL Niggerian wish fulfillment character instead of something fun and refreshing

>someone seriously expects originiality from a game that could be called "market-research: the game"
>>
>>383232223
/thread
>>
you people are sad
>>
>>383238009
>he's not a real vidya gamer like me
Get over yourself man.
>Name one PC game that he plays that isn't OW. Show me him playing games.
You and I both know that you'd see that as him trying to convince everyone that he's a "gamer." I don't even see why it matters. He's not harming anyone. It's not like pretending to be a gamer does anything for him.
>>
>>383238262
Overfags are a carbon-copy of lolfags. They even complain about the same shit(tank-meta)
>>
>>383233584
jesus fucking christ, that picture is so cringey, I could practially smell the sweat of the fat neckbeard so desperately trying to grasp at straws to show how OW is a ripoff

Embarrassing.
>>
>>383238262
The tank meta was an actual thing, though. Not anymore, mind you. But it was.
>>
>>383238269
I can't remember the last time a game had a Nigerian character in it. He's also pretty shitty wish furfillment considering he loses his first on screen fight.
>>
>/v/ arguing with tf2g v owg
I thought we did this last summer. Do your guys' parents not let you on during the year. Both sides of this are retarded and autistic. Fuck off summer, no one cares.
>>
>>383238130
The personality and temperament of Doomfist and just about every character Terry has ever played are complete opposites. The only reason people want to see Terry is because he's the loud, funny, and charismatic black guy who says ridiculous shit and screams a lot.

Terry is best when he's not taking things seriously, which obviously Doomfist is.
>>
>>383238130
First off Crews can't do a Nigerian accent, secondly the only time Doomfist even raises his voice slightly is his ult.
So now you've hired Terry Crews to do a bad Nigerian accent and not have him yell, money well spent.
>>
>>383238725
>>383238616
Are his personal lines out yet?
>>
>>383238725
Why does he need to be Niggerian? Who the fuck asked for it besides Neofaggers?
>>
>>383231491
Blizzard is one of the worst developers of all time. I'm flabbergasted at why they have such a loyal fanbase. They're absolute fucking trash at every aspect.
>>
>>383236961
>Falling for the Hi-Rez meme after what they did to Global Agenda
>>
>>383238903
They used to actually make good games.
None of those people still work at blizz.
>>
>>383238130
Crews only partially fits with what Doomfist ended up being. That being a large, bald, muscly black man.

They might as well be on other sides of the spectrum when it comes to personality and shit. I'm not even saying it was a good decision, but they probably had this idea of Doomfist established a long time before Crews ever even expressed interest in the role.
>>
>>383237437
>Naturally tanned, even complexion against onyx skin and pink palms
Being racist is the biggest meme
>>
>>383238983
one of the guys that made vanilla wow is the overwatch lead dev tho
>>
>>383238886
>Why does he need to be Niggerian?

I'm not sure if you've noticed by now but the entire game is about people from different cultures. So yes him being convincingly Nigerian was vitally important.
>>
>>383238886
Because they wanted him to be? Why is literally any character anything from anywhere? It's not all a political agenda you know. These things are planned out far in advance anyways considering how the Doomfist has been in Numbani since release. They probably thought it would be interesting and unique, even though it really isn't.

You could say the same for every character.
>>
>>383236941
>They basically said one-hit combos are a mistake. They'll never, ever release a hero like that again.
Meanwhile they buff hanzo, the character based around the TF2 character that had a weapon the community called the lucksman because 1 hit kill, spammable projectiles are let people with mediocre aim get kills and feel good. Hanzo's scattershot has more kill potential than tracer's ult
>>
>>383238886
Why does D.va need to be Korean? Why do Hanzo and Genji need to be Japanese? Why does Torbjorn need to be a Swedish midget? Why does Lucio need to be Brazilian? Why does Mercy need to be a Swiss Aryan goddess? Why do most characters in the game have some form of accent and speak in their native tongue when ulting?

I don't understand the issue of having a black guy from Africa.
>>
>>383238983
>None of those people still work at blizz.
They do though.
>>
>>383233584
> see the visual similarities between this cyberpunk Mexican girl and this goofy-faced French spy?

How fucking asshurt can you be?
>>
>>383232223
>23â–¶>>383232705 >>383235238 >>383237071 >>383238295
>File: Bobby_kotick-jew.jpg (30 KB, 300x260)

i quit before free weekeend ended.

i was ostracised by mty friends for a few weeks but now they all dropped it and said i was right, except for1 of them

who is always pissed about the new cahnges

alway.ss
>>
>>383236183
That is what I've been imagining in my head leading up to this. Terry Crews shouting while punching people, that is it exactly.

Imagine all of the flavor Terry Crews would've brought to this character. It would've been incredible.
>>
>>383239275
>the character based around the TF2 character that had a weapon the community called the lucksman
Based around? That's literally the only thing they have in common. They don't even play the same or have similar abilities.
>>
>>383239176
Niggerians don't have culture.
>>
>>383239540
Do you even understand the picture?

Sombra is a shitty ripoff of the spy. She can invis and hack the other team.
>>
>>383239672
Maybe your friends ostracized you for being a slurring retard.
>>
>people on /v/ actually defending this shit game

I've never played a game more unbalanced than this pile of shit. The character designs are whatever, but the gameplay is absolute ass.
>>
>>383238959

I miss GA

I miss Tribes Ascend more, but I still do misss GA.

fucking hi-rez.

>>383239081

jeff didnt "make" wow, he did some really shitty quest design like the green hills of stranglethorn.

and when people say "good games that blizz made" they mean games BEFORE world of warcraft fuck.

>>383238262

can you IMAGINE being this new?
>>
>>383239816
The game is a power trip for casuals.

If you play tanks and supports, even if you're on a controller, you can defeat veteran fps with insta-kills and auto-aim.
>>
>>383238725
So he's male Widowmaker from Nigeria?
>>
>>383239702
Who cares if they're that similar characters, they're still getting kills without needing good tracking or flicking because thats how any non hitscan character is going to be
>>
>>383239837
No. People really don't mean that. YOU mean that, because I assume you like Warcraft, but as popular as Warcraft was WoW is what made them the big bux, and it's what people have been fanatically playing for years.
>>
>>383239892
>supports
>tanks
>insta-kills and auto-aim
What?
>>
>>383239740
You showed them side by side. The picture focuses on visual designs, like Zarya compared to Heavy (who look extremely similar but play nothing alike) and the Route 66 payload, which looks similar to the stock TF2 one.

Then, you show Spy and Sombra, which look completely different and have entirely different personalities, and expect us to know the finer points of their playstyles and conclude "ripoff" because invisibility.

Spy doesn't hack the enemy team, btw. Sapping buildings != hacking enemy players.
>>
>>383239816
OW= Checkers
Every other FPS= Chess

There I summed up why this game is shit.
>>
>>383239740
Does that mean that Spy is a shitty ripoff of J.C Denton, who can also go invisible and hack?
>>
>>383240170
>arguing semantics

Literal autism.
>>
>>383240279
I don't think you know what semantics means.
>>
>>383240279
It's not arguing semantics when that's literally what the image is doing. Even then he rebutted. You can at least address the fact that they don't even play the same.
>>
>>383240159
Winston and Symmetra auto-aim
Reinhardt and Roadhog insta-kills

Oh, not to mention they're easy to play even on a controller.

Also, Healing supports are way too powerful because they virtually have no counter. Mercy, for instance, can stand behind literal shields and all of the onus is on the attacking team to get to her. Even then, she isn't susceptible to being insta-killed because the only real flanking heroes in the game deal really shit damage.

Scout can two-shot a Medic in TF2 in about a second, Spy can backstab a Medic instantaneously. While Genji, Tracer, and Sombra have to deal an average of 80dps trying to kill her, giving her ample opportunity to fly away and her self-heal is kicks in very fast. So basically you aren't going to die.

I'm curious to see if Doomfist is any better than them and can shake up the status quo. I can assure you, if Doomfist is good against tanks and supports, people are going to scream bloody murder to have him nerfed
>>
>>383240276
The spy was a class in TFC, which came out before Deux Ex. So no.
>>
>>383240412
They don't play the same because Sombra is ass and poorly designed. They tried to make a spy, but completely failed.
>>
>>383234974
>everyone here would be complaining about memes ruining Overwatch

people fucking loved it though when they deluded themselves into thinking it would be Crews. I hardly saw a single person having anything negative to say about that idea
>>
>>383240584
Sombra is ass and poorly designed.
So in that regard Sombra is exactly like Spy
>>
>>383240531
I can't believe the spy rips off James Bond. It's fucking criminal.
>>
>>383240940
You sound butthurt.
>>
>>383240957
In what way do I sound butthurt? Are you from a strange realm in which sarcasm equals some form of anger? Because that's pretty unfortunate.
>>
>>383232223
I quit when I realized Blizzard will continue being shit at balancing things, The last straw was the D'va nerf which sent me over the fucking edge and I don't even play D'VA. Their balance philosophy falls in line with fucking Riots and I hated how they handled shit characters are not allowed to be strong because then that would impede on people who are of lesser skill because DVA was not that bullshit.
>>
>>383241248
>D.VA Nerf
Refresh my memory, what did they do?
>Not allowed to be strong
It's not about "being strong" it's about having a roster of characters in which you are supposed to switch to counter X with Y. It's why you can change heroes in your respawn room without a single cost or cooldown.
>>
File: President-Camacho.jpg (53KB, 778x431px) Image search: [Google]
President-Camacho.jpg
53KB, 778x431px
>>383240675
it's physically impossible to hate Terry Crews. He's the one black man that everyone likes now that Bill Cosby is ruined.
>>
>>383234070
>Terry Crews
>Angry.
>Not a fun loving comedian who also does serious roles from time to time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7gR0dj9X6o
>>
>>383231491

Go back to /pol/
>>
>>383241478
Where did he even come from?
>>
>>383241825
he was a football player that became Ice Cubes bodyguard who then gave him an acting role.

He's like Suge Knight if Suge became an actor instead of killing Tupac
>>
>>383242125
Also an amazing painter
>>
>>383231491
Terry Crews as doomfist would have been retarded. This is the worst forced shit just stop posting kid.
>>
>>383237842
EU servers are shit and handle long distance connection about as well as a man with no sense of touch handles eggs covered in lubricant.
US servers are good and can handle players from Europe and Australia/NZ just fine.
>>
Well, he's going to be in Crackdown 3, although I'm going to guess he'll be the only highlight of the game
>>
>>383241478
probably because he's genuinely funny
>>
File: 1459338263800.jpg (39KB, 492x388px) Image search: [Google]
1459338263800.jpg
39KB, 492x388px
>>383242404
>about as well as a man with no sense of touch handles eggs covered in lubricant.
>>
>>383241371
I don't really remember what it was but my reasoning went like this.
>Character was really worthless at everything she did.
>was never picked in high ranked play because all the other tanks did her job better.
>Suddenly buff.
>shes actually a good tank now.
>She can actually deal damage and soak as well.
>projectile deletion was actually useful if a bit overpowered but nothing people couldn't deal with.
>Ult buffed so it wouldn't kill her.
Then a Nerf not even 2 weeks later.
>Damage cut down.
>health /armor removed
>Projectile deletion balanced where it was manageable for her and the enemy.
>Keeps her deathless ult.
I was fucking livid that they caved and did something so drastic as nerf a character back to almost the same state and placement as before. I do keep up with the game still hoping they unfuck themselves but its not fucking happening.
>That Orisa Nerf/"buff" now shares the not so good/situational tank with Dva
>Roadhog no longer works as intended anymore to the point where not even Jeff is fucking happy with it.

While I'am happy Doomfist is finally shown and the temptation is coming back I'am not sure I want to only to be disappointed at the inevitable nerf he'll receive.
>>
>>383243250
Thing is, D.VA is still very practical. People keep playing this fucking game wanting to 1v3 everyone and getting suprised when a Reaper or something joins the party and blows you out of your mech.
>>
>>383235206
>Terry Crews was teased for months
Blizzard said Jack shit about Terry

Terry joked about it for a week and then everyone kept fanning the flames of inevitable disappointment.
>>
>>383235614
looks fine to me

maybe stop drinking flouridated tap water u fuckin mouthbreather
>>
File: 1499011841614.jpg (13KB, 597x519px) Image search: [Google]
1499011841614.jpg
13KB, 597x519px
>>383235706
spoiler terry crews will voice the new chimpanzee defense hero
>>
>>383243250
Just go try out the ptr, doomfist only 6v6 is pretty fun.

>>383243438
D.va counters reaper pretty hard.

>>383243593
The point of him posting that image is to show that it is fine.
>>
>be racist
>still bend over for """based black men""" like Terry Crews
Fuck off.
>>
File: 739.png (53KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
739.png
53KB, 625x626px
>>383244396
>just try out the PTR.
>Its pretty fun.

and therein lies the fuckin problem aint it ? I'am not gonna bother having fun when its obviously going to be taken away from me in some crudely handled manner you're asking me to take the fall with you.
>>
>>383233801
This isn't the best of comparisons.

The price award should go to TF2 because even though it is F2P now it was still cheaper than OW on release.

You could argue the graphics go to OW but TF2's design is what it is. Although some elements were removed for optimisation you can look at it and recognise it as TF2.

When it comes to the whole class, weapons and maps situation, based on the time of this comparison, you're comparing a 9 year old game and a 6 month old game. If you were to compare them both at 6 months old I think OW would win that category as well.

The mechanical skill thing I'm guessing stems from the whole OW is decided by pressing Q meme. Although that is truthful for about 70-80% of the engagements there is definitely skill required outside of that and if you were looking at competitive you could argue that TF2 is who can force Uber first.

Not seeing player count is straight up in TF2s favour.

More balance in maps is some situational based on the map. A lot of the older TF2 maps are a mess and are riddled with choke points. Look at Dust Bowl for example. The entirety of it is narrow chokes or long open sightlines.

It is very easy to see the heroes on OW and you can just press Tab at any point and look as is the same with TF2.

Custom content favours TF2.

Modular cosmetics favours TF2.

Community Market favours TF2.

Dialogue lines would favour OW if we were to compare the games at the same age. Once again, this comes down to TF2 being an older game.

The bottom comparison is an opinion by all standards and I can't comment on it.
>>
>>383231712
>>383231491
>unironically wanting to waste characters le ebin shouting black guy reddit memes
Both of you need to go back
>>
Doomfist is pretty cool and his VA did a swell job!
>>
>>383244923
>dialogue lines would favour OW
>itchy and scratchy drinking together on a porch .avi

You can't be serious, even at 1 year old TF2 had infinitely more and better non cringe dialogue and banter
>>
>>383245612
But the comparison wasn't the level of "cringe" of "banter" it was the amount. If we were to discuss the quality that would also be subject to ones own opinion.

Personally I like the TF2 lines
>>
>>383234525
Remember the "look how shit Battleborn looks" picture?

Overwatch is much worse than this. The Battleborn screenshot was taken when everything was active (in addition to the the person who took the screen used a shit resolution with shit settings). But in Overwatch YOU CAN'T SEE SHIT as soon as the action begins!

Just play Winston, jump into the enemy team and start attacking. The WHOLE FUCKING SCEEN is basically only white. I have never seen such a shit what I see in Overwatch. As soon as any fight begins, everything is full of effects and whiteness.

In Battleborn there is not once the feeling that you can't see anything, but in Overwatch you see shit if a fight starts.
>>
>>383244396
I'm not saying she doesn't. It's just an example of some hero running up and ruining your day. Then people go onto the forums and claim it's unfair because X hero shouldn't counter Y. As long as your hero CAN counter someone and GETS countered by someone, it's fine. It's just everyone very much wants to have their character be tough as shit and have no real counter.

>>383246538
>THE WHOLE FUCKING SEEN IS WHITE
I'll take things that don't happen for 500
>>
>>383233584
the difference here is that one game is more skill based and has an actual competitive scene while the other is an autist's sandbox pony hat collector
>>
>>383231491
Man I reinstalled overwatch when I heard he came out on ptr, I was pretty disappointed he wasn't just a silly mr. fister charter
>>
>>383243250
>I was fucking livid that they caved and did something so drastic as nerf a character back to almost the same state and placement as before.
Anon, D.Va is objectively worse in every way except for her DM than she was at launch.
DM is the only thing keeping her in the game.
>>
>>383232867
but tf2 didn't do well..
>>
File: feels.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
>>383235621
>anon gives his opinion in an elaborated and well written post
>n-no , you're wrong because you're a buzzword
I hate nu-/v/
>>
Hey tf2 autist who won't stop posting after getting btfo so many times.
Take your high school debate club tier logic and go fuck yourself you giant baby.
>"NOT AN ARGUMENT" is a magic phrase to ignore any post that makes me look stupid
>My opinion is fact because I say so
>Your opinion is false because I typed more words than you
>If I ignore your points that make me look stupid that makes me smart
>if I respond to everyone who calls me a retard that makes me the smartest

UGC platinum in tf2 before I quit and top 1000 in OW right now. tf2 is dead and nothing can save it. stop getting mad because some people have moved on stead of beating a dead and rotting horse corpse.
Thread posts: 265
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.