[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ thinks of his games now they're over? >INB4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: images (36).jpg (30KB, 547x269px) Image search: [Google]
images (36).jpg
30KB, 547x269px
What does /v/ thinks of his games now they're over?
>INB4 THEY'RE BAD JUST FOR BEING EXCLUSIVES YOU SHILL
>>
>buy ps4 uncharted bundle cuz cheapest
>play for 10 minutes
>cinematic bullshit with minimal gameplay
>shut it off
garbage
>>
>>383226839
I'll tell you after this walking segment I'm in ends so long as I don't have a quick time event after this.
>>
I think people just like to vindicate their curmudgeonliness. By 'proving' video games are dying they are vindicating their sour dispositions as being factual accounts, rather than something else.
>>
Uncharted 2 is good, but none of the others have the same kind of love and refinement put into them as that one did.
>>
3 is the best splitscreen game I've ever played
>>
>>383226981
The game being cinematic is just a meme, it has very few cutscenes by today standards
>>
>>383227251
Not even 4?
>>
I havent had the chance to play uncharted 4, but after playing the remastered trilogy, I have to say, 1 is pretty okay, 2 was actually really fun, 3 was stupid and uninspired compared to the first two
>>
>>383226839
No other game has this level of presentation. None. People like to bemoan "cinematic experience" but the truth is, no other company can even come close to ND's level, no matter how much they try.
>>
Chloe best girl
>>
File: 1499314156009.jpg (20KB, 467x325px) Image search: [Google]
1499314156009.jpg
20KB, 467x325px
>>383226839
They're trash
I bought the trilogy one like what two years ago?
It sucked.
Everything is so slow
The story is boring and slow, then again, I don't like Indiana Jones.
The controls are dumb
And the gameplay is boring and slow.
Why, why does your gun move so fucking slow?
Any other game your aim moves just as fast as you do, but this series what would take milliseconds in games like Far Cry, GTA, or any FPS takes you 3 seconds to moves from on side of the screen to another side.
Then you can't mash fire. No. It fires slow.
The climbing and "parkouring" was slow.

I made it to the speed boat part in the first one and then I quit.
And no, its not because the speed boat part is allegedly hard, it was right after the big gun fight, and I just said to myself, this sucks, I've been playing this for like 3 hours, there 11 chapters left and this can't possibly suddenly get good, fuck this.
I knew it didn't get better because my sister plays the game. She was on the 3rd one and I was backseat gaming her yelling she's so slow. But it wasn't her, it actually was the fucking game.

Also, it was so fucking lame and cheesy.
>>
File: 1499221395752.png (315KB, 1751x959px) Image search: [Google]
1499221395752.png
315KB, 1751x959px
>>383226839
I really like the uncharte series.

Uncharted 2 single player and multiplayer are fucking great.

Got the platnum in the original trilogy and got golden abyss to play on the vita, i might plat that one too.

I didn't touch uncharted 4 yet simply because i couldn't find a cheap copy of it and it never goes on sale on ps4 for a decent price.

i even might get the original trilogy again on the ps4 if they are really cheap too together with the bioshock one.
>>
I played them all for the first time last year. 1 was good but shows it's age, 2 was the peak, 3 was full of missed potential, and 4 played it too safe but had a satisfying conclusion.

All of them were better than TLoU though.
>>
1 was fine, 2 was the best, 3 was a trainwreck, 4 was better than I thought it was going to be but still could have been better. Sam didn't end up being as bad as I thought he would, though I still wouldn't have minded if he wasn't there at all and just had more relationship building with the characters we already had.
The more subdued plot after all they've gone through as a conclusion worked fine, as did Rafe's character motivation in general, it just didn't have the most satisfying buildup or conclusion to it. Nadine could have been omitted entirely and dragged down the game every time she was on screen. Everyone else was on point with characterization. I feel like we spent too much of the game on the Island and that lead to a lack in aesthetic variety, but it was still paced well and was interesting enough to keep moving, though very little of the island was memorable or unique enough to warrant it. More time in any of the other locations would have been better, or a short stint somewhere else. The ending was really quite satisfying for the characters and I got no qualms with it.

Worst thing about 4 is the credits didn't roll with Drake's Theme, and 4's version wasn't good.
>>
>>383227358
cinematic doesnt just mean cutscenes.
>>
>>383226981

The opening is cutscene central but it really gives you air once you're into it. There'll be long stretches of pure gameplay with a decent amount of freedom.
>>
>>383227447

Not him but 4 comes pretty close but is inherently gimped by not having the same writer or director as the others. It's easily the second-best though and a fitting end to the series.
>>
>>383228007
Nathan Drake Collection is great. They removed all motion controls and tightened up the aiming. The increase in framerate and resolution makes them a joy to play.
>>
1 and 2 were games that made me glad i had a playstation. 3 was .. okay. 4 suffered deeply from different writers but it looked pretty and that's all people really wanted. it could have ended a lot worse though so there's that.
>>
File: 1494736568324.png (23KB, 614x554px) Image search: [Google]
1494736568324.png
23KB, 614x554px
>>383227978
>I don't like Indiana Jones.
>>
>>383229014
>>383228853
>>383228362
i find 3 to be really underdeveloped. The beginning was great and all but it falls flat during the end.
>>
theyre disposable entertainment with not much substance anywhere.

1 has decent characters and settings, but fails on almost all gameplay levels from being a mediocre and horribly repetitive cover shooter, to crappy handholding platforming and puzzles that are really nonpuzzles combined with an atrocious end boss and a severe lack of variety.

2 improves on most of these with the biggest being the presentation jump, but its still lackluster in mos tof the individual aspects, but its pacing and gameplay diversity is better. still at this point it takes a 5/10 series and bumps it up to a 7/10 series.

3 then goes and fucks almost all of that up with the only real semblance of improvement coming from the puzzles, but even then theyre not night and day. worse story and pacing, worse combat, still same shit platforming. tho to be a little fair atleast the combat arenas were improved and its actual setpeices were the best in the series.

4 then shows us how NOT to do pacing in a game with an obscene amount of platforming thats largely still shit. an atrociously slow 4hour start. a story thats more serious than it should be with throwaway "choices". exploration filler with nothing to explore. still shit puzzles that tell you what to do. practically no setpeices that the series became known for. the combat is the only thing that got any real bump, but even then they only let you really shoot stuff for maybe 25% of it and when they do its encounter design is all the fucking same.

the entire series is just so fucking shallow and hallow which when you stand back and analyze each of its elements the only things that really carry them are their presentation.
>>
>tfw because uncharted 4 is still the best looking game in existence PC fags can't help but shitpost about it.
>>
>>383230037

I don't think its that, but rather /v/ has built up this stigma against any western game with even the slightest emphasis on story and Uncharted is an easy target. It's nowhere near Heavy Rain tiers of story intrusion but it's not exactly what I'd call many peoples' cup of tea. Hell it's not even my cup of tea but I still enjoy playing the games. They're just a great time and something different to play from all the bing bing wahoo/online multiplayer shit I usually play.
>>
>>383228445
>game has realistic graphics, not cartoony
>hur dur cinematic
>>
2 was a solid 8/10, the rest were 7s. Some of the worst combat I've put myself through.
>enemy running past me
>can't turn fast enough to shoot at him because of analog sticks
Decent games but nothing special. TLOU was an 8/10 too, I don't know why everyone loves to suck ND's dick so hard.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.