[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we stop getting generic shooty bad guy shooters and get some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Can we stop getting generic shooty bad guy shooters and get some with some actual enemy variety please? Something new, for fucks sake. And no zombies, fuck zombies. List some tpses or fpses without the focus of humanoid enemies with guns
So far I've got
AVP 1&2
L4D even though it's zombies, still fun for awhile
Trespasser
That new Space Hulk fps and the old ones I guess
Unreal I guess to a degree though a lot of enemies are shooty, they're atleast distinct
Stalker mutant heavy areas, always loved fighting certain mutants even though the fun ones like bloodsuckers and chimeras are pretty limited unless you're playing something like CoC
Nudoom seemed to rely less on generic gun types which I enjoyed but I think I would have enjoyed it a bit more if the game wasn't 99% arenas that lock you down but for the thread count it out I guess

Honestly I just want more games with dangerous melee enemies, raptor species with realistic speeds or another good aliens/avp game really. I'd also like to see more of a normal singleplayer campaign formula than horde coop shooters like L4D. It's a lot more high tension than some random soldiers to me.
>>
Horizon
>>
>>383226694
You'd probably like Lost Planet. Really fun TPS with some amazing enemies. 2 probably has the best co-op campaign ever too.
>>
>>383227218
Warning though, it does have human enemies with guns and they're indisputably the worst part of the game
The rest of it is solid though, especially if you like aliens and mechs
>>
>>383227354
At least LP's humans have periodic mechs to fight, as well as robots and the occasional Akrid just thrashing about. In fact that's why I regard the human fights in LP as some of the best in gaming. You aren't just fighting "Generic faggot #1800" in every fight, you're fighting 10 Generic Faggots and an 11-foot mantis, and all of them are also fighting both of you.
>>
>>383226817
That sort of fits I think but it kind of looked more boss orientated in the same vein of monster hunter to me, but I haven't played it yet
>>383227218
>>383227354
That totally skipped my mind, I just made that list from looking at my shelf, I actually love Lost Planet 2 though I haven't played that much of 1
Serious Sam sort of loosely fits the criteria too

I don't mind human and humanoid enemies and I'd play pretty much any shooter that's generally positively recieved, I'm just getting really tired of such limited enemy variety and figure I'd start a thread a little bit different than normal
>>
>>383227521
Not boss oriented. There are some scripted fights but it's 95% open world, you'll stumble across every kind of dino at some point just wandering.
>>
>>383226694

How about some Serious Sam?
>>
File: lp2.jpg (254KB, 800x442px) Image search: [Google]
lp2.jpg
254KB, 800x442px
>>383227513
LP2 had some awesome moments. The jungle act and train act in particular had some great setpieces
>>
>>383227923
The ONLY flaw (if it can be considered one) is how obviously the game is a multiplayer co-op game at its core. If you have a squad of four bros playing the game, it's a fucking riot.
>>
>>383227746
I mentioned it here
>>383227521
Other games I guess that are mentionable are different parts of Turok 1, 2 and Evolution and the newest one
Haven't played Shadow of Oblivion

I didn't really mean to make it sound like a recommendation thread, so if you have game ideas, concepts you've drawn or found design concepts of renders/art you like share them
I wanna hear your ideas' guy stuff too

I think there are a lot unique games to be made just yet for shooters if people stopped making sequels, remakes, and took some chances for once
Hell I barely say it's even taking a chance with AAA bullshots and trailers, it seems they only need to make it pretty to sell, it feels like they're sold more on graphics and presentation than gameplay or anything else
>>
>>383227997
Multi-man and merging mechs were awesome, I'm so disappointed Capcom dropped co op for 3
>>
>>383226694
Prey came out earlier this year, honestly it's the most fun I've had with a game for a long time.
>>
>>383226694

I think HL1 should be the minimum standard for enemies. You had a good range from headcrabs, zombies, marines, assassins, bullsquids, tentacles, snarks, houndeyes, alien grunts, vorts, gargantuans, etc. The last game I remember with a good variety is Crysis with the mix of human and human super soldiers and aliens.
>>
>>383226694
dat juan squigger gaem
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.