[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUDE IT'S HARD LMAO DUDE IT'S NICE TO PLAY A PLATF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: images.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
DUDE IT'S HARD LMAO
DUDE IT'S NICE TO PLAY A PLATFORMER WITH BROKEN JUMP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkaNVWGu_dw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jYabZVJeH4
>>
>>383217293

I dont know why people complain so much about Crash 1 while praising Crash 2 when it's the second game that has the terrible ice physics / levels, the braindead bosses, the terrible riding bear levels (much worse than riding hogs), the terrible jetpack levels and the terrible sewer with flamethrowing guys levels.

Crash 1 only has unforgiving platforming in two or three levels, the rest is just straightforward platforming.
>>
>>383217293
Is this game almost sold out on amazon? It ships 7 days after purchase, Why?
>>
>>383220490
A lot of times they say that but it ships as normal

In this specific case I don't know, it's possible they're out of stock and that's when they expect to get more
>>
You could do that high road glitch in the original game
>>
Seen tons of weird glitches in this collection, like hanging on thin air in 2's sewer levels or jumping past the bear and running through the animal levels. Hitboxes are janky as fuck too, and will kill you all the time. It's a good collection, but god damn Acti/VV patch it soon. If you don't, a number of people will skip your next nostalgia outing.
>>
File: 1490673796381.jpg (8KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
1490673796381.jpg
8KB, 290x290px
>>383219164

>went into Crash 1 in the N.Sane trilogy fearing the worst as I remember how hard I found it as a kid
>actually end up really enjoying it and get really good at it enough to get the Platnium
>move onto Crash 2 with excitement and nostalgia
>find it incredibly annoying to play and end up dying to cheap shit like boxes obscuring my view of my jump, shitty hit detection and those fucking bees
>mfw I'm actually starting to hate Crash 2 because of this remake

Strange how that ended up working out. Crash 2 has way more bullshit in it than 1 does, I've gotten tons of game overs in Crash 2 while I never got a single one in Crash 1.
>>
File: Sad-loli.jpg (70KB, 680x578px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-loli.jpg
70KB, 680x578px
>>383221006
>A lot of times they say that but it ships as normal
It fucking doesn't, I pre-order it with fucking prime and it still haven't been shipped yet. I fucking hate Amazon.
>>
>>383221898

Crash 2 has too much bullshit.
>>
File: kaathe laugh.jpg (152KB, 569x472px) Image search: [Google]
kaathe laugh.jpg
152KB, 569x472px
The Dark Souls of platformers
>>
>>383222423

That seems like a very silly thing to say.
>>
>>383221898
Even with the gimmick levels, Warped edges out 2 for me. There's no ice floor or electric water garbage, no horseshit ruin levels with terrible depth perception, no fucking bees or chase levels full of electric gates, and gem hunting is actually fun instead of rage-inducing. It's 1 > 3 > 2 for me.
>>383222140
Then stop buying from them. Amazon is a cancer to every industry. It's malignant until people stop mindlessly supporting them like there's no other options.
>lol it's just so convenient ;)
>>
File: f9e.png (288KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
f9e.png
288KB, 500x458px
>>383222471
Yes, yes it is.
>>
>>383217293
Honestly don't have any problem with how Road to Nowhere is designed, completely fair level that can be completed with some practice and patience, no need for the rope glitch

You can't fucking arguing that the high road is fucked. Everything is fine up to the point you have to jump on the turtles. You're momentum has to SPOT ON perfect or you won't make the jumps. Usually the perspective is so fucked that when you try to build up speed to bounce on them you usually end up flying the fuck off the bridge cause you overshot your jump.

If you're in mid bounce on a turtle and stop, you're pretty much fucked because without forward momentum there's no way you can jump to the next parts of the bridge

Honestly the most unfair part of the game, everything else is beatable if you just git gud, but you can't fight poor programming
>>
>>383222618

Yeah, I'm actually really looking forward to starting Warped now for the reasons you listed.
>>
>>383222817
Just have to git gud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19h8JMMuM3g

2 is worse
>>
>>383219164
>the braindead bosses
>the terrible riding bear levels
>jetpack levels
I agree that the boss fights in 2, with the exception of N Gin, were laughably bad. The riding levels were fine.
> the terrible sewer with flamethrowing guys levels

I see. You just needed to git gud. They weren't even remotely difficult once you memorized patterns and timing, anon. If anything, 3 is the real culprit by further ramping up the minigames over traditional platform levels (like those stupid fucking scuba levels) and then doing something that exists only to pad playtime, and that is time trials. In CTR, it made sense. That's a racing game. relics in Crash 3 was a retarded idea that existed just to keep you playing longer than you normally would after getting the crystals and gems.
>>
File: 2lMxVAb.png (262KB, 686x377px) Image search: [Google]
2lMxVAb.png
262KB, 686x377px
>>383222618
>Then stop buying from them.
>>lol it's just so convenient ;)
I buy from Amazon not for convenience, but for the 20% discount in new games. Also even when my shit arrives late 50% of time, they keep throwing coupons at me, like I pre-ordered Seran Kagura Estival Versus (with fucking 1 day prime shipping) and it arrived 1 fucking month late, but they gave me a $15 coupon. I hate them but I can't just get away from them.
>>
>>383222983
The time trials are super fun in 3's traditional levels, especially the harder stages where you're just booking it through all sorts of crazy shit without a scratch.
>>383223213
Try having self respect instead of taking the cookie every time.
>>
>>383222983

How do I need to git gud? I got platinum in both Crash 1 and 2, I just think 2 is worse. Easier, but worse.
>>
>>383222618
It's not even just about convenience, the only other place that gives a 20% discount on video game release is Best Buy, and while it is a better choice if you have one nearby, if you don't then you're chancing with Best Buy to not be able to play the game on launch day which I've been able to with every game from Amazon so far.

Amazon has its problems but for video games it isn't really one.
>>
>>383217293
I thought I was just bad at the hog jumping. Good to know.
>>
File: 1311834766688.jpg (32KB, 300x379px) Image search: [Google]
1311834766688.jpg
32KB, 300x379px
VV did overlook same things

The precise jumping off of the boxes in fortress/turtles on high road was designed for low latency CRT's, so with added input lag it can feel pretty random at times, they needed to add a buffer to compensate
The pill hitbox & faster jumping just makes this even worse

Another funny thing is they used speed run numbers for Plat/Gold Relic's where people exploited shit like the rope on high road or hitting the obj-motherfuckers into the TNT's in the Lab, not only is this a stupid idea but designing a trophy around speed runners exploiting shit is just bad game design
>>
>>383224897
Nonintuitive exploits are usually only required for plat relics. The trophy just needs gold, which is mostly reasonable.
>>
>>383219164
>terrible ice physics / levels, the braindead bosses, the terrible riding bear levels (much worse than riding hogs), the terrible jetpack levels and the terrible sewer with flamethrowing guys levels
Those are some terrible opinions (except the jetpack levels which truly do suck dick)
>>
>>383222907
>haha just git gud bro
>used the rope glitch
>>
>>383219164
Because Crash 1 had a lot of features in it that were unrefined and confusing.
>Bonus levels just abruptly start when you collect a 3rd token
>You save your game at the end of the bonus stage areas for some reason?
>The girl you are trying to save is just randomly hanging out there, so what the heck are you adventuring for?
It also doesn't do as great a job keeping track of what you've collected where. And the world map it uses feels more like Donkey Kong Country.

Most of these problems are addressed in the remake, That's why Crash 1 feels like a better game now.
>>
>>383225532
Jetpack and fireflies level mechanics right at the end makes me think they knew people probably wouldn't be receptive towards them , so they stuck them at the end of the game as to not turn people off from replaying the game for its earlier levels. Though I think the fireflies were a fucking great design choice.
>>
>>383224893
you are

it isn't a glitch

you just have to jump early and not be a shitter
>>
>>383217293
i feel like crash drops faster than the PS1 versions

gonna hate replaying C2, still have nightmares about that box we missed as kids. spent like 2 years and couldn't find it, fuck that ice level box!
>>
>>383225828
Nah Crash 1 plays much worse than the original, it's quite amazing they fucked up the controls of a 21 year old game
>>
>>383225884
This. Clearly the spitroast is making shockwaves and you're a casual if you can't see it
>>
>>383225857
The hitbox is a bit fucked, it wasn't like that in the first one
>>
I've heard that Crash feels heavier and that they gave him a wonky momentum when jumping, can anyone confirm?

Also is the trilogy even worth buying? Or should I just stick with the PS1 games?
>>
>>383226147
PS1 games play better honestly
They kinda look better also
>>
>>383217293
I don't think you could have made that Hog jump like that in the original either.
>>
>>383226275
Did they adjust the hitboxes of his feet too? I've been watching some Let's Plays of the game and even youtubers who have played Crash in the past seem to be having trouble with it
>>
>>383226275
>PS1 games play better honestly

Not with original Crash 1's god awful system. All the QOL improvements make Crash 1 actually not a pain. Only The High Road is a pain in the remake, but if people can clearly get the Platinum Relic for it, then it's not too bad.
>>
>>383225828
I don't see how the last 2 are problems, just odd choices that don't really affect that game
>>
>>383226275
Nsane is a bit of a strange case because it's a very fun and pretty game on its own, but as a remaster it doesn't get enough of the details in the gameplay and art right to qualify as a replacement for the originals. They're awkwardly standing side by side right now.
>>
>Turtle Woods (Crash 2) Time Trial
>Slide+Spin jump constantly until my thumb is sore
>Smash every single time box
>Finally manage to jump over every mole hole for my flawless run
>Well over 30+ attempts
>Got a gold relic

How the fuck is platinum even possible? Thank god I'm only going for golds.
>>
>>383226610
The QOL improvement is auto saving that's it

Being able to do the bonus rounds over & over again is super casual, also making you do them for the gems isn't really fun nor a challenge, just an extra grind
>>
>>383227927
>The QOL improvement is auto saving that's it

Analog controls are much appreciated. They make certain stages a lot more smooth to go through.
>>
>>383227240
jumping over the mole holes was a bug, the devs are so stupid for using exploitative speed runs for the relic times
>>
>>383228336
Normans just look it up on youtube or have someone in their twitch chat tell them about glitched high jump. The move is easier to do on PS4 anyway.
>>
>>383228579
Didn't they fix the infinite slide/spin speed boost? I would have assumed they'd fix those exploits as well.
>>
>>383228705
Slide spin is in the game, but I don't think you can do it infinitely.
>>
>>383222685
>the Dark Souls of Playstation
Wouldnt that be Bloodborne?
>>
File: 1499217239697.jpg (302KB, 2641x1924px) Image search: [Google]
1499217239697.jpg
302KB, 2641x1924px
>>
>>383228950
or DeS
>>
File: 1490422129736.png (607KB, 747x729px) Image search: [Google]
1490422129736.png
607KB, 747x729px
>>383227927
>autosaving
>QOL

It makes the game a lot easier.
Completely casualized. The hard levels they scrapped and want to add back as DLC won't have the same impact
>>
File: 1020272990.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1020272990.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
>>383230520
The worst part is, you have the world map. So at most, you're expected to memorize and complete maybe four minutes of a single level and this is somehow too much for modern audiences. I think the "Crash is the new DaS" is retarded, but it shows how far removed the modern audience is from what it means to play a game. I was looking through a lot of the comments on articles about the Crash Trilogy being so hard, and the bulk of them were about how basing levels around difficulty and lives was an out dated premise. It pissed me off so much.
>>
Losers complain
Champions accomplish
>>
Honestly I'm surprised that people are nostalgic for a Crash reboot because to me it was always just a shit attempt to compete with Mario. Also I don't really have a dog in the fight- my first console was a hand me down SNES from my cousin when PS1 came out, then I got the PS1 when PS2 was released. my neighbor had N64 and I think it's pretty obvious now that Nintendo made the only timeless games.
>>
>>383231976
Winnersh go home and get Coco a new battery for her laptop.
>>
>>383217293
Explain. I watched both videos, and I didn't see any glitches or broken jumps. What are you talking about?
>>
>>383227240
Wait for the speed shoes when you beat the game.
>>
OP you are small time, if you want to see a real glitch, do the following.

1. Load up Crash 1 and go to the level called Castle Machinery.
2. Play through the level like normal till you get to the line of boxes where you have to bounce across them to get across a large gap.
3. Notice that the first three boxes are low, but the three boxes in the middle of the line are higher than usual.
4. Jump over the first three boxes, hitting the first of the three higher boxes. Bounce from the first one, to the third high box, then back to the second, and then attempt to go back to the land you came from, but hold up a little, as if you were trying to bounce away from the screen.
5. This 2D perspective of boxes suddenly reminds you that even though its 2D, movement is not locked as so, and you will fall behind the boxes, as the background will fly away, and you will fall infinitely with no death animation as the music plays like normal.

This shit happened, to me, and its pretty far into the level, so I was pissed at having to pause and quit the level to stop it. Hell, if they didn't let you pause and quit if you were in mid fall, I would have had to use the PS button to turn the game off entirely.
>>
Ripper Roo is horseshit. Native Fortress is horseshit. Lost City is horseshit. I swear this shit wasn't this hard when I was a munchkin.
>>
>>383233736
The save system is horseshit. Everything else is literally fine.
>>
>>383233736
Crash's jumps are a bit off compared to the original, combined with the fact that his and Coco's hitboxes are probably the Unity standard of pillboxes; rather than having a rather flat approach to environments and movement, it makes it incredibly easy for them to slip on edges or not quite firmly land on things since the 'rounded' bottom of the hitbox will slip 'em if you don't make the jump firmly.
>>
>>383223213
>$15 coupon for item being a month late
have some self-respect and get it elsewhere, you faggot
>>
THIS LEVEL IS SO N.SANELY HARD SO FUCKIN STOOPID!
https://youtu.be/tBcxCkTERyU
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.