[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm uncertain as to whether or not I should be excited for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault (13).jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (13).jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
I'm uncertain as to whether or not I should be excited for this game.

On one hand it's a sequel to Psychonauts, which is great considering the cliffhanger ending of the first game. On the other hand it's a sequel to Psychonauts made by nuTimSchaffer.

What's your call?
>>
It'll probably be bad. As a fan of the first game my expectations are set very low.
>>
>>383215695
Cautiously optimistic. Psychonauts is my favourite game, but Tim Schafer's incompetency with money could be prevalent in the new game's production.
>>
>>383215771
What did you think of the footage they've shown though? Did that help instill confidence in you? It looked good to me. At the very least, we'll get a good platformer maybe
>>
Did this shit already come out? Could have sworn this was funded like 3 years ago.
>>
File: 078962098.png (436KB, 1000x825px) Image search: [Google]
078962098.png
436KB, 1000x825px
I'm interested, but with tempered expectations.

Crowd funding always seems like a mixed bag, but I like the looks of what we've seen so far. So I'm holding out hope that they at least catch a bit of that spark of creativity and charm that the first game had, even if it doesn't have the same novelty as a sequel.
>>
>>383215942
I didn't even know there was gameplay out there. I haven't been following it at all, all i knew about was the initial teaser.
>>
>>383215695
>On the other hand it's a sequel to Psychonauts made by nuTimSchaffer.
If that isn't enough to tell you not to get your hopes up then I don't know what is.
>>
File: Mr__Pokeylope_by_ChalkyW.jpg (32KB, 373x303px) Image search: [Google]
Mr__Pokeylope_by_ChalkyW.jpg
32KB, 373x303px
>>383215695
I think people give Schafer too much shit, but I'm wary of anything working off of a kickstarted budget.

So, cautious optimism.
>>
How many modern sequels to old games have you played in recent years that weren't disappointments?
>>
>>383215985
more like one year ago
>>
>>383216458
I liked Automata. And Gravity Rush 2.

So, two?
>>
>>383216845
The first nier and gravity rush are not old by any measure.
>>
File: Raz concept art.jpg (55KB, 570x433px) Image search: [Google]
Raz concept art.jpg
55KB, 570x433px
>>383216126
A few art tests mainly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ftl4QqTOnM
>>
>>383216973
Seven years is a decent amount of time.

Psychonauts is what, a bit over ten years old?
>>
>>383217334
>Seven years is a decent amount of time.
Vita is not an old system. Nier is from the previous gen which is not considered old. Shit N64 wasn't considered retro/old until recently.
>>
>>383217518
>Shit N64 wasn't considered retro/old until recently.
excuse me?
>>
File: Lili and Harold.png (1MB, 750x939px) Image search: [Google]
Lili and Harold.png
1MB, 750x939px
>>383215695
I thought Rhombus of Ruin was charming, so that makes me a tad more hopeful.
>>
>>383215695
No. Broken Age has already proven Schafer is unreliable. What people wanted was a well-written LucasArts tier title with clever puzzles (think Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle) and the actual game wasn't any of that. Secondly, Schafer has become one of those developers that has become overtly political, so at best it becomes things "inoffensive" to SJWs, at worst it will try to horn in diversity and consistently bang you over the head with Schafer's political views.

Thirdly, Psychonauts was highly overrated to begin with. It had some clever ideas and sold worse than deserved but it largely embodied the worst of the 3D platformer, namely some frustrating platforming elements and the whole collectathon element.
>>
>>383217334
You were 5yo when it came out.
>>
>>383215695
watch a longplay on Rhombus of Ruin
>>
>>383218387
You don't know the meaning of overrated. But I'm worried that Psychonauts' universe gives Schafer the ability to pander to SJWs.
>>
>>383218897
Not overrated at start, but at a certain point, underrated games get too big a fanbase and the game starts to become far overrated for what it even originally was. See: EarthBound.
>>
Erik Wolpaw's writing, so it's gonna be great in that aspect. Mechanically the first game was pretty shit, and from what little I've seen of their stuff in that category it already seems better there
>>
I can't wait til people throw a shitload of money at this game only to be reminded that Mr. Shitface can't do anything right at all anymore and he and his worthless company will fuck up the legacy of the first game completely.

They are going to fuck up this game so bad, it will actually be sad.
>>
10 bucks says the camera will still be a huge niggerfag just like in the first game.
>>
>>383219390
The writing is what matters most to me. Updating the movement mechanics shouldn't be that hard, but if they stay too faithful to the feel of the original it's going to be boring to me. Collectables aren't that much fun, but less painful when getting around isn't irritating.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.