/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone tried the HDMI mod for GameCube? Or is it better to use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0057.jpg (105KB, 400x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0057.jpg
105KB, 400x344px
Anyone tried the HDMI mod for GameCube? Or is it better to use a Wii U + Nintendont
>>
Wii u vwii doesn't look good you could try the hdmi meme but it's better to get dolphin
>>
>>383208295
Does Dolphin play at full speed with the right PC?
Do you need an expensive PC to get that full speed?
How is input lag with Dolphin?
What's wrong with Wii U vWii?
>>
>>383206784
don't get GCvideo at badassconsoles. Dude took order back last september and nobody has gotten one so far. Doesn't look anyone will anytime soon either. Just get a wii with component
>>
just emulate u dumb shit

cube games max out @ 480p
>>
>>383208519
Dolphin is I'm pretty sure legitimately the best emulator that exist.
>Does Dolphin play at full speed with the right PC?
Yes
>Do you need an expensive PC to get that full speed?
To run the baseline stuff with no enhancements it doesn't need to be too special. It doesn't cost you anything to download and check yourself
>How is input lag with Dolphin?
I use a WiiU GC adapter w/ controller and it seems tolerable though as I understand it emulators have some sort of inherent input lag? Not really sure.
>What's wrong with Wii U vWii?
Allegedly something about it being displayed over hdmi instead of the intended cables makes the display blurry? No idea how noticeable it really is though.
>>
>>383211064
Tolerable was bad word choice. I have never noticed input lag myself.
>>
>>383210758
>480p
oh no! fucking pleb.
>>
>>383211167
Don't act dumb
>>
>>383211064
All systems that use double buffering in it's rendering have 16ms of lag if compared to direct drawing stuff.
But gamecube by itself is using double buffering for all it's rendering, so the input lag is pretty much the same.
Now audio on the other hand always have more lag on emulators than on the real system.
>>
>>383211064
does nintendont has the same issue as dolphin with "shaders" ?
>>
>>383211574
If you got the real GPU to do the work for you, then you don't.
The GCN/Wii "shaders" are a very short list of 16 primitive commands.
The bad is that well, they're primitive as fuck and you can't do much with em.
But the good is that there's no compilation involved, you just can go there and swap the commands around very fucking quickly, and some games just rape that list with impunity.
>>
>>383212019
hum so i would need a Wii to have the proper experience
>>
>>383212354
The WiiU if i'm not mistaken do have the real gcn/Wii GPU integrated on it's video chip, so it can do the job as well.
>>
>>383212354
WiiU runs it natively so any input lag issues shouldn't happen. Just that the picture looks weird over HDMI which I can't confirm
>>
>>383212895
The dolphin shader problem is not input lag either.
The thing is that the emulator must convert the bizarre alien gamecube pseudo shaders into actual shaders that modern GPUs can use, and while this do work most of the time, certain games like metroid prime use so many shaders, dolphin end having some terrible hiccups, trying to deal with the flood.
>>
>>383212754
>>383212895
interesting
the wii U might be worth buying after all
>>
>>383213224
WiiU's definitely worth buying anon. What do you like? I'll recommend you games faggot.
>>
wait, you can play gc games in the wii u? how? is it safe? i suppose you have to hack the wii u
>>
>>383213729
i just want to play the rogue squadron games and metroid prime etc
splattoon looks pretty fun though
but there is really no Wii u games i'm interested in
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.