[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hope he wins desu, fuck Bethesda. Lead singer of Dion and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12

File: 114514514141.jpg (92KB, 691x738px) Image search: [Google]
114514514141.jpg
92KB, 691x738px
I hope he wins desu, fuck Bethesda. Lead singer of Dion and the Belmonts suing cause of use of The Wanderer.
>>
>>383201218
Nice link. Was he paid for the rights to use his song? If so, then he can fuck off. The law is the law, regardless of how bad a game Fallout 4 was.
>>
>>383201709
Not linking because I don't want to give money to Yahoo jews, too lazy to archive, just screencapped.
>>
>>383201709
He was paid but he evidently had a contract stipulation that he would be able to look over the content of the ads and request tweaks if he didn't agree with them (which apparently he doesn't because they are violent and not in a heroic violent kind of way) and is now claiming that he was not given the opportunity to do that by Zenimax so now he wants to sue over it
>>
>>383201218
>https://www.cnet.com/news/iconic-singer-dion-dimucci-sues-bethesda-fallout-4-calls-ads-repulsive/
>The lawsuit says that DiMucci had an agreement with Universal Music. It says this agreement contained a specific clause that "affords recording artists the right to separately bargain with the advertiser and prohibit the use of a recording in commercials unless his or her terms are first met."

Seems like he should be suing universal music instead. If they didn't inform Bethesda of the contract stipulations then it is on them.
>>
>>383201218
I thought he died of aids?

Ironic
>>
>>383202060
>Seems like he should be suing universal music instead.

This. I don't understand how he can sue Bethesda as they did not violate any contracts or copyrights, as the copyright holder (Universal) allowed them to use it.
>>
fallout 4 sucked ass, but boy what an entitled cunt

also the ad came out in 2015, why is he suing now?
>>
>>383203280
Time for another "/v/ explains irony" post.
How is it ironic?
>>
>>383203280
He was replaced by synths.
>>
>>383202012
He sounds like an old retard. If he got paid then he should shut his fucking mouth.
>>
>>383204594
What is wrong with you?
>>
>>383201218
This was the best trailer, though.
>>
>>383204069
Most likely it's only now taking substantial form, perhaps took time consulting with lawyers and putting together his case. It's like with Hogan v. Gawker, it took him some years before finally being exacted upon and put into court.
>>
>>383204330
>implying Fallout 4 isn't AIDS
>>
>>383204670
Don't ever ask that question here, it's superfluous.

Also, I'm a leaf.

Also, I think it's retarded you guys make an issue of this when you don't about underpaid voice actors and crews.
>>
File: IMG_0662.jpg (96KB, 971x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0662.jpg
96KB, 971x1024px
>>383204594
I wonder who can be behind this post
>>
>>383204692
This. The trailer was the only good part of Fallout 4.
>>
>>383204817
>underpaid voice actors

dead meme
>>
>>383204817
>Has a clause in his contract
>Zenimax ignores it
If he doesn't win I'll be amazed.
>>
>>383204594
If you enter into a transaction with someone, the non-payment is not the only way to breach the agreement.
>>
File: CJ bait.png (388KB, 854x470px) Image search: [Google]
CJ bait.png
388KB, 854x470px
>>383204817
>>
File: todd (2).jpg (397KB, 1956x2068px) Image search: [Google]
todd (2).jpg
397KB, 1956x2068px
>>383201218
Singer is just trying to cash out. If he didn't want his song on Fallout he shouldn't have sold them the rights. It's not like Fallout was an unknown entity and they surprised him.
>>
>>383205528
as much as i despise bethesda this anon is right
>>
>>383201218
Old has-been that found out a game he gave a few songs to was pretty successful so he wants more money.

What a fag
>>
What a dumb cunt, the lawsuit says he entered into a contract with ZeniMax and that Bethesda could also negotiate with him separately. Nowhere does it say Bethesda was REQUIRED to negotiate shit with him and pay him again for what their parent company had already paid him for.

This guy just wanted to paychecks. If he played his cards right, he could have had more of his songs in future Fallout games, now he done goofed.
>>
File: 1491754791531.png (47KB, 350x339px) Image search: [Google]
1491754791531.png
47KB, 350x339px
>>383206312
But anon, they really surprised him by having violence in a trailer for a videogame with the name "Fallout".

How could he have possibly known?
>>
>>383206514
That's the most laughable part. He entered a contract with ZeniMax to use his music in a trailer for a postapocalyptic violent game and then pretends to be offended by precisely that.
>>
How many more times will Todd rerelease Skyrim to cover these unexpected costs?
>>
File: 1490031007721.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1490031007721.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>383204817
>Leaves thinking their opinions matter
>>
>>383206826
Leafs are always right.
>>
>>383204069
He found it it took in a billion dollars.
>>
>>383204594
Pete?
>>
>>383206712
Todd could easily have a small team task with remaking Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind and even Oblivion to their newest engine and release that for quick shekels. Nostalgia shits will eat that up.
>>
>>383203612
thats like saying you're not breaking the law by buying stolen goods because the thief didn't tell you they're stolen.
>>
>>383208704
That's a fucking shit analogy dude, you actually aren't breaking the law if you buy stolen goods without knowing they're stolen, and furthermore it has nothing to do with the situation at hand
>>
>>383204594
fuck off todd
>>
>>383207045
>Leafs are always right.
Right into the garbage
>>
Some details are still smoky, but if they clear up and DiMucci is telling the whole truth of it, then I hope he takes them to the cleaners.
>>383209038
It can vary on jurisdiction in some fine details. One thing that doesn't - the person who bought the stolen goods has no property rights in them.
>>
>>383207790

>their newest engine

You mean Gamebryo? The game they've had on life support since 2008 and have to keep hitting with shots of adrenaline directly to the heart and using the electric paddles every time they release another one of their games?
>>
>>383201218
Fuck off retard. Bethesda isn't getting sued, Zenimax is.

This fucking old fart just wants a quick cash grab. as if he gives a fuck about "morally objectionable" acts in a fucking video game commercial.
>>
>>383209885
But we changed the name of the engine so that means it's a new engine.
>>
Wait, I was under the impression they had to get permission to use the songs from the artists or thier estates?
>>
>>383210582
They did you dumbass
>>
>>383201218
I kind of agree here, although the song is awesome and fit the trailer well, the game in itself is repulsive compared to NV
>>
>>383201218
>someone wants to give some nobody money to use their song
>sure thing sounds great need that drug money somehow

>finds out thing made millions of dollars
>hey wait a minute you only made so much because of my song I demand more money after already agreeing to our contract!

Why are musicians always such fucking cancer like this?
>>
File: 1489090388850.jpg (63KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
1489090388850.jpg
63KB, 250x323px
>>383201218
>dion wins
>one of the worst companies in the industry gets their comeuppance
>bethdesa wins
>some fucktard """artist""" nobody gets shown he has no power in the industry anymore

All we can do is sit back and watch, bros.
>>
>>383210475
Zenimax knows a lot about quick cash grabs.
>>
You do realize this is what the american legal system is all about? You sue for minor shit and present a case that even has a small chance of winning and then you settle outside of court for big bucks to drop the case.

t. Watched every episode of "The Good Wife"
>>
>>383204817
>underpaid voice actors
You mean the motherfuckers raking in six digits while doing a highly sought after, low effort career?
>>
File: 1416191178008.jpg (96KB, 550x477px) Image search: [Google]
1416191178008.jpg
96KB, 550x477px
>>383201709
>the law is the law
>>383204594
>fuck adhering to contracts
>>
It must really suck having all these new people listening to your music.
>>
>>383211162

The problem is that they all unionised and refuse to work with any non-union voice actors. If you want Yuri Lowenthal, you gotta get JYB too. Rather than paying for two big voice actors, most localizations have one voice many characters and the voice act' r in turn demands more money. Voice actors aren't underpaid, except in comparison to the top echelon of unionised voice actors.
>>
>>383204817
Leaf here: You being fucking retarded and a stupid cunt has nothing to do with you being a leaf.
Stop letting retarded /int/ memes be your excuse for your shortcomings, dipshit.
>>
Dion is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJx-wCW86G0

he was calling out roasties by the 1960s.
>>
>>383201218

>browse /v/ before FO4 launches
>"ded diddy or boom goes the Commonwealth"
>play FO4 with this in mind, a little disappointed but still have fun
>spoiled ending never happened
>simultaneously disappointed and relieved
>mfw head of Institue
>mfw no face
>>
We need to start killing old people. They're too crazy and dumb.
>>
>>383212452
Don't mind me, just the best Dion song coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wTVAVEjMvk
>>
>>383212717
That's not Runaround Sue
>>
At this point it's not even the same song, his latest versions of this song isn't the same he sings it out of tone and out of sync to the rest of the band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpTWkg4YsGc
>>
>wanderer
>expect the map to be huge
>most of the map is either boston itself or water
>not really a wanderer
>>
Bethesda has too much money.
People should take it.
It's not that complicated.
>>
>>383213590
t.commie
>>
>>383211471

Actually
>go to any oldies song on YT
>This song should be in Fallout XDD in the comments
>>
>>383213539
God damn the fucking water in Fallout 4 triggers me so hard. They could have had plenty of shit like Rivet City or just floating settlements. They could have had power armor that you needed to upgrade with oxygen tanks so that you could go explore the sea floor and fight mutated sea life. Normal guns would have been totally useless. This could have been a very nice component of Fallout 4 but instead we're left with a fucking huge empty chunk of map that you can't do ANYTHING with at all. What's the point? Why is it even there? Why not just shift further inland? What the fuck is wrong with these developers?
>>
>>383211471
If I were him I wouldn't want my music associated with that piece of shit called Fallout 4.
>>
ATOM

BOMB
A
B
Y
>>
>>383204594
So if your boss took a shit on your car you wouldn't mind since you were paid to be at work that day?
>>
Sues Zenimax
Ends up having to pay them.
>>
>>383214283
HOTTER

THAN
N
T
>>
>>383211071
>You sue for minor shit and present a case that even has a small chance of winning and then you settle outside of court for big bucks to drop the case.

Suing someone is not free. In a case with little merit the plaintiff is probably going to be out of pocket just as much, if not more so, than the defense because there can be penalties involved in bullshit suits, e.g. having to pay the defense's legal fees.
>>
>>383202060
>a reasonable legal defence is "lol I didn't read the contract"
>>
File: 1499224297999.jpg (39KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
1499224297999.jpg
39KB, 600x579px
>>383204594
I know, right? This is a ridiculous suit.
>>
>>383215832

Bethesda wouldn't be privy to the contract between Universal and the artist. Whether Universal told Bethesda the use was subject to the artist's approval we don't know. If they didn't then he should be suing Universal, if he did then it's Bethesda at fault. It worth noting that artists notoriously have a very hard time getting money out of their labels, they may have thought Bethesda was the easier target for the suit even though they aren't technically at fault and that's the only reason they went after them.
>>
>>383202060
Ok. So he has the right to bargain on his own still.
But does it say they MUST run ads by him for his approval? Or must he pursue that on his own and if they publish without consulting him all he can do is deny further use of the song?
>>
>>383216991
A contract agreed to by both parties stipulated that DiMucci had right of refusal on the commercials, giving him the authority to bar ZeniMax from using “The Wanderer” if he didn’t approve of their content. He was also entitled to bargaining with the company about a licensing fee. ZeniMax failed to participate in either part of these terms, according to DiMucci, resulting in his decision to file suit.

It's the content of the ads that DiMucci sounds most frustrated by. The court documents detail his extreme displeasure with how “The Wanderer” was used to underscore Fallout 4’s violent, mutant-filled landscape. This is how the complaint describes the ads:

Defendant’s Commercials were objectionable because they featured repeated homicides in a dark, dystopian landscape, where violence is glorified as sport. The killings and physical violence were not to protect innocent life, but instead were repugnant and morally indefensible images designed to appeal to young consumers.

Without Plaintiff’s consent, Defendants dubbed The Wanderer into commercials in which the protagonist, a wanderer, roams from one location to the next, armed and hunting for victims to slaughter. Defendant’s Commercials have no redeeming value, they simply entice young people to buy a videogame [sic] by glorifying homicide, making the infliction of harm appear appealing, if not also satisfying.
The document goes on to note that, had DiMucci been able to look over the commercials before they aired, he would have requested them to focus on the “post-apocalyptic struggle for survival without craven violence.” Since DiMucci wasn’t given the chance to reject the ads, according to the complaint, he’s now owed both financial damages and the opportunity to take them offline.
>>
File: Atmosphere.png (238KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
Atmosphere.png
238KB, 480x368px
>>383204817
>Someone's art is used for a purpose they disagree with and were not made aware of the issue despite being promised to have oversight of it's usage
Versus
>A voice actor agrees to jobs and is now unhappy they don't get more money for said jobs
These are not comparable situations
>>
>>383219327
This, I actually think the guy is 100% in the right to be filing a lawsuit here if what he's saying is true
>>
>>383216508
No he can sure whoever he wants, then whoever can counter sue whoever
And do you really think that Universal with their teams of lawyers didn't foresee such a circumstance when they signed the contract with the artist? For real real now? Do you honestly think that they wouldn't disclose any rights that the artist had when they took their cut for the music?
>>
>>383215756
If you know the right cases it's a guaranteed return on investment

Heres an example

I get into a car crash

The guy doesnt have a scratch on him

But

He sues for bodily injury

And that's that, he doesnt have to get a checkup or anything to prove he has these injuries, he was the victim of a crash after all
>>
>>383204594
>get paid for your work
>contract gives you stipulations
>company ignores your stipulation

essentially a breach of contract
>>
>>383201218
Anything that takes money away from Bethseda is a good thing, I wish DiMucci the best.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.