[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/pt-b r/takeaction/316/332/915

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: DayZFailure.jpg (46KB, 460x215px)
DayZFailure.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/pt-br/takeaction/316/332/915/ Sign this shit and rain justice on shitty developers.

>inb4 /b/ level of reply "We are not your personal army"

I just find it retarded DayZ is still on steam after 4 years of complete BS. And the community gets triggered at you for even trying to bring up how cancer the devs have been. As much as game development takes time, you can clearly see their lack of responsibility when games like PUBG get developed in less than half the time it took DayZ to get to this unplayable state.

>inb4 DayZ uses its own engine and PUBG licensed Unreal Engine 4

Doesn't fucking matter because they literally took a LOT of stuff from the Arma engine and its own assets (even if they didn't just copy paste , which in some instances they did, they still utilised the same concepts when bringing it over to DayZ SA, just take a look at the V3S vehicle which is literally a green Ural from Arma 2).
>>
>>383198171
Day z is fine. Game development takes time. I know this might be hard for you to understand, but they are making a new animation system. Bit more complicated than something you do over a weekend.
>>
>>383198171
nypa
>>
>>383198441
Yes anon we really need those animations , especially when the core experience from the mod isn't even there yet. But we need those animations AND we also need the meat tenderizers.
>>
Rewriting a mod that's on a shitty extremely change-resistant engine completely is harder and takes more time than creating a game from scratch
>>
>>383198726
You are basically admitting their incompetence to make reasonable decisions then. Perhaps they should also have licensed another engine. Either way , my point still stands. They have fucked up massively and are accountable for it.
>>
File: Nice.png (62KB, 623x622px) Image search: [Google]
Nice.png
62KB, 623x622px
>>383198171
>Good devs
>>
>>383198931
The arma engine has great bullet ballistics, weapon feeling etc. It's perfect for a military sim but bad for a zombie crafting-survival game.

But if they made it on a different engine and make it similar to Rust or 7 Days to die then it would be generic as fuck.

What makes it unique is the military sim engine.

Anyway it's too late now to change to a different engine whether they want it or not.
>>
>>383199479
Are you retarded? The engine isn't the "bullet ballistics" and "weapon feeling", that's just a feature and animations. You can make the exact same thing in any engine.
>>
>>383199479
>Great ballistics

Which they didn't use. Arma terminal ballistics are awesome but they discarded for whatever the hell we have now , and since it's entirely server based, whether you will hit or not depends more on the server than your own skill. Plus, all weapons feel very unrealistic and the bullet drop is VERY inconsistent, to the point most of the combat is handled at close range, even with marksman rifles. I don't want the same as rust, but whatever they did right now doesn't even work. Might as well never even made the game since it's a massive failure both in physics and content when compared to the mod.
>>
>>383200417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cix07R1vlhI

>Why is Arma 3 so CPU intensive ?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.