[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's /v/'s opinion on ryse? finally got a computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 10852.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
10852.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
what's /v/'s opinion on ryse? finally got a computer to play it and its fun as hell.
>>
>>383184305
Extremely short and linear but was fun while it lasted.
>>
>no dlcs
>no mod support
>no map editor
what were they thinking? is this just a cry engine tech demo?
>>
Way too easy, even on the unlockable difficulty. But surprisingly deep combat after everything I heard about the game prior to release. It boggles my mind God of War is a real franchise that gets decent scores but Ryse is panned for being too shallow.
>>
>>383184601

Explain this depth. Kinda hard to take that seriously remembering one of the devs going on about how their QTEs weren't QTEs.
>>
>>383184720
The QTE's are really just there to determine what rewards you get, they only trigged after you already finish an enemy. It's not the deepest combat in a game of its kind but your actions actually matter in Ryse.
>>
>>383185026

That's not a very good explanation, but oh well.
>>
>>383185219
Sorry I'm drunk. Basically it's your run of the mill action game. The QTE shit doesn't really affect combat, it's like playing something like Jedi Academy but with a QTE finished at the end that determines how much health you restore, how much experience you get, etc.
>>
I love Ryse as shallow as it is. First game I got for my Xbox One. It scratched that classic beat em up itch I always have. Still play the gladiator mode occasionally so I can finally get to that last tier of gear.
>>
>>383184305
It was enjoyable enough to keep my attention for the short length of the campaign, got to play it for free thanks to games with gold.

I definitely don't recommend buying it but if you can play it for free or very cheap it will entertain you for a few hours at least.
>>
>>383185512
If the standard combat had at least a few more animations as complex as the finishers it'd be much better. Funny story I just remembered. My cousin sucks at most games but this takes the cake as simple as the gameplay is. We were all hanging out and he's playing. And he never did the fucking executions. I was fucking floored.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.