[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay guys I have a problem with my computer and I'm in need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: shutterstock_289448927-970x546.jpg (77KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_289448927-970x546.jpg
77KB, 970x546px
Okay guys I have a problem with my computer and I'm in need of advice. I bought a new computer, nothing super-fancy but still quite decent.

For some reason the first game I start on it after a restart freezes after about 30-60 minutes. So I gotta exit the game. After that, I can play just fine for as long as I want without any further issues, until I restart that is.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions what this might be?
>>
It's windows 10 64-bit, nvidia gtx 1070, and I've already tried reinstalling gpu drivers
>>
>Windows 10
Found your problem

No, but srsly what games are you playing? Does this happen with all games? Does it happen with other programms aswell? Could be a faulty OS installation or your hardware is fucky.
>>
>>383169248
It's happened with several different games, and I have no reason to suspect any particular game to be immune to it.

Doesn't seem to affect Firefox, the only program I can think of that I use for extended periods of time.
>>
>>383169648
>several different games
Definitively bad OS/Driver compatibility.
>Windows 10 and Nvidia driver
What you want to do is
>uninstalling everything related to Nvidia
>unplug gpu
>plug display to motherboard
Then you can troubleshoot it with some notsodemanding games.
>>
>>383170230
Sounds like a good suggestion, thanks!
>>
>>383169648
Get a benchmarking tool, let it run in fullscreen mode (like a game) , wait to see if it crashes. If it does its definetely driver related.

Also try some older drivers, NVIDIAs bug testing team consists only of a handfull of potatoes and new drivers are often worse than the older ones
>>
>>383170467
Thanks, will try this first then!
>>
>>383168989
>>383169248
Okay anon this will take a bit but itll be worth it so much more

1. install daves boot and nuke onto a usb. figure out how to boot on your usb and wipe all that shit off

2. https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Windows_7
Follow the steps after backup and you should be good

3. go to /g/ for more help
>>
>>383171050
>Darik's Boot and Nuke

Sure if you want to shoot birds with missiles. Bit of an overkill, but guaranteed to work (after you let it run for a good 24 hours)

Also
>go to /g/ for help
Have you ever been on /g/? They'd rip him a new one for asking for help
>>
>>383171542
i forgot the dude's name lol

>Sure if you want to shoot birds with missiles. Bit of an overkill, but guaranteed to work (after you let it run for a good 24 hours)

the reason I suggested this though is because he's using windows 10 and that shit is stubborn from what I hear

>Have you ever been on /g/? They'd rip him a new one for asking for help

there's stupid question threads, they'll help him there but the wiki is really solid that's why I linked it
>>
>>383171793
Well if it is a faulty OS, nuking it is the best approach.
I can confirm that the wiki is good, used it myself a couple of times.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.