[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Fast travel >No area change with loading screen >Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 301
Thread images: 45

File: monster.jpg (121KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
monster.jpg
121KB, 900x600px
>Fast travel
>No area change with loading screen
>Can change equipment in starting base
Could this ruin the game?
Where is the fun in making the game more easy?
>>
>>383161858
Saved*
Fuck off nintenbro
>>
File: john-kennedy-picture.jpg (36KB, 400x372px) Image search: [Google]
john-kennedy-picture.jpg
36KB, 400x372px
>>383161858
>'the game is more easy, casualized garbage!!"
>isn't even out yet
>>
>literally wanting loading screens

Are you retarded?
>>
You mean less tedious?
>>
>>383162532
>Literally wanting hallways to walk down hundreds of times that take longer than those loading screens

I want a happy medium.
>>
They should remove fast travel and add more camping features that actually makes staying out fun and non-limiting
>>
>>383162698
The tedium is what attracts the autists, don't be surprised when they throw hissy fits.
>>
>>383162869
Except monsters can chase you in those hallways
>>
>>383162869
That's what thee grabbling hooks is for, quick travels, people who want loading screens need it to abuse it because they're shitters
>>
>no area change with loading screen
how does that make the game easier, that makes it harder you nitwit; now you can't just run out of the room the monsters in to heal and sharpen
>>
>Fast travel is just for returning to camp
>Short hallways instead of loading screens
>Added camp functionality because you can remain in the level between hunts
Nothing wrong here. The mid hunt equipment change is literally nothing as long as you can't just refill all your consumables in the middle of a hunt, which is something people are just making assumptions about right now.
>>
>>383162997
I'm more worried that 100+ quest in when traversing the same hallways or even worse little no fighting swimming sections for 30 seconds or more will get super tedious since the monster's not going to chase you right out of the gate.

Stuff where a quick little fade out and then fade back in to the next big area would do wonders for.
>>
>>383161858
I don't mind it, it fit perfectly with this game.
You can't fast travel in mid-battle and you can choose multiples quests without leaving the map so the change equipment in starting base is okay (and is also optional)

At this point you guys are looking for something to bitch
>>
>>383161858
its not about making it easy its about getting dumb westerners to throw money at the screen, its like the hype crowd that tries to follow souls series and scream about the difficulty so they can be part of the group
>>
>>383163871
You're acting as if these hallways are as large as the areas they're connecting.

The ones in the videos don't look like they'd take any longer to pass through than if it was just a loading screen, just with the added benefit of, you know, not being a loading screen.
>>
>>383163905
>You can't fast travel in mid-battle

Literally footage of fast traveling while there is a rathalos right next to them
>>
>>383161858
I'll wait until I get the chance to play it. They could implement it really well or it all will feel kinda awkward. But from what I've seen, I cannot say whether I like it or not.
Only thing that puts me off is the grappling hook.
>>
>>383164603
No, they did take much longer than the average PC loading screen.

But you are right in the fact that it won't be clear how they actually feel until I can play it. So that's why it remains a simple worry and not anything worse.
>>
File: 1360013184121.jpg (118KB, 1048x720px) Image search: [Google]
1360013184121.jpg
118KB, 1048x720px
The real problem I've seen is that the camp interior doesn't have room for all four hunters, and instead just has an instanced space for yourself and your palico.
>>
ITT: People pretending they've already played the game even though it's not out for another year
>>
>>383163490
>>Fast travel is just for returning to camp
It's not. We see the hunter fast traveling from the camp int he jap stream.
>>
>>383164753
It was already confirmed in the JP livestream you can't fast travel if you're fighting a monster.

Rathalos wasn't fight against the Hunter and it's most likely he didn't see the player yet, hence is why the guy who was playing the demo run to a far place from Rathalos location instead open the map right there
>>
>>383161858
>Every monster hunter has been pretty much the same
>Capcom decides its time for a change
>WAH WAH ITS SHIT NOW PANDERING CASUALS FUCKING SONYGGERS
>>
>>383168734
They made a lot of stupid changes, though. They are clearly making this game to pander to westerners.
>>
I don't buy this whole thing everyone is pushing about how no loading screens makes it less casual than with loading screens under the pretense that loading screens were something that kept players safer from monsters than hallways. In all the newer games the monsters would chase you to other areas very quickly if they were enraged, making for some awful surprises if you ran away to sharpen instead of just sharpening mid battle knowing when you had enough time. Ultimately the casual player still just runs away for a little bit in order to heal and sharpen, nothing much has changed only now there is a visual representation of the monster following you at a distance.
>>
File: kill Handler.png (165KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kill Handler.png
165KB, 400x400px
It's my money an my game ain't it? Kill Handler.
>>
>>383168734
>capcom can do no wrong
>>
>>383168983
What changes were stupid?
>>
>>383161858

watching the new gameplay, the voice acting was annoying as fuck and those bright flashing flies were ridiculously intrusive
>>
>>383169560
Give me some kind of limitation of template to work with, because I know if I list every little single thing that I don't like you're just going to say they are all good changes.
>>
I want everyone to take a game like Monster Hunter Online, a game without its flaws (like damage numbers) but still basically a regular Monster Hunter game just with really good graphics, and take a look at the tutorial level.

Now compare that to the tutorial level we now have footage of in Monster Hunter World.

Basically... everything different about them I prefer from Monster Hunter Online.

And keep in mind, I was shitting all over Monster Hunter Online when it came out for many of the same reasons I'm now shitting on Monster Hunter World. But seriously just take a fucking look. It's night and day!
>>
>>383161858
>Where is the fun in making the game more easy?
I don't know ask people who likes MHGen.
>>
the only positive change i see so far is less tedious gathering
>>
>>383170243

we all agree that 4U is better though
>>
File: 1499191062091.jpg (136KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1499191062091.jpg
136KB, 480x608px
>>383161858
>Fast travel
Shit is over all dumb since it will just artificially extend the game over all than actually shorten it. Since like i assume not all but many do ,especially at the higher ranks with the rarer and rarest shit to gather, that on the way to fight whatever the fuck that before aggroing the monster some time is taken spent gathering some shit.

So unless they have heavily casualized the gathering of shit as well shits dumb except i guess for people who suck and get carted often.

Im still on the fence about this shit since i fear that people will just cheese shit by aggroin and the going to the most convenient spot to fight the thing by having the monster chase them there. Which will ruin alot of the fun of the sectioned of varying areas. So unless they program some dumb shit to make the monsters not be able to do that, which i doubt, shit will just become lame and monotonous.

And personally i am fine if and only if one can only do it once during like the first 5-10 minutes. Since at times one can forget to change their armor and weapon to something that suits the mission better. And since the game will load the whole map at once it will help with having to deal with load times of having to quit wait the few secs then going back to town and changing and selecting the mission again and then go through that load time.

Though if you were really paying attention the worst most casualizing shit in the game is the fucking hookshot thing since no matter its limitations it essentially can be used as a quick get away to heal and sharpen in a complete safe way. Which is just down right lame and stupid.
>>
>>383170143
Just list it, I'm willing to bet the changes/additions in 4U and Gen is much bigger than anything you are going to list.
>>
>healing on the move is bullshit
>even though the heal is significantly weaker and riskier to use
so this......Is the intelligence.....of /v/.....woah...
>>
>>383161858
>fast travel without farcasters which everyone had 99 of and no loading screens somehow make the game easier
???
Equipment change is so far the only QoL improvement that directly relates to difficulty since higher multi-monster quests would usually leave you equipped wrongly for at least 1 other monster.
But most people combated that with skills and multisets anyway, so eh, if it actually affects difficulty in that regard remains to be seen as well.
>>
>Game has apologists defending mechanical changes and difficulty before it's even out yet

Wuh oh.
>>
File: download.png (348KB, 460x696px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
348KB, 460x696px
Fuck all of you.
>>
File: Cursed_907572_6303496.jpg (87KB, 519x556px) Image search: [Google]
Cursed_907572_6303496.jpg
87KB, 519x556px
>>383171103
>game had people crying its shit before its even out.
>>
>>383170495
Alright, then. I've also hardly played any Monster Hunter outside of 4 on my cousin's DS when I visited him (only played for maybe 24 hours), but I saw a lot of things that I didn't like.

>fast travel all over the map
Yes, it isn't only to the camp because in the japanese stream we see the hunter fast traveling to the camp then fast traveling back to a different point on the map.
>random floating bugs act as free full heals
>all resources are marked on the map and the mini-map, prior to even touching scout flies, at the very start of a mission
>annoying UI where every single button combination and its action is in your face int he upper right hand portion of the screen
>mounting is even easier to do because of the hook shot, it lasts longer, and it's even harder to fail now because when the monster start to try flinging the hunter off of his back there are button prompts on the screen to help the player not get knocked off
>no blood splatter but instead we get giant orange damage numbers with a pseudo health bar (heart beat sensor) on top of that
>there seems to be a very large amount of emphasis put into either luring the hunt to fight another monster or damaging it with environmental attacks because those do a lot more damage than the hunter can
>they got rid of loading screens (which I think is a good thing) and made every area connected, but at the same time every connection between each of the areas is now just a corridor
>being able to eat and drink while running is super fucking casual and I don't see how anybody could possibly defend it without sounding like a capcom shill
>faster resource gathering is neat but at the same time it's not just faster, but instantaneous and they can do it while running
>regenerating health
>as far as graphics are concerned it looks the best out of all monster hunter games but the game looks really washed out and bland in terms of saturation

There.
>>
File: IMG_1627.jpg (181KB, 606x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1627.jpg
181KB, 606x810px
>>383166518
To another camp...

Is this really an issue to you?
>>
>>383171657
>is fast travel an issue to you?
Yes.
>>
>>383171825
Then don't use it
>>
>>383164753
> Use a farcaster whilst a rathlos is right next to you.

WOOOO CASUAL.
>>
>>383171505

Can't really defend that
Cutting down on boring tedious resource grinding is good
Tutorial
Specifics aren't out but hookshot will have some sort of finite restriction and take up a slot
Thats a good change experienced(autistic) hunters who memorized their damage and monster weakpoints can turn them off
No there isn't the player on the preview was intentionnally drawing out the fight show off nee things
Monsters follow you in corrodors and will take you for a ride when they go through them if your mounted
Healing is over time but you can move slowly or sprint to move slightly faster than default walk compared to a stationary instant heal this is a big nerf.
Gear skill
literally L I T E R A L L Y 100% this.
>>
>>383172802
Farcaster consumes an item slot, and has limited use.
>>
I just hate how there's no cross-play. Would love to be able to play with my PS4 friends while I'm on my PC. Also lack of XX to play local when I'm not playing Worlds is saddening.
>>
>>383173072
How do you know that this isn't limited use?
>>
I think my biggest issue are the god damn scout flies. It doesn't seem like its contextual and they're automatically popping in and out. Not only that but apparently it's impossible to hunt without them so they're basically mandatory to use. They also mark the Monster target on the god damn map and track it 1:1 which is fucking stupid.
>>
>>383173072
>Farcaster consumes an item slot, and has limited use.
It's only one item slot, but you are probably holding every single healing item possible with traps and items to combine for more traps. Being able to TP from anywhere is also a lot more stronger than finding a camp.

That's the thing too, I bet people who are complaining about the game being easier normally brings a dozen set of traps and always play in a group of four.
>>
>>383173440
All items in the stream menus are identifiable and so far this build has no item slot for slingshot, calling your travel pet, or grappling hook.

So at the very least we know they're not consumables.

And in the button prompts I don't see any indication of a timer like the icon's transparency/color filling up or draining or numbers counting down, etc.

Pretty sure they're not limited by time or number, only context.
>>
File: 34773437_p0.png (1MB, 600x2592px) Image search: [Google]
34773437_p0.png
1MB, 600x2592px
>>383173972
>2nd gen item bag sizes
>No hunting or gunning pouch
>And you're a gunner

Man mode go.
>>
>>383173972
My inventory is usually full of diapers (lifepowder) and the mats to make more so that the rando shitters like you I play with don't shit their pants and die every goddamn hunt. So you can bet I care about item slots. Except in this one I don't think I will have to care about item slots, because everything is handed to you and I won't have to bring heals for you fucks because I'm just going to solo this shit looks easy.
>>
>>383161858
NINTENKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>fast travel
You mean far caster right? I need to see the new video.
>>
>>383174572
You can fast travel back to camp to change your gear.
>>
>>383174572
You just whistle and the little wyvern things that hunters ride in on in the first trailer that look like Halks from MHF fly down and pick you up.
>>
>>383161858

You're mistaken, its called making a game less shit.
>>
File: 48583152_p34_master1200.jpg (104KB, 745x637px) Image search: [Google]
48583152_p34_master1200.jpg
104KB, 745x637px
>>383175051
I hope you're given some level of customization over the new birbs like you have with Halks.
Even if they don't do much being able to choose and element to change their looks is a nice touch.
>>
Enyone who is Ok with the changes made in Gen/XX and sy that world will be more easy and casual garbage is a compleat hypocrite and a faggot
>>
>>383174384
>Using dragon instinct
>A fucking faggot who pretends to be a pro "helps me" with lifepowder and fucks my dragon instinct

I hope you are your kind suffer a horrible and painfull death
>>
Scout flies are dumb

>>383173673
>They also mark the Monster target on the god damn map and track it 1:1 which is fucking stupid.

So does the paintball, stfu
>>
>>383175581
that's what bothers me the most. every time someone complained about gen/xx mhg would go all HURR DURR GRAMPA NO LIKE CHANGE or "if you don't like it just don't use it"

when the concern was about the franchise taking steps in a questionable direction

next monster hunters could monsters walk straight into traps and have you cart as much as you want without any punishment and you'd still get ad hominem shit spouted back at you
>>
>>383176606
>So does the paintball, stfu
>actually have to gather material and craft paintballs and make space in your inventory
>actually have to throw it
>actually have to hit your target
>only lasts 2 min
>HURR this is the exact same!

But you didn't know any of this because you dont play MH titles.
>>
>>383177468
This. It's very clear the only people who actually like the concept of Monster Hunter becoming even MORE casual than it has been going were clearly still too retarded to play the game despite the series severely raising the skill floor for retards already.
>>
File: 63416665_p0.png (411KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
63416665_p0.png
411KB, 600x600px
This is Anja, say something nice about her!
>>
>>383176606
Aren't paintballs just something that give off the general location/area? The scout flies actually give the monster a tiny icon on the map and the icon moves as the monster moves.
>>
>>383178162
Normally the monster's location is represented with a dot when paintball'ed.
Not the area but the exact location.

With points in the Psychic skill however, you can get it to show the type of monster as well as orientation.
>>
>>383177841
Ugly dino turkey
>>
>>383175581
X/XX were spinoff games made specifically for the 10th anniversary, they were supposed to be over the top and crazy

this a new mainline game
>>
>>383177841
Doesn't fit in with the reptiles
Doesn't fit in with the mammals
Awkward inbetweener
Always bullied
Anja, poor Anja
>>
>>383178883
and that means all new mechanics will stay, right?

just like day/night maps, village upgrading, swimming combat, free hunts, mounting, etc.?

fuck off alarmist shill
>>
File: tumblr_ori90k4pcl1wq3ikwo1_1280.png (356KB, 1000x596px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ori90k4pcl1wq3ikwo1_1280.png
356KB, 1000x596px
>>383178515
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
>>
>Running between areas when farming a monster isn't fun.
>The only good thing about separate areas was when you needed to run from a monster.
>Who cares?
>>
>>383179340
the changes being made in MHW change a crazy amount of core mechanics, pretty much all changes to core mechanics have stayed mainline gen to mainline gen, see new weapons. weapon moveset improvements, gathering changes, monster AI and whatnot, there hasn't even been as many core changes to the MH formula throughout the entire series than what's being done in World
>>
File: 1498429985886.gif (3MB, 245x263px) Image search: [Google]
1498429985886.gif
3MB, 245x263px
>tfw no MHW on Switch
>>
>>383161858
>not realizing they have removed certain barriers so the game has to become more difficult
>not realizing that allowing one monster to face off against all types of weapons is unfair and therefor either stronger/more difficult monsters are needed or the volume of monsters will increase
>not realizing that no loading screens means that if you're in a pinch, you can't just change zones

Do I need to go on?
>>
To all the cucks that are so triggered by mechanics that are streamlining the game; do you have enough willpower to choose not to use them?
If no, then that's exactly the reason they were put into the game.
You're just being purist because 'muh difficulty'.
>>
File: R.gif (36KB, 335x251px) Image search: [Google]
R.gif
36KB, 335x251px
>>383176606
you MHW drones can honestly fuck off, it honestly feels like most of the people defending this shit don't play MH
>>
>>383181138
Where do people like you even come from?
>>
File: 1465323604915.jpg (61KB, 604x438px) Image search: [Google]
1465323604915.jpg
61KB, 604x438px
>>383161858
if the game bombs then i will ejoy the massive asshurt on /v/ as they try to defend it
or if it will be actually a decent game i'll buy it the pc
it's a win win situation
>>
File: 1468437735917.gif (1MB, 295x255px) Image search: [Google]
1468437735917.gif
1MB, 295x255px
>>383180873
>so the game has to become more difficult
>>
>>383181082
I would love to not use things like damage numbers, but them removing blood splatter makes it then impossible to know how much damage you're doing without having the damage numbers on

I probably won't use the environmental free items and such though, traps and flashbombs and full heals for free everywhere seems a bit cheesy and cheap, but out of the way enough to ignore
>>
>>383171103
>getting mad at speculation
autismo supreme
>>
honestly i hate randomly running around the map at the beginning of a quest looking for the monster. i use the fast forward button when playing on emulator desu
>>
>>383181554
Now if half the people here wouldn't sell their speculation as hard fact that they will never give up on we almost could have some discussion here.
>>
>>383181738
That's why you use the power of autism and memorize where all the monsters spawn at the start of the quest
>>
FUCK monbster huntre
>>
>>383161858
Every MH since the first has been, generally speaking, easier than the last. They've really had to go above and beyond to make them harder at the ends of the games to match up with earlier titles, with shit like frenzy, hyper, deviants, special event overdrive versions of monsters, and such.

However, the things you've mentioned are non-issues. They're actually concessions in the face of other things that would have made the games clunkier if they hadn't been made.

For example:
>We want to have up to 4-5 large showing up in any singular excursion, as well as the ability to take on multiple hunts during an excursion, fusing the free hunt and the excursion to take down specific monsters into a single instance.
>>>So we add the ability to change gear at the base camp to deal with multiple scenarios as they arise or to change your strategy without having to give up the hunt altogether, as well as the ability to fast travel back to the base camp to undertake more hunts from the quest lady hanging out over there.

>Having more monsters means that environments as they exist right now will be too cluttered and claustrophobic.
>>>So we make the environment bigger to hold them all.

>Making the environment bigger means more travel time between areas.
>>>So we remove loading screens and increase mobility. Also allows for us to make more aggressive monsters that will chase you.

>Monsters being more aggressive and will chase you might get a little over the top if there's so many of them in the environment.
>>>So we'll improve stealth mechanics that have gone largely ignored until now, and add features that have until now been crafted as part of nature. This will also allow us leeway to make the monsters more mobile and dangerous as well, since the environment can work as much against them as it does against you.

So on and so forth.
>>
>>383164993
It's got space if they cram themselves in.
>>
>>383164753
Being in the presence of a monster is not the same as being in battle in MHW. If the monster hasn't noticed you, or has but simply is not aggressive towards you yet, then you can do it.

These are pseudo-living ecosystems now. The monsters have their own shit to worry about than a random tiny, skinny-ass human while they're trying to hunt down something to eat.
>>
>>383171505
>being able to eat and drink while running is super fucking casual and I don't see how anybody could possibly defend it without sounding like a capcom shill
1) Speed Eating has existed forever, a super casual skill for those who thought the animation was dumb and too long. We've just acclimatized to getting along without it for more power.
2) Yes, you can drink and move simultaneously, but it's not a full on sprint.
3) Monsters being more animated and more aggressive means that using the old potion animation would just be a "please monster daddy fuck me in the ass" sign.
4) The gradual healing feature is, technically speaking, a rebalance. Being able to dodge out of healing means you can lose the full healing effect, which will likely happen more than we'd like to admit in monsters with larger aoe attacks. Although it also means that you can get some healing back before you take a hit, which wasn't possible in the old system.
5) They're obviously going for a more realistic monster hunter, and being stuck in place and flexing, while goofy and charming, isn't quite as realistic.

I get the feeling that a game like this is probably something Ryozo's original vision entailed. It's certainly a lot more like what I expected when I was going into Tri.

>capcom shill
I support Ryozo, not Capcom. I kind of wish he'd break away and do his own thing and take the Monhun Team with him so Capcom could just fucking die already.
>>
>>383171505
>giant orange damage numbers
They're pretty small and blend in pretty well compared to what you see coming out of MHO.

>pseudo health bar
Didn't the Wyvernking Eyepatch change colours depending on how close the monster is to death?
>>
>>383185039
This stupid argument again? The Monsters icon was red and that shows that it was "fighting" him. And if the monasters aren't aggressive then why does the hunter have to use stealth when near it?

Every time one of you fucks brings up this dumb argument and it carry's no fucking weight.
>>
>>383171825
It shouldn't be when the areas are bigger and travel time is going to be significantly longer.
>>
File: 1497229442713.png (121KB, 529x250px) Image search: [Google]
1497229442713.png
121KB, 529x250px
>>383171505
>>383186250
>guise i don't really play monster hunter but saw the trailer and here are my unbiased thoughts
>post is a literal compilation of every negative thing said about MHW in the last month
I don't even disagree half the things you said but what the fuck
>>
>>383161858
>change equipment in starting base

This is an improvement. This is a massive improvement.
>>
>>383177667
>not swiping enough paintballs from Low Rank missions that you never have to craft any through the rest of the game
shiggy diggy
>>
>>383186760
Why did you link the second post? It's actually arguing against a complaint, or at least attempting to explain why it was altered.
>>
>>383174572
No, it isn't like Farcasters since you can't use them mid-combat
>>
File: 1429474659167.png (191KB, 318x360px) Image search: [Google]
1429474659167.png
191KB, 318x360px
>fast travel
>what is a farcaster?
>>
>>383186250
>2)
Yes but it's still running. We see the hunter jug a bottle and eat meat while running. It's not as fast as sprinting but its almost as fast as it.
>3)
These streams do not support this argument of being more "animated" (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) and more aggressive. The AI is as sloppy and dumb as ever, maybe even dumber.
5)
Realism should not be an argument you ever bring into monster hunter. By this logic the weapons in MHW should all be scaled down in size by 60% and the monsters shouldn't be nearly as large, let alone as fantasy oriented as they are.
>>
>>383187039
A consumable item which you can only bring one of during a hunt. MHW fast travel has no cost
>>
>>383186760
All of that shit was in the english stream from a couple days ago you fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1421860512612.jpg (22KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1421860512612.jpg
22KB, 680x510px
So why didn't they just build on top of 4U and X?

>reconsider styles and arts (maybe throw away styles and only implement a few weapon arts, no absolute readiness or evasion)
>get off the 3DS (duh)
>improve visuals all around, no more reused assets
>work on the balance, especially between elemental and raw
>make new monsters, good new story
>improve underwater combat and give it another chance but make it less common

All they had to do for a perfect MH5 everyone would have loved.
But no, they had to go and be crazy enough to think that if they westernize MH enough surely the western audience would grow SO MUCH that it makes up for losing a gigantic amount of sales in Japan (not on any handheld) - a gamble they will surely lose, no matter how much they make this game accessible to the average Uncharted, Horizon, TLOU etc. player of the west.

Capcom must be suicidal. Chasing the imaginary birds in the bush when they should've been happy with the one they had in their hand already.
>>
>>383186629
Please give a timestamp on a video for me to reference in arguing with you further.

Are you sure it wasn't being aggressive towards a different monster in that point in time?

>if the monsters aren't aggressive then why does the hunter have to use stealth when near it
So it'll notice your distractions instead of the person making the distraction? Because you're in its territory or nest specifically and it'll become more aggressive towards intruders? Because some monsters will be more aggressive than others? For example, the Great Jagras won't give you the time of day unless you bother it directly, but its pack on the other hand is pretty aggressive, and if you fuck with them, it'll protect them.
>>
>>383187204
>1
you mean 11, 12 on hunt-a-thons because they give you an EZ Farcaster
>>
>>383187343
to appeal to the West
>>
>>383186760
Wow, maybe because they are genuine complaints from people, regardless of how much time they spent playing the games? Who would have fucking thought.
>>
>>383187204
>farcaster
>one

Also they've said multiple times at this point, the zones in world are significantly larger, like 3-5x larger than what they have been in the past. Are you seriously arguing running for 5 minutes if a monster goes several zones over is fun and necessary? Because that's called pure fucking autism
>>
>>383186679
The area's aren't that big and the minute the hunter finds the monster its almost impossible to lose track of it.
>>
>>383187587
You know, as much as I wanted MH to be open world in the sense that it's one big area... I'd take traversing a 1 second long load screen over constantly chasing a monster through corridors that take 15 seconds to run across
>>
>GS users can aim their attack mid-charge
>HBG users can move while shooting and reloading
Defend this
>>
>>383177841
You will always be a disappointment to your pickle of an ancestor.
>>
>>383187812
>inb4 QoL
>>
>>383187812
makes the game more fun :^)
>>
>>383187812
You can already do this to a small extent.
>>
File: 1497038627141.png (249KB, 536x296px) Image search: [Google]
1497038627141.png
249KB, 536x296px
>>383187812
post proofs RIGHT NOW
>>
>>383187167
>These streams do not support this argument of being more "animated"
Monsters turn their heads to look at their target as they move around. They can aim their attacks better, but are still constrained by commitment to certain attacks once they're in the animation. They can interact with the terrain much more smartly than they used to be able to (not as in animal intelligence, but AI pathing and environmental interaction variety).

>Realism should not be an argument you ever bring into monster hunter.
Realism is a sliding scale, not a switch. You don't just go between full on extreme fantasy and full on realism. And furthermore some aspects can be more realistic than others - it is the nature of fiction and art that this is allowable, that realism vs fantasy can be more of a sound mixing board than a dial.

Besides, it wasn't an argument, it's a potential explanation - if you don't accept it, whatever.

As for the monsters, well. Up until some relatively recent entries, the most fantastical monsters have generally speaking been elder dragons - it was actually the design philosophy between monsters like Teostra and Kirin and such, that Elder Dragons would draw more from fantastical elements and normal monsters would draw more from nature as we know it, though this went out the window the moment Zinogre changed how the series views Flagship designs and fights.
>>
>>383161858

What, scared you can't just leave an area to heal and sharpen? Casual fuck.

This is just fucking amazing.
>>
>>383187628
Then don't use the fucking fast travel or are you some autist who has to use features they dislike?
>>
>>383187343
>>reconsider styles and arts (maybe throw away styles and only implement a few weapon arts, no absolute readiness or evasion)
Styles are garbage and only a gimmick to advertise having more than one moveset. In reality it is a fucking lie; it is feature-creep and bloat that is easy to pull off rather than one well-made moveset.
>>improve visuals all around, no more reused assets
This shit right here, I do not want to see any gen X-1 monsters besides Los, Ian, and generic small monsters but even the small monsters are a stretch since they've gotten real lazy with Gargwa being everywhere recently when they only match Yukumo's aesthetic
>>work on the balance, especially between elemental and raw
Not hard to change, keep raw the same but buff element through values. For example, purple sharpness needs a 1.3x mod for element and elemental phials on both SA and CB should use the 4U scaling because element was really fucking good on CB
>>make new monsters, good new story
fuck story, MH does not need one. Put more focus on the world itself but not a shoe-horned shonen plot. 4U suffered so hard because it split itself between 5 villages instead of one well-developed one
>>improve underwater combat and give it another chance but make it less common
No. Underwater can't be saved
>>
>>383187812
The first one has been a thing for a while now. It's just that the range of adjustment wasn't all that huge.
>>
>>383187812
I just wish the GS attacks didn't look so puny and weak.

https://youtu.be/W1YrxDl8cd0?t=7m

Look at this shit at about 7m~
The hell is this, feels weak as shit.
>>
File: 1474525651216.webm (2MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
1474525651216.webm
2MB, 1080x608px
>>383188087
>>
File: 1495866597077.png (91KB, 231x413px) Image search: [Google]
1495866597077.png
91KB, 231x413px
>>383161858
God I fucking hate you bandwagonning retards who have never even played Monhun for more than 50 hours yet think you know what's best for the series. Are you that excited to share your latest hot opinions straight from the shitpostosphere's echo chamber?
Why the fuck are you even here if you don't actually care about the games? And don't bullshit me on this; if you did care, you would be able to easily see why many of these changes are a good thing.
>>
File: 1457389405198.png (669KB, 674x614px) Image search: [Google]
1457389405198.png
669KB, 674x614px
>>383188378
>he just fucking pivots while charging
>>
>>383187484
Literally where did I imply they weren't legitimate complaints
>>
>>383188435
>God I fucking hate you bandwagonning retards who have never even played Monhun for more than 50 hours yet think you know what's best for the serie

If anything this goes for all the people I see who are only NOW suddenly interested in Monster Hunter. I hear them saying things like "Finally, the change MH needed" or "So glad they're doing away with archaic... outdated... this looks good, gonna give it a try"
>>
>>383188326
level 1 charges don't give massive feedback unlike level 3s, this has always been the case because it is supposed to feel weak. Otherwise you get retards who combo-sword like your entire video
>>
>>383188326
They don't look so bad, it's just the shitty new hit-stun (or comparative lack of it) that makes it look shitty
>>383188378
never mind, MHW is dead
>>
>>383188378
Yeah, and? You can do that right now, in MH3U. It's just that the hunter doesn't actually visually pivot until the actual slashing animation is going through, but you absolutely can run forward, start charging, then adjust your movement stick to an angle and have the hunter slash in a direction not directly forward.
>>
>>383188378
to be fair, we don't know how far you can pivot while charging, it could be the regular angles but have a pre-attack visual indicator now instead of only when you attack
>>
>>383188717
I barely ever play GS, so I'm glad I wasn't just imagining the ability to pivot being in earlier games. It looks pretty stupid in Worlds though, even if the functionality is the same.
Regardless, I know this is going to be yet another complaint parroted by people who don't even play MonHun and therefore have no context, yet snatch whatever first opinion they see and parade it around like they're knowledged. Nothing to do but sit and wait for them to get tired and move onto the next game.
>>
I wish MHO was available in English and with a ping of less than 300 or so.

That game isn't TOO bad.
>>
>>383188717
It is more noticeable in 4U because you have more range of motion but yeah, this was already a thing, the difference now is the directional input is during the charge instead of on release. I'm not really going to like this because it is using Gunlance Wyvernfire style of turning which is fucking slow
>>
In a vacuum, being able to change your gear in the starting camp does seem like a casual change. But this is only because we're judging the game by MH3U to MHGEN standards, where the norm for quests is only to have two monsters present simultaneously, and only have more for marathon quests or an arena mission designed for challenge and likely multiplayer play.

Consider that having 3-5 monsters in a given environment simultaneously is going to be STANDARD in MHW. Not just special event stuff. Now remember how, in 3U-GEN, when it comes to those special marathon or event quests, you're basically only allowed to use certain weapon types with a raw focus to bypass the need to abuse elemental weaknesses across multiple monsters, or otherwise focus on alternate playstyles like sleep bombing or using damaging status effects otherwise.

This is a good change in light of the kind of game MHW is trying to be. The ability to actually pick up multiple quests for a single given excursion pairs well with this change as it allows for spending less time at the hub and more time in the game.
>>
>>383188717
You could only slightly steer the attack to the left or right AFTER the charge came out. If MHW allows full 360 degree movement during the charge, it'll ruin the whole positioning element that was a core staple of the weapon
>>
>>383189731
I don't care about being able to change gear.
Don't care about scout flies vs paintball or psychoserum, what's the difference (though I'd like their effect to be less intense visually)

What I do care about is what to me seems like a focus on environmental traps and damage as well as monsters fighting each other in semi-scripted encounters. I get that it looks cool, feels nice and all and is visually impressive, but that's not what I want from MH. I want to hunt on my own, not help unfold some cinematic spectacle before my eyes.
>>
>>383189820
Like >>383188930 said it looks like it could just be the old pivot but it animates before the attack itself. But this is actually a case of "just do it the old way", this new shit looks SO FUCKING STUPID and it worked fine before.
>>
>>383188930
This. It looks like the only difference is the visual indicator of your new angle. Stop freaking out.
>>
>>383189980
That's just the focus because they're trying to show off all the new things.
In one of the demos they actually said the were holding off on damaging the monster too much just so they could keep showing the new things.
>>
>>383189980
What we've seen are videos showcasing the new features (environmental traps and true monster infighting). We haven't seen a single video of real gameplay the way a veteran would play. Hell, the greatsword user did not even bother with using charges. It doesn't make sense to complain about the gameplay at this stage, when we haven't even seen anything representing actual gameplay.
>>
>>383190296
I tend to not trust developers, but I hope you are right.
Given their wish to get lots of new western players into the franchise, though, I feel like my worries aren't entirely unwarranted. They definitely do have to cater to them to some degree. Just naming it Monster Hunter World instead of MH5 to avoid people going "ugh 5? Missed the first 4... pass" can't be all.
>>
I FUCKING HATE ALL OF YOU AUTISTIC DOOMSAYING FUCKS
>>
Also keep in mind that the Anjanath is BASICALLY the Great Jaggi of MHW. Maybe the Royal Ludroth.
>>
>>383190514
And I hate every single person who is only NOW interested in MH, saying shit like "Oh finally MH looks good, hell yeah baby I'm hyped :)"

I wish I could kill everyone who has not played any MH so far but considers playing it only now.
>>
>>383190541
>he actually thinks they would showcase and do gameplay demonstrations with the Jaggi equivalent
Stay delusional. It's a mid-game monster at the least. The vore lizard is the closest to something early game like Ludroth, which is why they put barely any focus on it.
>>
>>383164993
>random floating bugs act as free full heals
Hopefully its more of a starter HR thing for ease of start for shitters
>all resources...
Fine w it, if you played as much as any vet you know every node visual and location, then you just use maps in the end anyway.
>annoying UI...
most likely its removable, otherwise its been in all 3ds MH with the buttons ui. Just had options to move/remove em
>mounting is even easier...f
Mounting was never hard, why are people acting like it is now? Did we forget how cheese it always has been?
>no...
numbers arent big, and also removable
>there seems...
Exactly "sees" 4 hunters will alwasy do more dmg, unless you get lucky w mob placement then the burst might help. Otherwise another mechanic to make hunts easier for shitters, but no impact w decent players.
>they got rid of loading screens..
From someone who has been playing this game since Freedom, no loading screens can go fuck themselves I've wanted monsters to chase me/fight me in the whole map since forever.
>being able to eat and drink...
No issue with the mechanic change, anyone who cant see this is a nintendobaby
see I can make stupid comments too. It's iffy but from what I've seen it's not a huge issue.
>faster resource gathering...
I dont think you know how many times ive bent over to take the gathering dick, im tired of it nigga give me my shit so I can move on and beat the dino.
>regenerating health
I missed that? you talking about red health?
>as far as graphics...
1 area, and it looked pretty fucking fine to me, granted I enjoyed the look, I felt like it helped monsters stand out a bit more.
>>
>>383191013
It's early middle at absolute latest. Late beginning is much more likely by an order of magnitude. Although maybe calling it the Great Jaggi is a bit over the top.

Maybe Qurupeco/Barroth.
>>
>>383164753
You know you can be next to a monster and not flagged for combat...you play games right?
>>
File: MH3_WiiU_TS_Pack_Front_Eng.jpg (3MB, 1525x2144px) Image search: [Google]
MH3_WiiU_TS_Pack_Front_Eng.jpg
3MB, 1525x2144px
Don't mind me, just posting the best Monster Hunter experience we've had so far.

>WiiU Gamepad in stand next to me acting as secondary screen showing chat, map and other info
>playing on the big TV in front of me
>using great wiiu pro controller, super comfy and 80 hours of battery

Peak monster hunter kino
>>
>>383190673
>acting like a child because a videogame is changing

:^)
>>
>>383190673
sounds like capcoms marketing tactics are working then :)
>>
>>383191554
Too bad Capcom will lose millions of sales in Japan and the newly gained sales in the west won't make up for it :)
>>
dear >>383181417,
>>383184614 would like a word with you.

Sincerely,
#rekt
>>
>>383191664
yeah the game will flop, capcom will go bankrupt, and they will never make another monster hunter :)
>>
File: 1415187884240.jpg (15KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1415187884240.jpg
15KB, 300x250px
>tfw gonna cheat like crazy in MHW and corrupt everyone's saves I meet online

That'll teach them
>>
>>383163037
This
>>
>>383192019
Do you unironically think this game can reach the 5m sales it needs minimum given its budget?
Please, tell us how. Give us your expected sales figures for
>ps4 japan
>ps4 rest
>pc
>xbone
>>
>>383161858
>>Can change equipment in starting base
This legitimately bothers me, the rest I don't care about
>>
>>383192282
Out of the plethora of things you could legitimately complain about when it comes to MHW you pick being able to change your weapon?
>>
>>383191928
>assumptions the post
here is your second and final (you)
>>
>>383191157
Different anon here.

>More of a starter HR thing
Vigorwasps gather herb extract from the environment into a big, burstable bubble, but I only saw the one in like three different videos. They're a bit like flying Altaroths.

That said, again, keep in mind: 3-5 monsters can be present on any given excursion, and it's not exactly like the bugs are littering the place.

Now, speculation time: Given the behaviour we've seen from the one other gathering bug I can immediately recall, the Altaroths, their availability might also be limited before they go back to a hive or something. It's also possible that they've got a mechanic where you let them do their thing unbothered for a longer period of time and come back at an opportune moment for greater yield. Neither of these have any basis in video evidence, but if I were designing it that seems like something I'd think up.
>>
File: 1362591966076.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1362591966076.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>383192054
Nigga why ?
>>
>>383192373
>You can't assume
>I still can

This is how you sound.
>>
>>383192358
Out of those 3 things listed in the OP you dolt
>>
>>383192548
Because screw this casual game and Capcom.
>>
>>383191358
>not actually using the combo shortcuts on the gamepad while holding it
>actually saying the pro controller is good
I've never regretted a purchase so much in my life. The angle of the handles is all wrong, my hands and wrists feel so cramped after being spoiled by the Wii Remote+Nunchuck and the Gamepad's wide width.

The face buttons are too far in from the grips. I keep hitting one button thinking it's another.
>>
>>383192716
I've never heard of anyone disliking the wiiu pro controller like you do, really odd.

I thought it was excellent sans the glossy finish, I prefer matte.
>>
File: 1469991896826.jpg (101KB, 600x717px) Image search: [Google]
1469991896826.jpg
101KB, 600x717px
>>383163037
>Zoning out to heal or sharpen
Who does this?
>>
File: 1485974574513.png (41KB, 214x518px) Image search: [Google]
1485974574513.png
41KB, 214x518px
>>383192674
Well shit man I guess whatever floats your boat. I never meet you online anyways because I got buds I can play this with in real life.
>>
>>383192054
>implying i wont have backup saves

cant beat the master race bro
>>
>>383191358
you got it
but you forgot the usb keyboard for comfy chats with fellow hunters
>>
File: 1464721333867.jpg (36KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1464721333867.jpg
36KB, 409x409px
>>383192981
Good, better be careful mate. I'll pose as anyone you can imagine and find my way into your lobby if you ever dare play online at all, believe me
>>
>>383192850
Its flaws are really obvious when you compare it to the Classic Controller Pro that came bundled with Tri.

Also I really liked dual screens for actually tapping shortcuts on the bottom screen and will be sad to see them go though it seems like they've thought of a way around that with the quick select system MHW shows off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNfK-YqLUbU
>>
File: 1488298275321.png (29KB, 987x737px) Image search: [Google]
1488298275321.png
29KB, 987x737px
>>383192567
>Quoting a retarded comment made of assumptions and laughing is assuming now
Ok anon you can stop now
>>
>>383192907
I do when the exit is really close (two or three rolls away)
>>
how come when literally every western dev casualises shit its worse than Hitler but now that monhun is doing it its the greatest piece of video game design to be ever conceived?
i swear people on this board would happily eat shit and they got told it would make someone some where upset
>>
>>383193394
Original post being quoted here. The only assumptions are the motivations behind the changes - not so much the actual effects of the changes and how they synergize with each other, because those are observable.
>>
>>383193462
Well the game is finally on a sony platform again, so... you can imagine who would have a vested interest in making sure to shill it and have it be seen in a good light...
>>
>The Chinese MH Online is more MH than MHW

Seriously why couldnt they have just learned from MHO.
Thats what I wanted on PS4.
Thats monster hunter.
Not this drivel casual crap aimed at westerners because they cant play games.
>>
>>383161858
no zones is weird since it removes some key mechanics.
Being able to move/cancel while drinking a potion is unforgivable though
>>
>>383193462
Because rebalancing is not always the same as casualization if other things change to compensate.
>>
>>383193625
MHO is not really that great but at least they try to keep it somewhat close I guess
>>
>>383161858
Don't forget that you can also access your item box from base camp, eliminating any need to prepare for the quest beforehand or conserve potions.
>>
Post your face when skills have been gutted into a shitty tier system where every point counts because Capcom thinks the west can't count to 10. Bonus: describe how the removal of gunner armor and inevitable sub20 roster makes you feel.
>>
>>383193462
Because Sonybros and PC Purists. Let's be completely honest with ourselves.

It's actually telling that half of the recycled arguments are pretty obviously from people who never play MH regularly.
>Y-YOU CAN GET CHASED DOWN HALLWAYS
Why does this matter? You never need to bother running if you aren't complete shit at the game, and you can heal between monster attacks at any point in the game.
>A-AT LEAST IT'S NOT WEEABOO BULLSHIT STYLES AND ARTS LIKE MHXX
So now we have super attacks, hookshots, glowing bug markers, and fast-travel mini-monsters, which are things more suited for MH Stories than actual MH.
>AJANTH IS REALISTIC, AND MH HAS ALWAYS BEEN PRETTY GROUNDED
Ajanth being """realistic""" puts it at odds with every other Brute Wyvern in history, even the Deviljho it's clearly themed after. And MH has literally never been grounded or realistic outside of HR1-3 armor.
>>
>>383193807
>unlimited status ammo
>unlimited special ammo
>unlimited elemental ammo

bowguns are gonna be fucking ez mode
>>
>>383193671
Not if you consider that the devs have been saying the monsters are more dangerous than ever, or the fact that you can hunt multiple monsters in a single excursion and in prior entries it could sometimes take up to 20 mega potions just to get through some single monster hunts even if you were an adequate hunter. The incentive to preserve potions is higher than ever now.

Keep in mind that, due to heals being gradual, canceling out of a potion means tossing the rest of it on the floor, and that unlike earlier entries being HIT out of drinking a potion means that potion has been lost, rather than simply trying again.
>>
>>383161858
>Fast travel
Just back to camp

THIS IS GREAT

Pretty bad

Can we be real? The crime here is visible damage numbers
>>
>>383193807
I thought you could only access your equipment.

>>383193896
>sub20 roster
I started with Tri and loved it to death. To this day I still thinks Tri has some perks over other entries, especially for newer players.
>>
>>383194178
>devs are saying
Good thing devs never lie.
>20 mega pots
So this is the kind of person who like world.
>>
File: Deviljho.png (498KB, 637x608px) Image search: [Google]
Deviljho.png
498KB, 637x608px
>>383194178
>the devs have been saying
I have a hard to believing anything in regards to "difficulty" with monsters.
>the fact that you can hunt multiple monsters in a single excursion
Have you literally never played MH before?

>Keep in mind that, due to heals being gradual, canceling out of a potion means tossing the rest of it on the floor, and that unlike earlier entries being HIT out of drinking a potion means that potion has been lost, rather than simply trying again.
So don't drink a potion poorly, and you can literally dodge attacks while drinking.

Also, can you actually cancel your drinking animation as that anon said? If so, that is legitimately undefendable.
>>
>>383194329
The damage numbers are a non-issue. You can turn them off. All they do is allow you to compare two weapons without doing math and inserting numbers into equations.

The healing changes are worrysome.
>>
>>383194178
>20 mega potions just to get through some single monster hunts

big surprise, the people defending the game being dumbed down are massive shitters
>>
File: pztjrj.png (328KB, 439x441px) Image search: [Google]
pztjrj.png
328KB, 439x441px
>>383194362
>I thought you could only access your equipment.
>>
>>383194178
>the devs have been saying
hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaa

Oh shit this just in
a capcom dev said "MHW will be so amazing you should buy 10 copies of it it'll be like super good and vets will mega love it"
whelp that settles it then!
>>
>>383161858
>fast travel good
good
>no area change with loading screen
good
>can change equipment in starting base
good

holy shit i might be interested into a MH game for the first time
>>
>>383192189
I honestly dont give a fuck how much it sales, the game will be out soon and I will be able to play it. Why are sales such a big fucking deal to people now holy shit, the only thing that will ever kill mh is japs losing interest. Worst case scenario they go back to handhelds with a staggered west release date, I thought you faggots would have learned this with megaman by now. Or better yet when tri was released on wii instead of ps3.
>>
>>383194737
No loading screen means you rope swing or swim through an uncharted tunnel for a long ass time. It looks bad.
>>
>>383194737
I know right? As a fellow hardcore horizon and uncharted gamer (I plat trophied them! yup!) I'm really excited. Finally monster hunter is mature and entered the 21st century... about time jeez.
>>
File: Tigrex.jpg (995KB, 1430x3250px) Image search: [Google]
Tigrex.jpg
995KB, 1430x3250px
>>383194178
>or the fact that you can hunt multiple monsters in a single excursion

I can't even begin to imagine an excuse you have for this. Since MH1, you could hunt multiple monsters in one quest. Then there are surprise monsters you could hunt if you so chose. There are also up to 5-monster hunts, and Hunt-A-Thons. Even in MH4/U, we had Expeditions where you could hunt to your heart's content.

What did you mean by this?
>>
>>383194434
>Have you literally never played MH before?
You know what I mean; this is just you picking on my wording to make me look bad, which is pretty petty.

3-5 monsters can show up in the environment on only a single hunt, and you can take multiple hunting quests without having to go back to the village hub, and furthermore completing a quest doesn't mean that you're automatically sent back to the village hub anymore. Free Hunt mechanics have been fused into the usual gameplay loop.

>So don't drink a potion poorly, and you can literally dodge attacks while drinking.
So then you're complaining about them rewarding skill, awareness, and practice, instead of locking those factors out of it entirely outside of noticing when the monster is mid-animation. Alright.

Yes, you can cancel out of them. But you don't get the full heal, and you've wasted an item in doing so, of which you only have a limited quantity. The important thing to keep in mind is that it's a short term benefit, and will likely fuck you over in the long term if you do so with any regularity at all.
>>
File: 1423571694947.jpg (917KB, 1000x1504px) Image search: [Google]
1423571694947.jpg
917KB, 1000x1504px
would /v/ still defend it if they went full western and censored all the female armor sets?
>>
>>383194491
I was mostly talking solo, as I don't bring palicos and I don't take my hunts online, so hunts end up taking a lot longer. Although admittedly reflecting upon that fact does bring up the point that maybe my perspective is a little skewed.

I dare you to do 48 minutes of solo Dalamadur with extremely shitty gear and not run through most of your potions, or solo Hyper Garuga when you're barely into high rank and one hit takes out 80% of your health.
>>
>>383195095
>of which you have a limited quantity
Not if you go back to base (instantly lol) or rub your dick on one of the many healing spots in the environment.
>>
>>383195095
>3-5 monsters can show up in the environment on only a single hunt
This is extremely different than "You can hunt multiple monsters in a single excursion". And I have a hard time believing we'll see 5 monsters active in one hunt. Maybe 3 at the most.
>and you can take multiple hunting quests without having to go back to the village hub, and furthermore completing a quest doesn't mean that you're automatically sent back to the village hub anymore. Free Hunt mechanics have been fused into the usual gameplay loop.
Which again, is extremely different from what you said.

>So then you're complaining about them rewarding skill, awareness, and practice, instead of locking those factors out of it entirely outside of noticing when the monster is mid-animation. Alright.
No, they are giving you a free out and punishing people ONLY when they have literally zero spacial or situational awareness. Now any idiot can chug a potion and dodge fireballs while doing so.

>Yes, you can cancel out of them.
You cannot genuinely defend this beyond this point.
>But you don't get the full heal
Do you get ANY heal? This is already ridiculous.
>and you've wasted an item in doing so, of which you only have a limited quantity
Again, have you ever played MH before? There are grass and blue mushrooms in every stage from the start of the game to the very end, with the only exclusions being special stages made specifically for Elder Dragons. Not to mention the pocketfuls of Mega Potions, Honey to turn your regular Potions into Mega Potions, Ancient Potion, and Max Potions. If you can cancel an attack AT ALL, you are legitimately capable of dodging a deadly attack you were stupid enough to try healing in front of, getting a portion of life out of it, and going absolutely unpunished beyond "Hurr one of my potions healed slightly less!" How anybody, short of an actual Capcom shill or simply a blind Sonybro who never plays MH, can defend this, is beyond me.
>>
>>383195565
Seriously what were they thinking with those flying healing bugs everywhere in MHW?
>>
>>383194178
>>383193671
>>383194370
>>383194434
>>383194459
>>383194491
>>383194574
>>383194915
>Healing while moving
>Its overtime
>getting hit while would outright kill you or waste a potion and end up with even less health
>slow as dks3 estus walk when not sprinting.

>stationary heal
>instant
>can tank monster hits and get a net health gain

>first heal is casual shit

So this....is the power....of nu/v/......
>>
Fightanfag here
If your favorite genre of games is getting dumbed down and changed to "appeal to a wider audience", then I'm truly sorry for all of you. I know how it feels. There will be other games within the genre that do the formula better or in a way that appeals to you more if MHW really does end up shit compared to past games.
>>
>>383195867
>ignoring the fact that you can dodge roll out of the heal animation in MHW
>>
>>383195923
Will MHW be the SFV of Monster Hunter?
>>
>>383195923
>There will be other games within the genre that do the formula better or in a way that appeals to you more if MHW really does end up shit compared to past games.
There aren't that many games that play like MH, really. And the few that try are kinda shitty.
>>
File: 1400219425238.jpg (228KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1400219425238.jpg
228KB, 1200x900px
>>383195867
>First
>Getting hit may or may not kill you
>You can literally still avoid attacks while chugging potions
>"Over time" is nowhere near as long as you make it out to be, and frankly seems just as long as the original healing animation, but with mobility
>You can literally dodge cancel out of the animation and avoid all repercussions

>Second
>Not instant at all, especially with the silly little dance animation
>Getting hit while in any stage of the animation immediately knocks you down, and if you're fighting any monster that isn't a regular Jaggi, you are liable to be in a fatal position anyways
>>
>>383196057
Is that even confirmed or just false information and outright lies that /v/ has been parroting since the games announcement?
>>
>>383194915
Ultimately I worded it poorly. I am aware those things existed, but because I made mention of them in different posts I began simplifying the terminology I was using.

You could only have up to two monsters show up simultaneously prior, even if up to five could show up overall in SPECIAL CHALLENGE MISSIONS. Furthermore the health values of monsters in multi-monster quests were grossly altered to make them much quicker to kill.

3-5 can show up SIMULTANEOUSLY in MHW, and are presumably about as altered as you might expect out of one of 3U or 4U's free hunts, which is to say not very if at all.

Hunt-a-thons are a little different. That's only a single monster. These will all, or at least mostly, be different ones. You're not having to contest with multiple different monsters, some of which may be outside of your equipment grade or resistant to your element.
>>
File: 1398401144486.webm (3MB, 720x440px) Image search: [Google]
1398401144486.webm
3MB, 720x440px
>>383195465
>I exclusively hunt G-Rank solo with LR Bone weapons naked because it makes a good situational anecdote on /v/

Fascinating.
>>
>>383196057
But that's sort of wastes an oh so valuable potion. How will I do that 100 times per hunt? Also, anyone else hoping they remove the timer before release? I'm so sick of running out of time in every quest.
>>
>>383196203
I haven't been playing as long as some others in the thread, but I've found some MH clones that were pretty fun to me. Soul Sacrifice Delta was a lot of fun, and Tokiden seemed pretty cool as well. However, it's true neither reached the same level as a real MH game for me.

I see it this way: if MHW turns out bad, another dev has a golden opportunity to capture that fanbase with a focus on established gameplay mechanics and good level design.
>>
>>383196365
Eh?
Did he fuck up a dodge or was there actually nothing she could do?
Or was that a 1 in a million thing?
>>
>>383196409
I for one am frankly tired of Capcom's tyranny with this. I also hope that they remove Sharpness, as I am tired of lugging around all of these Whetstones and dealing with these painfully long sharpening animations. I'd ask for them to get rid of small monsters as well, so I can consume potions in peace, but sadly the trailer has already confirmed that they are in. Oh well.
>>
>>383196328
We already know you can do so, even gaijinhunter and others talked about it.
>>383196409
So what? Let's compare healing gone wrong.

>old MH
>at 30% HP
>heal
>get hit, maybe net HP gain of 5% if any gain at all, might be worse off than before

>new MH
>at 30% HP
>heal
>see monster is about to attack me, roll out of it and dodge it
>cancelled my heal midway but am now at 45% HP at least and safe
>>
>no more separate sets for Blademasters and Gunners
I'm gonna miss the alternate look of the Gunner armors
>>
>>383196619
>yfw it's Blizzard
>>
>>383196656
She panic dodged away from the Brachy instead of into it. If she rolled into the attack, she would have avoided it, and it would be forced to turn around to face her again. Admittedly that was some fucking brilliant timing on part of the Brachy, but she could have survived that attack string.
>>
>>383196716
I'm gonna miss having more than 20 sets to choose from.
>>
>>383196716
I'm gonna miss transmog.
Back to clownsuiting or wearing a full good looking set but having trash for skills I guess.
>>
>>383163490
It would make sense to be able to restock at camps BETWEEN Hunts.
Apparently you can pick up new Hunts while at camp.
>>
>>383194329

>Just back to camp

Didn't you see when the Hunter in the gameplay literally fast travelled back to were the monster was?
>>
File: DAzp26NVwAA1w6R.jpg large.jpg (648KB, 1823x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DAzp26NVwAA1w6R.jpg large.jpg
648KB, 1823x2048px
Who here /true hunter/?

Gonna be so good. TV + controller... can't wait.
>>
>>383196209
The original heal is pretty instant. You get the full healing effect around halfway into the animation. In MHW you have to abide the full animation to get the full effect.

Honestly it's better and worse in certain ways. For a second, let's put aside whether you actually should or should not be getting hit while chugging a potion with regards to experience and skill.

>Get hit during first half of the animation
Old system: Potion remains unused to try again, but don't have that extra health buffer to tank a hit.
New system: Have probably half or less of the potion effect to buffer the hit, reducing the damage somewhat and reducing the likelihood of carting from eating a hit while drinking the potion, but lose the rest of the potion altogether.

>Get hit after the first half of the animation
Old system: Got the full potion effect to tank the hit.
New system: You've got more of the potion effect, but probably closer to 75-85% of it, and still lose that extra amount.

With regards to getting hit during the potion usage animation, the new system is less forgiving than the old one. Being able to move around to get the full effect makes sense, although if that were all then being able to move about as much as you do when sheathing in Gen would make sense, maybe slightly more, not this. However, if... IF! If the devs are being truthful in calling the monsters more dangerous than ever, than it would be warranted. It's a pretty big if, especially noting that the Anjanath is probably more of an early-to-mid-game monster, but if it does come to pass that it is truthful, then it has been balanced out.

...Besides all the challenge is in the endgame anyhow, it's not really like people care about new monsters when they're just gonna look up the key quests and bypass as much content as possible to get to the grinding portion of the game.
>>
>>383196714
Hm, they've only shown that tutorial anja shitter enemy yeah?
They could be doing what dks3 did
Dark souls 2 was a slow paced game with a slow heal
Dks3 was speed up and with a faster heal but that didn't work out so well.

Can you chug potions?
Can you roll anytime during the animation?
Does cancelling before you get the heal waste a potion?
>>
>>383197530
>STILL ignoring that you can just roll out of the new heal in MHW
kill yourself
>>
>>383192907
The same people that have been complaining for most of this thread
Pure, unadulterated, Dragonator wasting, triple carting scrubs
>>
>>383194106
Can't get any easier than they were in Tri
>>
>>383197367
Why is capcom being so fucking cheap with nintendo? so far the only capcom games for the Switch are ports. Can't they make at least one new game?
>>
>>383197530
And in doing so waste the potion. You seriously drop it on the floor. You can't sustain that. It's an oh shit panic feature at absolute worst, not something anyone with any level of skill is going to use with any regularity.

It literally does not affect you in any way, except for the potential to create an environment wherein pubs won't die as often during a hunt.
>>
>>383197972
Thank god the environment is full of mini dragonators now. I just never could do enough damage without that extra edge.
>>
fuck nintendo
glad it's on sony
>>
>>383198292
This post was meant for >>383197650.

Dodge cancelling out of using a potion has a repercussion - you're wasting items.
>>
I haven't played Monster Hunter, but isn't the removal of loading screens a good thing?
>>
>>383198246
Well the guy who leaked MHW also recently said that there is a big internal struggle at Capcom because they are frantically working on a new Switch MH now.

MHW came into development long before the Switch was a thing at all and now that it's such a success in japan Capcom is trying all they can, scrambling about to make something happen for it apparently.
But I don't know, we'll see eventually. One thing is for sure, they can't afford to not have any handheld MHs anymore really.
>>
>>383195313
I'd just import it at that point.
>>
>>383198410
You would think so and yeah it makes it more immersive, but the loading screens that took a second have now been replaced with countless narrow corridors you have to run through which takes a lot longer every time
>>
>>383197101
Fuck off back to WoW
>>
>>383198246
Sony is paying them in a sad attempt to sell PS4s in Japan.

>>383198410
They've been replaced with QTEs or long corridors that will get very tedious in a game that expects you to repeat quests and will likely only have four maps.
>>
>>383198410
For the oldest veterans, we were largely pretty used to loading screens and saw a certain level of value in them - for example, if you were backed into a corner you could zone out and be safe from the monster.

In a level design sense, loading screens meant that they could warp you across what would be, visually speaking, a rather huge space of fairly useless terrain into the other, more interesting arenas, cutting down on the tedium of travel time, especially when you consider how cancerous it is that some monsters can bypass area transition barriers that for you might only be one-way, or even have their own monster-exclusive shortcuts, forcing you to take circuitous routes to catch back up to them.
>>
>>383198663
>>383198732
>>383198787
Sounds awful, thanks for the information.
>>
>>383198690
Explain to us how not having transmog and being forced to see 49329405 silverlos clownsuiters all the time is a good thing.

Explain to us how less monsters being actively hunted in the "endgame" due to people not needing or wanting their mats for any reason is a good thing.
>>
>>383197650
Yes, and you stop healing if you do

I always specced Speed Eating+2 anyway, fuck those animations
>>
>>383186572
There's always been an armor skill which lets you know when a monster has reached "Capture Health"
Now that seems to be either a default ability or attached to scout flies.
>>
>>383198536
Oh for sure. MHW is western-focused for now but there's no possibility at all they're going to neglect portable MH altogether.

Keep in mind that the MT frameworks, which World runs on, has been confirmed to work surprisingly well on the Switch. Looking at what the Wii U could do with certain games, and looking at how much stronger the Switch is, I have few doubts that Switch could handle World.

They might have to turn down some of the graphical settings to make it work but they could probably fit it on. I predict we'll see it in another year or two, or maybe its G-version if we're going back to the old trend of the first entry of a new generation starting on console and ending on portable.
>>
>>383198732
>Sony is paying them in a sad attempt to sell PS4s in Japan.

You're retarded. Did you really expect them to start making a game for the switch before they even knew it existed?
It's been a multiplat since its inception.
The only reason it's exclusive for the PS4 in japan is because fucking everything is exclusive for the PS4 there. They don't buy xbones or gaming PCs.
>>
>>383198985
You misunderstood, I don't think you shouldn't be able to change what your armour looks like while keeping it's Stats and Skills
I think you're a shithead because you play WoW and would like you to fuck off back there and stick to /vg/ in the future
>>
>>383198986
Not him but personally I always went with Speed Sharpening, and made do with Felyne Polisher if I couldn't fit it on. Because fuck that sharpening speed. Holy shit.

Potions were short enough for me to be able to make them fit. Sharpening was an unholy cancer though.
>>
>>383199214
I've never played wow and I like transmog, I don't see why people playing the game to unlock cosmetic features is a bad thing.
>>
>>383199214
Are you some kind of retard?
>>
Personally I always felt that total availability transmog was a little over the top as I always saw the value in your armour reflecting what you've got equipped, visually.

What I've been a proponent of was Familial Transmog - that is to say, being able to alter an armour's visual aesthetic to anything in that monster 'family'. For example, relic armour designs, or EX armour designs, or subspecies armour designs, or simply being able to swap between blademaster and gunner armour designs, but only of that monster's species. Like being able to turn a G-rank Silver Los Blademaster Chest into a Low Rank Red Los Gunner Chest.
>>
>>383199716
Maybe even male rathalos blademaster chest into female rathalos blademaster chest
>>
>>383199716
The only cosmetic option I want in Monster Hunter is the ability to toggle helmet visibility on and off.
Whats the point of playing a Twintails magical girl if no one can see your hair?
>>
>>383199314
Agreed, I don't need defence or attack or any of that shit, what I need is for my fucking animations to not take forever
Who cares about optimisation, it makes the game more fun
>>
>>383199716
That's how I do most of my sets already so I'd be fine with that. Swapping gunner and blademaster would be a godsend for some sets.
>>
>>383199957
I would like an ability for full helmets on girls too
I usually play girl but I'm jealous of males getting closed visors
>>
File: Get Smoked.jpg (285KB, 1220x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Get Smoked.jpg
285KB, 1220x1440px
>>383199431
The cosmetic features aren't the bad thing, people playing WoW is, fuck that game, fuck Blizzard and fuck each and every motherfucker that gives them money

>>383199515
Yes, but I don't play WoW so at least I'm better than you
>>
>>383199957
I just want an option to be able to properly close the helmets of female hunters or cover up their fucking thighs.

Why the fuck do 95% of female armours look like goddamn cosplay.

Like, I'm fine with skimpy armour existing, but why do ALL FEMALE ARMOURS EVER FOREVER HAVE TO BE STRIPPER VERSIONS OF MALE ARMOURS.

Fucking note a specific armour set as "make it skimpy" or "make it protective" for BOTH sexes, instead of "make the female version look like a sex worker".
>>
>>383200324
I don't play WoW, but whatever you are trying to do here, have fun I guess
>>
>>383200389
Blizzard is one of the largest cancers in the video game industry, when you make your games specifically to make them addictive with the same tactics used by gambling venues you should be reviled, not given all of the money in the world

I always have fun
>>
File: 1310159091773.jpg (174KB, 580x480px) Image search: [Google]
1310159091773.jpg
174KB, 580x480px
>>383200721
Okay?
>>
I like the little tidbit that you actually go inside the tent and do stuff, instead of just being a background decoration.
>>
>>383196948
Probably would have also lived if she dodged that first attack.
>>
>>383200834
Goddamn it man, take some fucking bait already holy shit
>>
>>383198246
Compare the Switch's current install base with the PS4 or even the fucking Xbone and you'll see why.
>>
>>383201907
That generally doesn't apply to Monster Hunter, a game for which 85% of the fanbase exists in Japan.
>>
>>383202178
Which is why its only coming out on PS4 in Japan.
>>
I can't wait for this game to come out. It's gonna be so fun man.
>>
>>383202178
Why did the PS2, Wii, and 3DS all get MH games then? Charity?
>>
>>383202668
All of those have huge install bases in Japan, no?
>>
>>383203221
Pretty safe bet. The guy I originally replied to doesn't seem to get that, though.
>>
>>383161858
are they ever going to put this game on a real console? Concept is intriguing but I'm afraid I'm not autistic enough to purchase a Switch or a DS
>>
>>383202661
Me too, most of my friends have ps4s as well even my normie friends are interested in it.
>>
>>383205130
>are they ever going to put this game on a real console?
Next year. I can feel it
>>
Why do people complain about things lookign easier or casualized before they've played it thoroughly? If a game is made more accessible but, at its hardest, is at least just as challenging as any title before, then is there really a problem? Everyone here crying MH is dead needs to stop sperging. It's honestly funny; in any other situation you'd never see anyone complain about things being more convenient.
>>
>>383205130
PS4 isn't a real console?
>>
>>383205320
You know that /v/ goes on a fucking witch hunt with every trailer of gameplay, picking out how shit a game is from the tiniest snippets of gameplay.

Dues Ex was pretty funny because everyone was ragging on it until a demo came out and then everyone shut the fuck up when it turned out decent.
>>
File: 1498330558439.png (275KB, 592x2230px) Image search: [Google]
1498330558439.png
275KB, 592x2230px
>>383205320
Most of the complaints come from Switch owners.
>>
>>383163008
>grabbling
It's grappling you retard
>>
>>383205130
>The PC
>Not the only real console

>Other consoles
>Not pathetic attempts to imitate something better

If consoles weren't low tier PCs for idiots then games would be made on them instead of PCs
>>
>>383196686

Personally, I hate the way that monster drops are random, it really sucks that I have to fight the same thing more than once to get its armor
>>
>>383161858
How in the fuck is this anything but an annoyance?
>>
File: they ate the bait.png (81KB, 624x628px) Image search: [Google]
they ate the bait.png
81KB, 624x628px
>>383205278
>>383205345
>>383206587
>>
File: Monster-Hunter-4-screen-01.jpg (59KB, 586x352px) Image search: [Google]
Monster-Hunter-4-screen-01.jpg
59KB, 586x352px
anyone else feel they should tone down mounting and make it rare?
the 3ds games were like a 4 player rodeo
>>
>A-ALL MHW ATTACLERS ARE NINTENDO USERS
!!!
>A-ALL MHW APOLOGISTS ARE SONY USERS!!!
I fucking hate MHW for the retarded amount of console shitflinging that happened to comfy MH threads
Why this franchise of all things
>>
>And PC at a later date
STOP BRIBING DEVELOPERS, SONY. REEEEEEE
>>
>>383208569
>MH never came out on Vita
How much did Nintendo pay?
>>
>>383187772
Gets hip checked into a loading screen

Monster specifically fights right next to or on the other side of the load barrier

Still wanting this after years of bullshit.
Go eat a dick.
>>
>>383187812
Hunters can scale mountains and carry 500lbs of gear and fight underwater.

Nigga I can reload on the move while shooting irl.

If anything they'll up the difficulty to compensate.
>>
>>383161858
Monster Hunter World whiners are fucking garbo casuals. Wait for it to come out you goddamn cucks.
Thread posts: 301
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.