[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are game developers today such fucking idiots? I'm so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: games-2.jpg (34KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
games-2.jpg
34KB, 500x348px
Why are game developers today such fucking idiots? I'm so sick of potentially good games being ruined by awful decisions.

When are they going to start listening to the people who actually play the fucking games? Or get a fucking clue about what people want vs. what they don't want?
>>
>>383154023
it's because you the players now have far more say in how things are and should be done, than you used to back in those times you consider "golden years"
>>
>>383154023

Because back then it was about making a good game and hoping it made money.

Now its about making money and hoping its a good game.
>>
>>383154576
>>383154807
Both of these
>>
why aren't you making games?
>>
They don't really listen to feedback enough. I remember when New Vegas was being made Sawyer and Avellone were on the Bethesda forums constantly answering questions and talking to people about the game and it really shows with the final product. Meanwhile Todd and them can't be bothered with talking to the unwashed masses and we got FO4.
>>
>>383154023
>Ubisoft will never make an Assassins Creed game set in feudal Japan
This right here is what pisses me off the most.
>>
>>383155429
Are you kidding me? Of course they will. That's cash in the bank.
>>
>>383155429
Tenchu already exists.
>>
>>383154576
>>383154807
I'm so sick of it. There's no such thing as quality control anymore or user feedback. Just crap in a bag and watch the money roll in.
>>
>>383154023
it's not game devs, it's mgmt
>>
Isn't game developing a job you need strong passions to work in because of how unfair and difficult the working conditions are?
>>
>>383154023
Maybe you should stop whining like an entitled cunt and start making your own games, then.
>>
>>383156667
Yep. I'd commit suicide.

Shit's retarded when a game's close to release.
>>
> Why are game developers today such fucking idiots

because good people usually work in more respectable jobs

> When are they going to start listening to the people who actually play the fucking games?

they listen to they dumb playtesters that can't even solve an elementary school level physics puzzle or find the objective without having a huge arrow pointing at it, most gamers are retarded it's a tough fact to swallow

> Or get a fucking clue about what people want vs. what they don't want?

if i can learn what people want in videogames based on what mods come out and people download to these said games it's probably best that devs won't listen to the community too much
>>
>>383154023
Because passion is dead and most companies got auctioned off to shareholders and other dumb faggots.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.