[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kaplan be like: >Tease new Overwatch hero >Big, Strong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (188KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
188KB, 1280x720px
Kaplan be like:

>Tease new Overwatch hero
>Big, Strong and has the Infinity Gauntlet from Marvel
>His name is Doomfist
>Old Spice persona and award-winning actor offers to voice hero
>"It would be a dream to land this role."

A few months later...

>Drop the ball that a new hero is coming out
>Not the one they've teased for months, but a little Somalian girl with a robot
>Iron Giant-centaur bullshit
>meh
>Change layout of a map to reintroduce Doomfist
>Still doesn't come out.
>GoT flashbacks to dragons

One-year anniversary...

>"Okay, for realsies, he's on his way."
>Terry shows up at Blizzard and does amazing Doomfist impression
>The hype is rekindled
>Terry please...

Release the Kraken...

>Gets a dope as fuck anime intro plus immediate launch on PC

>NO TERRY CREWS

>Instead, get a lesser known black actor to voice Doomfist because he is also black and an actor.
>Compared to Terry, looks nothing like the character or has the energy of Terry Crews.

What could've been one of the greatest and funniest Overwatch heroes of all time just got turned into a fucking Luke Cage ripoff.

Thanks, Kaplan.
>>
>>383147591
Kieth david would have been a pretty neat doomfist desu
>>
>>383147736
There is a list of actors who would've been far better, Idris Elba being one of them.
>>
What? You don't love the iconic character of Cinematicgenericvillainman MacMonologue?
>>
File: zrd5BQrW7EM.jpg (63KB, 608x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zrd5BQrW7EM.jpg
63KB, 608x1080px
>>383147591
People are eating it up and game still prints money for them so they don't care, but sometimes doing vlogs to remind people they are still "good guys".
Stopped playing it for months, playing R6 now it's kinda fun, but I think I will drop it soon too because even Operation Health can't save that awful netcode
>>
There is no doubt in my mind Terry would have been way more expensive than whichever va they ended up going with. Especially considering he would need to come back to record new lines any time there was a major update.

There is a reason games like this cast almost exclusively unknowns
>>
They need to deepen the pitch of the voice actor for DoomFist. Or Give him a omnic voice effect to lower it.
>>
File: 1472447441256.png (261KB, 551x536px) Image search: [Google]
1472447441256.png
261KB, 551x536px
>>383148264
Pigshit
>>
File: 1470852519605.jpg (153KB, 600x652px) Image search: [Google]
1470852519605.jpg
153KB, 600x652px
>>383150170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUnglD5-h9A

Something around this tone.
>>
The literallywho is probably a lot cheaper to hire. Despite what every blizzard shill ever believes they dont fucking care about what the fans want..they want those money...so buy those starcraft and warcraft remake base and units skins for 4,99 and maybe they will tease *insert favourite actor here* and then let the intern do it
>>
>People think Doomfist is humourless and super serious

>From his voicelines he's a charismatic intelligent bond villain who is not afraid of making puns.
>>
File: doomfist.jpg (105KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
doomfist.jpg
105KB, 630x630px
>>383149868
People think it's easy for a game always updating to have a AAA hollywod star
>>
>>383150532
It's easy when the AAA hollywood star WANTS to.
>>
>>383150532
>terry
>AAA Hollywood star
nice meme
>>
>>383147974
I never considered him, but Idris Elba would have been amazing.
>>
>>383150634
No it's not, because even if he wants to, Blizzard is still at the mercy of his schedule. Even if they had the money (they don't), there would still be the problem of scheduling. If cruise is working on a movie or doing a press tour, and blizzard wants to release a new update, they would either need to postpone it until Terry is good and ready, or not give him any new voice lines, which fans would definitely react horribly to since he would be the biggest star in the game. There is no simple way to assure that a star like him would always be ready unlike the D and C listers they get for everyone else
>>
>>383151660
>actiblizzard
>doesn't have the money

???????????????????????????????
>>
>>383150532
>Terry Crewes
>AAA Hollywood star
I mean he carried White Chicks but let's not get carried away
>>
>>383151806
To hire a big name actor to do a single voice of over 20 characters for the forseeable future? No, they don't. Especially if Cruise only gets more and more popular, and is forced to raise his rate. It's simply not worth the money even if they could afford him right now.

Really the biggest part is realizing he would be voicing the character until Overwatch stops getting updates, so at the bare minimum ~10 years. Its just not a wise investment
>>
>>383150379
>charismatic and intelligent bond villain
>named DOOMFIST
>dresses like a spear chucker
Face it dude this character is all over the place, it's trash.
>>
>>383152096
>doesn't have the money

is not the same as

>isn't worth the money

hope this helps, and have a nice day!
>>
>>383152278
Both. I'm sure they have the money for the initial voice lines, but considering the game is constantly updating, and he's only getting more popular, that could change real fast.

It's like you ignored most of my post for some reason.
>>
>>383147591
you forgot the part that he visits blizzard and takes a picture with a giant overwatch logo behind him, after the "dude, i would love to be in overwatch, wink, wink" tweet, that was the biggest redflag.
>>
>>383147974
>Idris
might as well just leave the Doomfist va that we already have
I love Idris but there's no point
>>
>>383152191
>an African super villain dresses like an African stereotype
Woah
Also he is charismatic if you listen to the voice lines. Not like anyone on /v/ has even played the game.
>>
>>383147591
>black
>bald
>thug
>escape jail
>fight man

Truly the height of original
>>
Doomfist looks boring as hell designwise. We need more heroes with sick masks
>>
>>383150375
honestly i feel like terry would have done it for free.
>>
File: Taokaka.gif (85KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Taokaka.gif
85KB, 100x100px
>>383152665
My point isn't that any one of those things are bad. My point is that having a character that's simultaneously campy as hell with the name, dresses like an african planes hunter AND talks like a bond villain makes no goddamn sense. That's not even counting that all the stuff they did with Terry and the images of the previous Doomfists clearly painted an image in people's mind of what he was supposed to be like.
>>
>boring outfit
>"LOOK AT ME I AM DE CAPTAIN" voice acting
>Overwatch

Three strikes.
>>
>>383149868
they think blizz already has the year planned ahead, so they would make him record what's coming for this year and maybe even test audio for stuff in the back burner like all those data mined event voice lines and interactions people kept finding long before those events happened
and it's not out of the real of possibility to record from his home or sign a contract that could force him to keep coming back every major future update that requires major recordings, also Terry isn't that high profiled, I'm sure he has more than enough time to voice a character besides his tv show or his commercials which he kept coming back to record with the towel guy, hell he's doing it now with crackdown or probably already finished recording by the time he made the overwatch tweet.
Terry seems to like doing small gigs and video game voice acting is an easy paycheck
>>
>>383153643
*I think blizz
>>
>>383153253
I agree
Hard to have any decent threads on this with /pol/ injecting into everyting on /v/
>>
>>383154221
Agreed, I hate agendas and sjws as much as the next guy but it's out of control.

E3 was especially frustrating because of them. Almost every thread was we wuz kangs or look at all the black people in video games, wtf is wrong with the industry!?

I can still see the ripples
>>
File: Terry-Crews-Overwatch-Doomfist.jpg (77KB, 498x532px) Image search: [Google]
Terry-Crews-Overwatch-Doomfist.jpg
77KB, 498x532px
>>383152630
Holy fuck thats right!
>>
>>383152478
sigh... sorry, meant to give you the shoutout.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.