[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is alchemy in this game so fucking simple? You make a potion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg (57KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
57KB, 292x414px
Why is alchemy in this game so fucking simple? You make a potion or an oil once, and then never have to make it again. As long as you have alcohol, you will NEVER run out of potions, and oil never gets used up, for some reason.

I somewhat enjoyed gathering ingredients for potions in games with alchemy, and this dumbs it down and makes looking for plants seem redundant since you don't ever need to find them after the first time you make their potion or oil.
>>
Like so many things wrong with modern gaming:
Streamlined for the "wider" console audiences, who all seem to be ADHD action-game kids these days.

Witcher "series" got shit right after the first one.
>>
Play Witcher 1.
>>
I somewhat like the idea of alcohol replenishing potions, but just wish it worked differently. Like, you could choose to refill with alcohol, but those potions would be diluted and have weaker effects. Eventually you wouldn't be able to refill at all, and would have to remake it.
>>
>>383144302
They went full AssCreed

1>2>>>>>>>>>>>3
>>
Appealing to lowest common denominator gamers, same reason places of power are completely fool proof now.

Also, worst part of alchemy is that you have to pause the game in combat constantly to pop ones you don't have equipped.
>>
Its not just the alchemy. Skill tree is pretty bland. Crafting anything aside from witcher gear is pointless. Collecting loot/treasures is useless when they're shit you end up selling or some sword/armor you already have.
>get "relic" sword/armor
>there's another copy with better stats from a chest in the middle of the ocean
>>
>>383144302
Witcher 3 is a fucking casual garbage made for console players. Game peaked at W1 but W2 was already consolized for it's X360 port.
Literally everything was nailed in W1, it just needed more polish and minor improvements, also making combat more action paced and less of a rhythm game.
In W3 game does everything for you, potions refill themselves and you just spam them and food/drinks during fight to recover health.
In W2 you had retarded preparation system and shitty consolized UI that made everything a chore.
In W1 everything was perfectly balanced. Consuming anything/putting oils etc. had animation so you still could do it in combat but it was a great risk. Also alchemy was actually fun because you could mix ingredients and alchemist elements to create your own potions, or have different recipes for the same stuff.
Witcher 3 went full normie for retarded american audience, especially with the story.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/the-witcher-series/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/story-locations-and-characters-discussion-spoilers/48878-analysis-with-witcher-3-cdpr-no-longer-treat-the-players-like-adults-spoilers
>>
>crossbow bolts are harder to make compared to potions that require specific herbs
loving every laugh
>>
>>383146281
FUCKING THIS

I just did the quest with the witch, fought the Wild Hunt boss in the Elven ruins, took his sword, and found a better one in the town down the road.
>>
>>383146281
WEARING anything aside from witcher gear is pointless since 90% of the armor in the game is fuck ugly.
>>
>red skull enemy guarding treasure
>spend an hour killing it
>get shit exp
>treasure is a bunch of materials and a shitty looking armor
Really activates your almonds
>>
>Be moving to next quest marker
>Pass through town
>See notice board
>Decide to pick up a contract
>Check contract level
>Level 22

I'm only level 5. Why are you not allowed to check the level of a contract BEFORE you take the notice?
>>
>>383147272
Witcher 3 has no open world. It's just a big map full of useless shit added just to fill the empty space.
There are not even random encounters like in Skyrim. Once you clear an area, it will stay empty forever.
>>
>>383147631
you don't have to do it right away
>>
>>383147758
I just hate having a bunch of sidequests sitting in my log that I can't touch. I'd rather the notice boards only have quests that are near your level.
>>
>>383144302
I actually quite like that feature, it is a total pain in the arse having to trawl around looking for ingredients again once you use something once. It is a fair criticism though, I can see why some people wouldn't like that.
>>
>>383146490
>can't sell crossbow bolts for some reason
>can't use these level 20 bolts because I"m only level 15
>can either drop them or leave them in storage
>use them when I'm level 20
>they're useless
>>
>>383148070
They had to do auto-refills since they changed how plants work. Now its all about the plant itself instead of its substance or whatever. You know, to make it so casuals don't have to think and just hoard everything.
>>
>>383148161
>>can either drop them or leave them in storage
You can leave them in storage. Crossbows were pretty shit to be fair though
>>
>>383147272
I can only imagine how activated your almonds were/will be after that fucking elf blacksmith quest then
>>
>>383148498
>my greatest work!
>shit stats
>have the diagram for the same sword but it has a higher level requirement
He's pretty overrated for a blacksmith. Just like the game
>>
>>383147652
At least play the game before shitposting
>>
Yes, it's a bit casual, but it's a bit harder to find the ingredients for more advanced tonics or enhanced versions of the same potions and oils. I kind of like how many ingredients there are and how they act on a gradient scale of breaking down items to find it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.