[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever had a game you thought was absolute shit until you actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: Unbenannt.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Ever had a game you thought was absolute shit until you actually made an effort?

I thought this was unplayable becouse of the RNG and all the shit it kept throwing at me.
I restarted over and over again, i kept getting my ass kicked.
Now, after reading up what items to use on the curios and which classes work well in the different dungeons this is actually turning into a fun game.
I´m at week 46 now and only lost 4 pawns so far. Crimson Curse is not that bad either becouse your entire roster gets cured after clearing a quest in the courtyard.
>>
>Dismas
You better restart, nigger.
>>
>>383143323
I don´t care about achievments.
>>
What class is that at the bottom?
>>
>>383143323
I thought it would be fun to see if i could get Reynaud and Dismas to the end
But the cheevo says you have to beat the *final quest* with them

shit man what if they aren't the best characters for the job

Also, is there some mod to freeze experience gain whenever you want it? I get level restrictions making it so you cant power level but its completely possible to, like, overtrain your whole roster to the point where you can't even get past a quest boss because literally all your dudes cannot even enter the dungeon...
>>
>>383143986
Seer.
Class mod by Exaelus. I think he made the only ones that work fine with the dlc.
>>
>>383144559
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934967620&searchtext=Exaelus
>>
I am convinced that anyone that bitches about RNG in Darkest Dungeon must be utter shit at prioritizing, risk management and spares no thought in learning who to bring, what skills to slot and adequate supplies for the dungeon they're going for.
>>
>>383144417
there is a mod to remove the restriction. also you can fire your guys anytime you want to make space for fresh meat.

Not for me though i like it the way it works vanilla.
>>
>>383144875
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.
>>
>Now, after reading up ..
>....this is actually turning into a fun game.
Great so it wasn't fun, but you skipped enough of the endless trial and error by using guides to make it playable.
That sounds like a shit game to me anon.
>>
File: 1481122071429.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1481122071429.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>>383145558
>>
>>383145558
Thats a rather shallow look at things.
The game requires you to read up the rules to play it. It just never tells you.
Almost ruined that game for me.
>>
>>383146029
What rules? Everything you could need is readily presented in-game.
>>
>>383146029
>The game requires you to read up the rules to play it. It just never tells you.
That's trash game design in my mind, completely ruins any sense of accomplishment or discovery.
>>
>>383145558
>Shitters like these like to blame RNG for them being shit
>>
File: 1497751440257.jpg (78KB, 473x501px) Image search: [Google]
1497751440257.jpg
78KB, 473x501px
>>383146246
Rules like which items/classes/trinkets are most useful under certain circumstances. The metagame if you want to call it that. Which can change rather quickly becouse rng which keeps things interesting imo.
>>
>>383146259
You are not supposed to feel accomplished. Everything you do is meaningless becouse everyone dies at the end and the big bad wins anyway.
Now excuse me, i have to try and build a group that can take on my first champion dungeon.
>>
>>383146607
Most of the dungeons follow particular themes that you should really have learned after an easy short run or two, like the Ruins having a lot of undead resistant to bleed and the Weald having lots of Blight inflicting enemies, absolutely nothing you would need to delve into a guide for.
>>
>>383147282
Yes the resistance stuff is obvious.
But its sometimes kinda hard to tell which enemy to takedown first after being suprised, moved and stunned in the dark becouse you thought it might be worth a try to bring less torches.
>>
>>383147730
There isn't exactly a huge variety of enemies in a particular area, if you're at a point where you're confident in bringing less torches how do you not already know what each enemy is capable of?
>>
>>383146953
Thanks for the spoiler asshole. I just started the fucking game.
>>
>>383146607
Find the shit out on your own you fool
>>
>>383148043
Thats the thing. When i started out, well guess what, i didn´t know jack about the game.

I was getting my ass kicked becouse i didn´t really bother. So i said fuck it, one last chance and checked which curios need which items. I got alot more stuff and could keep my pawns sane. Also i figured out some nice party compossitions.
I´m trying to tell you, that with a little more info even a shitter like me can have a good time with this game.
>>
>>383148329
Go fuck yourself. This isnt the 80s anymore. We have the Internet with all the info and trial and error isnt fun.
>>
I generally consider myself a retard but I never found darkest dungeon to be particularly obtuse. I didn't love it but I didn't find myself floundering and in need of a guide to understand the game.

Then again I guess it's just what you're used to. I tried God of war 3 recently and when I wasn't dying of boredom, I was shouting at the screen because I didn't understand how to work out which combos were most efficient against a given enemy, I gave up after the giant scorpion boss and gave the disc to a friend. I can imagine people who are used to that genre can quickly work out efficient strategies like I could with dd.
>>
>>383149906
You could just have watched that particular fight online to see how someone else does it.
This might help you improve your playstyle without handholding you like a full guide.
>>
>>383143124
>buy Bloodborne 2 years ago at release
>fail to make it halfway to Gascoigne
>call it poorly designed horseshit for awhile
>try again later
>pay attention to stamina economy
>learn how to time dodges
>figure out how to check corners and take exploration slowly
>beat the main game in 3 days
It's 10/10 as far as I'm concerned. I actually even enjoy Chalice Dungeons now. Except Undead Giant. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>383143124

DD is the opposite of that though

It's interesting when you're still trying to figure it out but then you realize there's fuck all content and you'll be fighting the same handful of enemies and bosses the same exact way for the 50 or so hours it takes to grind up enough people to finally do the darkest dungeon
>>
>>383150106
All you needed to do was git gud.
Do you see that now?
>>
>>383150054
I don't see the value in that though. If someone else does the strategizing then I just feel like a machine relaying someone else's inputs. Plus the fact that I got half way through the penultimate chapter without really understanding the game suggests to me that should have quit hours before.
>>
>>383150227
i´m in 33 Hours now. I´m still having a goodtime slowly leveling up my roster while upgrading my smith and guild. Also i still have some classes and trinkets to find or try out and i haven´t even seen all bosses yet. Also there are mods.

One of us is doing it wrong.
>>
>>383144417
>But the cheevo says you have to beat the *final quest* with them
They just need to enter the final mission, not even complete or survive it.
>>
File: unlimited-saga-3-1 (1).jpg (242KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
unlimited-saga-3-1 (1).jpg
242KB, 1024x768px
What about games that people think are shit but didn't make an effort in playing?
>>
>>383150768
I am a quitter, obviously. But I'd rather quit than copy someone else.

I still firmly believe that a game which lets you brute force your way to completion is a bad game though.
>>
>>383150512

>haven't seen all 10 or so bosses 33 hours in
>One of us is doing it wrong.

yes, and it's you my mobile game loving friend
>>
>>383143124
>Don't understand the game
>Must be shit
RNG only feels like bullshit when you get 4 blanket fire crits in a row, because dice rolls are the basis of the god damn game
>>
This game could have been good.
>>
>>383155938
You posted the same thing in the other thread, what are you trying to accomplish?
>>
>>383150947
I liked it. Fuck the haters. I just wish they'd port it to tablet, as the map movement system is perfect for a touch device.
>>
>>383155938
It could have been good, but for now it is great.
>>
>>383143124
Had a minor version of that today
>nostalgia trippin, wanna go back n play Crash Nitro Kart
>very dimly remember some special drifting mechanic
>"wtf? How am I supposed to do 50 consecutive boosts when boosts coming off a drift are so short?"
>after a few hours, realize boost length is longer if you wait till the bar hits near full instead of activating it as soon as it hits the required amount
>suddenly boosting for days
In my defense, I feel like if this was done in modern games they would do the Gears of War stop-the-bar-in-the-middle kinda thing. I forget that back then it was a simpler time and a full gauge was always the best thing.

Also yes CNK was the shit one, made me want to just go back to CTR anyway.
>>
>>383154103
>RNG only feels like bullshit when you get 4 blanket fire crits in a row
Good example of why this still isn't RNG to complain about. You should never let a Brigand Fusilier have a chance to use blanket fire 4 times unless you have completely debuffed his damage in which case you wouldn't care about crits.
>>
>>383159029
Crits cause stress.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.