[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I played a demo to FFXIII bac when it was released and thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

I played a demo to FFXIII bac when it was released and thought it was linear as fuck. I also hated the faggy Nomura designs.

As it's cheaper now, is the FFXIII trilogy worth picking up? Does it stay linear?
>>
>>383140859
>Does it stay linear?

It opens up a little halfway through, but dungeons are still linear.
>>
>>383140859
XIII really isn't as bad as people say.
I personally picked it up for dirt cheap couple years ago, despite having heard all sorts of shit about it.

The BEGINNING really didn't even try to prove all the bad claims about it wrong, but luckily, to my own surprise as well, the more I played, the more entertaining and hooking it became. It's not GOTYAY or best JRPG ever in any sense, but it's FAR from the "worst crap ever" -category. A solid 7/10 experience IMO.

The sequels fixed, expanded and improved many things, especially pacing and gameplay.
Up to you whether you like the direction they went with the plot and cast, but they're not hideous either. I found especially LR to be total blast, easily my 2014's GOTY. The 13-2 was simply fun, easily 8/10 at least.
>>
File: Farscape1x14.png (1MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Farscape1x14.png
1MB, 720x540px
>>383141160
>>383142534

Sweet. I'll pick it up and dive in.

I'm fresh off Nier Automata so keen to play more PC JRPGs. Still hoping for Lost Odyssey on PC though.
>>
>>383142856
LO is shit
>>
>>383143140

Explain.

Also, you're a complete fag.
>>
File: 1498809457499.jpg (318KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1498809457499.jpg
318KB, 1680x1050px
>>383142856
attaboy.
Some protips I can give especially for the 1st game is to 1) turn off the minimap. Especially at the start, and 2) learn off of the "Auto-Battle" spam as soon as possible. Manual attack combos + the REPEAT function are way more fun, versatile, and effective even.

If you live in burgerland, enable all the subtitles. There's a lot of story stuff that becomes (more) apparent via random chatter the characters may spew out out of the blue.
>>
>>383143202
Slow as shit battle system
Enemies that do tiny damage whilst having high hp to make battles last forever
Auto-res mechanic that makes any challenge the game has to offer redundant
Terribly generic story

inb4 'muh short stories'

It's a game that would be in the dustbin of history if it were released at any other time, but it was released at a similar time to ff13, so it's used as a stick to beat that game with despite being next to worthless
>>
>>383143885
>Slow as shit battle system
you should start your b8 with a less obvious lie.
>>
It's among the worse FF's, but not as bad as people make it out to be. The combat system at first I found atrocious, but the more I played it, the more I dug it.
>>
>>383144334
>say something obviously true
>it gets called an obvious lie
who's b8ing who?
>>
>>383144714
I'd like to know what kind of crazy drugs you have to consume to turn one of THE fastest and flashiest FF battlesystems since X-2 feel or play "slow" for you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.