[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Try your very hardest to name an mission area in this game that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Try your very hardest to name an mission area in this game that's better than Camp Omega.

You can't.
>>
OKB Zero
Mfinda Oilfield
Lufway Valley
Nova Braga Airport
The swamp one in Africa

Plenty are on par with Camp Omega.
>>
>>383140664
>Lufway Valley
kek, corridor section in an open-world game.
>>
>>383140507
that character design is just so fucking comical. hideo is a genius! what a joke.
>>
>>383141123
That includes the mansion.
>>
>>383141212
Kojima isn't the character designer, he's the director.

Also clearly that design was aiming to sell the game through sexual appeal and controversy. And it probably worked, she is probably one of the most well-known characters of the series now.

The Skulls Unit and the main character are probably the only serious attempts at character design in this game. The rest is pretty bland.
>>
>>383140664
>no Mountain Relay Base
>>
What sneaking place is the best in the franchise?

The tanker?
>>
>>383141948
Which one was that? The Malak one?
>>
>>383141405
>THAT ONE DOESNT COUNT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>383142072
Tanker has a cooler aesthetic than the Plant, but the latter is the exact same corridors just more variations and guards.

If you STILL can't get over Raiden then just play the Snake Tales if you still haven't recognised the supremacy of the Plant location.
>>
>>383142072
Depends on where you like to sneak.
I love the more rural parts of MGS, like the forests in 3, South Africa in 4, jungles in Peace Walker and Afghan/African wilderness in V.
>>
>>383142310
Are you retarded?
>>
>>383142389
i love raiden

i just prefer the tanker to the plant because its short and sweet as well as dense
>>
>*Central* Soviet Base Camp in a war zone
>has less guards than some shitty US naval base in Cuba that the government turns a blind eye to
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>383142509
Plant has density too like the parcel room and armoury.
>>
File: d-rank.jpg (187KB, 900x1390px) Image search: [Google]
d-rank.jpg
187KB, 900x1390px
>>383140664
>OKB Zero
3 boxes in a row
>Mfinda Oilfield
Its good, but it lacks more than one interesting mission
>Lufway Valley
isnt the only mission here the one container mission?
>Nova Braga Airport
Its all right. It has a few missions in it and maybe one good one. But it doesnt use it huge space wisely.
>The swamp one in Africa
nah

the issue is mostly the missions lack depth. In GZ missions have more than one objective and change as you play them. The on with the tape make you interrogate someone, but he lies; the real tape is hidden with another guard and there are multiples.
The one where you have to destroy AA units end with you vs a tank that drives around the base looking for you. You cant beat the mission before beating the tank.
While these details are small, they made a world of difference in the missions feeling satisfying to beat.
>>
>>383142885
yeah but the tanker also has a comfy atmosphere because of the rain
>>
3>2=1>4>V>PW
>>
>>383143035
Well I did admit the Tanker is aesthetically superior.

Tanker-Plant is the best in the series, followed by Shadow Moses. 3, 4, V have too much variation and too few highlights.
>>
>>383143281
2>1>3>V=4>PW
>>
>>383143351
3 had grozny grad and that building where granin was tho
>>
File: 1324567898654.gif (47KB, 225x309px) Image search: [Google]
1324567898654.gif
47KB, 225x309px
>>383140664
>Ironically believing this.
>>
>>383142706
>>383140507
This is a pretty damning comparison in objective/quantifiable terms.
>>
>>383143509
Grozny Grad isn't even a good level in 3, it's wide open with no foliage. It's a pretty awkward inclusion for a game that doesn't have a sprint button, and is centred around the whole camouflage system.

Open areas don't suit the mechanics of MGS prior to 4's controls.
>>
>>383140507
Missions like OKB Zero and Mfinda Oilfield and the rescue Huey mission at Nova Braga were insanely better the first time I played those missions.

But for some reason, I can go back and play GZ and still have fun with it but those missions in TPP became stale almost immediately.

The main problem with TPP is it allowed you to level up weapons and gear to the point of near perfection but it didnt really make anything about the military all that hard (as long as you did the SIDE OPS to remove their gear) TPPs main flaw to me was it gave you near endless ways to play but never made you want to try anything different. Once you found a stragedy that worked, it always worked.
>>
>>383144006
All these redundant weapon inclusions started with 4. MK22 abuse started with 3 (due to the increased enemy distance).

I would rather have been limited to the non-lethal weapons, at their highest unlock requirements, if it meant they were more nuanced and at least more difficult to use. The game is too easy and it is designed around that low difficulty, making any player-provided restrictions completely pointless and even less fun.
>>
File: 1480082688936.gif (137KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480082688936.gif
137KB, 200x200px
Da Smasei Laman
>>
>>383144402
The game is centered around one difficulty. At first its pretty good about making you use every trick at your disposal because you have fewer weapon choices. But as time goes one, you pretty much become a one man army.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.