[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing for the first time and it is good as fuck. Just decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 13

File: DAO.jpg (30KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
DAO.jpg
30KB, 460x215px
Playing for the first time and it is good as fuck.
Just decided to go get mages help for the Redcliff trouble, where I went first.
Are the DA 2 and DA:I really that bad?

I will probably crave more crpg after this, so maybe at least PoE is a good idea? And I played all baldurs gate, icewind dales etc. long time ago, so don't recommend me them
>>
Your best bet is to pick up Dragons Dogma and play a game with some creativity involved, even at its best Dragon Age has the most creatively senile world, characters, dialogue and plot line.
>>
>>383139523
DA:O has a great although siple plot, gives you options to customize your character. DA:II offers either a male/female human character only and has some of the worst dialogue/companion options plus your companions hate you if you don't sleep with them. DA: Inquisition is ok, very boring overworld with a ton of fetch quests. Kinda like a offline MMO.
>>
>>383139523
>Are the DA 2 and DA:I really that bad?
Yes, anon. They are really THAT bad, and I'd argue that Inquisition manages to be even worse than II.
>>
>>383139523
It's good to see it for yourself once you're done with origins. Pick either 2 or Inq when the times comes. But yes they're a level of bad compared to their predecessor that can't be overstated.

Remember to pirate/otherwise procure the DLC's and expansion pack and play through them too.
>>
D2 isn't that bad in retrospect if you're looking for more of the same. Looking back and remembering what people used to think of Bioware when it came out the reaction makes sense. It was clearly a very rushed project, but it's not terrible. Yes D2 is where Biowares obsession wity certain, let's say "quirky", characters started to rear it's head, but overall D2 isn't complete trash. The main story is pretty unforgivably terrible, and the decision to lock in a named main character was fucking retarded (if they were going to do it they should have forced you to be a mage because the story only works if you are), but overall it's still a decent if middling RPG experience. More like a weak expansion pack than a black mark on the franchise.

DA:I however is a fucking Trainwreck on every level and irreversibly destroyed any remaining hope there was for Bioware. Stay far away.
>>
Abandon the Dragon Age series, it's not going to get any better and it can (and will) get so much worse.
>>
>>383139523
>Fun as fuck.

Yeah, maybe. Too bad the class I wanna play is broken. How do you not test that shit? Shapeshifter's busted to the point of being unplayable. Such a shitty fucking developer.
>>
>>383141135
Fuck off retard. Playing Origins is worth watching modern Dragon Age suffer for. It's a damn good game.
>>
>>383141342
Name a good CRPG that is actually balanced.
>>
2 is absolute shit to the point I could never finish it. Seriously, it's bad.

Inquisition is okay, way too many generic sidequests but worth one playthrough.
>>
DA2 will piss you off big time after coming off the first game. It's watered down streamlined rushed bullshit. It has some good moments but you gotta wade through alot of copypasted dungeons to see it.
>>
>>383139523
They are worse and they are worse specifically because they tried to make it mainstream. Perhaps the two games sold more I don't know but they suffered for it. That one DLC for the second one comes to mind when thinking about it. Has the Felica something bitch in it that's Mary Sue as fuck and cringy to.
>>
>>383141356
It's not, it's absolutely not. Like I said earlier, it's one of the most creatively senile games I've ever played. Sincerely look at the game you're defending, the whole fucking world is called Ferelden. You saw the same characters I did, you going to argue Loghain is a deep and effective villain? Do you think that snarky elf you pick up along the way is a well written sly character? Are you thrilled by the same Gurlock encounters for your next few hours?

Dragon Age is the blandest, greyest, least interesting RPG since Kingdoms of Amalur.
>>
>>383141870
>since Kindom of Amalur
look at the release dates you underage fag
>>
>>383142037
You got some points about the game we were discussing or are you going to argue semantics like a fucking child?
>>
File: IMG_1166.jpg (273KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1166.jpg
273KB, 1280x720px
>>383139523
DA:O is the best out of the trilogy, DA:2 is really fun but DA:I is just garbage. Think empty MMO for social justice cunts.
>>
>>383141870
>Sincerely look at the game you're defending, the whole fucking world is called Ferelden
Thedas*
>You saw the same characters I did, you going to argue Loghain is a deep and effective villain?
There's a clear fucking reason that nearly a decade later /v/ still has threads to argue about his motivations.
>Do you think that snarky elf you pick up along the way is a well written sly character?
Ah "The writing was never humorous because I said so" what an excellent argument.
>Are you thrilled by the same Gurlock encounters for your next few hours?
This is true for about one zone which is one part of one of like 5 main quests. It's true when you're in the deeproads, outside of the deep roads/non origin section of the opening/and ending Darkspawn are uncommon for the bulk of the game.

You clearly haven't put enough time into this game to be talking about it with this blustery faux authority that you're attempting.
>>
>>383142403
Oh and Kingdoms of Amalur was 2-3 years later.
Clearly you're so fuckinig knowledgeable at the topic at hand.
>>
>>383142403
I got to the mages tower and gave straight up, and I'm not impressed but maybe a little dismayed at how much farther you seem to have gotten. I look at this game and see grey, brown, Morrison being a bitch and another random encounter while travelling.
>>
>>383139523
DA2 is pretty bad. Inquisition isn't as bad as that one, but it's got some really awful design choices that bring it down. You can honestly skip them both.

>I will probably crave more crpg after this, so maybe at least PoE is a good idea?
Pillars? Yeah it's aight. Divinity Original Sin is also a great option.
>>
>>383139523
DA:O is the only good game in the series, steer clear of the rest.

Pillars of Eternity was awfull, it manages to rip off every other good crpg out there and tries to mash the different plot points from various games into one. It feels contrived and blatantly derivitative, without bringing anything new to the table.

The writing is also trash, and your party members are unlikeable, undeveloped, with poor quests and storylines. I was extra offended by Eder, who is clear cut copy of Alistair without any of the charm.

Don't spend money on this garbage, at the very least you should pirate it first so you can make up your own opinion on the game before supporting the developer.
>>
There wasn't any other game after DA:O. I don't know what the fuck all those anons are saying.
>>
>>383142583
So you self admitted have no idea what you're talking about and are still trying to convince others that the game is bad when everyone ITT who enjoys Dragon Age and thinks it's good has 50+ hours of and you have 5-10ish of an incomplete playthrough.

Literally every single criticism you've given doesn't hold up if you play through the game and give the lore and the characters a fair shake.
Yes Dragon Age, especially at surface level. is very similar to a typical fantasy setting. That's in part because it was the first major CRPG that was going to happen in a long time and the setting sort of correlated with the return to their roots for the devs.
BUT once you get into the lore there's a lot of the typical fantasy setting subverted (especially concerning elves, religion, and mages) and some really cool stuff like the Darkspawn (Lore is best fleshed out in Awakening expac) and the fade that are pretty unique to Thedas and cool concepts.
As far as party members go nearly all of them act differently when you first meet them vs when you get to know them and have them come to like you. Morrigans. There's always a retard like you in every thread whining about how morrigan was mean or the old lady was a boring character because they never actually took the time to interact with the character but kept them in the team because they needed a mage.
>>
>>383142583
That's like 4 hours into a 40 hour game congrats on your infinite wisdom and knowledge on the subject
>>
>>383143475
>Morrigans probably the best example of this.*
>>
So most opions here are that at least Awekening is worth playing?
>>
>>383143475
Oh, and also those "random encounters" on the road are all hand made and not randomized at all (You can pretty easily run out of them), and there's quite a few road events that have nothing to do with darkspawn.
>>
File: Screenshot20170226200504170.jpg (578KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot20170226200504170.jpg
578KB, 1920x1080px
>>383143781
In some ways it's arguably better than Origins IMO.
>Better combat because of the Awakening exclusive moves
>Pretty much zero trash encounters because of the shorter nature of the expansion pack
>Better art style/graphics
>>
File: DAI MMO.png (694KB, 783x873px) Image search: [Google]
DAI MMO.png
694KB, 783x873px
DA2 is worth playing just to understand where it all went wrong. its not a long game and can be finished fast if you skip the dlcs.

DAI is a signal player mmo at its finest and not worth touching unless you hate yourself.
>>
I enjoyed DA2 in its own shitty way but even a blind person could see that it was a rushed mess. Inquisition was fine but overall felt really bland and bloated. Dialogue options also tend to be variations of "Yes" and the Inquisitor has less personality than Hawke. There's also some odd design decisions like needing to hold down a button for your auto attack. If you were going to play it just wait for a sale because the goty edition will only be $15 and I wouldn't want to play without the dlc.
>>
>>383144010
I fucking knew it, you couldnt created this lifeless game by accident, it was really meant to be an mmo.
Worst thing is, that this shit won a lot of GOTY awards and people praised it to hell.

Strange that suddenly people woke up with the Andromeda, when DA:I was not any better and webms from this game are as hilarious, as the Andromeda ones
>>
I played about 20 minutes of Inquisition and vowed never to touch a bioware game again.

2 looked like ass and Origins was just a really boring super generic RPG full of lame shit so I dropped it about halfway through after I got tired of fighting orcs.
>>
I wish you horrible advertisers would make an attempt to be less transparent

this horrible, brown, featureless, conversation simulator, skillless, normal human vs normal human, more talking, ENCHANTMENTS more talking, when does it get difficult, DOGSHIT is mass effect tier, its military babysitter tier, this is how you dont do pc games

oh wait its not a pc game, it's a console game, didn't see that one coming

fuck
off
consoles

fuck
off
shills
>>
>>383139523
DA2 is different, but ok. Some changed that streamlined the game, but also some that made it more entertaining.
DA:I is absolute shit. Shitty MMO style open world with shitty MMO style quests. I'd rather play generic open world Ubisoft game than this junk.
>>
>>383143818
Not quite. There are encounters which unlock once through accepting main or side quests, but also truly random encounters. However these are also influenced through the story (either they only unlock after a certain point or depend on a choice you make). Still there are 22 possible random encounters, so it still won't get repetitive.
>>
>>383144461
>oh wait its not a pc game, it's a console game
0/10 nobody who reads that line will fall for this bait
>>
File: DAI.webm (3MB, 896x504px) Image search: [Google]
DAI.webm
3MB, 896x504px
>>383144276
>the webm

ohh those were great. let me post some.
>>
File: DAI1.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DAI1.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>383144597
>>
>>383144461
Fuck it, you really deserve that (you) for that mess of a second line
>>
>>383139523
They're worse than you could possible imagine.
>>
>>383144663
Does this only happen with a certain response or did they patch it later, because this never happened in my playthroughs
>>
>>383144597
what the fuck is wrong with this guy beard
>>
File: DAI2.webm (1MB, 1280x698px) Image search: [Google]
DAI2.webm
1MB, 1280x698px
>>383144663
>>
File: DAI3.webm (1MB, 1278x698px) Image search: [Google]
DAI3.webm
1MB, 1278x698px
>>383145017
must have patch it than.
>>
File: party_rockers.gif (427KB, 978x478px) Image search: [Google]
party_rockers.gif
427KB, 978x478px
>>383145130
>party rockers in the house tonight starts playing
>>
>>383145086
There were serious problems with the hair when the game launched. They improved it a bit but it still doesn't look very good.
>>
File: DAI4.webm (745KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
DAI4.webm
745KB, 960x540px
>>383145086
typical textures in morden bioware games.
>>
File: 1416486704343.jpg (311KB, 961x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1416486704343.jpg
311KB, 961x2160px
>>383145334
>>
>>383145130
>re-use the same animations as in ME
>forget to make the camera wobble like crazy to hide the fact that it looks retarded
Bioware was never great with animations, but at least they once knew some tricks to make it look better
>>
>>383141428
I don't give a fuck about balanced. I want functional. Just functional would be great.
>>
File: Andrew Wilson.png (144KB, 440x393px) Image search: [Google]
Andrew Wilson.png
144KB, 440x393px
>>
I was looking for this video with Bull romance edit that made it look like a sit come episode, but I found only this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE9QLfDndl0

This game is disgusting
>>
>>383145334
>>383145403
Like I know they suck but i wonder why not instead they did not just hide that shit with a different camera angle like any other competent yet lazy mother fuckers would do.
>>
>>383145507
>our CEO looks like an antichrist, better dress him all black to strenghten this effect
>>
File: 20170418231954_1.jpg (138KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170418231954_1.jpg
138KB, 1600x900px
Femhawke was one of the few enjoyable parts of 2.
>>
>>383144461
Like Bioware would waste time shilling an 8 year old game that was made before they became cucks
>>
>>383145606
Shows why Solas is the best character in this whole game
>>
>>383146135
Playing as sassy femHawke is the only way to play DA2
>>
>>383142583
That damn Morrison!
>>
DA2 is alright, though it was clearly rushed.

DA:I is nowhere near as bad as /v/irgins make it out to be, though the biggest fault of the game is that you need to complete shitty sidequests in order to progress through the story.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.