[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this thing even worth owning? >Worst graphics of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: Nintendo-64-wController-L.jpg (8KB, 300x137px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-64-wController-L.jpg
8KB, 300x137px
Was this thing even worth owning?

>Worst graphics of the fifth gen despite claiming to be the most powerful. Blurry textures, simple shapes to hide its lack of memory. Literally no advanced graphics techniques used because of how limited the memory was.
>No games. It only had a few platformers and even those were outdone by superior games of the same genre on the competition.
>It had no RPGs because Square moved to the superior CD based systems. The only RPG it had was Quest 64. Enough said.
>The worst sound of the generation. It was limited to the same sound that the SNES could create. It used the inferior cartridges so no surprises there.
>The worst controller of the fifth generation.

There was a reason the Nintendo 64 lost that generation.
>>
how dare you talk trash about battletanx
>>
>>383136958
The only thing you said that was even remotely true was it not having any RPGs.
>>
File: IMG_2412.jpg (34KB, 365x266px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2412.jpg
34KB, 365x266px
>The only RPG it had was Quest 64

It was definitely RPG starved but my God, forgetting this game is criminal. Strategy RPG sure, but still one of the best games on the system and one of my favorite RPGs.

And yes, more broadly the N64 was great.
>OoT and MM
>Jetforce Gemini
>Diddy Kong Racing
>Perfect Dark
>Banjo Kazooie 1-2
>Mario Kart 64
>Pilot Wings 64
>Star Fox 64
>Rampage World/Universal Tour

God what a great system it was.
>>
I still can't understand what brain damaged retard approved that controller.
It already had the Camera-pad, there's no reason to put the stick into the middle.
>>
>>383137732
>We're at a point now where babydick niglet has to post pics IN threads as opposed to making them

you know for a black guy who wants to be known, you're like a perfect summation of a cuck in the 4chan terminology
>>
>>>/vr/
Also, the N64 was literally the last great console.
3D gameplay, but none of that budget-blowing bullcrap we have nowadays.
The focus was still on the gameplay.

>There was a reason the Nintendo 64 lost that generation.
Marketing mostly. Also, wouldn't the loser of that gen be the Saturn or whatever SEGA tried at that time?
>>
>>383138076
>Marketing mostly.
you are a retard
>>
>>383136958
Yes it was. Now fuck off kindly.
>>
>>383136958
The n64 is terrible. Graphics are shit etc.

The problem is it had a couple games that were groundbreaking
>goldeneye
>Zelda OOT
>smash
>super Mario 64

Then it had a Bunch of games that nostalgia fags will forever praise
>Mario kart
>other games?
>>
>>383136958
It had a great marketing team, 10 games, and appealed to the 12 and under demographic which at the time was one of the most powerful in gaming.

I'll never understand the love for OOT though, It's a platformer with no jump button and the story plays out like an un-answered fantasy adventure mad lib
>>
>>383136958
I will fight you in real life, despite being probably weaker than you.

This machine was the only bright spot in an otherwise grim childhood.
>>
>>383139438
N64 had a lot of M titles. including lots of pc ports
>>
>>383136958
Absolutely.
Some of the best multiplayer fun available at the time (or even today), great first-party titles that more or less revolutionized their genres, or whole gaming, and in general it was way better system to grow up with.
>>
>>383139830
n64 had Conker's bad fur day which was written for the mentality of a 12 year old, nobody bought the N64 to play Doom or Quake.
>>
Nintendo has fucked up every single console since the SNES with a crippling design flaw that steers away third parties who don't want to fuck with it.

>N64 had cartridges with little space, games had to be compressed to hell and back to fit. Had blurry, shitty textures despite being more powerful than PS1 because of this
>Gamecube had proprietary discs that didn't hold nearly as much data as a regular disc. Drove away more third party than pirates
>Wii was an overclocked gamecube with motion controls. Only a success because motion controls were neat in 2005
>Wii U is underpowered and can't handle modern vidya
>Switch is underpowered and can't handle modern vidya. Also the charging port is on the bottom so you can't charge it with the kickstand. fuck off.
>>
>forgetting that n64 had the best wrestling games at the time.

Stay pleb /v/
>>
>>383139031
Says the 13 year old. Kys
>>
>>383140328
Nah says the 25 year old who went back years ago and played his n64 then realized it was absolute garbage
>>
>>383136958
Fuck off troll
>>
>>383139031
>groundbreaking
>goldeneye
the worst controls in a FPS ever
groundbreaking
>>
>>383140575
>graphics are shit

Literally no one back then gave two fucks about the graphics. It was about having fun with your friends, which the N64 did and more. The PS1 was for autistic loners who sat in their basements playing Tomb Raider while jerking off to jittery pixels. Cry more.
>>
>>383137584

It didn't have fighters either. Those two genres only in that era were pretty dominant. In fact in that era, rpgs were at their golden age. N64 absolutely did have a dogshit library.
>>
Doesn't the N64 have more GOTY-worthy games per capita than any other system?
>>
>>383136958
>much shitty textures
They were shitty on PS1 and Saturn too you underage mongoloid

>hurr this old game console has shitty old graphics, it must be unique
Literally the logic of a 12 year old
>>
>>383136958

>Worst graphics
Wrong! Knowing that you weren't alive in 1996 you will never have the experience of seeing Mario 64 in action and having your brain making the connections that this is actually real life. If you're talking about PSX having fmv, well then the VCR is probably the most graphically intense console of the era.

>No games
It has games. What a pointless comment

>It had no RPGs
Yeah, I miss turn based combat against shitty RNG AI. Totally better than playing 4-player Goldeneye.

>The worst sound of the generation.
Yeah, I'll totally take the Tony Hawk soundtrack over the OOT & Banjo OSTs.

>The worst controller
Gaystation was worse, you've never touched the original, cheap and spongy
>>
>>383141005
>It didn't have fighters either.

>MK3
>MK4
>KI Gold
>Fighter's Destiny 1 and 2
>>
File: 154567677787864554.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
154567677787864554.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>383141452
>>
I still re-visit mario 64 probably once a year. And Ocarina of time / Majora's mask.

>>383137763
I re-played jet force gemini and holy shit the controls are difficult as fuck. Dunno how I got through it before.
>>
File: conk2.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
conk2.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>Literally no advanced graphics techniques used because of how limited the memory was.
>>
File: conker4.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
conker4.webm
3MB, 480x360px
> Blurry textures, simple shapes to hide its lack of memory
>>
>>383140804
Ever try switching the control scheme? It works pretty well honestly. Even then you must be retarded if you can't get the hang of it within 10 seconds. And still groundbreaking
>>383140836
I don't give a fuck about graphics but the 64's graphics even back then were absolute dogshit. Also sure it was about multiplayer games but it's hard to rattle off more then 5 that aren't goldeneye/perfect dark, Mario kart, Mario parties, and that were exclusive to the 64
>>
File: reaver.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
reaver.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>meanwhile on playstation...
>>
>>383142082

1.2 Solitaire config. Turok controls made multiplayer EZ mode.

>>383142129
>t-the fog is at-at-atmospheric guys!

Pic related came out over a year before this green tinged trash.
>>
>>383141725
>I re-played jet force gemini and holy shit the controls are difficult as fuck
Try switching controls to expert mode
>>
I'm sure there's a galaxy out there where Sony isn't getting btfo, but it's not this one.
>>
>>383136958
If you didn't play Mario 64 day one you don't know what this console actually DID for the video game in general.
>>
>>383142082
Even if I couldnt "rattle" off more than just 5, maybe 10, maybe even 3. The point is the amount of hours put into those 3 lets say, was insane. THATS HOW FUN IT WAS.
>>
>he didn't have both the N64 and PS1 as a kid

lol poorfags
>>
File: 1493650154371s.jpg (8KB, 220x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493650154371s.jpg
8KB, 220x250px
>>383145417
Seriously I had both and wasn't even in a well to do family.

>Play a few hours of Rogue Squadron
>Take a break to play some Silent Bomber
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.