[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game so broken on PC? Also why is it so creepy compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 256px-Pandora_Tomorrow_box_art.jpg (27KB, 256x364px) Image search: [Google]
256px-Pandora_Tomorrow_box_art.jpg
27KB, 256x364px
Why is this game so broken on PC? Also why is it so creepy compared to the other Splinter Cell games?
>>
>>383127962
Because you're basically reliving the Bay of Pigs invasion.
>>
>>383127962
>>383127962
is it still fucked?
i was thinking about picking it up again.
Had it for pc when it first came out and could never finish it.
>>
>>383127962
If PT is broken, then don't play the Ver.B Double Agent on PC, because that is mega fucked.
>>
>>383127962
It's 'broken' on modern PCs.
It was never 'broken on PC' though.
>>
>>383129045
i've heard the horror stories

>>383129087
i see. did the lights look the same as they did on console and everything? because i could've sworn the guys who modelled the level and the guys who worked on the light meter weren't talking during development
>>
>>383129087
This is true.

I tried getting the shadows to work on my copy for ages then I gave up and got the PS3 HD remaster when it was on sale.
>>
>>383129087
It was broken on some GPUs on release too. Also those pixelated shadows were disgusting and looked much better in the first game. They outsourced it to their shitty Chinese division who can't code to save their lives. It was the time ubisoft stated its demise.
>>
>>383129087
This. Just play it through a virtual machine, even better if you have VT-d support on your CPU.
>>
>>383129152
Fix for lights

http://www.jiri-dvorak.cz/scellpt/
>>
>>383129497
thanks
>>
>love the first game
>love the third game

Did I miss anything by skipping this one? Double Agent and whatever one had you as a homeless guy weren't as stealthy as was to my liking. The first time Double Agent had me outdoors in broad daylight shooting the Taliban (or whatever) was when I realized Splinter Cell was going down a bad path.
>>
>>383131407
Conviction is pretty ok, as long as you just call it Conviction and not Splinter Cell: Conviction
>>
>>383131407
there's nothing wrong with pandora tomorrow when it works
>>
Is there any splinter cell title with a decent port for pc?
>>
>>383131407
>The first time Double Agent had me outdoors in broad daylight
Sounds like you played the next gen version of DA? Play the Xbox HUEG version. It's made by the team that made Chaos Theory and it's way better than the PC/360/PS3 version.
>>
>>383132498
First and third.
>>
>>383127962
I bought the HD collection just so i could finally play Pandora Tomorrow and Ubisoft went and fucked the port to ps3..... whelp at least i can save whenever.
>>
>>383132602
Now that I remember Chaos Theory ran without problems, but Double Agent and Conviction are god awful, jesus christ.
>>
File: chaos theory SC.jpg (57KB, 490x337px) Image search: [Google]
chaos theory SC.jpg
57KB, 490x337px
>>383132726
Chaos Theory was a gem. Probably one of the best games of all time. Definitely the best in it's genre.
>>
>>383132726
Conviction really isn't that bad as a simple stealth game it just ya know carries the baggage of being a Splinter Cell game, also good soundtrack, the use of those DJ Shadow tracks was great
>>
>>383133053

I'm talking about the game's optimization, the pc port is pretty bad.
>>
>>383132619
What's wrong with it. I have only played the first Splinter Cell on the hd collection and it seems fine.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.