[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is $3000 too much to spend on a gaming pc? I'm willing to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 683012.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
683012.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Is $3000 too much to spend on a gaming pc?
I'm willing to spend up to $4000

Also do many games have 4k support on pc?
>>
>>383099009
You don't need to spend $4000 USD on a 4K gaming machine unless you're including your monitor in the price.

And, yes, most current pc games support 4k resolutions.
>>
>>383099009
Its an ok entry level machine. You should be able to play most games at medium 1080 with solid 60fps. 4K 60 will cost much more. 4k 200fps is what you want though and will cost you at least $10,000.
>>
>>383099009
$3k is only for one titan and you are gimping other parts. You need at least 2, 3 just to be sure.
>>
>>383099009
depends on where you're allocating the money

if you're dumping $2000+ on just GPU + mobo + CPU + RAM then that's definitely too much, personally I wouldn't pay 1k for a CPU because of diminishing returns but people do it all the time

good monitors can be really expensive, so if you're buying 2 or 3 of them that can easily go over $1000 for that alone

storage can be kind of expensive too if you're a hoarder and if you want fast storage like SSDs then that's even more expensive
>>
don't fall for the multi-gpu meme. That shit has awful compatibility with games. Just get a single GTX 1080 ti ($600) and the CPU can be any i7 as long as is kaby lake architecture. These 2 are the best and newest CPU and GPU in the market right now.

You'll also need at least 8GB of Ram, DDR4 is the best for system memory right now. The card will come with its own video ram. The Ti has like 11GB's of GDDR5X. So between video and system memory that's 19GB's of memory.
>>
I spent about $1400 on mine, including peripherals and paying someone to build it for me because laziness. Among those peripherals was $210 for my mouse and keyboard, and nobody is convincing me my Razr Naga and Black Widow weren't absolutely necessary.
I bought it on impulse just because I could afford to do so, though. I'm sure you can go significantly cheaper.
>>
graphics card prices are fucked rn, only the 1080 seems to be safe, so get one of those
>>
That's a shitload of money to spend on a gaming PC. You can run everything that exists for the next 5 years on max or almost max settings with a $1000 machine. I would only expect a $4000 price tag on a prebuilt machine of the same quality that has a few LEDs and a brand name thrown on to make it look cool, which is a complete scam but people still pay it.
>>
>>383099009

spent less than $500 on mine

still playing games that come out today at medium to high settings in 1920x1080

what the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>400€ x299 Mobo
>1000€ 7900x
>300€ 1tb SSD
>100€ M2 SSD for Windows
>1500€ 2x1080ti
>180€ Platin PSU
>2000€ 4k 144hz HDR Monitor from ASUS
>120€ for 5TB Storage Disk
>150€ AIO Liquid Cooler
>120€ Noctua case fans
>150€ Case
>150€ mechanical keyboard
>60€ Mouse
>0 Games
>>
>>383104452
>tfw my keyboard is the cheapest and oldest thing on my PC

I think I even spent more on my mouse pad

I kinda want a mechanical one just to try it but I always end up buying something else
>>
File: not possible on obsolete pc.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
not possible on obsolete pc.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383099009
If you're not spending at least 5 grand on a PC then you're setting yourself up for a short lifespan with imminent upgrades.

>buying a sub $1k CPU in any generation

Why do this?

>buying a 1080 or less this generation

Enjoy your 1080p and barely 45fps.

>$600 gets you a good gaming PC

No it doesn't. $1000 is the bare minimum for a destitute PC and even then your GPU is severely underpowered at that price point.

>implying nVIDIA and AMD don't force you to upgrade by slowly fucking up optimization in drivers for non-current gen cards

Why even bother with PC anymore? The platform receives no quality exclusives and all major titles are console ports with limited extras.
>>
File: 1496213921010.gif (146KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
1496213921010.gif
146KB, 300x375px
>>383104763
>>
The one i have now (i5, gtx 660, 8gb ram) runs everything 60fps on medium settings.
I want to upgrade so i can run things on ultra at 60fps and use 4k monitor (and 4k tv for anime which i connect to my pc)
eventually vr as well
the $4000 does not include the monitor or anything else besides the tower
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.