[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, I'm playing through Persona 3. I just got to the part

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 12

File: Persona3cover.jpg (89KB, 250x357px) Image search: [Google]
Persona3cover.jpg
89KB, 250x357px
Hey, I'm playing through Persona 3. I just got to the part where kenji tells me his plan to romance his teacher. Any tips? I've been going to tartarus every night when everyone is fully rested, should I stop doing that?
>>
>>383096884
You should be getting your courage up. if youre playing fes you should be trying to study anytime you are not sick and if you are you go to the school nurse. You should really only be going top tarturus as little as possible in the early game (Sat) and up stats and social links until you max courage. rinse repeat with charm and then academics (because it takes the longest).
>>
You don't need to go to Tartarus that often. If you're fighting everything you come across and reach the barrier before the full moon, you're keeping a good pace. Just go once or twice a week and use the other nights to boost social stats
Fuse your personas often
Always bring a matching persona if you're gonna hang out with someone
Burn your dread
>>
>>383097414
>>383097428
does going to tartarus when a party member asks to boost anything?
>>
>>383097705
Nah
>>
>>383098031
alright cool thanks
>>
>>383097705
nope, but you can talk to Mitsuru/Fuuka and see their status so that you know if they're in great status
>>
How does persona fusing work?
>>
File: IMG_4289.jpg (380KB, 523x735px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4289.jpg
380KB, 523x735px
Go to the arcade every night that you don't go to Tartarus and play one of the stat boosting games. If the game is only offering to upgrade Peraona strength or something like that, then go to the coffee shop or karaoke bar to up your stats a bit less.

You probably don't need to go to Tartarus more than 4 to 6 times between each full moon.

Fuse Persona constantly.

You can reverse social links if you don't visit them enough, so make sure to get a good rotation. When the game tells you you are now in a relationship, focus on closing out that s link before doing things with any of the other girls.

Yukari is best girl, but Liz is damn close. Aigis is the best character overall.

I wouldn't bother with the answer, either.
>>
File: Fusion Skills.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fusion Skills.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383099002
The skills passed in fusion are random and change every time you select the personas you want to fuse as shown in the the webm I'm posting, but certain personas have some affinities to different types of elements, which means they're more likely to learn a certain type of skill.
A persona that has fire as its main theme is more likely to learn a fire skill over any other one.
>>
>>383099534
I see, so it's just gambling?

>>383099283
>yukari best girl
I can see that already my man
>>
>>383100113
I guess, it's really up to how much you're willing to spend getting the perfect skill set
>>
>>383100252
I'm just worried about losing a persona forever I guess. You can get them back with the card drop things, right? Or atleast fuse to get them?
>>
>>383100706
What part of the game are you on? I hope you haven't fused orpheus
>>
>>383100784
I fused pixie and someone else, don't remember who. Orpheus is good though. Got nekomata out of it. I'm on the 6th floor of tartarus
>>
File: Studying with Fuuka.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Studying with Fuuka.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383101054
Orpheus is a must keep at least until the first full moon boss, he gets a skill that makes everyone faster and heals a flat 50% of your party's health.

You're not that far in, so here's some advice:

Don't try to do all S.Links, just find the few you like and stick with them.
Your first days you won't have anything to do at night, so use those nights to go to the arcade in the mall and play games that give your persona stats.

For persona stats:
Punching bag gives 3 STR to your current persona
Whack-a-mole gives 3 AGI to your current persona
Fortune game gives 3 MAG to your current persona

Be mindful these cost money so keep a close eye on your wallet.

Visit Tartarus at least once every 3 days, when all of your party members get tired feel free to leave.
ALWAYS tell your nav to scan enemies, even if all you get is question marks, your team's AI adapts to the enemy's resistances
>>
>>383101661
alright thanks for this my man. I remember using the +50% health regen a few times but was curious about fusing. Who was it that paired with orpheus for the regen?
>>
>>383101901
Apsaras
>>
>>383101930
thanks
>>
File: Feeding Fuuka.gif (584KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
Feeding Fuuka.gif
584KB, 600x420px
>>383102036
No problem.

Feel free to fuse everyone else, but not Orpheus since you won't have any way of getting him back until way later when he's outclassed by everything else.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
>>
File: 1.7777778 AR fix.jpg (468KB, 1600x1796px) Image search: [Google]
1.7777778 AR fix.jpg
468KB, 1600x1796px
>>383101661
My OCD has kept me from playing P3 and 4 because I want to catch them all.

Can you whirl me up some play throughs so I can more comfortably chill and enjoy the social links?
>>
>>383102719
My apologies, but I can't help you on that, I've no knowledge on playthroughs.
>>
File: WhoNeedsFriends.png (32KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
WhoNeedsFriends.png
32KB, 480x272px
>>383102719
You basically have to follow a guide to get them all in a single playthrough.

You don't need them anyway anon.
>>
>>383102480
Will do my man. Do any of these tips carry on into 4 and 5?
>>383102719
I feel the same way. I hate being limited in RPGs.
>>
File: pcsx2 2016-05-12 21-30-45-73.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2016-05-12 21-30-45-73.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
>>383102937
I'm confused now. You seem like you know all about the game. What I'm asking is what are some comfy casual ways to enjoy the game.

>hang out with x, x, and x and bully x, x, x
Kinda thing?

>>383103007
I know but I like to be the best. I'm a real tryhard when it comes to things I like but 100%ing Persona is too hardcore.
>>
>>383096884
For the most part tell social link characters what they want to hear rather than what you truly think. There are right and wrong answers to every dialogue choice and getting sl's mad at you has zero advantages. Always try to have equipped a persona that corresponds with the arcana of the social link as well, that will make them progress faster.
>>
>>383096884
Make sure you laugh at him, you'll know when
>>
>>383103135
P4 is too different from P3, so most of these tips don't apply, only the fusion part.
P5 is much too different to either of them

>>383103248
Oh, I misunderstood then.

I personally think the most pleasant people to be with are Akinari, The old couple, Bebe, Mutatsu and The little girl at the shrine, Maiko and also Fuuka but I'm a bit biased.

Don't get any girls past rank 4 so you don't have to worry about jealousy, unless you really like one of them and want to romance them.

What I like about the arcade is that because it gives a lot of stats you end up being almost invincible the first two blocks, so using it as much as you can will make Tartarus walks easy and stress free.

I think a nice way to spend the first blocks is just you and junpei since it increases your XP gain and cadenza carries you through bosses.

Besides that just do what you feel like doing, you have plenty of time at your disposal.
>>
>>383104667
thanks man
>>
File: Festival Fuuka.jpg (48KB, 424x629px) Image search: [Google]
Festival Fuuka.jpg
48KB, 424x629px
>>383105603
No prob, P3 is an amazing game and I want people to be able to enjoy it as much as possible
>>
>>383102719
this door is HUGE
>>
>>383106273
nah they're just manlets
>>
File: Falling Down.gif (2MB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
Falling Down.gif
2MB, 500x520px
>>
I'm heading off to bed. Maybe this thread will still be up when I wake up?
>>
Am I the only one who feels like P3P's gameplay enhancements are just so much worth it over FES's "immersive" animation that it's just the overall best version of P3 to play, even for newcomers? Direct commands, skill cards, and the removal of tiredness are just shit I can't think of playing P3 without anymore, and you're giving up all of that in FES in exchange for the ability to move in 3D (which makes it slower to do things than the cursor in Portable, anyways) and some truly awful anime cutscenes. And I think everybody agrees that FeMC mode is an exponentially better addition than the Answer was.
>>
File: 1482941581140.png (18KB, 417x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482941581140.png
18KB, 417x500px
>>383096884
>he puts such even such a minor things into spoiler tag
>here, on /v/, where you learn who the p4 killer is before you know about the game itself

you're the cutest

play the game any way you see fit, then after beating it once you'll have your stats/level/social skills maxed out at the beginning of the next game after loading old save. no reason to try hard for the first playthrough in this game
>>
>>383109003
daw. thanks I guess man

>>383108846
I'm playing the PS2 version because I got it cheap on an ebay auction, along with P4 and SMT: Nocturne.
>>
>>383108846
P3P changes the story so much and loses so many details that it feels like you're playing another game altogether,
>>
This is further down the line but once you hit level 50-ish you can fuse Siegfried (max out strength arcana)
Give him auto-tarukaja through fusion and use the arcade/stat cards to boost his strength. You'll easily steamroll through the rest of tartarus using vorpal blade
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.