[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I need help. I got hired by this dev team to work on some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

File: car-that-shoots-BG.jpg (52KB, 736x460px) Image search: [Google]
car-that-shoots-BG.jpg
52KB, 736x460px
Guys, I need help. I got hired by this dev team to work on some car combat game, and there's serious issues:

>game blatantly rips off Twisted Metal, plot is virtually the same except the "Calypso" character is now a woman instead
>color palette and aesthetic are awful, the game looks like a mix of some HD Stalker mod and Twisted Metal Black, very grimdark and fucking depressing
>game is also very offensive and tasteless, many of the drivers are downright awful human beings with no real heroes to root for, many of the maps let you run down/gun down innocent people including CHILDREN for fuck sakes

That last one is the big thing for e, wtf kind of sick ass game lets you murder children? One of the maps they showed me looked like some Detroit type area and let you run over black kids and shit running around at a mall or something, seriously wtf?
>>
File: engine.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
engine.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>383095079
i dont see the problem

btw ill take 10 copies
>>
File: GTA-V-ENBSeries-3.jpg (433KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GTA-V-ENBSeries-3.jpg
433KB, 1280x720px
visually it kind of makes me think of this

notice how drab that looks, who the fuck wants something that looks like that
>>
>>383095079
Sounds fun
Car combat games need to make a comeback and I unironically hate niggers so the detroit area sounds fun
>>
>>383095079
I want this game
>wtf kind of sick ass game lets you murder children
The good one? You can murder adults, and sometimes animals in games, so how come kids are a no-no thing?
>>
>>383095079
Sounds like you're poorly describing something that already exists

Also Twisted Metal 2012 was a 10/10. We need another car combat game like it.
>>
>>383095864
Even games like Fallout, Skyrim, and fucking GTA don't let you kill kids, and those games have lots of crass tasteless shit in them, so think about that. Kids are off limits, the fuck kind of sick bastard wants to kill kids in a game? Sounds like those edgelords who got all mad because Berserk Musou didn't have the Lost Children arc, as if any game is gonna let you do shit like that.
>>
>>383096102
car combat blows, its the same as these shooters like cod but with cars so who cares
>>
>>383096180
More like Midnight Club 3 with guns and helicopters
>>
>>383096496
still sounds retarded
>>
>>383096108
The hypocrisy of our society is really annoying. You can kill and even eat animals fine, but fucking them is somehow illegal. You can kill all manners of sentient and non sentient things in games, but kids are off limits. You can go to army, and wear deadly weapons in 17, but can't buy alcohol till you're 21.
>>
>>383096854
Why would you WANT to be able to kill kids though in a game.
>>
>>383096607
Did you play Twisted Metal 2012? Of course it was retarded, one of the special attacks was a remote control exploding old person strapped to a gurney and another was a flying ice cream truck mech

Hope it gets re-released
>>
>>383097001
Why NOT? It's not like I want to specifically kill kids in games, but excluding them seems stupid.
>>
The characters I saw so far are awful, let me post what I've seen so far:

-azn thrillseeker sick of his old boring life and wants to enter the contest to have some insane nonstop action adventure blowing shit up

-liberal sjw with dyed hair and nerd glasses who wants to enter the contest so she can be granted her greatest wish: to truly become a perfect nonbinary gendered being and transcend humanity

-neo Nazi alt right winger who wants to purge the world of all whites and create the Neo 4th Reich

-black thug guy who wants to destroy white civilization and put his people at the top of the world

-loner mgtow that despises women and wants to create a world where women are forced to serve men, drives a car called "WhoreBreaker"

-psychotic Japanese girl bored of the human world, wants to turn the world into literal hell on earth for fun

It's fucking trash and offensive
>>
>>383098312
>-neo Nazi alt right winger who wants to purge the world of all whites and create the Neo 4th Reich

typo, supposed to be all nonwhites
>>
>>383095079
just do your job, get paid, and deny you've ever worked on the game if anyone asks
>>
>>383098508
people are gonna find evidence I did, and I'll be ruined

do you really want to be associated with a game with characters like these?
>>383098312
>>
I can't wait for E3 then
>>
>>383097001
>Lost Children arc

kids can be annoying little assholes as much as adults. and its fun to kill assholes
>>
File: 1440523245845.jpg (37KB, 357x293px) Image search: [Google]
1440523245845.jpg
37KB, 357x293px
>>383098312
Not sure if bait from the descriptions, but considering what can be sold now I wouldn't be surprised if this game will actually exist.
>>
File: 1392748096604.png (79KB, 215x207px) Image search: [Google]
1392748096604.png
79KB, 215x207px
>>383098312
>drives a car called "WhoreBreaker"
I'll take ten copies
>>
>>383097001
Why do you WANT to be gay?
>>
>>383099598

Yeah so why the hell not, play a game here you run over or shoot down INNOCENT CHILDREN with cars designed as death machines.
>>
Bump
I'm sure it's fake, but if it isn't I want more info
>>
>>383095079
>run over black kids

wait what's the name of this game and how many copies can I buy?
>>
>>383096496
It's more like Quake on wheels, or at least the older Twisted Metal games were.

>>383095590
I wouldn't want a game that looks exactly like that but TM: Black has a fantastic visual style, it's gritty as hell and paints a picture of a world where everything is fucking awful without even needing the player to pay attention to the story at all.
>>
>>383101349
But that shit was depressing, who the hell wants that? If it's an action oriented game it needs to be more colorful and lighthearted.
>>
File: may2.jpg (62KB, 669x739px) Image search: [Google]
may2.jpg
62KB, 669x739px
>>383096102
>Also Twisted Metal 2012 was a 10/10. We need another car combat game like it.
>>
>>383101449
I want it. Who ever said action oriented games have to be colorful and lighthearted? Even within the same subgenre you can find games with all sorts of tonal shifts with the same or similar playstyle, and variation is always good.

Plus, Black had the best damn vehicle designs in the series. If anything, TM2012 was too bright and generic looking.
>>
File: 1458010430931.png (179KB, 401x302px) Image search: [Google]
1458010430931.png
179KB, 401x302px
>>383098312
>WhoreBreaker
Where do I sign up?
>>
>game lets you kill niggers
Ben Garrison is making games now?
>>
>>383101573
Sorry, should have qualified it

TM2012's multiplayer was a 10/10 when it fucking worked. Single player sucked but the multiplayer games you made it into were fucking amazing and worth the price of admission alone. I'm still mad at the treatment that game got
>>
>>383098312
Sounds rad if not a tad bit too try hard with the stereotypes. Still, I'd pay to play as a crazy jap girl. Killing kids as a neo nazi sounds cool, too. What cars do the rest of them drive?
>>
File: gta21.jpg (722KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gta21.jpg
722KB, 1920x1080px
>>383095079
sounds like a great game
>>
>>383098312
it just keeps getting better
>>
File: 1499220150962.png (842KB, 621x593px) Image search: [Google]
1499220150962.png
842KB, 621x593px
>>383095079
>accept job knowing full well what you're getting into
>bitch on an image board about disagreeing with design decisions

Just quit if you don't want money.
You are a tool used to create assets.
Don't want to create assets? Fuck off

If you're a designer I really hope you land an art director position soon or you won't be working in that field in a few years.
>>
Be professional.
Just do it or quit.
>>
>>383095079
>game is also very offensive and tasteless, many of the drivers are downright awful human beings with no real heroes to root for, many of the maps let you run down/gun down innocent people including CHILDREN for fuck sakes
That's a plus, fuckface
>>
>>383103689
Yeah no one told me this game was gonna have child murder shit in it before I joined the team
>>
LOL the game sounds fun. If you find this offensive them maybe don't accept the job? They hired you to be a designer, story guy, programmer and artist? Sounds pretty bullshit to me.
>>
>>383095079
Well who gives a fuck if its a rip off given that Twisted Metal is dead as fuck making it a prime type of source material to rip off/inspire a spiritual successor with.

As long as what sort of story it has doesn't get to super duper serious and up its on ass. With a bit of cheesiness to it here and there for the sake of levity shit seems fine as long as the gameplay is dumb and the offensiveness for offensiveness sake is at least explained in game with something. Like the running down of people being for points or power ups or something rather than just being there. Since at least that way you could scapegoat it being there by saying that its part of how the death car rules are and for personal survival, of the character, or whatever.

And as you said that the characters in the game are all shitty people that its fine since they are shitty people and shitty people do shitty things. So as long as it doesn't go to like /pol/ level of lame faggy racial banter shit should be fine since if it does go that way shit will just get tiring and boring fast.
>>
huehuehue murder is ok as long as it doesnt cross this completely arbitrary line
>>
i'm getting the feeling that this is a roundabout marketing thread
>>
>>383106098
then quit.

why are you even still discussing this.

youre a humongous faggot for a multitude of reasons.

at least youre good at your job though, i assume
>>
take this shit to /r9k/

no one wants to validate your shitty excuse for melodrama by proxy of some cosmic irony

just fuck off with this Machiavellian bullshit and take it to the right board
>>
>>383107084
hue hue hue fuck morals and standards lolol so edgy

I bet your sick ass used child murder mods in skyrim too
>>
>>383107261
except my point is the exact opposite you ignorant fuck

morals are not gray, if murder isnt ok then murder isnt ok. you dont get to kill x just because YOU think its ok to kill x.

stupid motherfucker
>>
>>383096102
I'm with you, brother. I'd even consider buying a console to play a new Twisted Metal game if it was good.
>>
>>383107261
My games had them by default. Carmaggedon...the game your company is cloning and fallout 2. Remember when muh morals and diversity didn't matter? It's a video game. You could just NOT hit the children.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.