[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Roadhog take damage from Widowmaker's venom mine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: roadhog.jpg (23KB, 350x192px) Image search: [Google]
roadhog.jpg
23KB, 350x192px
Why does Roadhog take damage from Widowmaker's venom mine when he has a gas mask on? Wouldn't that negate it? Explain.
>>
It's a blistering agent.
>>
is this borderlands
>>
>>383094708
From the Overwatch Wiki regarding her venom mine. "Widowmaker adheres a swiftly-arming venom mine to nearly any surface. When a target wanders within range of the mine’s motion trigger, it explodes, delivering poison gas to any enemies in the vicinity."
>>
>rub poison on your dick
>WTF I'M WAERING A GAS MASK THIS SHOULDN'T HAPPEN
>>
>>383094894
Your point is...?
>>
>>383094772
Overwatch
>>
>>383095000
It says its a poisonous gas, and it doesn't seem tactically viable to just have a blistering agent in a mine. I would think that she would want to incapacitate anyone that im throwing a mine at
>>
File: 1498940418114.jpg (234KB, 1024x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1498940418114.jpg
234KB, 1024x1370px
>>383094628
It seeps in through the stitching. He wears it as a fashion statement, not for functionality
>>
>>383095385
From Roadhogs bio, "He wears a mask with "hogrogen" inhalers, which contain a pressurized chemical mixture that helps counteract the effects of radiation exposure." Maybe im not seeing it, but it seems like his mask is sealed.
>>
>>383094628

>implying Overwatch is even having a remote resemblance to any sort of reality or physical laws we would recognize.
>implying there aren't dozens of poison gases that are perfectly OK going thru your skin to kill you.
>implying Roadhog's mask even works and isn't just for scary looks and hiding his face.

You might as well ask how Genji and Hanzo's magic dragons work and kill people, or how Reaper works and has infinite shotguns
>>
>>383095701
But with such a quick effect on health, i would have to think that that kind of damage would at least take a few seconds (if not more) to take effect. And yeah, but its fun to speculate. and this seems like a point where logic should apply.
>>
>why does the venom hurt robots/cyborgs?
>why does sleep dart work on robots/cyborgs?

Because balance>realism
>>
>>383095627
seems to me, from that explanation, that the mask helps him huff chemicals to combat the radiation exposure, rather than keep chemicals out
>>
>>383094628
Why do robots fall asleep to Ana's dart and are affected by her nano-boost?

Why does Junkrat no longer take damage from his own explosives? How do his death bombs activate when he dies?

Why is Torbjorn a pirate and doesn't have Swedish accent?

Why doesn't Tracer's blink or "get out of jail free" ability meld her into someone if she blinks into/through them?

How does Reaper eat souls? How does he regain health by shooting people? How does he regenerate his guns? Why does he have shotgun ammo on himself if he never actually reloads his weapons?

Why is Winston's weapon so weak when he's practically tasing people to death? Why is his melee attack as powerful as Mercy and D.Va's wimpy pistol bash if he's a big, fuck-off gorilla?

Why does D.Va's mech have a self-destruct function? Why are its weapons so very weak? Why hasn't the tech she uses to delete bullets and projectiles from existence been used everywhere else, especially in areas of combat like against rogue AI's or other robots?

How does Mercy's healing stick replenish lost blood and repair broken flesh and even armor?

Why do Orisa and Sombra exist in the game despite being near useless?

Why can't Pharah move while shooting every rocket? How is she not propelled backward from the blast of multiple rockets? How does her jetpack replenish fuel?

How does Symettra's projected, physical light work? How can she teleport physical matter using a light construct? What the hell is her weapon?

Why is Genji such a bitchass nigga and every single person who mains him a huge piece of shit who think they're hot shit like "the pros"?

Here's a hint: I dunno.
>>
>>383094628
The gas burns skin on contact
>>
>>383094628
Multiplayer is completely non canon.
>>
>>383096197
Thats probably the best explanation im going to get out of this
>>
>>383094628
It looks homemade, so it probably doesn't work that well against military grade biochemical weapons
>>
>>383096273
nano-boost because nanobots
>>
>>383095306
blistering agent gas
>>
What are we to believe? That this is some sort of magic xylophone?
>>
>>383095306
You wouldn't think, but she would. That's why she's an assassin and you aren't.
>>
After seeing Doomfist in action, I finally realized why Roadhog was nerfed, not because Blizzard listened to complaints from players, but because his pre-nerf state would single-handedly make Doomfist his bitch
>>
>>383095959
>balance>realism

For overwatch, not in all cases.
>>
>>383098646
I can't help but think this too, especially since as it stands Doomfist can oneshot anyone with <250 hp and has a faster cooldown than hook ever did.
>>
>Why is Genji such a bitchass nigga and every single person who mains him a huge piece of shit who think they're hot shit like "the pros"?

This also described Roadhog mains up until recently
>>
>>383099683
Because the timing couldn't have been better. Doomfist's engagement/disengagement skills are roughly the same range as Roadhog's alt-fire, with his charge-up fist the same as the hook's range. Old Roadhog would have hard-countered Doomfist, and considering how much they've been hyping Doomfist, they can't just let Roadhog stomp all over him like that.
>>
>Implying roadhog has the appropriate filters and isn't just wearing the mask to look cool.
>>
>>383096273
Regarding Dva, her mech was designed primarily to be used against the giant robot that keeps attacking Korea from the ocean, so fucking huge that accuracy isn't much of a problem with her dual auto shotguns

A self destruct is probably handy in destroying the mech as the robot in the water has spent decades playing a game of evolution against the Korean military, disabling their conventional means of waging war with EMPs and crippling blows, forcing them to create the mechs and draft their top gamers to operate them. I'd imagine that destroying your mech to keep the robot from analyzing and developing a trump card over it is important

The defense matrix isn't actually a shield, but a set of lasers that Dva is manually controlling with her mad gamerz skillz to zap projectiles into harmlessness
>>
>>383100525
>the water has spent decades
*the robot. fucking auto correct
>>
>Blind Illidan in heroes
>he misses his attacks
It's a Blizzard game m8
>>
>>383094772
>>383095026
They should make a game called Borderwatch.
>>
>>383101726
Thatd be the US, Mexico border
>>
>>383094628
Maybe the mine is biology based not chemical. Most gasmasks don't have any biological capabilities. Mainly military issue versions have those. Since his manly looks stitched out of rough leather, maybe the gas also slips past the not hermetically sealed slits
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.