[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing morrowind >first town is empty as fuck, barely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Morrowind 2017-07-06 23-34-12-39.jpg (367KB, 1369x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind 2017-07-06 23-34-12-39.jpg
367KB, 1369x1080px
>playing morrowind
>first town is empty as fuck, barely anything to do
>get to belmora
>99.9% of NPCs are generics with no quest lines
>join the fighters guild
>do a couple of orders
>come back to the fighters guild to rest in one of the beds
>an assassin attacks me
>run upstairs thinking the guild leader will help me fight the assassin off
>guild leader just stands there as the assassin almost stabs me to death before

nice game, morrowshitters.

the world is boring as fuck, it's empty as hell and you have to find one of the few quest givers or there's nothing to do. Skyrim is 10000x better than this old trash

DROPPED
>>
>>383093026
bump2
>>
>>383093585
>>383094089
>desperately bumping your lame shitpost thread
sad
>>
>>383094902
still a bad game
>>
>>383094982
>still trying to incite shitposting to save his worthless thread
wew lad
>>
>>383093026

Yeah most of the love for morrowind is 100% nostalgia faggotry. The absolute only good thing about the game that is lacking in the later games is the fact that it doesn't hold your hand. If Skyrim in particular didn't treat you like a retard (oblivion did it too to a slightly lesser extent) when it came to quest objectives there would be absolutely no redeeming qualities for the game. Everything else is basically the same but super dated and the world just feels dead
>>
>>383095115
I really, really hope that the wild success of Souls and BoTW encourages Bethesda to tone down the handholding and increase the level of freedom for TES 6.
>>
So I've been waiting to play morrowind for a while( i've played it a little) But Im to unsure about What class to pick. Can i gain access to OP magic as a barbarian type character?
>>
>>383095097
not even him lel
>>
>>383095115
I agree. I love Morrowind, but it's purely nostalgic in nature. The only things I wish would carry over is creating your own spells and as you said, getting rid of the handholding bullshit.

The reason Morrowind gets so much hate is because nostalgiafags want to talk about it like it's the greatest fucking game of all time, and still is the best TES. So it gets people that just finished Skyrim curious about it, and when they play it they're like "what the fuck is this shit?" It creates an extra backlash against it because they honestly don't understand why it gets so much praise.

It was great for its time, and I have much love for it. Even though OP is a baiting fucking faggot, some of what he said is kind of true about the NPCs.
>>
>>383095287
make your own class

>>383095115
what about the fact that you can craft spells, potions, and enchant gear with a huge variety of freedom and quantity of magic effects? what about lockpicking actually being useful and opening up alternate paths and actual placed loot? what about the fact that every piece of clutter is individually placed? what about encountering interesting people on paths in the world? what about building your chosen house's fortress? what about people actually treating you differently based off of the things you do in the world? what about it being the last elder scrolls game to have the full roster of skills and proper levitation?

because oblivion and skyrim lack all of those things. ill give oblivion credit, though, it still had the spell telekinesis
>>
>>383093026
>fargoth's quest; leads to improved prices at arrille's. you can also just trick the guy and fuck him over
>the armor hidden in the upstairs locked room at arrille's tradehouse
>a handful of hollow stumps with loot
>elone will train you if you have joined the blades
>can loot a bunch of shit in the census warehouse and arrille's basement
>the mage tower which has some cool loot and the thing is a lighthouse to boot which you can up to look at
>asking around you can learn the place is the swamp fever capital of the world
>finding out about the dead tax collector
>seeing the colovian mage using his absurd icarian flight magic for the first time north of town
>addamasartus, the smugglers cave where you can free some slaves
>samarys ancestral tomb has the mentor's ring, fortifies int and wil 10 pts
>getting cursed ring from vodunius nuccius
>>
>>383097920
Modern gamers expect a ton of narrative and voiced dialogue so all of this would be unappreciated to someone who just plays skyrim.
>>
make super strong jump potions

trust me
>>
File: Based Talos Worship.jpg (279KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Based Talos Worship.jpg
279KB, 1366x768px
>>383093026
Hey look you're bringing up all the problems we had with our favorite game 15 years ago. And instead of getting a game that fixed them we got Oblivion, a game that fixed half of it and made the rest worse. And then we got Skyrim that undid the progress Oblivion made on the positive end of things and exacerbated the shit Oblivion made worse.

And here we fucking are in 2017 with Morrowind being the best of an incredibly flawed series whose potential as a provider of a unique and immersive role play experience will never ever fucking be lived up to.

This all said, MW, Oblivion, and Skyrim are all decent games.
>>
>>383095115
I played it for the first time last year and thought it was great. No nostalgia here friendo.
>>
>>383093026
>That quest where you have to go on a pilgrimage without talking to anyone
>Literally have to walk across the map, without shortcuts

This game was rad as fuck, it really committed.
>>
>>383093026
But its the BEST one tho.....
>>
File: morrowind fans.jpg (24KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
morrowind fans.jpg
24KB, 360x270px
every thread
>>
>>383098565
>This all said, MW, Oblivion, and Skyrim are all decent games.
Thank you, I hate how so many people think Oblivion and Skyrim are irredeemable dogshit because of their flaws but then jerk off Morrowind as a masterpiece. Morrowind is just as flawed if not more so than it's two sequels, just in different ways. Skyrim/Oblivion are overrated by normies but over-hated by /v/.
>>
The DB assassin is tough but killable. You can sell his shit for good gold too.
>>
>>383093026
>first town is empty as fuck, barely anything to do
>Skyrim is 10000x better than this old trash
Seyda Neen and Riverwood have pretty much the same amount of content though, in terms of quests and characters. Technically Seyda Neen is more heavily populated but I'm only counting the NPCs that actually have some unique dialogue, quests, and/or services as "characters", which I think you'd agree is fair. They both feel about right for the starter towns of their respective games.
>>
>>383099249
This but without the sarcasm.
>>
Yeah, every TES game is bad designed game
ARENA: randomfaggotory asshit content + 3 grade level story
DAGGERFALL: 1000x times randomfaggotory asshit content with decent story
MORROWIND: hand designed content with pretty good story + god awful dialog system and combat
OBLIVION: randomfaggotory asshit dungeons with potato face NPCs + auto-leveling and three button combat system
SKYRIM: muh dungeons with draugr, quests writen by janitors, randomfaggotory asshit reward and two button combat system
>>
>>383093026
people like it because of how easy it is to break the game mechanics, like how you can drink a potion to noclip through the map, use a scroll at level 1 to jump to the end of the game or enchant a ring to instakill anything in the game.
You hit god mode very early, makes people feel badass and thats why people like it
>>
>>383100907
>caring about exploits in Morrowind as anything but a side diversion
maximum pleb, might as well just use console commands and do the same shit and more
>>
Is there a mod that addresses OP's complaint about faction members not aiding the PC?
>>
I find Morrowind enjoyable due to how it works more on a dice system, which is something I've been getting into. All the games have their flaws but it's a nice change of pace for me to step back and play morrowind so that I am still playing in the same world I've grown to love but with a different system in place, a beautiful land to explore, and lots of things to find and do.
>>
>>383099627
He only strikes if you hit level six and have the expansions.
>>
>>383098116
yeah, you're telling me i have to READ
>>
File: 1495464263211.jpg (78KB, 841x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1495464263211.jpg
78KB, 841x1054px
Thoughts on Morroblivion?
>>
>>383101583
I don't know about faction members, but in vanilla Morrowind guards only attack CREATURES who attack you, rather than NPCs like the Dark Brotherhood assassins. This mod makes it so they protect you against aggressors, which I assume includes people you've taunted into assaulting you:
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-26-11605

And this mod makes non-combatants flee if a fight breaks out near them rather than stand there doing nothing and waiting to get hit by an AOE attack or stray projectile:
http://download.fliggerty.com/download-110-33
>>
>>383102159
That's actually only on the Xbox GOTY version. They attack from the very beginning on PC, which is why you should use a mod to delay them since they are not really a part of the vanilla game and upset the early game balance massively.

And no, don't you
>Morrowind
>balance
me, mister, because you know full well that if you're not looking shit up or using knowledge from previous playthroughs like a faggot then you're not likely to find any extremely powerful/valuable items by the time the Dark Brotherhood hand delivers their light armor to you and fuck up the part of Morrowind where you're weak, poor, and lost. This is the most IMPORTANT part of the game because that's what makes it so fucking satisfying to acquire wealth and power in all the myriad ways possible in this game.
>>
File: 678397-pirate_redguard.jpg (15KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
678397-pirate_redguard.jpg
15KB, 320x320px
>>383102409
I really wanted to believe...

-Redgaurds of Tamriel come in three flavors, but nearly all of them in Morrowind will sound 'American black'.
-We need Redguards to sound black. Either black American South 'genteel' or actual African. Think Old Spice guy, or Mufasa, or Nelson Mandella. I'll post a few of my own as reference in the first post of this thread.
-Smitehammer: Head of the voice acting department

Honestly, I guess acceptable instructions but not when you consider the kind of people who would take time out of their day to volunteer in helping a ES fan game. If you want some cringeKeK peep the auditions...
https://tesrenewal.com/forums/voice-acting/redguard-voice-auditions
>>
>>383103090
I didn't know that was only on the X-Box version. That's the first version I played on, so that's why I think of it like that, and I haven't even played to X-Box version in years. That's weird, it's so ingrained into my head about level six that the only time I use a bed is when I hit level six just to trigger the attack, on PC. I guess that's why it stuck.
>>
>>383103913
Well you do have to rest to advance each level but only an hour and you're unlikely to be attacked in such a short time. But if you're a mage resting between battles you're pretty much guaranteed to get attacked on the first level.

The Xbox GOTY version was released after the PC expansions obviously so they probably included that tweak after realizing how poorly it worked in Tribunal. They had already finished patching the game and were probably hard at work on Oblivion around then so it's no surprise that it never made it back in an update for PC.
>>
>>383097920
tarhiel is a woodelf
>>
>>383105476
But his console ID is "agronian guy" and he's wearing a Colovian fur hat. What the fuck is going on here?

And yes, it's really "agronian" instead of "argonian".
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.