[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This fucking game I swear, I'm livid. It wouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

File: header[1].jpg (32KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
32KB, 460x215px
This fucking game I swear, I'm livid.
It wouldn't be so bad if the developers had the common courtesy of placing a bonfire right outside a boss area so that when you die, you can try again quickly.
But the fucking faggots placed all of them 43 miles from every boss battle.
This doesn't make the game harder, it's just tedium in its purest form.
Can I just try the bosses again without running a marathon every fucking time I die, please?

I'm gonna break my controller send help.
>>
>>383079557
It takes a couple minutes to rush to the boss.
The only part where the backtracking is way too long and annoying is when you fight the bed of chaos.
>>
File: 1484186123733.jpg (36KB, 475x477px) Image search: [Google]
1484186123733.jpg
36KB, 475x477px
>>383079895
>couple minutes

That's too much milliseconds.
There shouldn't be any backtracking at all.
>>
>>383080316
That would make the game boring. Where's the challenge when you can restart boss battle as much as you want without punishment?

If you're having too much trouble you can try summoning someone.
>>
>>383080316
Just play DS3. It even has anime attacks.
>>
git gud
>>
>>383079557
Two words and six letters for you OP

>GIT
>GUD
>>
>>383079557

What boss you stuck on?
>>
File: reggie-fils-aime-shrug[1].jpg (76KB, 1148x764px) Image search: [Google]
reggie-fils-aime-shrug[1].jpg
76KB, 1148x764px
>>383081229
>>383081410

>running from point A to point B is a challenge and not boring and tedious

Fuck your punishment, it is not fun, and if it's not fun then why bother?
The challenge is in the boss itself and the fun is in fighting it.
>>
Just rush through the shit. You don't have to fight everything.

But if you get hit by something running back, you should just uninstall the game.
>>
I refuse to believe people have trouble with this game because my casual as fuck brother beat it easy
Then again he has a high IQ like me
>>
>>383081629

This just run past everything
>>
>>383081604

Gwyn, only because I have to journey through the wasteland every time I fail at parrying him.

Raged at the other ones as well.
>>
>>383079557
lol you're playing the wrong game, honestly. if you lose to a boss, you are punished. to place a bonfire right outside the boss door would ruin so much of the game. oh look I can spend my souls right before a boss so I don't risk losing them or have to make the choice to run back or homeward! casual
>>
>>383079557
Boss runs
After you've killed everything in a zone and know the layout and/or unlocked a shortcut, it should take no more than twelve seconds to get back to a boss from any bonfire in the game.

Also there are commonly hidden bonfires specifically meant to give you a retry when you fuck up.
>>
>>383081728
If you're on PC I can help you.

Funnily enough, I never learned to parry Gwyn. The first time I played the game I went completely blind so I didn't know you can parry him. And even then I'll rather fight him normally.
>>
File: 1490131083665.png (105KB, 522x406px) Image search: [Google]
1490131083665.png
105KB, 522x406px
>>383079557
Just don't die to the boss, fucking faggot
>>
>>383081986

No I want to kill him myself by parrying him.
It would really help if I re-spawned right outside the fog wall, not gonna lie.
Super meat boy style.
>>
Because that's the point of the game OP. Maybe you should play Skyrim or breath of the wild or something since you can't seem to understand that dark souls is intentionally designed for an audience looking for harsh but rewarding gameplay. It would be like walking into a thread about virtual novels and complaining that you have to read.
>>
>>383081610
>he doesn't like a challenge

enjoy your shit life, anon
>>
>>383083730

>he enjoys tedium

enjoy your suicide
>>
>>383079557
I mean, shit, at that point why bother? They should just have you get right back up when you die. Hell, make it so you can't die at all and just one shot every boss and you can win everything forever.
>>
>>383083885
>>383083602

Or they should just re-spawn you right before the boss so you can try again like in super meat boy.

Stop pretending to be retarded, you know there's no point in backtracking to a boss through an almost empty area.
Why not just make you stare at a loading screen for 2 minutes at that point?

wew what a """challenge""" boy, not wasting my time at all
>>
>>383084394
>Stop pretending to be retarded
You first
>>
>>383084618

That was just a joke, I know you can't stop.
>>
>>383084394
>Or they should just re-spawn you right before the boss so you can try again like in super meat boy.

Because it's not Super Meat Boy. Dark souls is based on slow methodical pattern recognition and punishing you for making mistakes. Super Meat Boy is based on quick platforming and fast reaction times. They're two completely different games, they're difficult for different reasons, and you're an absolute idiot for trying to compare them in such a way.
>>
>>383084394
I can't believe this shit bait is working so well on these people

Remember when we used to have good DaS threads?
>>
>>383081610
Just like all other hard things in life, maybe this game isnt for you.
>>
>>383081610
The entire game is about trade-offs
>strong equipment vs slow movement speed
>good drops and curse resistance with humanity vs the chance of losing it all
>making headway by braving the unknown vs losing all souls in areas you may not be able to return to
>>
>>383079557
Did you expect sensible replies? Well, tough luck because soulsfags will literally defend anything about their precious games. They will even defend the game not having a pause button.
>>
>>383081610
You know what else isn't fun? Brainlessly breezing through a game with zero effort or thought on your part. Those walk backs? They're there to think about the mistakes you might've made, plan the next fight in your head, and to de-stress a little bit by fighting not-so-tough enemies.
>>
>>383084394
hes right you fags i got cursed by the frogs
devs and autistic friends: haha farm 6k souls and find some fag while having half health then go all the way back to try again
DaS fanboys faggots: git gud fag haha its C H A L L E N G I N G *breaths through mouth profusely*
no its not challenging, i find nothing rewarding about replaying tedious, easy sections just to get to a new section that i want to learn to beat.
>>
>>383081229
super meat boy was challenging. walking from point A to B is not challenging
>>
>>383084850

They are both based on quick reaction time and pattern recognition.

>>383085176
>>383085550

Why does everyone ignore the argument that RUNNING FROM POINT A TO POINT B IS NOT A CHALLENGE, and it's also not fun.
I'm having the impression that you just equate unfun shit with "cashul filter punishment", and dismiss criticism.
There is good punishment that makes you want to try again and then there is absolute tedium.
>>
>>383080316
le add face
>>
>>383086465
>There is good punishment that makes you want to try again

Examples?
>>
>>383086465
>>383084850
>>383086354
lets end this here
ninja gaiden sigma/black are better hack and slash games...faster paced, more challenging, and you dont have to repeat LARGE FUCKING SECTIONS because "muh casual filter" fuck you fatlus fags
I play on mentor difficulty, get on my level
>>
>>383086058
Does it feel more rewarding to buy that brand new toy with your own money you saved over a few months of lawn mowing, or to have grandma buy it for you after sufficient whining outside the toystore?
>>
I agree with you OP. Those games suck ass for that reason alone. I played Bloodborne past the first boss and quit playing it. Don't have time to do the same part over and over.
>>
>>383086761
I bet you never learned to play an instrument because you were too good for practice
>>
File: atlus.png (10KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
atlus.png
10KB, 226x223px
>>383086739
what the fuck are on about, if your implying im underage im 26, fatlus
>>
File: 2cd.png (527KB, 546x1159px) Image search: [Google]
2cd.png
527KB, 546x1159px
>Just started brand new deprived run
>Blasting ass with the club you get in the beginning despite it being slow as fuck
>Get grazed by rat under the bridge
>Instantly get poisoned
>No way to clear it whatsoever outside of bonfires
>Die while I attempt running to the nearest bonfire
>No big deal I'll just run back
>I get grazed by a rat again on the run back
>Die
I love this game, but gosh darn the beginning can be a serious pain in the tuchus.
>>
>>383086970
Weird, most adults are pretty good at understanding metaphors...
>>
>>383081728
Just summon Solaire. He can tank like 90% of the fight.
>>
>>383086893
It's different because in Bloodborne killing the same mobs does nothing productive for me,just bores me
>>
>>383087080
yeah but yours doesn't make sense your not even farming gear in souls, its not really level dependent, im not sure what your refering to with the saving up. Ninja gaiden has harder more precise sequences, souls is literally only hard because of the length you must go without dying, its robbery this is just one example of a better game in terms of challenge
>>
>>383080316
kill yourself
>>
>>383086650

Good punishment is when you take damage or die because of your mistake.
Bad punishment is wasting the player's time with bullshit backtracking.
>>
>>383087451
this guy gets it now
>>
>>383081790
>it should take no more than twelve seconds to get back to a boss from any bonfire in the game.

I'd like to see you get to Nito from the Tomb bonfire in 12 seconds.
>>
>>383087347
It isn't about the amount of money; it is about the feeling you get from having put the work into getting and spending that money, and thus the heightened percieved value in the toy you bought because you worked for it, rather than just blowing it up with firecrackers cause grandma will just buy you another
>>
>people think this "area" is anything but absolute 0/10 trash that prevents the game from being above and 8/10
>>
>>383087451
What would you prefer to happen after dying?

WHERE DID YOU LEARN TO FLY?
>>
File: 2015-05-16_00098.jpg (293KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-16_00098.jpg
293KB, 1280x720px
>>383087848
>tfw trying to shitpost and you can't even do it correctly
>>
>>383087451
So Mario is bad because you have to start the level over when you fall in a pit and die?
>>
>>383087656
He's clearly using hyperbole, but Nito doesn't take that long to get to at all unless you're going in blind. If you know the way it takes no more than a minute or two of walking.
>>
>>383087275

>hear that if you give spider boobs 30 humanity she opens shortcut and you can save solaire or whatever
>farm humanity in depths for 3 hours
>find no such shortcut, game didn't tell me anything
>go to Izalith the "normal" way and from there arrive at the shortcut door
>solaire is fucked
>the door now opens
>>
Reminder to go and make someones day shit
Ember, vertebras, tongues, etc
doesn't matter, all it matter is you making that hosts life a shitfest
>>
>>383079557
>I get hit by the trash enemies between the bondfire and boss room and have to waste estus like the shitter I am
get gud
its suppose to make you get good at beating the normal enemies so you reach the boos room untouched, it is part of the challenge, not just the boss fight by itself
go play ds3 if you suck, you can even heal while moving and without stopping between each estus
>>
True, it's an annoying flaw in all the games. It will never get fixed either, the devs refuse to give you a good reason to want to repeat levels or put more bonfires before boss arenas. DS3 only made it worse by putting in a bunch of fucking elevators in between you and the bosses, because running past all enemies wasn't boring enough.
>>
>>383087937
>Trying to shitpost with the truth
Lost Izalith was a fucking mess and everyone, including From knows it.
>>
>>383088071
>its suppose to make you get good at beating the normal enemies
Who cares what it's "supposed" to do? It fails at that because it's too time consuming and boring so everyone rushes past the enemies and end up wasting time. This kind of design only works in 2D games where you quite literally can't dodge enemies.
>>
>>383087791
Dude what are you talking about please seek professional help
>>
>>383079557
just stop playing it if you don't like it. 2 and 3 are better games anyway.
>>
File: Aya Smile.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Aya Smile.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
>>383079557
What boss are you plebing to, OP?
>>
>>383087985
What faster way is there than fighting your way down along the main path?
>>
>>383088445
Your a mongoloid
>>
>>383088525
Just run past everything. The only time you really need to fight anything is when you get toward the end and those babies/pinwheels are there.
>>
File: 1492063145117.png (12KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1492063145117.png
12KB, 390x470px
>>383088445
>2 and 3 are better games anyway
>>
>>383088716
>>383088851
if they were all released at the same time 3 would be the best. I can't decide between 1 or 2 for second place
>>
>>383088947
The entire premise of 2 and 3 is built on 1 existing, without it they would be a fucking mess. 2 less so, but then it suffers from severe problems of it's own. The only real competition would be between 1 and 3, and I would give it to 1 due to the better atmosphere
>>
>>383087976

>So Mario is bad

I never said Dark Souls was a bad game, it just has a shitty mechanic.

>you have to start the level over when you fall in a pit and die

The challenge with 2D platformers is in surviving the level itself, and maybe plus a boss.
Running across an empty obstacle-less/challenge-less level every time you died to the boss would be pretty bad time wasting.
>>
>I make this same exact argument about Nier: Automata being tedious by having to replay the first section and level if you die to the wheel bosses
>300 replies of people calling me a faggot and saying git gud
>op makes the argument
>yeah man i kinda agree

FUCK

THIS

FAGGOT

BOARD

ALL

OF

YOU

KILL

YOURSELVES
>>
>>383089161
well that's just like your opinion man
>>
The game is designed for you to beat the boss on your first try. I remember my first time playing it the only runbacks I had to do were O&S and the four kings. And for those I thought it just paced the game pretty well anyways.

>Let's go on /v/ and get mad at Dark Souls guys.
>>
>>383079557
The only areas where it's tedious to run from the bonfire to the boss are Lost Izalith, Tomb of the Giants, Duke's Archive and New Londo, and surprise surprise, they're considered some of the worst areas in the game. Every other area you could run through in around 2 minutes if you unlocked the shortcuts.
>>
>>383089305
>Faggots who only care about a game because of the MC's ass vs faggots who actually care about the game itself
Oodalolly.
>>
>>383079557
Either stop being a casual, or buy a nintendo console.
It would probably suit you better.
>>
>>383089410
>The game is designed for you to beat the boss on your first try.
Not really, especially not the DLC bosses or shit like the gargoyles which is practically a gear upgrade check or Capra Demon which is cancer. Combine that with what you've mentioned and that's half of the game right there.
>>
File: 1499371086206.jpg (33KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499371086206.jpg
33KB, 540x540px
>>383088525

You run past everything retard, the monsters just look at you pass by.
Or maybe you can get inside the coffin near the titanite demon, and some dude takes you to Nitos grave.
>>
>>383089161
>The entire premise of 2 and 3 is built on 1 existing

I mean they could like slightly alter the story or something. The inherent gameplay is literally Demon's Souls.
>>
>>383090151
>Or maybe you can get inside the coffin near the titanite demon, and some dude takes you to Nitos grave.
That doesn't put you in the boss fight though.
>>
>>383090803

If you haven't killed Nito?
Then where does it put you?
I tried it only after I had killed him and it brought me to his chamber.
>>
I have never played Dark Souls before but Bloodborne tends to have its levels have shortcuts the player needs to unlock inorder to use them, which emphasizes the importance of exploration in the game. It still doesn't excuse tedius backtracking, but it at least makes exploration more important.
>>
>>383090990
The coffin lets you do shit with Gravelord covenant, but it doesn't start the boss fight with Nito, for that you have to run through tombs.
>>
>>383089161
I mean you can gymnastics your way into any of the games winning.

3 was just a love letter to 1 so we aren't really going to count it, so its just 2 vs 1, and I would give it to 2 due to the better pvp.

1's combat was nowhere near as polished as the sequels so that out right now, only real competitions is between 2 and 3, and i would give it to 3 due to better story.

>>383088947
its all opinions.

some people think all dark souls 1 fans are just people that refuse to let go of the "Best game ever!!!" and shit on everything that isn't DS1

some people think all DS2 fans are just contrarian faggots that can't handle being part of the majority

some people think DS3 fans are just hack and slash casuals that don't really appreciate the series

none of these are right, you can't just say that one of these games is the best and act like it is fact, someone will ALWAYS disagree

inb4 someone uses the word "objectively" to try to make his opinion into a fact.
>>
>>383090019
The only bosses I had consistent trouble with were the four kings. Maybe its just cuz Ive played it 30+ times but it sure as fuck seems like its meant to be beat and have you keep goin with that momentum.
>>
>>383088426
How could you not understand what that guy was saying fucking kill yourself you literal retatd
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.