[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this not the most based company ever to get involved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: new_logo_microsoft_02.png (25KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
new_logo_microsoft_02.png
25KB, 1920x1080px
How is this not the most based company ever to get involved in video games?
>>
What's with all those xbox/microsoft thread? shitposting?
>>
File: 1499200573156.jpg (579KB, 1239x1797px) Image search: [Google]
1499200573156.jpg
579KB, 1239x1797px
Probably one of the most cancerous companies to ever enter the industry. Certainly up there.
>>
File: 1499206712407.jpg (170KB, 1333x783px) Image search: [Google]
1499206712407.jpg
170KB, 1333x783px
>>383071973
>>
I should say it's the most based company ever to get involved in home computer entrepreneurship.
>>
>>383072138
shilling. probably the same contract as the valve hate circlejerk threads.
>>
>>383073492
This more like a hate toward MS than shilling
>>
fuck off, phil
>>
>>383072207
lying about what?

i cant read that tiny asss text motherfucker, why would you save that and not expand the image???????
>>
>>383072394
>no exclusives on the original xbox
Stopped reading right there.
>>
File: non-store-blocked-800x425.jpg (27KB, 800x425px) Image search: [Google]
non-store-blocked-800x425.jpg
27KB, 800x425px
>>383071973
Pressured PC devs to become console devs with the Xbox
Bought out Bungie, one of the most innovative PC/Mac/Linux game devs of the late 90s and turned them into a console first sweatshop that cranked out one halo game after another
Killed 'Longs Peak' the first true effort to create a modern graphics API without legacy cruft in order to force their console API on the PC world.
DirectX now only advances as the Xbox needs it, and updates are tied to Windows version rather than graphics card capability.

The gaming industry is starting to emerge from the shadow that Microsoft has cast over it for the last two decades now that Windows is below 50% of the market. There's still a long way to go, but Longs Peak's return in the form of Vulkan is allowing the PC to shine.
>>
>>383074167
show me one that isnt a meme game that is only liked because you have to buy a overpriced piece of hardware
>>
Microsoft owns the world.
What is left to say
>>
kill yourself shill
>>
File: Spore_logo.png (42KB, 523x129px) Image search: [Google]
Spore_logo.png
42KB, 523x129px
>>383071973
>>
File: TrustMicrosoft01.jpg (485KB, 1912x1554px) Image search: [Google]
TrustMicrosoft01.jpg
485KB, 1912x1554px
>>383071973
I'm guessing you voted for Hillary and watches MSNBC or CNN.
>>
>>383074717
>not xbox
So I guess it's ok to hate on PlayStation for Securom right?
>>
>>383074236
They legit let Bungie go after 5 Halo games. Any other major company would have kept hem for life or closed them down. MS is pretty fucking based as far as gaming goes.
>>
File: 1497229999741.jpg (168KB, 1041x956px) Image search: [Google]
1497229999741.jpg
168KB, 1041x956px
>>383071973
Microsoft is the own who ties down their users, bends them over, pulls down their pants then invites every intelligence agency so that they can buttrape their them.
>>
We already gave the world in a silver plater.
>>
>>383074717
Absolutely proprietary
>>
For some reason playing on Xbox just feels right. It doesn't pretend to be a gimmicky mess or underpowered with weird controller and network designs. It does its best to play games with a solid community and hardware and Microsoft overall has good taste in the IPs they acquire and use. Halo, Conker, Fable, and Gears, and over seas they got things like Jet Set Radio Future, Ninja Gaiden 2/Black, Chromehounds, Breakdown, and Lost Oddysey. Playing on Xbox just feels good idk senpai
>>
>>383074717
Microsoft is a proper, loyal company. They serve the country and in doing so, they serve Trump.

You're wrong to besmirch their good name.
>>
File: souls.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
souls.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>macroshaft
>makes shitty browser
>makes shitty tablets
>used to make shitty phones
>makes shitty computers
>makes shitty consoles
>hypes shitty games
>makes a decent operating system about once every decade
Burn in putrid fire, shill.
>>
>>383075671
Rather, Microsoft sold a valueless brand to a group of talentless hacks who parade around pretending to have some connection to the awesome UNIX game dev of old.

Its very similar to how Zenimax continues to drag around the corpse of Id pretending they're in touch with the old base.

Of the old FPS game companies only Epic and Croteam seem to be in touch with what made the games back in the 90s great.
>>
>>383074518
Uh, Google, Facebook, Apple, Amazon, etc. own the world. The only reason Microsoft is still relevant is corporate use of Windows and Office.
>>
>>383076378
>Every house will eventually have windows 10 because it is the last windows
>lolz they are irrelevant
Go away.
>>
>>383076597
Dude, PCs are irrelevant for normies, they use more their phone. Even here, at least a half of users browse 4chan on their smartphones.
>>
>>383076597
>Every house will eventually have windows 10
What kind of delusion is this? Mac is more popular than ever, people are walking away from personal computers in favor of ARM tablets and smart phones.
>>
>>383077217
Right, that's why Microsoft is shifting Windows to be a Android/ChromeOS competitor as fast as they can and are doing everything they can to lock the hardware down.

They don't really care if they lose the PC gamer market, they don't make much money off of us and even if every Steam user switches to Linux that's barely a 5% hit to them.
>>
>>383074436
Breakdown ;_;

exclusivity is what killed it. if it had been on PC it would have definitely been a cult hit remembered and played to this day, at least keeping alive the possibility of an eventual sequel or reissue.
>>
>>383077921
>Microsoft is shifting Windows to be a Android/ChromeOS competitor as fast as they can
You said it, MS is now the competitor and we know how Windows Phone failed. Even if they try to shoehorn W10 to tablets, no one will care becuase Android and iOS just werks. I would be happy if my entire Steam library worked on Linux because video games are the only reason why I still use this piece of shit OS.
>>
>>383078758
> I would be happy if my entire Steam library worked on Linux because video games are the only reason why I still use this piece of shit OS.

1/4 of the games already work natively. That's 3000+ games, not everything to be sure but enough you'll never run out of things to play. My library is only missing about 10 out of 120 games.
Add to that all the D3D9 games, Wine actually works for them as well as Windows 10's own compatibility layer. Plus with AMD hardware you get native D3D9 support even on Linux so there's not even a performance penalty.
Plus of course there's tons of emulators available as well.

Really you only miss out on D3D11 games (the development branch of Wine is getting close for them), and a few immature closed source emulators.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.