[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Smash 5 trailer >New characters are being announced >Ridley

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: RidleySSBB.jpg (12KB, 250x192px) Image search: [Google]
RidleySSBB.jpg
12KB, 250x192px
>Smash 5 trailer
>New characters are being announced
>Ridley comes onto screen
>Ridley-HENSHIN A GO-GO BABY
>Joe lands a red hot kick and joins the battle
>>
>>383071598
If Ridley won't be added as a playable fighter, the fuck makes you think Joe ever would? Not that I don't want him in, but there are several Capcom characters who'd get in before him. Dante (it could happen), a second Mega Man rep, a second SF rep, a Resident Evil rep (either Jill Valentine or Leon S. Kennedy), Morrigan Aensland, all viable choices to get in.

Btw, I could see Ridley being one of the first announced characters in 5, like Mega Man and Villager for 4.
>>
File: Consider The Following Peach.png (166KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Consider The Following Peach.png
166KB, 400x400px
>>383071598
>Nintendo scrapped at the bottom of the barrel for Smash 4 additions
>aside from new IPs like Splatoon and Arms, they've got next to no genuinely famous characters left to add
I think Ridley has a genuine shot at being added at this point. Seriously, who is left that general gamers can recognize that they haven't added? It's pretty much just Toad now.
>>
>>383071886
Date is lame, Joe is cool
>>
File: RabbidsKingdomBattle.png (393KB, 1080x900px) Image search: [Google]
RabbidsKingdomBattle.png
393KB, 1080x900px
Can't wait to see all the butthurt Ridley fans when pic related gets in over him.
>>
>>383071980
>Nintendo scrapped at the bottom of the barrel for Smash 4 additions
I don't get this meme at all. Everyone Sakurai added were fan favorite characters that everyone asked to be in, like Mega Man and Villager, hype as fuck iconic newcomers that no one saw coming, like Ryu, Cloud, or fucking Bayonetta, or characters who came from series that sold millions anyway, like WFT.

I just don't get how people look at Rosalina and think "bottom of the barrel," considering the fact that she's literally the most popular and most relevant new Mario character. If you didn't see her inclusion in Smash coming, you were a retard.
>>
>>383072278
>fan favorites
Ridley is one of the most requested characters.
>>
>>383072739
How does that change what I said? Yes, Ridley was one of the fan favorite characters who didn't make it in, and it's a damn shame as a Ridleyfag myself, but look who also got in: Mega Man, Villager, Palutena, Rosalina, and even Cloud, and all of those had their fans shouting to get them in.
>>
File: Ridleyfags Enter A Thread.png (62KB, 642x1083px) Image search: [Google]
Ridleyfags Enter A Thread.png
62KB, 642x1083px
>>383072278
I'm talking 1st party additions. If you look in terms of popularity:

Major Additions
>Villager
>Greninja
>Lucina
>Rosalina
>Miis

Known But Not Necessarily Popular Additions
>Little Mac (he's pretty much a west only character)
>Wii Fit Trainer
>Bowser Jr

Niche Additions
>Robin
>Palutena
>Dark Pit
>Duck Hunt Dog
>Shulk
>Corrin (game wasn't even out yet)

And here's the thing, of those Nintendo characters added, are any of them as famous as Link or even Samus?

Thats why I think Ridley has a shot. Sure, Nintendo is on a roll with new IPs right now. Inklings and probably Spring Man are getting in. There's without question a new Pokemon addition. Hell, there might be a new Zelda addition too. Maybe that rumored W101 port/sequel will lead to Wonder Red, though I doubt it.

But as far a character with a long history that is 1st party? Not some retro addition like DHD or Ice Climbers? Ridley is all thats left.
>>
>>383073538
I hope Ridley is in MP4, that would warrant his inclusion since the devs have Smash as a vehicle for advertising recent games.
>>
>>383073538
I agree with your main point that Ridley is one of their few big, better-known characters that has a shot, although I also think K. Rool should be considered as well, even if he likely won't be in, plus you have other DKC characters like Dixie Kong and maybe Cranky Kong as well, not to mention Toad/Captain Toad, Daisy, Impa, Pig Ganon, etc. There's still some stuff they could go with.

But I disagree with calling the other characters "bottom of the barrel." I think Shulk is a good example of what I'm talking about. Honestly, for as much as people bitched and complained about Nintendo bringing Xenoblade Chronicles over into America, it makes absolutely no sense that people think Shulk is some literal-who. I didn't even play the game but I wasn't surprised when Shulk was announced. Weren't people talking about how the game was one of the best RPGs out of Japan in awhile? It was a pretty big deal.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.