[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were you a Nintendo kid or a Sega kid? Have you switched sides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: nintendo-vs-sega.jpg (19KB, 360x198px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-vs-sega.jpg
19KB, 360x198px
Were you a Nintendo kid or a Sega kid? Have you switched sides now that you're older, or are you still loyal to the original company you grew up with?
Which one had your favorite games/mascots as a kid, and how about now?
Which one had the superior consoles during the 90s?
>>
>>383067687
>/vr/
>>
>>383067687
I had a Genesis, Super Nintendo, Gameboy Color, and Game Gear as a kid. Then we got an N64 and I wanted a Saturn, but my dad wanted a PS1 so we got that instead.
I play lots of Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast games I never had, and lots of NES and SNES games.
>>
i had a Megason, which was a bootleg NES.
>>
tribalism is stupid
>>
>>383067998
No it's inherently good but picking between brands isn't tribalism, it's loyalism.
>>
>be me
>be dirtpoor
>never expect anything for bday
>mom actually got me a n64 for some reason
>have best friend
>he has a sega and ps1
>enjoy the best of both worlds for the rest of my youth

if i just remember the videogames my youth was a great time

both were gr8
>>
Had a genesis and snes since release so I rented games every weekend for both and owned a lot of the good ones. Nintendo wins.
>>
I'm nearly 30. First console was a Sega Megadrive (Genesis) then got an N64 then graduated on to PS2 then Xbox 360. Now my household has two Xbones (rarely used), a Wii (not used in a couple of years except a bit of Red Dead Redemption occasionally), a PS4 mainly for the missus and a PC, which is mine and is used most often. No console loyalty.
>>
>>383069089
Oops switched Wii and Xbone somehow nvm
>>
File: dodging_bullets.gif (4MB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
dodging_bullets.gif
4MB, 320x224px
>>383067687
Sega + SNK forever
>>
I had a genesis but often played snes from friends. But I never considered myself to have a "side" because that's dumb
>>
File: neo.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
neo.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>383069464
>tfw the wrong kids died
they both left the console market in the same year to
>>
>>383067687
I had both, so I've basically been an idort my whole life. Got a NES when I was 3 or 4, got a Genesis and SNES a few years later. I always preferred the SNES over the Genesis, mostly because I was a huge Mega Man fan as a kid, and Mega Man X has always been one of my favorite games.
>>
We were definitely a Nintendo household. While I still have look at the NES and SNES with the thickest nostalgia goggles, Nintendo lost me with the Wii and I've been playing PC as my primary platform since. I have been eyeballing the Switch though.
>>
File: 1494957549546.jpg (76KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1494957549546.jpg
76KB, 1200x800px
I went from being a Nintendo to Sega to Sony guy. I always sided with the side that had the best games in my view. It hurt when Sega sided with Microsoft but Sony still had the best games regardless so I remained a Sony guy but it's good to see Sega come back home in a sense and giving Sony all their games now. The more I see people nostaglia over Nintendo the less fan I became of them, their games weren't that good, their hardware was often shit and lacked third party support and everything about them was over priced.
>>
Grew up with a little bit of everything. I'm more of a Sega guy now though.

I will always give more respect to the Genesis, though.

I used to love Mario and hate Sonic. Played all the classic Sonic games again in the last couple years, and Sonic is my jam now. Excited for Mania.

please reblog
>>
I was a Nintendo kid but at the same time I appreciated all the awesome games Sega was making. I never cared about console wars bullshit. The only consoles I was mocking was the objectively crappy ones like Atari Jaguar.

I am now an adult and I still prefer over Sega. The difference is that now I believe retro Mario games have aged better than Sonic ones (with few exceptions like Sonic 3 and Sonic CD).
>>
>>383067687
I was both because my parents gave me both systems. By the way, I don't get this "only rich kids had both" meme. My parents were middle class and gave me at least one of the systems on a different Christmas Day. Hell, they even got me a Game Boy, Game Gear and even a Sega CD.
Fuck, I'm going to go tell my parents I love them.
>>
nintendo kid but i prefer sega now. kind of wish i supported them during the dreamcast era desu
>>
Nintendo, which was unusual in the UK
>>
I was obsessed with sega because i was really drawn to failure stories for some reason. I also loved researching the yugo
>>
>>383067687
I had a NES then a Genesis. I loved sonic shit but also liked Nintendo. Luckily I had friends/family with SNES so I got to play both.
>>
>>383067687
I had both nintendo and sega consoles back then, but I favored nintendo more back then. Now I kinda like sega more. They are hit or miss(admitably lots of misses), but that's better than Nintendo, which just feels stagnant in mediocrity. I don't really have any brand loyalty though.
>>
Nintendofag, but now I realize I prefer Sega.
>>
File: 1499331705611.png (121KB, 304x302px) Image search: [Google]
1499331705611.png
121KB, 304x302px
>>383067687
>loyal to company
Usually when choosing platform I think who will screw me over less.
>>
>>383067687
I had a super nintendo, but i wasn't a nintendo kid. Ironically when i 16/19 i became a console warrior. It's like i was more mature when i was a kid.
Righ now i don't really care much about that stuff, but i still have a certain dislike for sony.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.