[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this. Awesome game. Is the sequel just as good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

Just finished this. Awesome game.

Is the sequel just as good /v/? Should i get it soon as possible?

By the way, Dishonored thread.
>>
Get the two Daud DLCs first, motherfucker. They're excellent and an important bridge between the two games.
And yes, the sequel is just as good and is in fact better in most departments, although it has an even shittier story and the setting is not as cool.
>>
>>383063007
fpbp
>>
Play the DLC if you haven't already

The sequel is better in almost every regard, but get ready for shit performance if you don't have a good rig
>>
>>383062867
The sequel improves on the level design and gives more variety through Emily/Corvo, (although Corvo is the same) but the characters are far worse and the boat isn't comfy like the Hound pits. I would still say number 2 is the better game
>>
Go here I already made a thread
>>383062259
>>
Don't tell me you were a dumb guy and didn't buy the DLCs during the sale...
>>
>>383062867
Kind of a derail but how is dishonored 1? I bought it on a steam sale for like $8. Only got about 20 minutes in and my attention was pulled elsewhere. Do I have to be super sneaky? Or can I brute force my way through the game?
>>
>>383062867
Does anyone else pronounce this is "OISH Onored"?
>>
What the others said. Play the DLC first and then go on to the sequel. They're all very good.
>>
>>383063418
umm... Dish Onored
>>
>>383063378
You can do whatever you want, mate. Play it as a super stealth man or play it like a demonic assassin.
>>
>>383063275

Yeah the boat was a serious disappointment compared to the bar.

I liked it but I haven't given it nearly as much attention as I gave the first. I need to go back and play it again seeing as I hardly remember anything from it. It'll get done eventually.
>>
>>383063575
Yeah fuck the boat. And the woman (can't remember her name) wasn't as interesting as most of the cast in the bar.
>>
>>383062867
I didn't find the sequel as fun because the AI is kind of bullshit and the nonlethal route isn't as fun. Other people have really liked it though so it's up to you. Play the DLC of the first game first though
>>
get the second game on a huge discount, its an incredibly lazy rehash of the first game's dlc and worth nowhere near full price.
>>
>>383062867
>teleport, teleport, teleport, stop time, instakill, instakill, instakill
>fun
no
>>
File: Screenshot296422.jpg (478KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot296422.jpg
478KB, 1920x1080px
>>383063378
>can I brute force my way through the game?

Probably, I think so at least
>>
>>383063007
Damn, that was concise and spot on.

>>383063378
You can do either and switch it up at any point. I prefer stealth so I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure that the combat is the the weaker part of the game (fixed in the sequel).

If you do go stealthy I suggest sticking with it. There's something incredibly satisfying about doing everything in the game without anyone having an idea of who you are or what you're doing. Remember to sign the guest book.
>>
>>383063575
>>383063736
The boat was just wasted potential. The idea of having an old ship as your base of operations was nice as hell, and ships can be really comfy - they just failed to actually populate it, so it felt empty and impersonal.

Basically; it lacked a crew.
>>
File: Emily.jpg (36KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Emily.jpg
36KB, 800x534px
>>383062867
Name a better level than Clockwork Mansion.
>>
>>383063984
>Oversimplification of game of your choice
>Fun
No
>>
OP here.
The Brigmore Witches and The Knife of Dunwall, these dlcs you guys are talking about?

My notebook is shit. i don't even know how the fuck it played quite well this game. I will get Dishonored 2 on my xbone after playing the dlcs.
>>
>>383064137
The Royal Conservatory
>>
>>383064121
Yes it was. Add a small crew, the possibility to customize the ship, and a mission where you're raided. It's a lot of extra work but it would make the ship fun.
>>
>>383064138
Exactly. Game is so overly simple and easy that its not even fun. It suffers from the b-b-but you can do anything! syndrome that so many boring games use.
>>
>>383064201
Those are the ones. Get them. Knife of Dunwall first.
>>
>>383063990
I played the main game full stealth and then just killed everyone in the Daud DLC. It was very easy and boring. It's possible to blink into someone's face and immediately kill them. Very easy with the time stop mechanic that Daud's blink has. Rinse and repeat.
>>
File: 1485209009222.jpg (41KB, 310x240px) Image search: [Google]
1485209009222.jpg
41KB, 310x240px
Playing Dishonored 2
Did Corvo talk this much in the first game? He doesn't fucking shut up.
Also the art direction is WAY worse imo
>>
>>383064561
No, they fucked that up majorly. Should have kept the silent protagonist.
>>
Okay so I'm playing through Dishonored 2 nonlethal ghost. Just got to the Clockwork Mansion and feel like giving up. I fucking hate these soldiers. I didn't upgrade any of my toolkit because, in previous games, every enemy could be taken out with the sleeping dart / choke / removing power.

How do I git gud with these guys? 2 stun mines or 2 grenades work, usually. But I only have 4 of each and lost half of em getting Jindosh.
>>
>>383063984
If you use those things at a high level, i.e. chaining things together smoothly without ever putting yourself in danger, it's incredibly satisfying.
The real problem is how boring and easy non-lethal is.
>>
I was expecting 2 to be really bad due to what I read on here but imo it actually has better gameplay than the first one, just seems less exciting storywise.

Jesus fuck though does it ever run like ass, I'm max on settings that don't cost much but medium settings for shadows and shit like that and I'm dipping to like 45fps in areas when I get a solid 110 avg in DOOM maxed.
>>
>"best" two levels of 2 are literally backdoor demos for another game
>boat was a lifeless hub where you just run around in in between missions looking for lore devices to read
>only actual missions that felt like a sequel were dust district and conservatory
>the whole plot revolves around asspulling delilah as jessamine's sister who was "betrayed" by her and then sent away (we already played this when it was called blood and wine)
>the only neat part of the game was saving aramis which the vast majority of players missed because they were so nauseous from the incessant back and forth of using the time travel device
>ANTON SOKOLOV BUILT THIS LOCK
>>
>>383064438
The fact that you can instantly murderize everything with minimal effort irks me too. You'd think that they would've rectified that in the sequel by adding different enemy types that aren't made out of glass, BUT NOPE, even the supposedly scary robots can be instantly taken out.
>>
>>383064669

Listening to Garret again made up for it. His writing is bad, but that gravelly delicious voice is too good I don't even give a shit.
>>
>>383065008
Are you new? Never listen to the extremes parroted here.
>>
>>383064973
climb somewhere high or teleport right above them use the air takedown. the robots dont count towards lethal.
>>
>>383065243

Is it a one shot even unupgraded? Read online that wasn't the case.
>>
I liked 1, but 2 is boring the absolute shit out of me.
>>
>>383065128
>I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am.
The first two Thief games were pure ludo.
>>
File: IMG_2615.png (514KB, 637x729px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2615.png
514KB, 637x729px
>Just finished Dishonored yesterday
>During the Daud fight we ZA WARUDO'd eachother and I pulled a Dio by staggering him on the plank bridge and then unloading all of my regular and incidniary bolts while time was stopped
>mfw time resumed
>>
Obligatory for every DIshonored thread

https://youtu.be/T5Ymh_wHjaQ
>>
>>383064973
use hardened bolts from stealth, shoot the armor plate. shoot the oil exposed oil tank.
slow time and rewire them.
air assassinate and rip off the head. as long as your quiet you can sneak all around them without them seeing you. or lure them to another robot and watch them duke it out. or just walk behind them and bash thier armor off and blow up the oil tank.
stun mines and spring razors (upgraded ones wreck the fuck out of them)
as long as no other people are around you can really go nuts with them and shoot them too.
>>
>>383066401

Thank you. Seriously I appreciate it, that's really helpful.
>>
>>383066335
>>383063984
>>
>>383066020
I bet you lost to Corvo in the dream sequence of the Daud DLC, though.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.